Author Topic: Hatate Quest Kolme  (Read 64392 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Hatate Quest Kolme
« Reply #630 on: November 11, 2014, 04:19:31 AM »
>"It's sad that you've let yourself be turned against your own people like that, you know?"

« Reply #631 on: November 11, 2014, 04:28:21 AM »
>"It's sad that you've let yourself be turned against your own people like that, you know?"

>"It's sad that you're still a prisoner of yours." she counters.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #632 on: November 11, 2014, 04:52:18 AM »
>"Decency isn't a prison, it's the difference between being alive and living."

« Reply #633 on: November 14, 2014, 07:01:36 AM »
>"Decency isn't a prison, it's the difference between being alive and living."

>"Decency also isn't what the Dai-tengu did to the rest of us for generations."
>"But you, Sis, have a chance that we didn't. You get to hear about it after the fact, as someone who missed the revolution. I mean sure, you'll never be able to write about it back in your world, but at least you'll know." She pauses, then scowls. "Wait, that's actually worse, now that I think about it. Forget I said that."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #634 on: November 14, 2014, 07:20:48 AM »
>"No, you were right the first time. I agree, there are some good things. Just, a lot of bad ones, too. So the trick is to get the good without the bad."

« Reply #635 on: November 16, 2014, 02:00:53 AM »
>"No, you were right the first time. I agree, there are some good things. Just, a lot of bad ones, too. So the trick is to get the good without the bad."

>"Sister, if you can figure out a way to change your society without pissing off the Dai's enough to take arms, then you're a much smarter girl than I am."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #636 on: November 16, 2014, 02:14:10 AM »
>"More like better warned. And I don't mind pissing off any Dais who have fallen from what their position demands of 'em, as long as we get a better ending. And I do mean we, I'm dragging you back with me whether you like or not now!"

« Reply #637 on: November 16, 2014, 06:26:43 AM »
>"More like better warned. And I don't mind pissing off any Dais who have fallen from what their position demands of 'em, as long as we get a better ending. And I do mean we, I'm dragging you back with me whether you like or not now!"

>She answers your bravado with a grin. "Like I'd miss the chance to see another world?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #638 on: November 16, 2014, 07:09:23 AM »
>"That's the spirit. Now, what other weird things do you have to tell me about? And...is there any more of that mead around?"

« Reply #639 on: November 18, 2014, 06:22:22 AM »
>"That's the spirit. Now, what other weird things do you have to tell me about? And...is there any more of that mead around?"

>Your counterpart grins. "I'll see what I can do." She stands and heads towards the door, but tosses back over her shoulder, "Isn't it your turn now?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #640 on: November 18, 2014, 06:37:45 AM »
>"Maybe, I've lost track. But stuff about here is more useful, anyways. Though, I can field any questions you have."

>_

« Reply #641 on: November 18, 2014, 06:54:36 AM »
>"Maybe, I've lost track. But stuff about here is more useful, anyways. Though, I can field any questions you have."

>_

>"Useful to you, maybe, but how often do I get to meet someone from another world?" she asks with a grin before sticking her head out the door. She has a brief, shouted conversation with someone down the hall, then asks of you, "But now that you ask, did Momiji back where you come from make Shogun yet?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #642 on: November 18, 2014, 07:11:22 AM »
>"No, not yet. But, well, she does have Lord Tenma's ear."
>Shogun is a wolf tengu position, right?

« Reply #643 on: November 18, 2014, 07:59:45 AM »
>"No, not yet. But, well, she does have Lord Tenma's ear."
>Shogun is a wolf tengu position, right?

>"Now that doesn't surprise me." she says as she reclaims her seat. "Momi was always a good egg, in any timeline I reckon."

>Correct. It is the highest rank among the White Wolf military, which in essence makes it the highest rank among the entire caste.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #644 on: November 18, 2014, 09:57:15 AM »
>"Wouldn't surprise me if she got it after the current one steps down, though."

« Reply #645 on: November 24, 2014, 06:02:57 AM »
>"Wouldn't surprise me if she got it after the current one steps down, though."

>"Bet ya she won't want to be called it, though, if she does." she answers with a smirk. "I know ours doesn't."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #646 on: November 24, 2014, 06:08:52 AM »
>"Wouldn't surprise me at all, that."

