Author Topic: Are You a Squid Now? - Splatoon Thread  (Read 99294 times)

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Re: Are You a Squid Now? - Splatoon Thread
« Reply #270 on: July 19, 2015, 04:56:52 PM »
I stopped playing because got 3 communication errors in 3 games and lost 2 others. So those are 5 losses. This morning none of this happened but now all these communication errors.

I am glad SplatFest is over soon because 1) The theme is dumb 2) EU is suffering 3) I need my snails :V

(That is if team Yuyuko wins)

Edit:
Results of Yuyuko (eat) vs Yukari(sleep)

63% vs 37%
48% vs 52%
151 vs 140 or something I forgot.

TL DR:   Yuyuko > Yukari

And I received 24 snails.  :D
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 06:03:41 PM by Helepolis »

Picochilla

• Just a random Chinchilla
« Reply #271 on: July 19, 2015, 07:34:31 PM »
Edit:
Results of Yuyuko (eat) vs Yukari(sleep)

63% vs 37%
48% vs 52%
151 vs 140 or something I forgot.

It was actually 159 vs 141 to be exact.

And Yes, because i was waiting an hour to get the results, i trolled aroung the Singleplayer campain and recieved that out of stupid boredom: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9g1OlufAkA
Yeah... really shit recording i made there. Shame on me!

pasu

• what are they talking about!
  • medi for 14.5 never ;_;
« Reply #272 on: July 20, 2015, 08:51:34 PM »
Nice speed run  :o

So I made a new account (new nnid too) just to play chargers or whatever weapons I'm too embarassed to try out in my main account because I don't want to be That One Feeder in the losing team. After 6 levels I've resolved that the charger is def not for me ;_; it was fun bullying the low levels though

i should probably get to changing my sig but im too lazy

art thread / yukkuri quest thread

Tamashii Kanjou

• If you didn't quite already know...
  • I am the leader of TCF <3
    • TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #273 on: July 21, 2015, 10:05:58 AM »
And we have another double batch of weapons on the way. Granted, both are adjustments of existing ones; but hey, it'll open up new load-outs for the respective weapons~

The E-Litre 3K Scope, and the Neo Splash-O-matic

Like before, they'll be available tomorrow. And given that I liked the Splash-O-matic but not the load out for it, I hope it's got a better combo this time so I can use it more~ XD

Picochilla

« Reply #274 on: July 21, 2015, 07:04:08 PM »
The E-Litre 3K Scope, and the Neo Splash-O-matic

Scoped E-Litre? That's freakish OP! They will kill uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuus!

Also: Stupiest Tweet so far there https://twitter.com/NotMyNumber/status/623410744441335809 (I never heard of an Shooter-MMO that was "fully")

pasu

« Reply #275 on: July 22, 2015, 03:15:41 AM »
YEEEES I FINALLY REACHED RANK B  :toot: :toot: :toot: Here's to me not dropping back into B- hell

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #276 on: July 22, 2015, 05:43:39 AM »
Scoped ELitre. Oh god. Arowana Mall and Moray Towers will become even more suffering now.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #277 on: July 23, 2015, 01:33:19 AM »
I just had a long string of 3v4s. Ugh.

Think I'm gonna pick up the Octobrush, even though everybody seems to be playing it all the time right now. I should try it just to know how to play against it. Does anyone have any particular tips before I try it in a match? Or for any melee weapons for that matter? What's the gameplan usually for a brush, and how does it differ from a roller? Seems to me like people are tending to play Octobrushes more defensively/stealthily since they can basically lock down a choke point and it's tough to get them out of there, but that might just be the specific maps I've seen it on the most.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

« Reply #278 on: July 23, 2015, 02:25:51 AM »
I'm not exactly good at the game so I can't speak for specific game plans, but here's how I figure the brushes stack up:

--Compared to rollers, brushes' "rolling" covers a more narrow area, but is faster.
--Swing speed with a brush is also a lot faster than a roller, but to compensate they do less damage.

--The Inkbrush is faster than the Octobrush, but its rolling is narrower still, to the point where if you turn left while using it you'll step into enemy ink if it's there. It is also weaker.
--The Inkbrush has better ink efficiency than the Octobrush.
--The Octobrush's special is better IMO (Kraken, as compared to the Inkbrush's Inkstrike).
--I personally like the Inkbrush's Sprinkler for coverage/special charging, but the Octobrush's Squid Beakon probably helps them get back to those choke points you mentioned.

They have different uses, it just seems like the Octobrush is better at the ones it has in comparison.

