Author Topic: Hatate Quest Kolme  (Read 63773 times)

Re: Hatate Quest Kolme
« Reply #810 on: February 06, 2015, 10:04:29 AM »
>"Same thing in the end, though. Just something we'd have to get used to. So, did Aya have anything useful to say?"

>"All information is useful." Celes counters.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #811 on: February 06, 2015, 08:59:04 PM »
>Groan.
>"You know what I mean, geez!"

« Reply #812 on: February 07, 2015, 08:55:34 AM »
>Groan.
>"You know what I mean, geez!"

>"I was being serious." the purple-haired steward says. "Everything Aya said was important, not only in helping me gain more information about where we are and how we got here, but in providing necessary information for us if we must stay here for a protracted period of time."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #813 on: February 07, 2015, 09:03:43 AM »
>"Well, give me the good parts version, then."

« Reply #814 on: February 07, 2015, 09:50:58 AM »
>"Well, give me the good parts version, then."

>"She provided further confirmation regarding the essential abandonment of the caste-based structure that your people had been using for centuries in favor of a more... I hesitate to use the word 'communistic' but it serves better than 'capitalistic'. She also described an incident she called the Grand Harmony which, among other things, was the start of this shift in social pattern. Did you receive this information from your counterpart?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #815 on: February 07, 2015, 09:51:34 AM »
>"Yeah. I imagine it doesn't mean much to you, but it's kind of a big deal."

« Reply #816 on: February 07, 2015, 10:47:38 AM »
>"Yeah. I imagine it doesn't mean much to you, but it's kind of a big deal."

>"No doubt. I have lived through times of societal upheaval in the outside world. It is good that the same level of violence was not visited upon your people." says with some sympathy. "I understand the outcome may be disconcerting to you, but believe me, Hatate, things could have been far, far worse."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #817 on: February 07, 2015, 11:37:58 AM »
>"I suppose if I were a more of a pessimist, I could believe that."

« Reply #818 on: February 08, 2015, 04:22:45 AM »
>"I suppose if I were a more of a pessimist, I could believe that."

>"How do you mean?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #819 on: February 08, 2015, 05:01:34 AM »
>"This doesn't happen with tengu, you see? We don't do this kind of thing, rebellions and mass exiles and stuff. You talk about how it could be worse, but its pretty much already beyond worse."

« Reply #820 on: February 08, 2015, 08:02:36 AM »
>"This doesn't happen with tengu, you see? We don't do this kind of thing, rebellions and mass exiles and stuff. You talk about how it could be worse, but its pretty much already beyond worse."

>"On the other hand, you could have arrived in this world and found your home a smoldering ruin. From what Aya and the other tengu have said, this has probably been the least violent short-term shift in a society that I am aware of, and I have lived for centuries. And if I may speak pragmatically." she adds in a more somber tone. "Since it is very likely we will be here for some time, it's probably best that you make peace with this change. I don't believe there is any quick or easy way back to where we came from."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #821 on: February 08, 2015, 08:06:03 AM »
>"We could have come here and found everything we know and loved dead, and no evidence anything was wrong with us being here. But we didn't. So what's the point of what-ifs like that? Don't worry, though. I'll deal with it as much as I can. So, the question I have is, do you think we can knock some sense into Aya and get her to remember who she is?"

« Reply #822 on: February 08, 2015, 08:58:56 AM »
>"We could have come here and found everything we know and loved dead, and no evidence anything was wrong with us being here. But we didn't. So what's the point of what-ifs like that? Don't worry, though. I'll deal with it as much as I can. So, the question I have is, do you think we can knock some sense into Aya and get her to remember who she is?"

>Celes and Momiji exchange a look, and both women shake their heads. "I think Aya is very happy here." Celes replies. "I think that she has no reason to ever want to leave."
>"I have to agree." Momiji adds. "I've known Aya for a very, very long time, and I don't think I've ever heard her sound more content. She really does seem to think she has everything she ever wanted."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #823 on: February 08, 2015, 09:22:00 AM »
>"Sounds like we'd have to make her uncomfortable, then."

« Reply #824 on: February 08, 2015, 09:44:11 AM »
>"Sounds like we'd have to make her uncomfortable, then."

>"Why would you want to do that?" Sanae demands. "If someone's happy, what's the point in bringing them down?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #825 on: February 08, 2015, 10:35:58 AM »
>"Because being happy in a lie just blows up in your face sooner or later. Or because knowing the truth makes you happier in the end."

« Reply #826 on: February 08, 2015, 11:29:29 AM »
>"Because being happy in a lie just blows up in your face sooner or later. Or because knowing the truth makes you happier in the end."

>"A lie?" Sanae asks, rather dangerously. Celes gives you a sharp shake of her head.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #827 on: February 08, 2015, 09:57:32 PM »
>"It's complicated."

