Author Topic: Hatate Quest Kolme  (Read 63763 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Hatate Quest Kolme
« Reply #540 on: October 03, 2014, 01:29:16 AM »
>"Might've been the other one, lot like we're horse people. But it was a nasty one."

« Reply #541 on: October 03, 2014, 02:01:10 AM »
>"Might've been the other one, lot like we're horse people. But it was a nasty one."

>"I thought you had to be a Hakurei to handle one of those." your counterpart says as she waves her hand vaguely, making the image of the fel horse vanish from the wall. "That's what happened to the one I mentioned; caused some havoc before the Hakurei of the era got the better of it."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #542 on: October 03, 2014, 02:17:12 AM »
>Can we do that projection thing?
>I dunno where she got hers, but she rode it well enough."

« Reply #543 on: October 03, 2014, 04:14:40 AM »
>Can we do that projection thing?
>I dunno where she got hers, but she rode it well enough."

>You've never tried.
>Your counterpart whistles, impressed. "That's pretty tough for a Magician."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #544 on: October 03, 2014, 04:19:49 AM »
>"How'd you do that projection thing?"

« Reply #545 on: October 03, 2014, 04:23:07 AM »
>"How'd you do that projection thing?"

>"Same way you can, of course, silly." Hatatwin says as she divides the last of the mead between your glass and hers.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #546 on: October 03, 2014, 04:24:52 AM »
>Sip.
>"How's that?"

« Reply #547 on: October 03, 2014, 04:37:18 AM »
>Sip.
>"How's that?"

>"Oh. Right, you're a me minus a few years. You probably haven't developed your power as much as I have, haven't you?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #548 on: October 03, 2014, 04:44:01 AM »
>"Doesn't sound like it."

« Reply #549 on: October 03, 2014, 06:39:56 AM »
>"Doesn't sound like it."

>"Well, that won't do." your twin says with a smile. "What we have here, sister, is a golden opportunity for you to develop a new trick or six."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #550 on: October 03, 2014, 06:51:12 AM »
>"You may not be surprised to learn I agree with myself! What other tricks do you have up our sleeve?"

« Reply #551 on: October 04, 2014, 01:47:59 AM »
>"You may not be surprised to learn I agree with myself! What other tricks do you have up our sleeve?"

>"Well, let's start with that projection trick, like you called. I can make those images permanent, if I think it hard enough. Not here, though." she adds with a grin. "That'd annoy Momicchi. But basically, it's really the same thing you do making pictures of things from home, except you don't put the image into the camera, but something else. A wall, a rock, a fat man's back if you're clever enough. And we are."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #552 on: October 04, 2014, 02:12:46 AM »
>"Okay, but how do I keep it from being permanent; don't wanna muss up her walls."

« Reply #553 on: October 04, 2014, 02:29:09 AM »
>"Okay, but how do I keep it from being permanent; don't wanna muss up her walls."

>"It IS a bit tricky, the first time you try it." she admits. "See, you have think hard enough to project the image out of your mind, but not SO hard as to burn it onto the surface in question. Made that mistake with the side of an oni's house once."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #554 on: October 04, 2014, 03:13:22 AM »
>"That sounds like an expensive mistake. Okay, lemme try it."
> Let's see if we can project an image of what we're seeing right now on the wall, take it careful, don't go all in on focusing; right now too little is better than too much until we have a handle on it.

« Reply #555 on: October 04, 2014, 08:00:52 AM »
>"That sounds like an expensive mistake. Okay, lemme try it."
> Let's see if we can project an image of what we're seeing right now on the wall, take it careful, don't go all in on focusing; right now too little is better than too much until we have a handle on it.

>Since this is your real experiment with this sort of power, you decide to focus on a single, simple image from the filled portions of the room to project onto an empty bit. The picture of Aya there will do nicely. And with that image firmly in mind, you set about the second part of the task, the projecting bit. In theory, it shouldn't be to different from calling up an image on your phone, but you try not to put too much energy into this one, since, like you said to your twin, you wouldn't want to emblazon Aya's image on Momiji's walls.
>It takes a few seconds longer than when you try this trick with your camera, but eventually, the image in your mind is indeed duplicated on the opposite wall, fading rather slowly into view. Well, perhaps 'sputtering' into view would be a better word for it, but it IS working. Although it isn't a perfect reflection of what you have in mind, more faded and lacking in detail and contrast, but that's fine. You imagine that's just the result of you not trying to force it.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #556 on: October 04, 2014, 08:50:33 AM »
>"Huh... That's not gonna leave a stain, is it?"

