Author Topic: Sakuya Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 80040 times)

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Sakuya Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #960 on: April 21, 2016, 11:22:47 AM »
> "Mmm. Speaking of politics, are Miss Hijiri and Miss Toyosatomimi still at each other's throats after all these years? Or did they finally bury the hatchet?"
> "And whatever became of little Miss Sukuna?"

Okay, after this I'm really ready to go. :V
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 12:37:19 PM by Kilgamayan »
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
« Reply #961 on: April 21, 2016, 12:57:46 PM »
Wait for me !!!!! I'm late !

>"You know.... 2 goddesses and a shrine maiden living together on a simple shrine... that's quite a bit like the Moriya Shrine if i may say it."
>Take on a more serious stance
>"I must ask........ was it worth it becoming a goddess ? Living all these years seeing the people you loved and daily engaged with to just...... vanish away while you stayed, and then trying to continue with your life just for the same thing to repeat again...."

« Reply #962 on: April 21, 2016, 03:35:30 PM »
>"What made you join up with minoriko? I didn't think she would be your type."
>"And, You mentioned that damn ghost is still active, don't tell me that she has another new annoying servant now ."
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #963 on: April 21, 2016, 03:38:26 PM »
For what it is worth, Sakuya's grudge would not logically carry beyond Youmu, since future servants would (theoretically) not have attempted to take Remilia's life.
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

« Reply #964 on: April 21, 2016, 03:51:44 PM »
I'd imagine she'd have a good chance of disliking them for other reasons, She likely found Yuyuko to be pretty annoying.
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #965 on: April 21, 2016, 04:03:54 PM »
Do we REALLY have to ask weird and uncalled for questions about MinorikoxReimu?

>Don't do the thing asking about Minoriko.

Bear in mind that asking really grumpy, and above all inelegant questions about Yuyuko and her new servant does come off as holding a centuries long grudge, even if we weren't around for most of that.  I at the very least do not like the phrasing.

>"Oh, yes, before I forget, how is the underground doing...is Nue still around?"

(Was this already asked?  If so, feel free to belay it)

« Reply #966 on: April 21, 2016, 04:13:07 PM »
I was just going off how Kilga refered them as "those two". Sounded like she still felt a grudge over what happened to me.

But since you guys are unhappy about it:

>Instead say "You mentioned that that Ghost Princess is still active, does that mean she now has another servant?"
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 05:00:43 PM by the old guy »

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #967 on: April 21, 2016, 04:35:18 PM »
She has a grudge, but she's also kind of an /elegant/ maid.  That phrasing is much more fitting.  Basically, it's a quibble with character voice and propriety.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #968 on: April 21, 2016, 04:57:03 PM »
> "Mmm. Speaking of politics, are Miss Hijiri and Miss Toyosatomimi still at each other's throats after all these years? Or did they finally bury the hatchet?"
> "And whatever became of little Miss Sukuna?"

>"I guess you can say the hatchet is buried," says Reimu. "And Shinmyoumaru? Well, Kobito are just small humans, so she's been gone for awhile. Oh, that does remind me, though. They do have a village northwest of the bamboo forest these days. Not much there to talk about that I recall, but it's a neat little place."

>"Oh, yes, before I forget, how is the underground doing...is Nue still around?"

>"Ah, that place. Well, it's not changed too much. Still rough and rowdy, still under the Devas. A bit more mixed these days; a lot of the oni have immigrated to other places. And Nue? Well, I haven't heard of anything happening to her. I figure she might still be down there, if she didn't run off to Apex."

>Instead say "You mentioned that that Ghost Princesse is still active, does that mean she now has another servant?"

>"I think so," says Reimu.

>"You know.... 2 goddesses and a shrine maiden living together on a simple shrine... that's quite a bit like the Moriya Shrine if i may say it."
>Take on a more serious stance
>"I must ask........ was it worth it becoming a goddess ? Living all these years seeing the people you loved and daily engaged with to just...... vanish away while you stayed, and then trying to continue with your life just for the same thing to repeat again...."

