Author Topic: Hatate Quest Kolme  (Read 63802 times)

Re: Hatate Quest Kolme
« Reply #840 on: February 18, 2015, 10:08:03 PM »
>"What about scouting the castle?  Everyone here avoids it, and talks it up as some horrible place."

>"Yes." Celes agrees with a nod. "I had my suspicions about that, but now I'm sure. If there is a way out of this place- and I must stress, there's no guarantee of that. Not many of his traps have escape hatches. But those that do have them placed in a location those trapped within would not want to look. Somewhere horrible, sometimes related to traumas or nightmares. Or in this case, the memory of whatever poor soul he used to make this book. If a way out is anywhere to be found, I am sure it will be there."
>"You think that's why this other Sakuya tried to get in there?" Momiji asks her.
>"Without question. She would know how a trap like this works. She is a vampire hunter in her timeline, and familiar with his works. Incidentally, since 'other Sakuya' could be a bit cumbersome, she goes by the name 'Dio'."
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 08:59:48 AM by Namusour »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #841 on: February 19, 2015, 01:41:23 AM »
>"So, how do you know this is a trap and not just someplace different? I mean, it's still kind of a leap of logic to just say that's how it is, you know? Not that I don't think you're onto something, just I wanna know if there's anything solid to it."
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 03:06:34 AM by Sivrup »

« Reply #842 on: February 19, 2015, 12:44:47 PM »
>"So, how do you know this is a trap and not just someplace different? I mean, it's still kind of a leap of logic to just say that's how it is, you know? Not that I don't think you're onto something, just I wanna know if there's anything solid to it."

>"Not if you've been working with and around these things for centuries. The Keep is littered with objects like this. But if you want something more concrete, as it were, now that my divination ring is working again, it has detected the surrounding presence of power I know to be his. And I read the same power from Sanae and the others we've encountered. Only we three, and Aya as it was working at the time, definitively scan as 'real'."
>"But I have to admit," she adds, adjusting her cap, "there are some things I can't explain yet. For instance, if this world gave Aya and Marisa everything they wanted, and likely did the same for Alice and Ran, why haven't we received the same treatment? None of us has had our dreams inexplicably come true- quite the opposite in your own case, it would appear, Hatate. And that, I am at a loss to explain."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #843 on: February 19, 2015, 01:42:36 PM »
>"Maybe they already set the trap off, and it doesn't work anymore? Or maybe there's too many of us at once, and it can't deal with all three of us? I mean, I can't figure you got anything you've wanted either. Oh, and I can kinda back it up, too. Everyone's wind here feels...not really all that much there. It's off, and that does kind suggest there's something wrong with everyone else"
>Did we get a feel of Ranka's winds? What was she like?
>"And if everyone's setting your ring off, what does Ranka do since you said she's weird?"

« Reply #844 on: February 20, 2015, 01:20:14 PM »
>"Maybe they already set the trap off, and it doesn't work anymore? Or maybe there's too many of us at once, and it can't deal with all three of us? I mean, I can't figure you got anything you've wanted either. Oh, and I can kinda back it up, too. Everyone's wind here feels...not really all that much there. It's off, and that does kind suggest there's something wrong with everyone else"
>Did we get a feel of Ranka's winds? What was she like?
>"And if everyone's setting your ring off, what does Ranka do since you said she's weird?"

>"Momiji said much the same thing to me." Celes says, to which Momiji nods.
>"But her senses are better than mine like that, since she's a Crow Tengu. I wasn't sure about it, but now we can be."

>The last time you checked, she felt very much the same as the other people of this realm.
>"It isn't what my ring says about her, it's what I've observed in her behavior. She has a curiosity about us that isn't reflected in other people."
>"And she seems willing to help us try and find a way home." Momiji adds. "Everyone else we've asked about that's just tried to tell us that this world is a nice place and we should stay a while longer. Even Aya."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #845 on: February 20, 2015, 02:10:12 PM »
>"But not the other me. She wants to come back with us."