« Reply #557 on: October 04, 2014, 09:02:05 AM »
>"Huh... That's not gonna leave a stain, is it?"

>"Not if you get the second part right." your twin answers. "Now try making it go away."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #558 on: October 04, 2014, 09:09:13 AM »
>Try to do this thing! Possibly using whatever delete techniques we already know, if that is not purely a camera function.

« Reply #559 on: October 05, 2014, 05:17:42 AM »
>Try to do this thing! Possibly using whatever delete techniques we already know, if that is not purely a camera function.

>Your projected image responds to your mental command more quickly than it did when you put it there, and poofs out of existence.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #560 on: October 05, 2014, 05:18:17 AM »
"Well, that's handy! Any thing else to teach?"

« Reply #561 on: October 05, 2014, 06:07:22 AM »
"Well, that's handy! Any thing else to teach?"

>"Patience, my young Hatate." your twin says with a grin. "Start with that one first. It'll take a bit of practice to get the hang of. Just, don't start with the side of buildings."
>"A lot of it really comes down to thinking, though. Now, if you're where I was about, oh a dozen or so years ago, just about every image you've ever called up has been something for a story that's really basically already been covered, right?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #562 on: October 05, 2014, 06:23:39 AM »
>"I prefer to think I was filling in the gaps, thank you very much!"
>Giggle.

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #563 on: October 08, 2014, 03:52:19 AM »
I wonder if we have the same phone number.
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #564 on: October 08, 2014, 06:54:14 AM »
That's a good question!

« Reply #565 on: October 09, 2014, 05:24:31 AM »
>"I prefer to think I was filling in the gaps, thank you very much!"
>Giggle.

>"Whatever rubs your Buddha." your twin replies with a good natured grin. "But the point is, with a bit of lateral thinking, you can get images of practically everything. Even information. Like say, you wanted to know more about, oh, the history of Yamabushi tengu wine-making. Bit dry, I know, but I've got a glass of good mead in my hand, I got booze on the mind. But if you wanted that sort of information for a story or whatever, then you can think about books or documents about that sort of thing, and call them up on your camera or wall, or whatever you've got handy. But not too much at once." she cautions. "If you try to think about everything that's out there, you can get it all at once, and that can give you a worse headache than you get after a three day brandy bender."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #566 on: October 09, 2014, 08:08:49 AM »
>"I've come pretty close to that, I think. I have some pictures of here of Tsubaki pawing through Aya's documents, and did a couple close ups to get a look at what she was reading."

« Reply #567 on: October 11, 2014, 07:19:00 PM »
>"I've come pretty close to that, I think. I have some pictures of here of Tsubaki pawing through Aya's documents, and did a couple close ups to get a look at what she was reading."

>Your twin seems pleased. "That's my girl. And it works at long range, too, say you wanted to see- Well, I was about to say 'the books in Voile', but your camera'd blow up if you tried to get all of that at once."
>As she chuckles at her own light joke, there comes a polite knock on the door, and the young Long-nose who brought you your drinks pushes the door open. "Excuse me, Hatate... and Hatate. But there's a very unique human outside asking to see you."
>"What, both of us?" your counterpart asks.
>"That's what she said."
>Hatatwin glances your way. "Friend of yours?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #568 on: October 11, 2014, 11:00:31 PM »
>"Well, let's go see!"
>Do so.

« Reply #569 on: October 17, 2014, 10:46:55 PM »
>"Well, let's go see!"
>Do so.

>You and your twin elect to exit the building through the skylight, popping up and then down to see this human at the front lawn. It is Celes, which doesn't come as too great a surprise to you. The real surprise is that she's, well, getting a piggyback ride from the oni you left her to fight. She's attracted a bit of a crowd as well, several tengu clad in maid's uniforms and several more civilians, plus the tengu whom you spied with the oni earlier. The latter of which is grinning from ear to ear.
>At the sight of the human riding an oni, your twin stops dead in the air, stating a simple "What."