Tamashii Kanjou

• TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #279 on: July 23, 2015, 09:51:47 AM »
The Inkbrush is designed to hammer home the swings, dip in and out because of decent refill times, and harass the turf with sprinklers and inkstrikes. On maps with spots that look down on set areas, swinging as fast as you can doubled with the sprinkler, can really help get that inkstrike up pretty quickly. It can be used offensively if you're a boss at hammering the trigger, but otherwise, just do your own thing and focus on the turf. And for those who say it doesn't work on Moray Towers... sorry, but it's all down to the player because I was fine with it~ :V

The Octobrush, on the other hand, is a tad more offensive. It's a bit slower in terms of swing action, and movement, as Tsukuyomi said. Nothing shines this point through more than the Kraken. Krakening through the attacking team isn't the only thing it's good at. So many times I've just plowed through nothing, got up to the enemy side, placed beakons in a reasonable area, and put the entire enemy team on red alert; watching them scatter trying to stop me, and also the rest of my team who come pushing up to my location. Played right on set stages, it can be a brutal mix; just remember, unlike the Inkbrush with the sprinkler, you have to earn that special on swings alone~

The one weapon you don't want to go against with brushes are blasters. For all the people going 'chargers are rollers worst enemy' keep forgetting the brushes aren't really rollers. I don't place them in the same category because they're supposed to be far quicker than rollers, so darting around makes a charger's life a little harder. Blasters, however, don't care about that; if it explodes and you're anywhere in the radius, it'll either slow you down or flat out wipe you out~

So yeah, my a little thing on the brushes~ XD

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #280 on: July 23, 2015, 12:31:57 PM »
N-zap 89 is the splat zone gun I've been waiting for, now to figure out what I want for tower control

pasu

« Reply #281 on: July 23, 2015, 05:50:14 PM »
Well, Octobrush's flinging's range is noticeably further than a normal Inkbrush, try it out in the practice zone to see what I mean. Essentially, most of the time with an Inkbrush you cant win if you're facing a gun user (aerospray, nzap, splattershot, anything) face-to-face you will lose, but an Octobrush can beat some guns' ranges and also makes for better stealth attacks from the back since you don't have to get as close as an Inkbrusher would have to.

Personally I wouldnt use the brushes's running to ink any turf because it uses more ink than its worth (to just ink turf I mean, using it for its speed is fine but you have to watch your gauge) and also even in narrow pathways where you ink maybe 1/2 or 1/3 of the path your teamates will most likely ink up after you so you're better off using the fling to spread your colour.

That said, does anyone have any tips for chargers? As much as I've lost much hope on me using them I don't want to give them up completely because in ranked it really feels a good charger can make it or break the match. (And whoever brings a charger to ranked means they're pretty confident in their charger skills) or, um, tips to go against them

Tamashii Kanjou

• TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #282 on: July 23, 2015, 09:38:40 PM »
You know what's such a good feeling..

When the Aerospray disconnects, but you carry your team to victory... with the Octobrush!

No seriously; that was an amazing game that just happened on the Skatepark~ XD

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #283 on: July 24, 2015, 01:33:39 AM »
Guuuuuh I hate Moray Towers. It's so team-composition dependent and my most hated game mechanic, the kraken, is stronger there than maybe anywhere else. I don't think it's a well-designed map, at least not for turf wars.

Too scared to try the Octobrush right now because of that map. I don't know how to use it, and I certainly don't know how to use it there. I did see a guy doing a kind of cool tactic with it where if his team was already winning and had pushed far up the opposing tower he would put down a beakon, then stealth next to it and ambush anyone who tried to put it out. Probably worked better against me than a lot of people because I don't have conventional bombs, but it took me by surprise and seemed cool.

« Reply #284 on: July 24, 2015, 01:38:33 AM »
This minute marks the minute I finally become A- rank.

I look forward to losing it in approximately 10 minutes.

pasu

« Reply #285 on: July 24, 2015, 01:51:41 AM »
Guuuuuh I hate Moray Towers. It's so team-composition dependent and my most hated game mechanic, the kraken, is stronger there than maybe anywhere else. I don't think it's a well-designed map, at least not for turf wars.

Too scared to try the Octobrush right now because of that map. I don't know how to use it, and I certainly don't know how to use it there. I did see a guy doing a kind of cool tactic with it where if his team was already winning and had pushed far up the opposing tower he would put down a beakon, then stealth next to it and ambush anyone who tried to put it out. Probably worked better against me than a lot of people because I don't have conventional bombs, but it took me by surprise and seemed cool.