« Reply #846 on: February 20, 2015, 03:34:05 PM »
>"But not the other me. She wants to come back with us."

>"She didn't try to sell you on this place at all?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #847 on: February 20, 2015, 04:43:00 PM »
>"Kinda? She tried to tell me it wasn't so bad. But she wasn't really trying to lure me here."
>"I dunno, maybe it's just me, but I don't think she's all that fake?"
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 04:48:40 PM by Sivrup »

« Reply #848 on: February 20, 2015, 07:14:31 PM »
>"Kinda? She tried to tell me it wasn't so bad. But she wasn't really trying to lure me here."
>"I dunno, maybe it's just me, but I don't think she's all that fake?"

>"If I'm right, she isn't entirely fake, per se. Tell me, apart from the apparent disagreement between you and her over the circumstances of your people, did she seem at all similar to you? Apart from physical characteristics, obviously."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #849 on: February 21, 2015, 02:06:51 AM »
>"Yeah, enough so. But that's to be expected, right? Not like anyone we know isn't real hasn't been like themselves either."

« Reply #850 on: February 21, 2015, 07:04:06 PM »
>"Yeah, enough so. But that's to be expected, right? Not like anyone we know isn't real hasn't been like themselves either."

>Celes frowns thoughtfully. "Yes. Perhaps that was a bit of a pointless question. Let me put it another way, and, forgive me if this sounds odd. Did your counterpart act in a way that you feel is consistent with how Aya sees you?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #851 on: February 22, 2015, 02:17:41 AM »
>"...I have no idea."
>Frown.
>"I don't...think so? Then again, it's hard to tell what someone else thinks of you like that, you know?"

« Reply #852 on: February 22, 2015, 04:22:55 AM »
>"...I have no idea."
>Frown.
>"I don't...think so? Then again, it's hard to tell what someone else thinks of you like that, you know?"

>"What exactly are you getting at?" Momiji asks her.
>"I have a theory as to the nature of this world and its inhabitants. Hatate, from what you learned before you came to the Keep, would you agree with my assumption that Marisa and Alice were drawn into this book first?"

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #853 on: February 22, 2015, 04:24:50 AM »
>"Sure, assuming nobody was trapped in the book before Marisa acquired it."
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

« Reply #854 on: February 22, 2015, 04:54:02 AM »
>"Sure, assuming nobody was trapped in the book before Marisa acquired it."

>"True. I believe that when Marisa and Alice were pulled into the book, it generated a world for them to inhabit based on their greatest desires. The Gensokyo that they most wanted to live in. That is why there are so many familiar faces here. Everyone here would have been as Marisa and Alice imagined them to be, or rather, how they wanted them to be. And then later, when Aya and Ran were pulled in here, the book adjusted the world to fit their desires. That I expect is why your counterpart seems real to you, Hatate. She's real to Aya."

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #855 on: February 22, 2015, 05:06:23 AM »
>"But that would imply the book could further alter this world to fit our desires, if it hasn't already."
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

« Reply #856 on: February 22, 2015, 05:22:20 AM »
>"But that would imply the book could further alter this world to fit our desires, if it hasn't already."

>"That's one of the things I can't explain." Celes admits. "Why we three haven't been affected. It may be a gradual process, but that would be rare among his traps. The best explanation I can speculate towards is one you mentioned yourself a few moments ago. The book may have reached its capacity. It might not be able to adjust its world to accommodate more than four minds. Its characters can react to us, convince us to accept this world and abandon ours, but it might not be able to affect our minds directly." She shakes her head. "But I can't say that for sure. I've never encountered one of his traps that had drawn in more than it was empowered to hold."
>"Could the power of the people involved have something to do with it?" Momiji asks her.
>"It is possible. He has trapped beings of enormous power before, and often, but I don't know of any individual item that held four people such as the ones we know to be here. Especially since one of them is Ran Yakumo. Not only is her power extreme, but her connection to Yukari-sama is profound. The book may be stretched to its limits to keep her trapped, and have no more energy to use on us."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #857 on: February 22, 2015, 06:06:33 AM »
>"I guess the real question is, what do we do about it? Think we might be able to get Ran to snap out of it?"

