Author Topic: Hatate Quest Kolme  (Read 64492 times)

Re: Hatate Quest Kolme
« Reply #900 on: February 26, 2015, 03:51:56 PM »
hack the planet

>You have to hotwire the nukes first. As one does.

>"So, what can we do to that?"

>"I don't know. Each 'core', for want of a better word, is different, there's no one solution for dealing with them."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #901 on: February 26, 2015, 04:35:13 PM »
>"Mmm. I was hoping we could use it to take this place apart in a a less bad way than what you said before."

« Reply #902 on: February 26, 2015, 05:16:56 PM »
>"Mmm. I was hoping we could use it to take this place apart in a a less bad way than what you said before."

>"It is possible. But I wouldn't be able to tell you how without knowing more about it. Ideally, knowing who it was before he turned them into this book, we always use that a starting point if we can. But I don't know how to get that information from inside."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #903 on: February 26, 2015, 05:18:01 PM »
>"I guess we couldn't just ask if we could find 'em?"

« Reply #904 on: February 26, 2015, 05:28:53 PM »
>"I guess we couldn't just ask if we could find 'em?"

>"They wouldn't remember right away." Celes says sadly. "They never do. That's why we have to remind them."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #905 on: February 26, 2015, 05:36:24 PM »
>"So they remember nothing at all, huh? Weird. So where do the memories go?"

« Reply #906 on: February 26, 2015, 06:13:01 PM »
>"So they remember nothing at all, huh? Weird. So where do the memories go?"

>"That depends on the person, and how long they've been transformed. Sometimes their memories have been sealed and remain intact, and can resurface once we remind them of they were. Sometimes the memories have faded over the centuries. Sometimes they've simply been destroyed by his power. And sometimes, the poor soul is completely insane, and there's no way to know how much, if anything, they remember of their old lives."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #907 on: February 26, 2015, 06:21:22 PM »
>"And I guess it's not that easy to just take these things apart, otherwise you would've done it."

« Reply #908 on: February 26, 2015, 06:53:50 PM »
>"And I guess it's not that easy to just take these things apart, otherwise you would've done it."

>"Destroying them isn't always hard. Saving the people inside, and the people they used to be, is another matter."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #909 on: February 26, 2015, 07:20:14 PM »
>"That's what I meant. So, I guess the only way we're gonna find out is to go there."

« Reply #910 on: February 26, 2015, 07:27:23 PM »
>"That's what I meant. So, I guess the only way we're gonna find out is to go there."

>"Unaided, we'd just get turned away like Dio did. And likely earn the suspicion if not outright enmity of this world's residents in the process. I would need to speak with Dio to find out what the Keep's defenses were like before I go near there."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #911 on: February 26, 2015, 07:38:38 PM »
>"Mmm. Where was she seen last? I heard she roams."

« Reply #912 on: February 26, 2015, 07:43:08 PM »
>"Mmm. Where was she seen last? I heard she roams."

>"She would have to. The whole world is after her. She would need to find safe haven somewhere virtually uninhabited, or with someone she could trust. Which is why I plan to ask that barber Liluye about her. If there's a soul in this world who might not take her as an automatic threat, I hope it would be her. With a bit of luck, we'll find them both in the same place."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #913 on: February 26, 2015, 08:05:45 PM »
>"Right then."

« Reply #914 on: February 26, 2015, 08:10:13 PM »
>"Right then."

>"But even then, we'll need as much force as we can muster to gain entry into the Keep. I know more than one secret way in, but I cannot believe they wouldn't be guarded. If all we can get to help is Dio, then so be it, but did you still want to try and get through to Ran? You have as good a chance as either Momiji or I, and you'll be able to catch up with her faster than either of us."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #915 on: February 26, 2015, 08:35:15 PM »
>"I might be able to get Ran, and I bet I can get Aya, if she's our Aya. Because she needs a proper shaming."

« Reply #916 on: February 26, 2015, 11:17:04 PM »
>"I might be able to get Ran, and I bet I can get Aya, if she's our Aya. Because she needs a proper shaming."

>"If you're going to go talk to Aya, she said she'd be at Twilight's." Momiji informs you.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #917 on: February 27, 2015, 07:58:04 AM »
>Nod.
>"I might need you to back me up for that one, then."

« Reply #918 on: February 27, 2015, 12:12:12 PM »
>Nod.
>"I might need you to back me up for that one, then."