>Reimu laughs, so does Minoriko. "Well, it's be a problem if we lived apart!" Reimu says.
>"You know, I wouldn't let most people get away with that kind of question," says Reimu with a wink. "But to be honest, I didn't really have a choice in the matter. I didn't even try, I just sorted ended up gathering so much faith over the years after all those incidents, it just happened. I never really questioned it, it just felt natural." She chuckles. "Honestly I couldn't even tell you when it was done and I stopped being human. And...well, yeah, it's hard to lose people, But when you get older, goddess, human, or youkai, you have it happen. You kind of get used to it, or maybe I just adapted into my role. You don't really think about it in terms of losing people anymore, you think about in terms of making sure they did well while they were around, and then were properly mourned and honored. It becomes your job to take care of them as well as you can and let them flourish, and help them prepare things for the next generation. Then once they're done, you help ease them along and then you do your best to remember them fondly. Heh, if the Child of Maire would ever show her face around here, I'd have an earful for her."

>_

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #969 on: April 21, 2016, 05:22:35 PM »
>"Hmmm... so you have embraced the fact that everyone else will die... but you still have that warmth in your heart and the will to aid everyone..."
>Give her a pleasant smile.
>"Still the Reimu i knew even after all this time. You're a true example for everyone, human or youkai, i'm sure your ancestors would be proud."
>"Speaking of that, do you have a descendant may i ask ? A child or grandchild ?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #970 on: April 21, 2016, 05:52:32 PM »
>"Hmmm... so you have embraced the fact that everyone else will die... but you still have that warmth in your heart and the will to aid everyone..."
>Give her a pleasant smile.
>"Still the Reimu i knew even after all this time. You're a true example for everyone, human or youkai, i'm sure your ancestors would be proud."
>"Speaking of that, do you have a descendant may i ask ? A child or grandchild ?"

>Reimu chuckles. "I'm glad you approve. Mino gets mad when I say it, but it's kind of like having pets."
>"They are not pets, Reimu!" Mino says, giving her a look.
>"I know, it's just kind of a similar concept!"
>"Oh, no," she says, shaking her head. "I decided a long time ago that I'm not going to force anyone into this business. If I had a kid, then she'd be expected to take over whether she liked it or not. But as long as I didn't, I get to choose an heir, someone who wants the job and can do it."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #971 on: April 21, 2016, 07:45:26 PM »
Ultimatum: If there are no new commands by 4:30 EDT, I'm hugging Reimu and leaving.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #972 on: April 21, 2016, 08:00:18 PM »
 :objection!: Wait what ?!?!?!! Nope ! If anyone`s hugging anyone it`s me ! I just missed the update.

>"Hmmm, well at least you`ll have a heir, it`s close enough."
>Walk over to the donation box.
>"SInce nobody is here to object, i think i should do my part, although i don`t have enough to pay for centuries of donations, it`s the intent that counts right ?"
>Grab 10 coins/currency/dunno how to make the symbol help, and put them on the box.

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #973 on: April 21, 2016, 08:05:36 PM »
> Did Sir Kay look fully human to us?

If this really is centuries in the future then I'm suspicious of Sir Kay actually not only just being alive but remembering the whole deal with Nue.

Unless the reveal here is that the border that Nue went through also just so happened to be a time portal to the future.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #974 on: April 21, 2016, 08:12:58 PM »
It was established in Nue Quest that time flowed differently between the two realms.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #975 on: April 21, 2016, 08:25:19 PM »
>"Hmmm, well at least you`ll have a heir, it`s close enough."
>Walk over to the donation box.
>"SInce nobody is here to object, i think i should do my part, although i don`t have enough to pay for centuries of donations, it`s the intent that counts right ?"
>Grab 10 coins/currency/dunno how to make the symbol help, and put them on the box.

>"Oh, Yukari used to get on me about it all the time," says Reimu with a chuckle. "Well, up to a point. I think she figured out what was going on with me long before I did."
>You drop 10 ☼ into the donation box. "Oh, you didn't have to do that," says Reimu. "But we both appreciate it. Thank you."

> Did Sir Kay look fully human to us?

>You are convinced he was human.

>_

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #976 on: April 21, 2016, 10:17:59 PM »
>"It`s nothing really, money can always be acquired again, and our debts to you were many in numbers, which i`m guessing grew even bigger with theses centuries."
>Go back to Reimu.
>"You said something of a blessing before, so how does it work ? It may help me get back to my time period."

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #977 on: April 21, 2016, 10:21:18 PM »
> We already discussed the blessing thing. She said not to worry about it until later.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #978 on: April 21, 2016, 10:28:34 PM »
>"It`s nothing really, money can always be acquired again, and our debts to you were many in numbers, which i`m guessing grew even bigger with theses centuries."
>Go back to Reimu.
>"You said something of a blessing before, so how does it work ? It may help me get back to my time period."