« Reply #858 on: February 22, 2015, 06:17:52 AM »
>"I guess the real question is, what do we do about it? Think we might be able to get Ran to snap out of it?"

>"That would be risky. With her power on our side, our chances of finding our own way out would improve significantly. But on the other hand, if we break her free of the book's influence, that influence might be turned on us. We would risk suffering the same effects that Marisa and the others are under."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #859 on: February 22, 2015, 06:28:53 AM »
>"Yeah, but we know it's coming, so it won't work, right?"

« Reply #860 on: February 22, 2015, 08:54:39 PM »
>"Yeah, but we know it's coming, so it won't work, right?"

>Celes smiles ruefully. "If you know you're about to be hit by a runaway train, does that automatically mean you won't get hurt by it?"
>"You're right in that, since we'd be aware of the influence, we could potentially be able to resist it. But this book had the power to entrap and entrance Ran Yakumo, in addition to three other beings of great power and will. Are you willing to bet that your will is stronger than theirs?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #861 on: February 23, 2015, 03:29:12 AM »
>"Maybe. But I sure know it's coming a lot more than she did, I'll bet."

« Reply #862 on: February 23, 2015, 09:00:27 AM »
>"Maybe. But I sure know it's coming a lot more than she did, I'll bet."

>"You're probably right there."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #863 on: February 23, 2015, 12:37:43 PM »
>"So. Either we talk down someone, or we go look into your old castle. Unless you got any other ideas?"

« Reply #864 on: February 24, 2015, 07:02:51 AM »
>"So. Either we talk down someone, or we go look into your old castle. Unless you got any other ideas?"

>"I do, as a matter of fact. Do you recall that barber in the human village Reimu and Marisa mentioned?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #865 on: February 24, 2015, 07:34:33 AM »
>"Sorta."
>Not really.

« Reply #866 on: February 24, 2015, 08:04:06 AM »
>"Sorta."
>Not really.

>"Both Reimu and Marisa mentioned a barber named Liluye in the village. Marisa told us that Liluye had said that Marisa was not of this world, in addition to other forms of strange behavoir. She may be like Ranka, somehow different from all the other constructs of this world. Or, she's like us. Someone from Gensokyo that was trapped in the book, yet somehow resisted its influence, at least enough to recognize Marisa as being different. I would like to speak with her before attempting to investigate the Keep itself."
>"But if that does come, then we will need help getting in there. Ran would be invaluable for that purpose. Therefore this is what I propose. You move the fastest of us three, Hatate. Try to find Ran. If you can, and if you think you can bring her back to her senses without risking a confrontation, then do so. I regret that I can't really offer much in the way of advise on how to acheive this, since I have no idea what her desires would be, what this world could offer her that she didn't already have."
>"And while you're doing that, Momiji and I will visit this barber to learn what we can from her. And hopefully, while we're there, learn Dio's whereabouts. Her help is something we can count on, that is one thing I am certain of."
>With a sarsonic smile, she adds, "I propose this since I find it hard to believe you would like my other proposal."
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 08:19:21 AM by Namusour »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #867 on: February 24, 2015, 10:22:37 AM »
>"If you're gonna say things like that, then you might as well just say it."

« Reply #868 on: February 24, 2015, 10:40:36 AM »
>"If you're gonna say things like that, then you might as well just say it."

>"The alternative is do nothing, and wait for Patchouli and Setsuka to find a way to save us."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #869 on: February 24, 2015, 02:16:35 PM »
>"Oh yeah, that's probably not a good idea."