>Momiji and Celes exchange a look, and the steward gives her a nod. "Just keep in mind what we discussed before."
>"Like I could forget." she says with a smile, then nods at you. "Sure, I can try. Didn't get very far the first time, but maybe two tengu'll have better luck."
>"Just remember." Celes adds. "From Aya's perspective, you'll be trying to convince her to give up everything she's ever wanted. It won't be easy."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #919 on: February 27, 2015, 12:48:02 PM »
>"Right then. I'll need to talk with Momiji alone to arrange some things, if we're going to do that."

>_

« Reply #920 on: February 27, 2015, 01:15:04 PM »
>"Right then. I'll need to talk with Momiji alone to arrange some things, if we're going to do that."

>_

>"Certainly." Celes comes to her feet. "I will be outside with my steed. Assuming Sanae hasn't decided to fiddle with her wardrobe as well." The steward then departs.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #921 on: February 27, 2015, 01:44:00 PM »
>Chuckle, and let Celes go.
>Look around to make sure we're not in any danger of being eavesdropped upon.
>Assuming it's clear. "Okay, I want you to be honest with me. What do you think of this place?"

« Reply #922 on: February 27, 2015, 02:31:58 PM »
>Chuckle, and let Celes go.
>Look around to make sure we're not in any danger of being eavesdropped upon.
>Assuming it's clear. "Okay, I want you to be honest with me. What do you think of this place?"

>You appear to be in the clear, once Celes' footfalls fade away down the hall the way Sanae and Ranka went.
>"You know at first, I was curious about it." Momiji replies, sitting back down. "I mean after we figured out we weren't in our future. I'm an open minded girl, seeing a world like this, so different from ours, made me curious. Now, though?" The white wolf takes her head. "If Celes is right, then tengu society the way it is here is what Aya wants more than anything else in the world. I've known that woman for a very long time, we've been friends almost as long. I had no idea she wanted anything like this. The idea makes me very uncomfortable."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #923 on: February 27, 2015, 03:46:18 PM »
>"I agree completely. These aren't tengu, they're just youkai. Our ancestors would die of shame again if they heard about some of the things that happened here. You did hear about the Dai-tengu, right?"

« Reply #924 on: February 27, 2015, 03:56:53 PM »
>"I agree completely. These aren't tengu, they're just youkai. Our ancestors would die of shame again if they heard about some of the things that happened here. You did hear about the Dai-tengu, right?"

>"You mean the ones send underground so the Oni could keep an eye on them? Yeah, Aya told us about that."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #925 on: February 27, 2015, 04:01:52 PM »
>"Bet she was proud of it, too. What'd you say?"

« Reply #926 on: February 27, 2015, 06:53:43 PM »
>"Bet she was proud of it, too. What'd you say?"

>"She wasn't really proud of that part." Momiji says thoughtfully. "She was proud that she'd had a hand in changing things for the better, in her mind. She was proud of what our people had achieved and become now that they had the freedom to do it, so she said. But she wasn't proud of the fact that some tengu had to be removed from the Mountain, that was one thing she regretted about this revolution. Well, a little. But she was actually the one who made sure that every Dai Tengu down there gets a fair chance to come back. That part made me happy to hear."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #927 on: February 27, 2015, 07:25:27 PM »
>"It's not really a choice though, is it? It's either break the tradition they cared enough to fight for, or be cut off from the mountain forever. Not much different than taking their families hostage til they give in, really. She might as well just executed them, the effect's about the same."

« Reply #928 on: February 27, 2015, 07:52:36 PM »
>"It's not really a choice though, is it? It's either break the tradition they cared enough to fight for, or be cut off from the mountain forever. Not much different than taking their families hostage til they give in, really. She might as well just executed them, the effect's about the same."

>"Aya didn't have much good to say about those traditions. She claimed that all of our traditions only served to stifle us as a species, and to keep the Dai-tengu in power. To make sure that no one ever questioned that power."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #929 on: February 27, 2015, 08:12:51 PM »
>"That's what she says, but it sure doesn't justify what happened. And I think that's going to be our way to get through to her. She's not dealt with actual tengu for awhile, so she's let herself go and thinks all this is okay in the end because no one's told her different. So, we need to remind her of it, make her feel guilty about it. Then, wake her up. She'll want it all to be fake then, because it'll make her feel a bit better if it's all just a dream."