Author Topic: Reimu Quest (Part 10)  (Read 52994 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Reimu Quest (Part 10)
« Reply #570 on: May 16, 2014, 04:09:53 AM »
>"We don't, until Yukari gets off her duff and decides to be useful, and hopefully doesn't try to sabotage the whole thing to get more leverage for herself. Until then, we just have to wing it."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #571 on: May 16, 2014, 04:17:50 AM »
>"We don't, until Yukari gets off her duff and decides to be useful, and hopefully doesn't try to sabotage the whole thing to get more leverage for herself. Until then, we just have to wing it."

> "Right, then...we'll probably need her for this," Patchouli says.  "Let me see those notes you took."

> _

☆ Check my profile for links to my sites! ☆
[21:12] <OneLoveOnePurvis> *Black as hell and bitter as love. That is coffee.*
[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style
[17:42] <Amra> as she does something out of character

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #572 on: May 16, 2014, 04:21:08 AM »
>"And a few more besides."
>Show them to Patchouli.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #573 on: May 16, 2014, 04:27:30 AM »
>"And a few more besides."
>Show them to Patchouli.

> Patchouli takes your notes, and she and Alice look over them while exchanging troubled murmurs.
> "...How are we going to get half this stuff..."
> "...I know we have a few of these things here but still..."
> "...Not sure if I recognize any of these combinations..."
> "Oh, there's a book and scroll over there," Alice says, pointing to the materials Koakuma brought you.  She hurries over to claim them.

> _

[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #574 on: May 16, 2014, 04:55:46 AM »
>"Yeah, these were more just memory aids and keeping my thoughts from getting too jumbled. But they'll probably help when applied to the real thing."
>"Also, while I'm thinking about it, Patchouli, who was Angrec Windghast? Because she seemed to know an awful lot about how the barrier was made to start with."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #575 on: May 16, 2014, 01:35:49 PM »
>"Yeah, these were more just memory aids and keeping my thoughts from getting too jumbled. But they'll probably help when applied to the real thing."
>"Also, while I'm thinking about it, Patchouli, who was Angrec Windghast? Because she seemed to know an awful lot about how the barrier was made to start with."

> "I see."  Patchouli adjusts her cap.  "I believe Angrec Windghast was a highly accomplished magician who specialized in researching those types of things.  While I was still living in Europe, I'd read some of her works, but unfortunately the last thing she published was in the 1920s.  Oh, that would be around the 40s in Gensokyo time."

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #576 on: May 16, 2014, 07:39:26 PM »
>"Did she ever come here, or watch the barrier get put up? Because there were definitely a lot of details in that scroll."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #577 on: May 16, 2014, 07:56:28 PM »
>"Did she ever come here, or watch the barrier get put up? Because there were definitely a lot of details in that scroll."

> "Perhaps, if there was that much detail," Patchouli says.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #578 on: May 16, 2014, 08:14:42 PM »
>Nod and wait for Alice to get back with the books, and for them to look over stuff.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #579 on: May 16, 2014, 08:25:22 PM »
>Nod and wait for Alice to get back with the books, and for them to look over stuff.

> You wait.  Soon enough, Alice comes back with the book and scroll.  She and Patchouli take them over to the latter's desk, and the two huddle over them while talking amongst themselves.
> "...Well, I knew Yukari was involved..."
> "...I'm going to be honest, not even I know how to do this kind of magic..."
> "...We'll definitely need more people..."
> "...It looks like the blood contract is a separate spell.  Wouldn't it be easier to do that on its own?..."
> "...Who knows what she's thinking..."

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #580 on: May 16, 2014, 08:38:31 PM »
>Give them a minute to work things out.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #581 on: May 16, 2014, 08:45:32 PM »
>Give them a minute to work things out.

> You watch and wait.  You hear a fluttering of wings, and see that Koakuma has returned.  She slips in through the Library's main entrance and, upon seeing Patchouli and Alice in deep conversation, tiptoes around them.  Sakuya follows behind.
> "...In any case, half this stuff I won't be able to get by myself..."
> "...I know, I've never even seen some of it in person..."
> "...Oh, she made a glossary section.  How cute!..."
> "...If she needs to define basic magic terminology she's not cut out for reading this kind of stuff..."
> "...Well, she's a shrine maiden, not a magician..."

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #582 on: May 16, 2014, 08:56:25 PM »
>"Not like you guys weren't busy or anything. And I think I did pretty well, thank you very much."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #583 on: May 16, 2014, 09:06:36 PM »
>"Not like you guys weren't busy or anything. And I think I did pretty well, thank you very much."

> "For a beginner, yes," Patchouli retorts.  "At your level, making a new barrier or fixing the one we have right now would be equally difficult for you."
> "So if we're going to do this, we'll have to get started right away, won't we...?" Alice asks.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #584 on: May 16, 2014, 09:17:00 PM »
>"Hey, I'm plenty good at making barriers, just I didn't learn it like this. But yeah, this project isn't going to be one we can take lightly. So, the first question is, do you think it can be altered so that it can fix the damage in the one we have? That feels like it should be easier."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #585 on: May 16, 2014, 09:47:35 PM »
>"Hey, I'm plenty good at making barriers, just I didn't learn it like this. But yeah, this project isn't going to be one we can take lightly. So, the first question is, do you think it can be altered so that it can fix the damage in the one we have? That feels like it should be easier."

