Author Topic: Hatate Quest Kolme  (Read 64427 times)

Re: Hatate Quest Kolme
« Reply #210 on: July 14, 2014, 01:19:18 AM »
>What was Celes' species again?

>She seems to be human, but there is something slightly different about her presence. And when she was speaking with Celia the centaur before you got pulled into the book, she mentioned that she wasn't exactly human. If she elaborated on the point at the time, you didn't hear her do so.

>"Don't worry, even if I find something good, I'm going to try and take it with me."

>"You might have a chance sooner than you think, too." Momiji says, looking ahead in the direction of Youkai Mountain. "There's a village at the base of the mountain that isn't there in our world."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #211 on: July 14, 2014, 01:37:19 AM »
>"What? Weird..."
>Look for this village, and assess it.

« Reply #212 on: July 14, 2014, 02:34:51 AM »
>"What? Weird..."
>Look for this village, and assess it.

>You scan the base of Youkai Mountain, following the direction of Momiji's gaze. You can't really see much in the way of details, though, you're still quite a ways away. You think the vague blue of colors near the river could be in the shape of buildings, but you're not sure.
>"Marisa did say that the tengu have opened their borders." Celes ventures. "Might this be a tengu village?"
>"Not like any one I've ever seen." Momiji answers. "I'm seeing all kinds of people there besides tengu. Kappa, humans, other youkai. I even thought I saw an oni for a second, but I can't seem to find her now."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #213 on: July 14, 2014, 02:37:17 AM »
>"Maybe they're outcasts or something? There was supposed to be a revolution, right?"

« Reply #214 on: July 14, 2014, 02:42:45 AM »
>"Maybe they're outcasts or something? There was supposed to be a revolution, right?"

>"That's a possibility." Momiji muses. "I haven't seen any faces I recognize yet, though. Think we should have a closer look?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #215 on: July 14, 2014, 02:47:55 AM »
>"We can at least fly over, see what stands out."

« Reply #216 on: July 16, 2014, 10:45:18 PM »
>"We can at least fly over, see what stands out."

>"Do you see any sign of fortifications or defensive weaponry?" Celes asks her.
>Momiji scans ahead for a moment before answering, "Not unless you count the odd wrench or garden trowel. Seems to be pretty peaceful. I don't think a flyby would do any harm."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #217 on: July 16, 2014, 11:41:12 PM »
>Is our hometown particularly fortified?
>"Don't imagine they'd need it or want it."
>Let's approach and have a flyover for anything interesting. Also, do the forests that used to be at the base of the mountain still seem to be there, or have they given way to fields or grazing lands or the like?

« Reply #218 on: July 19, 2014, 03:22:08 PM »
>Is our hometown particularly fortified?
>"Don't imagine they'd need it or want it."

>Not the tengu cities themselves, really. The white wolves provide security on the frontier, with guardposts and fortifications at strategic locations. With the Oni gone, the Dai-tengu turned the might of the Tengu outward, to ensure no one bothered them unless they had Dai-tengu permission, which has been of course rarely granted. This gave the other tengu races more ability and room to focus using their territory on industry, beautification and of course, pleasure.

>"If they were outcasts, they might." Celes counters. "It has been my experience that a people expelled from a region are left with a sense of concern, almost paranoia, towards the ones who expelled them."

>Let's approach and have a flyover for anything interesting. Also, do the forests that used to be at the base of the mountain still seem to be there, or have they
given way to fields or grazing lands or the like?

>Drifting slightly to port, you and your companions angle in to do a quick fly by of this village that wasn't there when you left. The woodlands around the base of the mountain seem largely intact, even in the area of new development, which is something of a surprise. That's not to say there aren't fewer trees in the area of the village, but there has been far less removal than you might have expected. Perhaps whomever established that village didn't want to deforest the area any more than necessary? You can't be sure.
>There has been a large amount of development around the lake and river attached to it. Several homes and buildings have been built close to it, and a number of piers, each seeming to be painted a bit differently than the last, poke themselves out from the land like multicolored fingers. Fishing nets hang drying in the spring air, and poles and smaller nets seem to be plentiful. The lake itself is also full of activity, a number of small boats dotting the surface with many more humanoid figures
playing in and around the water.

>There are two structures that stand out among the rest of the buildings in the village. One is a two-building complex straddling a small portion of the lake that has all the earmarks of a white wolf made brewery, albeit one of the largest ones you've ever seen. The other is an expansive stage and field on the southeastern outskirts of the village, the stage part of which is presently unengaged save for a teenaged human plucking casually at a three-string guitar. At least two dozen people are presently using the field in front of the stage for purposes ranging from tossing a frisbee back and forth to a picnic to simply reading a book beneath a blooming cherry tree.
>The figure that catches your eye on the field below you, however, is a feminine figure with exceedingly long blonde hair that seems to coil around her exceedingly shapely legs. That can only be the wind spirit Ranka Kitajima. Or at least, this world's ersatz version of her, you remind yourself, recalling Celes' advice. The wind spirit is casually floating away from a pair of younger women, a white-winged yamabushi tengu and a human, both of whom are blushing furiously.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #219 on: July 19, 2014, 03:49:41 PM »
>Point out Ranka
>"Think she'd recognize any of us?"

« Reply #220 on: July 19, 2014, 03:59:02 PM »
>Point out Ranka
>"Think she'd recognize any of us?"

>"Who?" Celes asks, looking down in that direction. "Ah, that must be Ranka. Well, I can't say for certain, I haven't entirely figured out how this world is put together yet. Frankly, Hatate, that might even be OUR Ranka. She was close when the book went off and trapped us, and she is a rather curious spirit. I wouldn't be entirely surprised if that was her down there. Our Ranka, I mean."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #221 on: July 19, 2014, 04:02:24 PM »
>"I suppose it's possible. Well, there's one way to find out."
>Call out: "Hey! Ranka! Up here!"