>"Oh, not that bad. I've had successors doing most of the work for centuries," says Reimu. "And it's not as though you guys weren't doing things too."
>Reimu grins. "Ah, you are planning to find your way back. I was wondering about that. Just give me a moment, here."
>She takes your hands into hers and closes her eyes, focusing. A kind of sparkle fills the air, as if someone was throwing around very tiny danmaku, for a fraction of a second.
>"There you are," she says. "One of my finest blessings, perfect for a returning hero of old."
>"I would offer one myself," Minoriko says, "But I don't think you have much of a mind to sow a field."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #979 on: April 21, 2016, 10:36:02 PM »
Oh, well, fuck me then, ahaha. :V

> Grin.
> "I won't let you down, my old friend."
> Give Reimu a hug.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #980 on: April 21, 2016, 10:43:12 PM »
> Grin.
> "I won't let you down, my old friend."
> Give Reimu a hug.

>You wrap your arms around Reimu. She hugs you back without hesitation. "You best not. Anyways, I'm thinking that you might have some luck up in Bhava-Agra."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #981 on: April 21, 2016, 10:47:26 PM »
> Grin again.
> "Ohoho, you're *encouraging* us to invade them now, are you? What a difference several hundred years makes. Should I go there before visiting the Temple, then?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #982 on: April 21, 2016, 11:18:03 PM »
> Grin again.
> "Ohoho, you're *encouraging* us to invade them now, are you? What a difference several hundred years makes. Should I go there before visiting the Temple, then?"

>"That's up to you, isn't it?" says Reimu. "Anyways, before you go, let me make sure you understand this. Gensokyo is a larger place than it used to be, back in your time. Haihan is a few days away, for example. So don't get too surprised if your sense of direction doesn't work entirely. The other thing to remember is that youkai really aren't like they used to be; they're mostly a part of society now. I mean, I don't think that'd be a problem for you, what with Scarlet Devil Mansion and all? But just don't be too surprised if you see youkai ordering humans around like it's natural, or vice versa. Oh, and don't be surprised if you have a hard time finding pure-blooded humans. They're a bit more rare these days."
>"Well, actually, there's more of them," says Minoriko, "But they're a smaller fraction of the population than they used to be."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #983 on: April 21, 2016, 11:28:08 PM »
> Nod.
> "I understand, and will do what I can to compensate. Oh, but your mentioning of pure-blood humans reminds me of one last thing. What happened to the kids from the outside world, Usami and Hearn?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #984 on: April 22, 2016, 12:01:55 AM »
> Nod.
> "I understand, and will do what I can to compensate. Oh, but your mentioning of pure-blood humans reminds me of one last thing. What happened to the kids from the outside world, Usami and Hearn?"

>"How did you know my name?" says Kaori.
>Reimu just smirks a bit.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #985 on: April 22, 2016, 12:05:00 AM »
Oh damn. You go, Mary.

> Raise an eyebrow and look at Kaori.
> "You mean to tell me you're a...Hearn, judging from your hair?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #986 on: April 22, 2016, 12:08:42 AM »
> Raise an eyebrow and look at Kaori.
> "You mean to tell me you're a...Hearn, judging from your hair?"

>"Um, Usami, actually," says the shrine maiden. "But I think I've met some Hearns."

>_

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #987 on: April 22, 2016, 12:12:31 AM »
>"Well, i have met your ancestor Renko Usami, she had a brunette hair while her companion, Maribel Hearn had blonde one, so i just assumed."
>Turn to Reimu.
>"So how did those kids end up ?"

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #988 on: April 22, 2016, 12:18:58 AM »
> Smirk.
> "One of the first things your ancestor did upon arriving in Gensokyo is amass an army of fairies to attack my home. However many years later, the first thing you do upon meeting me is imply that I am old. It seems I will be cursed by the Usami line forever."

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #989 on: April 22, 2016, 12:21:05 AM »
> "One of the first things your ancestor did upon arriving in Gensokyo is amass an army of fairies to attack my home. However many years later, the first thing you do upon meeting me is imply that I am old. It seems I will be cursed by the Usami line forever."
Wait, is that actual canon stuff or just from a Quest ?