Author Topic: Hatate Quest Kolme  (Read 64403 times)

Re: Hatate Quest Kolme
« Reply #120 on: June 27, 2014, 09:20:51 PM »
>"So what's she done that's so bad? Does she go around knifing people? And how are her powers different?"

>"She's dangerous." Reimu insists. "She doesn't belong here."
>Marisa gives her friend a curious look, then says to you, "She doesn't seem to have the same skill with time powers that the real Sakuya does. Or the same kind of power wth knives. And she carries more equipment than the real Sakuya. She calls herself a vampire hunter, too, and our Sakuya doesn't."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #121 on: June 27, 2014, 09:24:01 PM »
>"I see..."
>Have we heard anything about that regarding the likes of Sakuya before?

« Reply #122 on: June 27, 2014, 09:46:21 PM »
>"I see..."
>Have we heard anything about that regarding the likes of Sakuya before?

>The vampire hunter part? No.

>"Well, we will consider ourselves warned." Celes says. "And the other person I mentioned..."
>"Ah, yeah. Liluye." Marisa answers with a nod. "That's the barber. She's a weird one. Knows her way around scissors and shampoos, but she talks really funny. Kinda like she never really got the hang of Japanese. Calls herself an 'Apache', whatever that is."
>"Every now and then she'll say something about other worlds, walking shadows...." Reimu says between bites. "She's harmless, though, never causes any trouble. She just talks strange."
>Celes, still looking at Mariasa, asks, "And she claimed that you were not of this world?"
>Marisa nods. "Pretty sure, anyway. She don't always make the most sense, ze."
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 10:19:52 PM by Namusour »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #123 on: June 27, 2014, 10:08:19 PM »
>"Is she a youkai?"

« Reply #124 on: June 27, 2014, 10:26:58 PM »
>"Is she a youkai?"

>Marisa nods. "Not sure what kind, though."
>"Most likely a human-turned youkai." Celes suggests.
>"How would you know?"
>"I am familiar with the Apache people." the steward replies, her tone very much like that of a formal educators. "They are a tribe of humans native to the North American continent. A warrior people, by necessity and temperment."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #125 on: June 27, 2014, 10:59:32 PM »
>"So, you can tell how crazy she is?"

« Reply #126 on: June 28, 2014, 12:17:17 AM »
>"So, you can tell how crazy she is?"

>Celes chuckles quietly. "Not from here, no. But her background could account for her odd way of speech. The Apache, like many native American peoples, have a profound spiritual side. Some of them live side by side with their sacred spirits. It is possible that her becoming a youkai affected her in ways different from someone raised in the Orient." To Reimu, she asks, "How long has Lilyue... Liluye, been here?"
>Reimu grins. "Tough name, yeah. But she's been here for ages. Decades, at least."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #127 on: June 28, 2014, 12:40:00 AM »
>"Yeah, we definitely don't have anyone like that. Unless there's she's been hiding with you guys, Celes."

« Reply #128 on: June 28, 2014, 01:18:49 AM »
>"Yeah, we definitely don't have anyone like that. Unless there's she's been hiding with you guys, Celes."

>"No, I'm afraid that's one demographic not represented by my home." the steward replies with an amused look.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #129 on: June 28, 2014, 01:24:57 AM »
>"Well, we'll have to add her to the list of people to see."
>Glance to the others to see if they're ready to go.

« Reply #130 on: June 28, 2014, 06:23:48 AM »
>"Well, we'll have to add her to the list of people to see."
>Glance to the others to see if they're ready to go.

>"You might need to make an appointment." Reimu advises you.
>Both of your companions give you a nod.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #131 on: June 28, 2014, 06:30:13 AM »
>"I think we've gotten more than enough things to look into now, thank you both. We'll try to send word if we find anything exciting."
>Make proper goodbyes and make our way out.
>"So, Youkai Mountain?"

« Reply #132 on: June 30, 2014, 06:19:39 AM »
>"I think we've gotten more than enough things to look into now, thank you both. We'll try to send word if we find anything exciting."
>Make proper goodbyes and make our way out.
>"So, Youkai Mountain?"

>"Knock yourselves out." Reimu replies. "I'm sure we'll read all about it the papers."
>"Take your time, while you're here." Marisa advises with a smile. "Maybe this world ain't your world, but it's a good one."
>"It does seem to be." Momiji says with a nod as she stands along with you. Celes stands as well, quiet, her expression slightly pensive.

>Deferring the offer of alcohol from Suika and Komachi outside once again, you and your companions take to the sky, putting a bit of distance between yourselves and the shrine before checking with the other ladies.
>Momiji nods. "Maybe we'll find Aya there, as well as learning about their society."
>The Keep's steward, however, sounds a bit less enthusiastic as she says, "I am not sure it matters."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #133 on: June 30, 2014, 06:29:31 AM »
>"It matters to us. And I really want to meet myself, don't you, Momiji?"
>Proceed toward the mountain.
>"Or, are you saying it doesn't matter because you don't think it's real?"

« Reply #134 on: June 30, 2014, 06:40:27 AM »
>"It matters to us. And I really want to meet myself, don't you, Momiji?"
>Proceed toward the mountain.
>"Or, are you saying it doesn't matter because you don't think it's real?"

>The white wolf grins a little. "I'd be lying if I said I was curious."
>Celes nods in answer to your question as you set course towards the mountain. "No, this is real, make no mistake about that. But from what I saw back there, in talking to Marisa, I'm almost certain now that we were, in fact, pulled inside that book."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #135 on: June 30, 2014, 06:43:03 AM »
>"Go on. And, wouldn't that mean it's still fake?"