« Reply #222 on: July 19, 2014, 05:57:16 PM »
>"I suppose it's possible. Well, there's one way to find out."
>Call out: "Hey! Ranka! Up here!"

>The blonde woman pauses and glances back your way, peering through a small gap in her carpet of hair.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #223 on: July 19, 2014, 11:58:24 PM »
>Wave to catch her attention.

« Reply #224 on: July 21, 2014, 02:35:21 AM »
>Wave to catch her attention.

>Ranka tosses her hair back over her shoulder with a flick of her wrist as she turns around to look your way. She seems a bit confused as she sees just who's waving at her.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #225 on: July 21, 2014, 02:37:42 AM »
>"Doesn't seem like she knows us."
>Call out, "Got a minute, we need to ask you some things!"

« Reply #226 on: July 21, 2014, 03:40:27 AM »
>"Doesn't seem like she knows us."
>Call out, "Got a minute, we need to ask you some things!"

>The lovely blonde tilts her head to the side slightly. You have the impression she's never seen you before. Which is a bit odd, now that you think. Everyone you've met so far has recognized you in some capacity, or rather, has believed you to be the other Hatate. Even here, you've drawn some looks your way, though perhaps not quite as many as Momiji, but Ranka merely stares blankly at you.
>Something very much like static crosses the blonde woman's green eyes, and her head jerks sharply to the side, almost like a spasm. When it passes, her eyes are normal again, and with a nod, she starts to float up in your direction.

>"Be on your guard." Celes hisses in a low voice.
>"Why?" Momiji asks.
>"That reaction may have been a sign of the book reassessing our presence."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #227 on: July 21, 2014, 03:49:13 AM »
>"Yeah, something bad definitely happened right there. You saw that bit with her eyes, right?"
>Do we recall anyone else getting that kind of look?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 04:08:13 AM by Purvis »

« Reply #228 on: July 21, 2014, 04:21:18 AM »
>"Yeah, something bad definitely happened right there. You saw that bit with her eyes, right?"
>Do we recall anyone else getting that kind of look?

>Momiji nods breifly. "Never seen anything like that before."
>You don't, neither in this world or your own.

>The look of curiousity has returned to Ranka's face, you see, as she draws closer. Alert as you are, you still can't help but be slightly distracted by the vision she is. "You... look like Hatate." she says as she comes within about ten feet of you. "But you don't look Hatate. Or Momiji. Who are you?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #229 on: July 21, 2014, 04:24:49 AM »
>"We're just who you said we were. Only, we're kinda from another world. Now, um, could you tell us what you know about us?"

« Reply #230 on: July 21, 2014, 04:28:47 AM »
>"We're just who you said we were. Only, we're kinda from another world. Now, um, could you tell us what you know about us?"

>Ranka's look of puzzlement does not fade as she looks closer at you and then Momiji. "I know you're different." she says in a strange voice. "You're not like the other tengu. You're... like you were. Like THEY were. Before they changed, healed."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #231 on: July 21, 2014, 05:02:06 AM »
>"Yeah yeah, we've hashed and rehashed this all before."

« Reply #232 on: July 21, 2014, 05:18:19 AM »
>"Yeah yeah, we've hashed and rehashed this all before."

>"No, I don't think so." Ranka says with a shake of her head. "I've never met you before."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #233 on: July 21, 2014, 05:25:02 AM »
>Grin. "I've met you in my world. She said about the same thing, so you can be proud of her. Could you help us find our way around?"

« Reply #234 on: July 21, 2014, 05:45:06 AM »
>Grin. "I've met you in my world. She said about the same thing, so you can be proud of her. Could you help us find our way around?"

>"Are you looking for something?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #235 on: July 21, 2014, 05:52:00 AM »
>"Actually, I'm looking for myself, so is Momiji. Our friend Celes here is interested in any pegasi that are around. But stuff in general is good to know too."

« Reply #236 on: July 21, 2014, 06:08:24 AM »
>"Actually, I'm looking for myself, so is Momiji. Our friend Celes here is interested in any pegasi that are around. But stuff in general is good to know too."

>The hint of a smile touches the beautiful wind spirit's lips. "From the way you talked earlier, it sounds like the Ranka you met before and you didn't get along too well. Are you sure you want to ask me?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #237 on: July 21, 2014, 06:15:40 AM »
>Smile back. "We got along well enough, just we disagreed a bit and never got around to resolving it."

« Reply #238 on: July 22, 2014, 02:41:54 AM »
>Smile back. "We got along well enough, just we disagreed a bit and never got around to resolving it."

>"Oh. Well, that's not so bad, then." Ranka turns her gaze to your two companions. "Did we disagree a bit?"
>Celes shakes her head. "As a matter of fact, in our world, you and I are friends. The Ranka of our world was among the first to visit us after we awoke in Gensokyo."
>"That was nice of her." the blonde says with some satisfaction.

>"And I'd never seen you before today." Momiji says. "Either version of you, at least not in person."
>Ranka pouts slightly. "You sure?"
>"I'm pretty sure I'd remember seeing you around." The white wolf says, not quite managing to keep her eyes away from Ranka's more salient features.
>The wind spirit giggles. "Isn't she sweet?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #239 on: July 22, 2014, 02:51:24 AM »
>Wink.
>"You be good, now. But yeah, you and I just met earlier too, but we talked a lot. However, that really doesn't apply to you yourself, does it? But could you help us out?"