« Reply #828 on: February 09, 2015, 11:01:39 AM »
>"It's complicated."

>Sanae looks at you hard for a moment, and you notice that the winged youkai has half turned in her seat and also seems to be giving you the eye. The woman has a rosy red spiral horn growing from her forehead, the kind you'd see on a unicorn. But both them seem relax a little when Ranka says, "She's just not used to this world yet." to the other two women.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #829 on: February 09, 2015, 11:18:09 AM »
>"Sorta. Like I said, it's complicated."

« Reply #830 on: February 11, 2015, 12:36:49 AM »
>"Sorta. Like I said, it's complicated."

>"Though perhaps I can help allay some of that complication." Celes says diplomatically. "If you wouldn't mind, Sanae, Ranka, I'd like to have a moment alone with my tengu comrades. There are still matters we must discuss."
>"'Discuss'?" Ranka asks with a familiar grin. Now she looks like the Ranka you know and lust. Love. Like?
>"Yes, Ranka, discuss." Celes replies while Momiji chuckles. "If you please."
>"Sure, sure. Come on Sanae." Ranka levels her eyes at the shrine maiden as she stands.

>The two women take the winged horned youkai with them, leaving you alone with with your fellow travellers. "I didn't want to say this in front of them, Hatate, but between what we observed with Aya and Marisa, and what my ring has detected, I am now almost completely certain where we are, and why this world is the way it is. Though there are some mysteries I can't explain yet."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #831 on: February 11, 2015, 02:40:27 AM »
>"Go on?"

« Reply #832 on: February 11, 2015, 06:41:27 AM »
>"Go on?"

>"I fear that my first suspicion was correct." Celes says darkly. "We have all been caught in a trap left behind by the Ebon Regal, and-"
>A tremor runs through the shrine's floor as Celes mentions at the name, and the wind howls a furious, black sound. It is as though the world itself tremors and screams at the sound.
>"Okay, that I was not expecting." the Keep's steward remarks. "But it serves to further confirm my theory."
>She is interrupted again before she can explain further, this time by Ranka, sprinting back into the room, her eyes panicked. "You can't say that name. None of you!"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #833 on: February 11, 2015, 06:47:59 AM »
>"Why not?"

« Reply #834 on: February 11, 2015, 07:24:49 AM »
>"Why not?"

>That makes Ranka pause. "I... I'm not sure."
>"I think I understand, Ranka." Celes tells her.
>"No, it's different for you, I... She's afraid of that name."
>"She?" Momiji asks.
>"I don't know. I can't explain, it doesn't make sense to me. But you CAN'T say that name."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #835 on: February 11, 2015, 07:53:58 AM »
>"I won't say it, but you gotta tell me what's going on."

« Reply #836 on: February 11, 2015, 09:45:16 AM »
>"I won't say it, but you gotta tell me what's going on."

>The wind spirit looks at you with a pained expression. "I can't, I don't know."
>"It's all right, Ranka." Celes says, trying to calm her. "None of us will say it. It was a mistake for me to do it in the first place. After all these years, I should have known better." The blonde spirit seems to realx a little, though she still seems perplexed. "Now please, Ranka, our conversation is not finished." She pauses briefly, then says "You can tell Sanae and the others that I won't say it again. I suspect they will be wondering."
>"Yeah." Ranka says with a grateful nod. "Okay, I can do that, that makes sense." The wind spirit leaves again, her excessively lengthy hair taking a few seconds to follow her.
>"Now that," Celes starts, pointing after Ranka. "Is one of the mysteries I can't explain. Ranka's not like all the others here, but I am at a loss to explain why. But the other people are all constructs of that Book. We are all of us caught up in a trap that the previous owner of the Keep created. And they will have been programmed with the task of getting us to accept staying here, being happy here."

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #837 on: February 17, 2015, 03:48:21 PM »
>"A trap. Then it's not a parallel world."
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

« Reply #838 on: February 17, 2015, 04:07:52 PM »
>"A trap. Then it's not a parallel world."

>"I'm afraid not." Celes replies sadly. "And that is why we must be careful of what we say around this worlds' residents. If this construct is like others I am familiar with, they will be programmed to neutralize what they perceive as threats to the integrity of this world."
>"Do you think that's why everyone seems to have the same attitude towards this 'psycho Sakuya' we've heard about?" Momiji asks her.
>The steward nods. "I suspect that, for whatever reason, she is immune to the psychological manipulations of this world. This may be because she isn't from OUR world, but I can't be certain. But I do believe we should try to find her. She's been here longer than us and has managed to survive both the passive and the active powers of this construct. She may be able to help us find our own way out, if that's even possible."

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #839 on: February 18, 2015, 05:39:40 PM »
>"What about scouting the castle?  Everyone here avoids it, and talks it up as some horrible place."
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.