Author Topic: Hatate Quest Kolme  (Read 64446 times)

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
Re: Hatate Quest Kolme
« Reply #750 on: January 06, 2015, 06:50:03 AM »
French Toast could easily be something our Hatate hasn't heard of but the other Hatate has.
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #751 on: January 06, 2015, 07:15:33 AM »
Shhhhh

>"I'll make your face!"
>Laugh.
>"Seriously, though?"
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 08:45:20 AM by Sivrup »

« Reply #752 on: January 12, 2015, 02:55:58 AM »
Shhhhh

>"I'll make your face!"
>Laugh.
>"Seriously, though?"

>Your counterpart joins you in your laugh. Afterwards though, she puts on her serious smile. "Yes, love, I most certainly did. That was one of those really genuine once-in-a-lifetime experiences, for the both of us."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #753 on: January 12, 2015, 05:32:46 AM »
>"Yeah. But, I suppose we need to get a move on."

« Reply #754 on: January 12, 2015, 07:37:18 AM »
>"Yeah. But, I suppose we need to get a move on."

>"On to the next conquest so soon?" she asks, her smile arching into a grin.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #755 on: January 12, 2015, 07:38:49 AM »
>"Can't keep the others waiting."

« Reply #756 on: January 14, 2015, 02:57:42 AM »
>"Can't keep the others waiting."

>"A few minutes might not hurt, though." she says lightly, running her fingers across your head. "Tidy up a bit, ne?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #757 on: January 14, 2015, 07:19:05 AM »
>"Well, yeah. That was implied."
>Tidy up a bit.

« Reply #758 on: January 15, 2015, 09:32:21 AM »
>"Well, yeah. That was implied."
>Tidy up a bit.

>Hatatwin nods and leaves you to your tasks, starting with a quick shower. You hadn't realized until you stood up quite how much you had sweat. After you finish that up, you return to the main room to find that your partner has gathered up your clothing and inventory from wherever it had landed earlier and laid them out for you. Judging them to still be in good shape, you redress yourself and run a comb through your hair. It'll finish drying in the wind once you get back to business.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #759 on: January 15, 2015, 09:49:46 AM »
>Once our doppelganger is ready, let's move out to where we said we were going to meet up with the others.

« Reply #760 on: January 23, 2015, 03:11:28 AM »
>Once our doppelganger is ready, let's move out to where we said we were going to meet up with the others.

>Your counterpart appears to have tidied herself up while you were sleeping it off, so you find yourself ready to depart for the Moriya temple in short order.
>Your passage out of Tengu territory is mostly uneventful, interrupted only once by a Dai-tengu who flies up from the ground, speaks with your counterpart about some processing and production matters pertaining to her paper, then departs again. Evidently the taller Tengu works for Hatatwin in her paper, which takes you a little aback. Even knowing all that you know about this world, seeing a Dai-tengu employed by a Crow Tengu is very jarring. Once again, your doppelganger assures you that you'll get used to it in time. You simply hope you won't have to be around long enough to have to be.
>The landscape beyond the Tengu borders appears largely unchanged from your world, and you and Hatatwin spend the trip engaged in a little good-natured fencing as to which one of you had run the best story in your time. This proves to be a little one-sided, as you and she have by and large the same resume, having shared experiences up until the Night of Rage. So your jousting quickly becomes reminiscing about some of the better stories you've run. By mutual unspoken agreement, neither one of you mention the fact that Aya had beaten you to the punch on every one of those.

>She does make a bit of a detour though instead of heading directly to the Moriya temple, citing something about a turf dispute between Kanako and one of the local gods, some kind of territorial thunder goddess with a bad attitude. Incidents are not common, but since you have somewhere to be, both of you decide not to risk a potentially lengthy delay, especially if there's no story to be gained by it.
>Your new course takes you close to that human village called Windia near the temple you've heard talk of today. It doesn't appear to be as large as the human village down below, but it seems to be large enough to support a couple hundred humans at least. There's only two roads leading two and from town, such as they are, a feet-beaten path leading up from the lower parts of the mountain, and another one heading towards the temple itself. Right now, only one of them is occupied, by a somewhat short feline youkai beating a hasty retreat from town, carrying a thick sack slung on her shoulders and a couple of pieces of jewelry in her teeth. A quartet of humans is trying to give chase to the cat, accompanied by a woman clad in pink and white clothing flying overhead.

>"Ah, bollocks." Hatatwin sighs as she observes this. "You'd best go on to the temple ahead of me, sis. I gotta deal with this."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #761 on: January 23, 2015, 12:54:25 PM »
>"What's going on?"

« Reply #762 on: January 25, 2015, 07:56:44 AM »
>"What's going on?"

