Author Topic: Hatate Quest Kolme  (Read 64416 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Hatate Quest Kolme
« Reply #450 on: September 23, 2014, 05:58:15 AM »
>"That's what they do with people they capture, you know. Heck, that's what they did to us back then. Or what, they all got thrown in some oni gulag or something? And is that any better?"

« Reply #451 on: September 23, 2014, 06:01:11 AM »
>"That's what they do with people they capture, you know. Heck, that's what they did to us back then. Or what, they all got thrown in some oni gulag or something? And is that any better?"

>"You really think AYA would do that to someone? Come on, girl, you know her better than that."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #452 on: September 23, 2014, 03:13:36 PM »
>"I thought I knew her better than to involve oni in one of our disputes at all. But I guess there's no point in shouting over it, what's done is done."

« Reply #453 on: September 25, 2014, 04:11:31 AM »
>"I thought I knew her better than to involve oni in one of our disputes at all. But I guess there's no point in shouting over it, what's done is done."

>"I admit, it surprised the hell outta me, too. But she had her reasons, and you know what? I actually agree with her on 'em. Well, most of 'em, anyway. But she can explain better than I can. Come to think of it, you haven't seen Aya yet since you arrived here, have ya?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #454 on: September 25, 2014, 04:22:36 AM »
>"Nope."

« Reply #455 on: September 25, 2014, 04:52:33 AM »
>"Nope."

>"Well, plenty of time for that in a bit." she says, laying down her empty glass. "That's basically the story of our big societal change. After the Dai-tengu lost power, Aya and the rest of the elders of the tribes got together and put together a council of leaders. Nobody wanted just one tribe in charge anymore, and nobody wanted the people in charge to have the kind of power Dai-tengu had over the rest of us anymore. Now everyone has a voice."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #456 on: September 25, 2014, 04:55:04 AM »
>"Howso?"

« Reply #457 on: September 25, 2014, 05:52:06 AM »
>"Howso?"

>"Every tribe of tengu voted on a representative to appoint to the council." She chuckles. "Well, except the White Wolves. They pretty much ALL chose Momiji, didn't even need to vote. Aya probably would have been the Crow rep, but she refused. Anyway, now instead of the Dai-tengu ordering us around whenever and however they felt and decided things would be done however they wanted, problems get brought up to the council when some kind of official decision is needed. And every caste has the same laws to follow, laws that the council decided. The days of a Long-nose getting away with something a White Wolf would get arrested for are long gone." Your twin pours herself another drink then offers you a refill. "I'm not gonna say it's worked out PERFECT, but it's a damn sight better than looking over your shoulder all the time to make sure a Dai-tengu isn't standing behind you with that scowl on their face."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #458 on: September 25, 2014, 05:53:38 AM »
>Take the refill.
>"Honestly, it sounds like you had it worse than I did. I'm not sure what to think."

« Reply #459 on: September 25, 2014, 06:35:05 AM »
>Take the refill.
>"Honestly, it sounds like you had it worse than I did. I'm not sure what to think."