> "It is possible to modify a spell, but with this it's impossible to tell what would need modified," Patchouli rattles off.  "There's also the question of how one changed spell might affect the other spells.  Certain ingredients are volatile and incompatible with others."

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #586 on: May 16, 2014, 09:51:29 PM »
>"So what we we need in order to be able to tell what needs to be modified?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #587 on: May 16, 2014, 09:54:12 PM »
>"So what we we need in order to be able to tell what needs to be modified?"

> "A draft of the original spell," Patchouli says.  "Or an in-depth analysis of each of the pieces that make up the puzzle, so to speak."

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #588 on: May 16, 2014, 10:33:27 PM »
>"I don't suppose either of you would have any idea where to find that without going through Yukari?"
>Boy you really screwed this one up by not keeping a copy around, Hiro.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #589 on: May 16, 2014, 10:49:23 PM »
>"I don't suppose either of you would have any idea where to find that without going through Yukari?"
>Boy you really screwed this one up by not keeping a copy around, Hiro.

> "No, it's very old magic," says Patchouli.  "Far older than Alice and me."
> You internally curse Hiro for being disorganized.  This really could have helped you.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #590 on: May 16, 2014, 10:52:55 PM »
>"Think you could get me a quick list of what we need? And maybe include the materials that the lesser spells don't summon up themselves? I might be able to get Rinnosuke on those; going to have to warn him about the salt spell since he was already knee deep in it."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #591 on: May 16, 2014, 11:16:44 PM »
>"Think you could get me a quick list of what we need? And maybe include the materials that the lesser spells don't summon up themselves? I might be able to get Rinnosuke on those; going to have to warn him about the salt spell since he was already knee deep in it."

> "Right.  Let me just make a list," Patchouli says.  "Koa, how did it look outside."
> "Not so good," Koakuma says, flying over to the desk.
> "Alright."  Patchouli takes a piece of parchment, tears it in half, and starts scribbling on it.  After a minute or so, she hands Koakuma a half sheet of paper.
> "Get me everything on this list from the store room."
> "Yes ma'am," says Koakuma.  She flutters off.
> "Just wait a moment," says Patchouli.  "I'll give you a list of things we don't have here."

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #592 on: May 16, 2014, 11:20:02 PM »
>Nod.
>"So, any advice on who I should round up for this? I am thinking that Byakuren ought to be helpful, at least. She's kind of a magician, isn't she? And maybe some of the hermits."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #593 on: May 16, 2014, 11:25:18 PM »
>Nod.
>"So, any advice on who I should round up for this? I am thinking that Byakuren ought to be helpful, at least. She's kind of a magician, isn't she? And maybe some of the hermits."

> "Just bring the strongest people you know," Patchouli says.  "Or anyone you think would be helpful.  But yes, I'd like as many magicians in on this as possible."
> She hands you a half-sheet of paper.  "Here."

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #594 on: May 16, 2014, 11:27:36 PM »
>Nod and glance over the sheet.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #595 on: May 16, 2014, 11:51:03 PM »
>Nod and glance over the sheet.

> You take a look at the sheet.

INGREDIENTS

> Magma
> Ghost Ore
> Stixima Seeds
> Phylangea Flowers
> Lily of the Valley
> Skulls of Evil Spirits

> "I'm not sure how many of each you will need," Patchouli says.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #596 on: May 16, 2014, 11:54:43 PM »
>Do we know what all of these things are? Particularly those plants and the ghost ore?

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #597 on: May 17, 2014, 12:01:44 AM »
>Do we know what all of these things are? Particularly those plants and the ghost ore?

> You only know about the Lily of the Valley.  The skulls of the evil spirits, unfortunately, implies that you're going to have to approach and kill them for it.  You're not sure how you're going to bring magma back, either.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #598 on: May 17, 2014, 12:06:51 AM »
>"How fresh does this magma need to be? And can you tell me what ghost ore, stixima seeds, and phylangea flowers are?"
>"How much of this stuff do you need?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #599 on: May 17, 2014, 12:12:53 AM »
>"How fresh does this magma need to be? And can you tell me what ghost ore, stixima seeds, and phylangea flowers are?"
>"How much of this stuff do you need?"

> "The magma must still be in liquid form," says Patchouli.  "I'm sure of it.  I believe ghost ore is a transparent stone found in caves.  Stixima seeds are from a flower of the same name...the petals are black and curled inward, and phylangea flowers I believe are similar to hydrangeas, but much smaller and with different coloration--"
> Patchouli starts to cough and wheeze.  Sakuya is at her side in an instant, handing her an L-shaped device which she puts to her mouth and inhales through.

> _