>"That turf war I mentioned hits the town every now and then." She points to the youkai leading the parade out of town. "That thief raids Windia every now and then, tries to make Sanae and Kanako look bad for not being there to stop her. And since I'm on their side... You go on, I'll catch up."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #763 on: January 25, 2015, 11:53:58 AM »
>"Okay, I'll leave it up to you. Make us look good!"
>Continue on toward our goal.

« Reply #764 on: January 27, 2015, 05:04:29 AM »
>"Okay, I'll leave it up to you. Make us look good!"
>Continue on toward our goal.

>"Always do." Hatatwin says confidently, pulling out her cameraphone and breaking off, heading down towards the ground, leaving you to proceed on alone.

>The Moriya Temple appears to be largely the same as in your world, though it does have a few additions in this place. The beaten trail leading from Windia village is bordered by tall metal poles at regular intervals, each pole connected by a thick cable. These cables lead to a boxy structure some distance to the west of the main temple. There's another new building as well next to temple, smaller than the temple itself.
>One of the patron Goddesses of the temple, Kanako Yasaka, stands on the shrine's veranda, speaking with a somewhat familiar figure, a very animated one. It takes you a moment to recall, but the way she jabs her finger at Kanako connects your memory. It's that producer you met earlier today, Dahlia D. de la Vega.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #765 on: January 27, 2015, 01:41:40 PM »
>"Huh."
>Look around fromt eh air for a bit, and see if we can find Celes or our Momiji.

« Reply #766 on: January 28, 2015, 08:28:24 AM »
>"Huh."
>Look around fromt eh air for a bit, and see if we can find Celes or our Momiji.

>A bit of searching reveals no obvious sign of either of your two partners in adventure. Either you've arrived here ahead of them, or they're inside one of the buildings.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #767 on: January 28, 2015, 06:27:01 PM »
>Let's land and have a look around for either them or someone who it looks like we could ask.

« Reply #768 on: January 29, 2015, 06:23:10 AM »
>Let's land and have a look around for either them or someone who it looks like we could ask.

>Leaving the Moriya goddess to her guest, you set your feet on the ground and look about for someone to grill.
>It doesn't take you long to track down Suwako. The frog goddess is relaxing on an overgrown lily pad out on the lake behind the shrine, seemingly doing little more than watching the clouds roll by.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #769 on: January 29, 2015, 03:09:08 PM »
>Are we on speaking terms with Suwako back home?

« Reply #770 on: January 29, 2015, 08:26:34 PM »
>Are we on speaking terms with Suwako back home?

>You are. You find the frog Goddess is the type who's always good for a laugh.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #771 on: January 29, 2015, 10:17:30 PM »
>"Hey!"
>Approach Suwako. "Hey, I need to ask you something real quick. Is Momiji around here? Or I supopse for you, it'd be someone who looks like her?"

« Reply #772 on: January 30, 2015, 08:03:15 AM »
>"Hey!"
>Approach Suwako. "Hey, I need to ask you something real quick. Is Momiji around here? Or I supopse for you, it'd be someone who looks like her?"

>Idly waving her hand in the direction of the temple, Suwako laconically drawls, "Inside with Sanae and the horse and the blood doll."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #773 on: January 30, 2015, 03:04:18 PM »
>"Thanks! Oh, and, um, you heard about the two of us, right? About the doubles thing?"

« Reply #774 on: January 31, 2015, 02:17:00 AM »
>"Thanks! Oh, and, um, you heard about the two of us, right? About the doubles thing?"

>"Eh, it's all good." Suwako says with a yawn. "Just follow the same rule as the other one, and we'll be all right."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #775 on: January 31, 2015, 02:26:43 AM »
>Do we know about this rule? If not, inquire.

« Reply #776 on: January 31, 2015, 02:53:01 AM »
>Do we know about this rule? If not, inquire.

>Not specifically, so you ask.
>"You can sneak pics of Sanae, but me or Kanako screen 'em after."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #777 on: January 31, 2015, 03:23:57 AM »
>"Got it."
>There's no way we actually do that.
>Head inside.

« Reply #778 on: January 31, 2015, 06:18:05 AM »
>"Got it."
>There's no way we actually do that.
>Head inside.

>Of course not. Though Sanae is a handsome lady...
>But that aside, you enter into the temple through the back entrance, giving Dahlia a wide berth.
>You find your companions in what Sanae calls the temples 'rec room', where she keeps her TV and game consoles. Neither are in use at the moment, as the occupants all have other things occupying their hands. Sitting around the table located in the northeast section of the room are Celes and Momiji, as well as, to your surprise, Ranka. Celes has her saber unsheathed and seems to be pantomiming some kind of sword technique to Momiji. Sanae is standing in front of a mirror, taking a comb and brush to the hair of a pink winged youkai whom you don't immediately recognize.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #779 on: January 31, 2015, 04:46:02 PM »
>"Sorry if I kept you waiting, guys. Something came up."