« Reply #136 on: June 30, 2014, 07:07:07 AM »
>"Go on. And, wouldn't that mean it's still fake?"

>"Think of it more as a pocket universe. The Countess coined the term 'reality marble' for them, but I've always found that description a bit too poetic for these things."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #137 on: June 30, 2014, 07:11:02 AM »
>"Okay, I suppose it's a pocket because it's small. So, how small is it if they need to fix up the barrier? And, why would it be there at all?"

« Reply #138 on: June 30, 2014, 07:29:13 AM »
>"Okay, I suppose it's a pocket because it's small. So, how small is it if they need to fix up the barrier? And, why would it be there at all?"

>"I believe this trap was designed to tailor itself to either the experiences or the desires of the one who first spring it."
>"Marisa and Alice." Momiji says.
>"Precisely. That is what it took the form of Gensokyo, complete with Hakurei Barrier. It's a part of the real Gensokyo, therefore it is here. As for why Ran, at least one Ran, decided to try and change it, that I don't know."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #139 on: June 30, 2014, 07:31:06 AM »
>"So Aya stumbled in, too. And also Sakuya?"

« Reply #140 on: June 30, 2014, 07:58:50 AM »
>"So Aya stumbled in, too. And also Sakuya?"

>"I don't think so. At least, not the Sakuya from our timeline."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #141 on: June 30, 2014, 08:05:41 AM »
>"But the book is in our timeline, so it'd have to be our Sakuya, right?"

« Reply #142 on: June 30, 2014, 08:09:33 AM »
>"But the book is in our timeline, so it'd have to be our Sakuya, right?"

>"Not necessarily. You see, there are at present- or at least there were- two different Sakuya Izayoi's in our timeline."
>"How is that possible?" Momiji blurts.
>"It's a rather complicated issue." Celes admits.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #143 on: June 30, 2014, 08:15:28 AM »
>"Well, it couldn't be Sakuya in our past, because then she'd be gone and we wouldn't have a Sakuya, so... are you saying maybe there's two books or something?"

« Reply #144 on: July 01, 2014, 06:32:23 AM »
>"Well, it couldn't be Sakuya in our past, because then she'd be gone and we wouldn't have a Sakuya, so... are you saying maybe there's two books or something?"

>"Let me explain." Celes starts. "It may take a little time. You see, prior to the events of the Night of Rage, Sakuya- the one from our timeline, was running an errand for her mistress, when she became possessed by the Sin Spirit of Pride. Their merger, however, became complicated by the personalities of the two parties involved. Influenced by Pride's presence, Sakuya refused to release her hold on him."
>"Hold on, I thought you said Pride possessed her." Momiji interrupts.
>"He did. But Sakuya remained the dominant will. I've never known it to happen before, but somehow she imprisoned him within her. And we could not seperate them, not without causing serious, even irreparable damage to both of them. On the Night of Rage, however, Remilia Scarlet paid us a visit, and she found a way to pull them apart. With some help from Meiling Hong and the Spirit of Lust, Remilia was able to separate Sakuya from Pride without harming either of them."
>"At least, that's what we thought at the time." Celes says with a slight sigh. "Unbeknownst to any of us, using her powers over fate that way had unforeseen consequences. Now, this is the part that's the hardest to explain. Somehow, Sakuya was almost overtaken by alternate versions of herself. Sakuyas that never happened." The Keep steward pauses, clearly expecting to have to clarify that.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #145 on: July 01, 2014, 06:39:56 AM »
>"Weird. But okay. So this other Sakuya is pretty much what happened when she took over Pride? I guess that makes some kind of sense. And I guess it means we don't have to worry about bringing her back."

« Reply #146 on: July 01, 2014, 07:27:24 AM »
>"Weird. But okay. So this other Sakuya is pretty much what happened when she took over Pride? I guess that makes some kind of sense. And I guess it means we don't have to worry about bringing her back."

>Celes shakes her head slightly. "Not quite. But a clever guess on your part, if I may say. There were two possibilities that could have overtaken our Sakuya. Remilia was able to stop one, but the other, a vampire hunter, emerged into our world, seperate from our Sakuya."
>"You mean, in another timeline, Sakuya was a vampire hunter, and that version of Sakuya came into our world because of everything that happened to our Sakuya?" Momiji tries to sum up the odd event.
>"In short, yes. Though to be precise, we don't know for sure if the hunter really IS that Sakuya from that timeline, or just some kind of copy. Even Yukari didn't know."
>"How do you know that?"
>"Remilia told us about the events of that night when next we spoke." The steward smirks slightly. "Remilia seemed rather pleased at the thought of solving a problem before Yukari did."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #147 on: July 01, 2014, 07:51:26 AM »
>"So why is another timeline even invovled? And why is she here?"

« Reply #148 on: July 01, 2014, 08:04:34 AM »
>"So why is another timeline even invovled? And why is she here?"

>"It was a side of effect of Remilia using her fate manipulating power to pull apart Sakuya and Pride. That at least is as close as I understand it. Her power is outside of my understanding. As for why the hunter is here inside the book, that I have no idea. She left the Scarlet Devil Manor not long after she emerged into our world. As I understand, she and our Sakuya didn't get along well. Remilia promised to find a way to send her back to her own timeline, but the hunter apparently decided to try and find her own way."
>"You keep calling her 'hunter." Momiji points out.
>With a nod, Celes explains, "I was told that she does not identify herself as Sakuya Izayoi. In fact, she doesn't appear to have a name, at least not one she calls her own."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #149 on: July 01, 2014, 08:14:11 AM »
>"Sounds like a weirdo we ought to keep away from, then."