>Your counterpart fills your glass. "You might be right." A grin lights her face. "Maybe I'll have to pop over and have a look around?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #460 on: September 25, 2014, 07:05:12 AM »
>"I'd be all too happy to bring you over, once we find a way to actually get back. Mmm, guess I best start explaining things on my end."
>"Alright, so, that Night of Rage thing I mentioned. I had just happened like a month ago. I know Aya went out to cover it, and she kinda of never came back. Eventually, I got sick of waiting on her and decided I should go scoop her myself. Anyways, I got Momiji and we checked around her house, and found that Tsubaki, yes that Tsubaki had broken in. Going through old articles of hers related to the Yakumos. Heavy stuff; absolutely shameful."
>Have a drink.
>"So we start to look around, and go try to talk with Reimu about it, and find Yukari's there instead with Reimu napping in her lap. Yes, I got a great picture, she even posed for it. We learned from her that Aya had been working with Ran on some kind of project, but she wasn't saying anything. Wasn't able to push too hard, even if she's more a low youkai than we are. Still, it was a clue. Anyways, we go to investigate Marisa's house, and find it's covered in some weirdo shield. We go to ask Alice, turns out Alice and Marisa ran off awhile ago; a very nice centaur was watching over Alice's house and told us that. So, she accompanies us back to Marisa's house, since she knows a bit about magic, and we try to break that barrier; Momiji had the skills to put enough force behind it. That breaks the barriers, but there's another worse one under it. So! We decide to split up, Momiji going to fetch Patchouli, and me going to the Cobalt Keep, which was a new place to me."
>Sip.
>"Now, let me explain. Where I'm from, the Cobalt Keep is just this place, run by another western Vampire. Seems most of them had chosen to sleep out the bad old days in some kind of magical sleep, until Gensokyo calmed down and they didn't have to worry so much about being attacked by whoever wanted a piece of their wealth or power. Kind of a mid-sized prize, so very tasty if you're that kind of person. Nowadays, though, they've just awakened and are getting on reasonably well with everyone else. There's a few weird people there, but they seem like nice sorts all in all. Nothing weird like the one here, it's pretty much like the Scarlet Devil Mansion or Eientei or whatever you wanna thing of, just...castly and westerny. Now, the reason I went there was because there was a big name magician there, too. But also I knew Aya had to have been there, and I was right. But it was weeks ago, so no real help. But I got to meet the peoples, and a few visitors, including that Ranka girl who was hanging around. Heh heh. We only kinda got along, because she thought tengu needed to be more like her and I disagreed. But we kind got along, even though she wouldn't let me get any pictures. How about you?
>"Wait, let me finish. Okay, so, we gather up that Magician, and one of their top people, a human named Celes whose name you might remember. So, we get back to Marisa's house, and Momiji and Patchouli get there soon after. Celes says she recognizes the barrier as the work of one of the sins. Let me explain those real quick."
>Sip.
>"One of the people at the keep, probably the most dangerous one, is someone with a bunch of evil spirits in her, embodiments of western sins or something. They got loose and caused the whole night of rage thing, I don't really understand it myself. Now, the one that was unaccounted for was Greed. And apparently that barrier was his work, so he probably got into Marisa's house and claimed it. Anyways, we go in and the place is just a sty. Nothing like the Marisa's house here. Anyways, one thing that I notice is this book. So I point it out, and Celes panics. Then bam, we wake up here! Apparently it was some trap or curse on the book. Celes has a lot of ideas about it, and so do we. Anyways, that's the short version. And I'm gonna ask you not to report it til we get things sorted, just as a favor, okay. Make any sense at all?"

