Author Topic: Hatate Quest Kolme  (Read 63762 times)

Re: Hatate Quest Kolme
« Reply #240 on: July 22, 2014, 04:46:39 AM »
>Wink.
>"You be good, now. But yeah, you and I just met earlier too, but we talked a lot. However, that really doesn't apply to you yourself, does it? But could you help us out?"

>"Mm. Yeah, sure I can. I had fun the last time I helped tengu like you, I think it'll be fun again."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #241 on: July 22, 2014, 04:50:11 AM »
>"Thanks! So, do you know where we can find any of those things I asked about?"

« Reply #242 on: July 22, 2014, 05:00:27 AM »
>"Thanks! So, do you know where we can find any of those things I asked about?"

>Ranka waggles her finger idly in Momiji's direction. "You, right off. You've got fire training today up in the city." Before the confused Momiji can inquire into exactly what she means, Ranka's attention has turned to you. "You, that'll take a minute or two. She moves around almost as much as Aya used to."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #243 on: July 22, 2014, 05:03:48 AM »
>"Huh. Guess she got a taste for it."
>Give Wendy a moment.

« Reply #244 on: July 22, 2014, 05:11:04 AM »
>"Huh. Guess she got a taste for it."
>Give Wendy a moment.

>"Gimme a minute." the lovely blonde says quickly, before floating backwards slightly. Rotating in place, her hair wraps around her like a cocoon before she fades from sight, joining with the winds.
>"Well, despite that odd moment we all observed, she seems much the same as she does in our world." Celes observes. "But I still advise caution, at least for now." Casting a look between you and Momiji, she asks, "Does the expression 'fire training' have some significance to either of you?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #245 on: July 22, 2014, 05:15:05 AM »
>"Not particularly, but I could imagine it meaning a few things. Could be danmaku practice, or training people how to deal with fires. I imagine it's a big deal if the stories we heard about Momiji here are true."

« Reply #246 on: July 22, 2014, 06:28:58 AM »
>"Not particularly, but I could imagine it meaning a few things. Could be danmaku practice, or training people how to deal with fires. I imagine it's a big deal if the stories we heard about Momiji here are true."

>"Excuse me." Momiji says, still looking a touch distracted. "But, just who was that woman?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #247 on: July 22, 2014, 06:39:22 AM »
>"She's Ranka, an air elemental I met around the keep in our world. I didn't really get a chance to introduce you two, since things happened, but you might remember her sitting on top of Marisa's house."

« Reply #248 on: July 22, 2014, 07:47:54 AM »
>"She's Ranka, an air elemental I met around the keep in our world. I didn't really get a chance to introduce you two, since things happened, but you might remember her sitting on top of Marisa's house."

>"Yeah. And I remember Patchouli shocking the bajeezus out of her as well."
>"Not the first time that sort of thing has happened to her." Celes adds. "She's a very amorous thing who, unfortunately, needs a firm rejection from time to time."
>"Does she..." The white wolf's cheeks color slightly. "Does she dress that way in our world too?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #249 on: July 22, 2014, 08:21:31 AM »
>"How do you think I picked her out?"

« Reply #250 on: July 22, 2014, 09:22:09 PM »
>"How do you think I picked her out?"

>"I thought it was the hair." Momiji says with a faint shrug. "I don't think I've ever seen anyone with a head of hair that long. Or quite that shade."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #251 on: July 23, 2014, 12:35:04 AM »
>"That helped too."

« Reply #252 on: July 23, 2014, 04:56:54 AM »
>"That helped too."

>"Mind if I ask what you two were discussing? OUR Ranka, I mean." she adds quickly.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #253 on: July 23, 2014, 05:06:21 AM »
>"Just back and forth on whether tengu are really in tune with the wind or not. She says we've fallen out from it, and I'm telling we just have a different way of approaching it than she does.  I think she just doesn't like it so she doesn't want to admit other ways are fine, too."

« Reply #254 on: July 23, 2014, 05:20:01 AM »
>"Just back and forth on whether tengu are really in tune with the wind or not. She says we've fallen out from it, and I'm telling we just have a different way of approaching it than she does.  I think she just doesn't like it so she doesn't want to admit other ways are fine, too."

>"That's quite a bold statement." Momiji observes. "One could almost think she was judging us as a race."
>"I wouldn't go that far." Celes says with a shake of her head. "I have known Ranka for some time now. She is rather intelligent, but also simple, in her ways. She may have a point- and I assure you both, I mean no offense at that." she adds, looking between both of you. "I am neither wind spirit nor tengu, I cannot judge which of you is right or wrong. I merely wish to point out that Ranka is not very good at explaining herself when it comes to complex issues."
>"Maybe." Momiji says, folding her arms. "Still, it can't have been so bad an argument, for you to call out to her, Hatate."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #255 on: July 23, 2014, 08:16:45 AM »
>"I don't think she's coming from a place of hate toward tengu, but she's real good at making it seem like that if you don't read between the lines a little bit. I am going to say she probably doesn't understand us very well at all. What does the squirrel know of a wolf pack but what she sees and all."

« Reply #256 on: July 23, 2014, 11:06:58 AM »
>"I don't think she's coming from a place of hate toward tengu, but she's real good at making it seem like that if you don't read between the lines a little bit. I am going to say she probably doesn't understand us very well at all. What does the squirrel know of a wolf pack but what she sees and all."