« Reply #647 on: November 24, 2014, 06:43:00 AM »
>"Wouldn't surprise me at all, that."

>"Just try calling her 'Counsellor.' The look on her face is awesome. Oh, I almost forgot to ask, where were you planning on crashing while you're here?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #648 on: November 24, 2014, 07:08:30 AM »
>"I was kinda hoping you wouldn't mind if I stayed with you, honestly. Not like I wouldn't return the favor once we get to my Gensokyo."

« Reply #649 on: November 24, 2014, 07:40:55 AM »
>"I was kinda hoping you wouldn't mind if I stayed with you, honestly. Not like I wouldn't return the favor once we get to my Gensokyo."

>"I don't have any problem with that, but, I wasn't sure YOU wanted to. I mean, you haven't been all that happy since you arrived, I'm thinking. Figured you didn't really want to stick around these parts longer than you had to."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #650 on: November 24, 2014, 08:21:04 AM »
>"Heh, the mountain's our soul. I'd not rather be anyplace else."

« Reply #651 on: November 24, 2014, 08:41:17 AM »
>"Heh, the mountain's our soul. I'd not rather be anyplace else."

>"I never said anything about the Mountain, Sis, just our part of it. Matter of fact, I was thinking about maybe Windia farther up the way, or maybe Sanae's pad. Her door's always open for me. Unless Reimu's there, then we knock."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #652 on: November 24, 2014, 09:06:03 AM »
>"That'd be imposing on them. Rather impose on myself, you know?"
>Have we heard of a Windia before? If not, inquire about it.

« Reply #653 on: November 25, 2014, 04:46:13 AM »
>"That'd be imposing on them. Rather impose on myself, you know?"
>Have we heard of a Windia before? If not, inquire about it.

>She laughs but does not protest.

>You have not, so you inquire.
>"That's what they call the new village up the mountian, next door to the Moriya Shrine." She chuckles shortly before adding, "Not the most original name I've ever heard, but the guy who founded the town wasn't exactly a poet."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #654 on: November 25, 2014, 04:49:57 AM »
>"What's its deal?"

« Reply #655 on: November 25, 2014, 05:17:08 AM »
>"What's its deal?"

>"In a sentance, Kanako seduced a bunch of humans up the mountain."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #656 on: November 25, 2014, 05:20:08 AM »
>Is the shrine, and presumable Windia, on land that tengu have traditionally regarded as theirs?
>"I guess that's not a big surprise that happened"
>Did we get a refill? Start on that if we have.

« Reply #657 on: November 28, 2014, 06:22:21 AM »
>Is the shrine, and presumable Windia, on land that tengu have traditionally regarded as theirs?

>The answer to that question largely depends on the Tengu you ask. Some Tengu believe every square inch of the Mountain is Tengu land, while others see no further than the borders defined by the Dai-tengu and guarded by the White Wolves.

>"I guess that's not a big surprise that happened"
>Did we get a refill? Start on that if we have.

>The drinks have not yet arrived. Though as you wonder after them, the door to the room opens from the outside and the Long-nose maid Wanda returns, bearing a tray laden with a bottle, this one a bit taller than the last one, and two glasses. The bottle bears the mark of the Katsura house, a Dai-tengu clan of some note but not one you know as a beer-maker. Your counterpart, noting this as well, gives Wanda the eye. "Where'd you find that?"
>"You remember a few weeks back Yuzo started working here?"
>"Ahhhhhh, riiiiiight." Hatatwin grins. "One thing that's still the same in this world and yours, we still try to butter up the upper ranks."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #658 on: November 28, 2014, 06:49:55 AM »
>Would they fall within the latter definition of tengu holdings?
>"Well, that's just common sense. Tell me a bit more about this Windia place while you prepare that?"

« Reply #659 on: November 28, 2014, 07:38:34 AM »
>Would they fall within the latter definition of tengu holdings?
>"Well, that's just common sense. Tell me a bit more about this Windia place while you prepare that?"

>You don't think so. There's a respectable distance between the Tengu's borders and the areas surrounding the Moriya shrine. Plenty of room to accommodate a human village, provided too many human didn't decide to migrate up here.

>"It's an art for a few folks." Hatatwin remarks as she opens the bottle. This concoction has a stronger scent than the last one, and you determinately smell vanilla and mint mixed in with the honey brew. "They haven't built it yet back in your home? Windia I mean."