« Reply #461 on: September 25, 2014, 07:50:25 AM »
>"I'd be all too happy to bring you over, once we find a way to actually get back. Mmm, guess I best start explaining things on my end."
>"Alright, so, that Night of Rage thing I mentioned. I had just happened like a month ago. I know Aya went out to cover it, and she kinda of never came back. Eventually, I got sick of waiting on her and decided I should go scoop her myself. Anyways, I got Momiji and we checked around her house, and found that Tsubaki, yes that Tsubaki had broken in. Going through old articles of hers related to the Yakumos. Heavy stuff; absolutely shameful."
>Have a drink.
>"So we start to look around, and go try to talk with Reimu about it, and find Yukari's there instead with Reimu napping in her lap. Yes, I got a great picture, she even posed for it. We learned from her that Aya had been working with Ran on some kind of project, but she wasn't saying anything. Wasn't able to push too hard, even if she's more a low youkai than we are. Still, it was a clue. Anyways, we go to investigate Marisa's house, and find it's covered in some weirdo shield. We go to ask Alice, turns out Alice and Marisa ran off awhile ago; a very nice centaur was watching over Alice's house and told us that. So, she accompanies us back to Marisa's house, since she knows a bit about magic, and we try to break that barrier; Momiji had the skills to put enough force behind it. That breaks the barriers, but there's another worse one under it. So! We decide to split up, Momiji going to fetch Patchouli, and me going to the Cobalt Keep, which was a new place to me."
>Sip.
>"Now, let me explain. Where I'm from, the Cobalt Keep is just this place, run by another western Vampire. Seems most of them had chosen to sleep out the bad old days in some kind of magical sleep, until Gensokyo calmed down and they didn't have to worry so much about being attacked by whoever wanted a piece of their wealth or power. Kind of a mid-sized prize, so very tasty if you're that kind of person. Nowadays, though, they've just awakened and are getting on reasonably well with everyone else. There's a few weird people there, but they seem like nice sorts all in all. Nothing weird like the one here, it's pretty much like the Scarlet Devil Mansion or Eientei or whatever you wanna thing of, just...castly and westerny. Now, the reason I went there was because there was a big name magician there, too. But also I knew Aya had to have been there, and I was right. But it was weeks ago, so no real help. But I got to meet the peoples, and a few visitors, including that Ranka girl who was hanging around. Heh heh. We only kinda got along, because she thought tengu needed to be more like her and I disagreed. But we kind got along, even though she wouldn't let me get any pictures. How about you?
>"Wait, let me finish. Okay, so, we gather up that Magician, and one of their top people, a human named Celes whose name you might remember. So, we get back to Marisa's house, and Momiji and Patchouli get there soon after. Celes says she recognizes the barrier as the work of one of the sins. Let me explain those real quick."
>Sip.
>"One of the people at the keep, probably the most dangerous one, is someone with a bunch of evil spirits in her, embodiments of western sins or something. They got loose and caused the whole night of rage thing, I don't really understand it myself. Now, the one that was unaccounted for was Greed. And apparently that barrier was his work, so he probably got into Marisa's house and claimed it. Anyways, we go in and the place is just a sty. Nothing like the Marisa's house here. Anyways, one thing that I notice is this book. So I point it out, and Celes panics. Then bam, we wake up here! Apparently it was some trap or curse on the book. Celes has a lot of ideas about it, and so do we. Anyways, that's the short version. And I'm gonna ask you not to report it til we get things sorted, just as a favor, okay. Make any sense at all?"

Yeesh. I think that's more words I've seen from you at a run in ANY game. Well, apart from Epilogue posts, of course, those are exceptions for all of us.

>After your counterpart takes a moment to digest your hallmark card version of the events of your day, she nods slowly. "I think I'm with ya. And sure, I'll keep this off the pages. I'd want to talk to Momiji and Celes anyway, to get the whole story, you understand."
>"Still, it's real hard for me to wrap my head around the idea of the Cobalt Keep being anything other than..... Well, what it IS." she states, leaning her head against her free hand. "That's a whopper of an idea."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #462 on: September 25, 2014, 07:55:47 AM »
>"Yeah, from everything I can gather, they're pretty much entirely different places. I don't even want to imagine what happened."
>Have another sip.
>"There is...more, but it's complicated and I'm only going to mention it to you because, well...who else can I really trust around here? But, I need you to give me some faith on this."

« Reply #463 on: September 26, 2014, 08:50:49 AM »
>"Yeah, from everything I can gather, they're pretty much entirely different places. I don't even want to imagine what happened."
>Have another sip.
>"There is...more, but it's complicated and I'm only going to mention it to you because, well...who else can I really trust around here? But, I need you to give me some faith on this."

>"That makes two of us." your twin says with emphasis.
>WIth a grin, Hatatwin replies, "Well, much as I appreciate the compliment, I wouldn't feel right if I didn't say that you can probably trust Momiji and Aya as much as me. But that said, I'm all ears."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #464 on: September 26, 2014, 09:01:53 AM »
>"Alright. I'm only telling you this because I know I can trust you. I...think one of us might not be real. And if that's true, then we'll really need to work together to get through this."

« Reply #465 on: September 26, 2014, 09:07:17 AM »
>"Alright. I'm only telling you this because I know I can trust you. I...think one of us might not be real. And if that's true, then we'll really need to work together to get through this."