>"Well, maybe we'll have the chance to enlighten her a little bit." Momiji says with a smile. "I haven't had a philosophical discussion like that in a long time."
>"Don't forget, Momiji, this isn't our Ranka." Celes asserts, but the white wolf nods quickly.
>"I know. But we can call it practice for when we get home."

>About a minute or so later, Ranka spins herself back into view, her golden locks splaying out from her as she emerges from her cocoon of hair like a glittering fan. You hear Momiji's breath catch. "Turns out you two are about in the same place." The wind spirit says as she reduces the speed of her spin. "Hatate's practicing up there with the rest of them."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #257 on: July 23, 2014, 11:28:37 AM »
>"Oh, great, thanks!"
>"What are they practicing, anyways?"

« Reply #258 on: July 24, 2014, 03:15:53 AM »
>"Oh, great, thanks!"
>"What are they practicing, anyways?"

>"Right now, danmaku. Weapons was earlier today. I think."
>"Weapons training?" Momiji asks.
>"It was your idea. At least I think that's what Honoka told me."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #259 on: July 24, 2014, 03:58:53 AM »
>"That's...weird. Why would they need soldiers so bad that they're training people who aren't suited for it?"

« Reply #260 on: July 24, 2014, 05:33:28 AM »
>"That's...weird. Why would they need soldiers so bad that they're training people who aren't suited for it?"

>Momiji frowns. "Does that really sound like something I would do, Hatate?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #261 on: July 24, 2014, 05:48:52 AM »
>"Yeah, that's my point. There's no reason to have anyone other than the white wolves learning how to use weapons, unless the white wolves are too few in number. Like, there's the occasional person who takes an interest, I guess, but there's can't be enough to have a class for them. And, given things are pretty peaceful here, it can't be because of a war."

« Reply #262 on: July 24, 2014, 05:59:23 AM »
>"Yeah, that's my point. There's no reason to have anyone other than the white wolves learning how to use weapons, unless the white wolves are too few in number. Like, there's the occasional person who takes an interest, I guess, but there's can't be enough to have a class for them. And, given things are pretty peaceful here, it can't be because of a war."

>"Well, that's not entirely true." Momiji says thoughtfully. "I can think of a few reasons to teach a non white wolf tengu how to wield a weapon. But I can't think of how I'd ever get the chance. Or where I'd find non white wolves willing to learn, at least enough to call a 'class'. Long-noses wouldn't want to get their hands dirty, Yamabushi have neither the aptitude nor interest in weaponry, Crows always let us do the fighting, and the Dai-tengu teach themselves if they ever want to."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #263 on: July 24, 2014, 06:07:00 AM »
>"Yeah, the Daitengu are the only ones I can think of who'd want to. And there's no real point in anyone else doing it; because who could do the job better than you? I mean, if we were really were being invaded and needed everyone we could field, then I don't think most people would protest much, but in peace time?"

« Reply #264 on: July 24, 2014, 06:44:13 AM »
>"Yeah, the Daitengu are the only ones I can think of who'd want to. And there's no real point in anyone else doing it; because who could do the job better than you? I mean, if we were really were being invaded and needed everyone we could field, then I don't think most people would protest much, but in peace time?"

>"Is this really that big a deal?" Ranka asks.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #265 on: July 24, 2014, 07:06:51 AM »
>"Yeah, it is. But I guess we best go check it out and make them explain it."

« Reply #266 on: July 24, 2014, 07:42:32 AM »
>"Yeah, it is. But I guess we best go check it out and make them explain it."

>"Agreed." Momiji says instantly. "I already had a lot of things to ask about, but I think this might have just jumped to the top of the list."
>"Excuse me." Celes starts. "But if you don't mind me saying, basic weapons training seems only sensible, does it not? Each of us of my home have at least some training with one form of weapon, even Tsumiko, and she is functionally a priest."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #267 on: July 24, 2014, 07:47:31 AM »
>"Well, first off that's kinda of old-fashioned anyways, since we use danmaku now. But second off, there's a reason why white wolves take care of defense, it's because they're best at it. They have the agility, the coordination, the strength, and all the other sword-fighty things. No one else could really hope to match one normally. It's what they're best at. That's also why the Long-nosed tengu handle the accounting and paperwork and things, its what their talents are."

« Reply #268 on: July 24, 2014, 11:16:57 PM »
>"Well, first off that's kinda of old-fashioned anyways, since we use danmaku now. But second off, there's a reason why white wolves take care of defense, it's because they're best at it. They have the agility, the coordination, the strength, and all the other sword-fighty things. No one else could really hope to match one normally. It's what they're best at. That's also why the Long-nosed tengu handle the accounting and paperwork and things, its what their talents are."

>"Ah, a strictly caste-based society." Celes says with an acknowledging nod. "I've seen many such systems in my time of course, but not with such diversity among one race." The keep's steward pauses. "That didn't sound how I intended."
>"I think I know what you meant." Momiji replies. "A White Wolf can seem vastly different than a Crow, and yet we're both Tengu."
>Celes smiles gratefully. "That is essentially what I meant, yes. I am curious as to how such a thing arose, but that of course can wait until a later time."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #269 on: July 25, 2014, 01:51:49 AM »
>"Yeah, let's go get to the bottom of this."