Why do you say the Kraken's op there? I think the map's fine, mostly because of the shortcut you can take from the first level to the second by the side which I see not a lot of people using (I only found out a while ago myself)

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #286 on: July 24, 2015, 01:56:19 AM »
Just spent 21 of my new snails tonight to try and optimize my schoolgirl outfit for ranked. I can play turf war well enough in whatever

pasu

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #288 on: July 24, 2015, 02:27:23 AM »
Why do you say the Kraken's op there? I think the map's fine, mostly because of the shortcut you can take from the first level to the second by the side which I see not a lot of people using (I only found out a while ago myself)

Players tend to get lined up a lot more often because of the narrow pathways, so it gets a ton of double kills and makes pushing towers much easier than it is with anything else. Because the map is so cramped a super that's most easily avoided by maneuvering is a lot harder to work around. Maybe that's just a me problem, but most of the tactics I use on it usually don't work well there.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #289 on: July 24, 2015, 03:15:31 AM »
I'm out of town this weekend so I can't play it right away, but I'll definitely want to try Camp Triggerfish out. Sounds like they're billing that floodgate mechanic as something that can influence games to a greater extent than average. Gotta see how it works for myself.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #290 on: July 24, 2015, 06:46:43 PM »
Fuck Kelp Dome

Picochilla

« Reply #291 on: July 24, 2015, 08:36:13 PM »
Farmed in Ranked Battle from B- until B+ with the Scoped E-Litre :getdown:
What i dont get to understand why i always needs more with with the Burst Bomb than any other (when the opponent has no Def Upgrade).
Also a thing i dont really understand under these Circumstances: It's like the same Problem in Turf war with any other Weapon... i need more hits to splat someone as the opponent with the same Weapon (no def and strength upgrades on both sides). Even when i'm using Def Upgrates, i get faster killed as i can say Inkling.

pasu

« Reply #292 on: July 25, 2015, 02:32:38 AM »
Farmed in Ranked Battle from B- until B+ with the Scoped E-Litre :getdown:
What i dont get to understand why i always needs more with with the Burst Bomb than any other (when the opponent has no Def Upgrade).

Well burst bomb uses up less ink than the other bombs (if that's what you're asking)

also HOLY SHIT GUYS UPCOMING NEW WEAPONS I see a minigun, a dragon arm thing but what I'm really excited for is the bucket

« Reply #293 on: July 25, 2015, 07:16:16 AM »
I think he's referring to the perceptional phenomena that enemies don't get splatted as quickly as it feels like you do via same strength hits.
Burst bombs for example: Normally it only takes two or three hits to die to them, but in some cases you can exhaust your full supply of ink and the enemy will survive.
Obviously this is usually due to missing some hits or lag. It's also perceptually different because when you're hit you only count the strikes that hit you, but when you attack you count every strike you throw.

Camp Triggerfish is very fun. I changed to a Jet Squelcher after a while because it felt like the map rewarded Ranged play, but for somehow the map is too narrow to make absolute full use of outranging the opponent on the other platform in the center. Which I guess is me saying I didn't expect the map to be balanced for ranged. I did still have fun playing with Range, especially on the Skatepark.

also what? The Dragon Arm seems to be a Charger that works like an Inkzooka? And the Bucket looks like it's just going to be a slower Inkbrush with maybe a more narrow but longer attack range.

« Reply #294 on: July 25, 2015, 07:58:29 AM »
The "dragon arm thing" is apparently the Rainmaker, for the ranked mode with the same name.

Picochilla

« Reply #295 on: July 25, 2015, 10:53:40 AM »
I think he's referring to the perceptional phenomena that enemies don't get splatted as quickly as it feels like you do via same strength hits.
Burst bombs for example: Normally it only takes two or three hits to die to them, but in some cases you can exhaust your full supply of ink and the enemy will survive.
Obviously this is usually due to missing some hits or lag. It's also perceptually different because when you're hit you only count the strikes that hit you, but when you attack you count every strike you throw.

That's the thing i meant. More a dumb phenomena is, when the 4 Burst Bombs really hitted the Enemy and they still survive :/ (Yes, even when they stay completly still)

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #296 on: July 25, 2015, 02:38:28 PM »
Minigun pls. Pls pls pls

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #297 on: July 26, 2015, 12:47:59 PM »
I'm taking a break from splatoon for few days and already getting flooded with new stuff. YES.

Minigun pls. Pls pls pls
Yes yes yes yes. YES.

Still stuck in A-. Game is **** hard.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #298 on: July 26, 2015, 02:44:44 PM »
Dominator coming to Splatoon as new weapon lol, something something hue joke

Tamashii Kanjou

• TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #299 on: July 27, 2015, 12:27:32 PM »
Okay everyone, listen up! A pretty sized updated will be springing up for Splatoon on the 6th of August. And here is what it involves!

I've already gone WTF over some of these, because the level jump I was not expecting. All of it is good and awesome, by the way; and better yet, it's all free!

The thing I want to mention is the friends-only mode; where we can get friends together and have some private matches. In other words... I am so going to be organising games with you lot, and maybe games with my TCF friends merged in for delicious chaotic goodness. Who wants in? <3