>"...... Well, I didn't see that coming."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #466 on: September 26, 2014, 09:10:36 AM »
>"Heh, yeah. Obviously, I think it's you. And you'll think it's me, which is fair. And I don't know who's right. But, it doesn't matter. But tell me, what's the difference between a youkai that exists and one that doesn't?"

« Reply #467 on: September 27, 2014, 05:48:23 AM »
>"Heh, yeah. Obviously, I think it's you. And you'll think it's me, which is fair. And I don't know who's right. But, it doesn't matter. But tell me, what's the difference between a youkai that exists and one that doesn't?"

>"Ohhh, I hate riddles." your counterpart says, making a face.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #468 on: September 27, 2014, 05:57:35 AM »
>"It's simple. The difference between a youkai that exists and one that doesn't is whether or not someone believes in them. So...as long as you believe in me, and I believe in you, we're both set, am I right?"

« Reply #469 on: September 27, 2014, 06:07:19 AM »
>"It's simple. The difference between a youkai that exists and one that doesn't is whether or not someone believes in them. So...as long as you believe in me, and I believe in you, we're both set, am I right?"

>"You sure it's that simple? I mean I've heard a lot of theories about...." she trails off, then shrugs. "Well, I guess you're right, it really doesn't matter. I mean neither one of us up and poofed before today. Can't picture that changing anytime soon."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #470 on: September 27, 2014, 06:14:05 AM »
>"Well, maybe we did. I mean, what's the different between waking up like any old day and waking up for the very time if your memories tell you've always been around? In fact, I'm kinda sure that is the case. But, it won't matter if we just believe in each other, right? And I certainly believe I'm talking to you right now."

« Reply #471 on: September 27, 2014, 06:42:59 AM »
>"Well, maybe we did. I mean, what's the different between waking up like any old day and waking up for the very time if your memories tell you've always been around? In fact, I'm kinda sure that is the case. But, it won't matter if we just believe in each other, right? And I certainly believe I'm talking to you right now."

>"And sharing a bottle of fine mead." your twin adds as she raises her glass in a salute to you.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #472 on: September 27, 2014, 06:46:57 AM »
>"Indeed."
>Have some more.
>"So...Celes believes this whole place is just an illusion created by the book to try and trap us, since that's what it does. I'm not so sure, but there are some odd things."

« Reply #473 on: September 27, 2014, 06:55:06 AM »
>"Indeed."
>Have some more.
>"So...Celes believes this whole place is just an illusion created by the book to try and trap us, since that's what it does. I'm not so sure, but there are some odd things."

>"Where'd she get that idea? Oh wait, I forgot, you said she was a Magician, right?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #474 on: September 27, 2014, 07:10:47 AM »
>"Something like that, at least. There is one weird thing, though. I, um, tried to feel the winds, and I didn't feel any of you guys. Or Ranka. Or anyone, except my Momiji."

« Reply #475 on: September 27, 2014, 07:19:16 AM »
>"Something like that, at least. There is one weird thing, though. I, um, tried to feel the winds, and I didn't feel any of you guys. Or Ranka. Or anyone, except my Momiji."

>"Yeah, that's a weird one, all right." Your counterpart ponders that for a moment, then says, "But if you came to this world, whether it's real or not, from another world, maybe your senses haven't adjusted yet or something. And if that other Momiji came with you, maybe that's why you can sense her still."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #476 on: September 27, 2014, 07:47:13 AM »
>"Maybe so, but what about Ranka? She's like a windy sun."

« Reply #477 on: September 27, 2014, 08:24:35 AM »
>"Maybe so, but what about Ranka? She's like a windy sun."

>"Did she come here with you?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #478 on: September 27, 2014, 05:27:38 PM »
>"I don't think so. I mean your Ranka."

« Reply #479 on: September 28, 2014, 03:57:12 AM »
>"I don't think so. I mean your Ranka."

>"Like I said. She's not your Ranka, so you can't sense her anymore than anyone else. Probably." she says as she takes a quick drink. "This is new turf to me, too."