Author Topic: Kancolle  (Read 287446 times)

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
  • Keepin' it vanilla smooth
Re: Kancolle
« Reply #870 on: July 13, 2014, 11:27:11 AM »
Well, 2 tries after posting that I finally got a lucky compass swirl to NE and beat it. This always happens. And people say complaining doesn't help.
My fleet was Kongou/Kirishima/Hiei Kais, Ryuujou Kai, Akagi Kai and Hyuuga Kai.
I'm starting to see why people don't recommend full battleship fleets. I've been burning through those buckets like crazy.
Wish I could use my newly acquired torpedo cruiser and submarine but they are just so useless any way you look at it. Maybe they'll be better in future maps.

Good work. Now prepare to face the true RNG-fest that is 3-2.

wailofthebanshee

• Go away for a bit.
« Reply #871 on: July 13, 2014, 02:36:16 PM »
Good work. Now prepare to face the true RNG-fest that is 3-2.
That's the other map I've been dreading, but I've got a bunch of highly leveled (30-40) destroyers from 1-5 so it's probably not as bad as it could be.

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
« Reply #872 on: July 16, 2014, 06:05:55 AM »
As a reminder,

Tomorrow is a scheduled maintenance!
So get your Kanmusus ready for expiditions before maintenance begins.

As for this maintenance, the devs have said next to nothing on it! This may imply that this maintainance will be to get things ready for the Summer Event.

What we do know however is there will be a short series of updates that'll follow close to each other after this one.

July 28th will be a planned maintenance that will give Haruna her Kai 2 upgrade.

Following that, the first week of August will be the launch of Summer Event (AL/ MI) and the launch of an upgraded CV + new CVs to collect (that include Unryuu class).

....yet today... the Devs decided... to pull this out....

Well at least we got a good idea which CV's getting her upgrade by the time of the Event. Guess I'll have to train her 4 more levels to match Hiryuu...

Update: Staff offically now confirmed Souryuu's coming in the 18th's maintainance! So get her ready! Mine's only 4 levels away from Hiryuu so I anticipate she'll have the same level as her for upgrade.

Also another teaster pic

« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 05:42:04 AM by Totaku »
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

Red Frost

• "Nee-san, is that you?"
  • "I can't tell from down here."
« Reply #873 on: July 17, 2014, 11:54:41 PM »
For some reason I thought maintenance was yesterday.  This explains why no one posted pics of Souryuu Kai II yet.  :V
I want those 6 hours back.

Totaku

« Reply #874 on: July 18, 2014, 05:26:15 AM »
Yeah, Maintaince started a while ago, but I'm here to provide you the stuff as it comes in and as usual, I'll make another post with the notes from this update.

All I can say is brace for Souryuu and planes galore this update.

And here's another teaser!

And just incase you're curious, yes that's Takashige Egusa's plane that he used while working on Souryuu during WWII. He was known as the "God of Divebombing" among the crew.
Now I Twitter

Totaku

« Reply #875 on: July 18, 2014, 10:37:59 AM »
Maintenance is done! And the game is back up and running! As expected this update mainly focused on Souryuu and her planes. So get ready for new quests to do for her and her planes!

So let's summarize what came up this update!

01. CV Souryuu can now be further remodeled
Very high experience is needed (78!)
* No new hourly voices this time
* New carrier planes will come with this refit

02. Souryuu's remodel does not require any blueprints
By fulfilling certain conditions, the new carrier plane squadron can retrain into new aircraft.

03. Additional voices for three Kagero class DDs
DD Kagero, Shiranui, and Kuroshio have new resupply, idle and wedding (kari) voices

04. New voices for CV Akagi
CV Akagi will have new resupply, idle, and wedding (kari) voices.
Additionally she will have a limited time HQ voice until the Summer event start

05. New furniture in the furniture shop
The available furniture has been updated for Summertime
* Fireworks Window
* Inflatable pool
* Beach Floor (Requires furniture fairy)
* Watermelon set (Returning furniture)
* 6th Torpedo Squadron Wallscroll (Returning furniture)

06. Furniture additional info
The new furniture, Fireworks Window, Inflatable Pool, and Beach Floor have special effects.  Enjoy!
* This update's new furniture and returning furniture are Teitoku requests!  Please use the 'contact' form below for any additional requests.

07. Improvements to furniture
The Antique Clock and Fuurin window have been subtly improved.  Please enjoy if you own them!

08. UI Improvements
HQ screen now displays current number of kanmusu and buckets owned in the upper banner.

09. Fixed/Updated equipment display
Fixed/Updated certain text in the equipment encyclopedia
The existing 41cm dual guns has new art

10. New equipment Implemented
* Type 99 Dive Bomber (Ekusa Squadron)
* Suisei (Ekusa Squadron)
* Type 97 Torpedo Bomber (Veteran)
The following equipment can be obtainable via ranking and via new mission
* Prototype 35.6cm Triple Gun

11. 'Friend Invite' function has been removed.
It has been replaced with'Message to the Devs'

12. New missions have been implemented
The following new missions were added
* Reorganize and Improve The 2nd Carrier Fleet
* Sortie the New 2nd Carrier Fleet
* Retraining * This is different than the current aircraft retraining mission
The missions can be accepted when certain conditions are met

Welp, there you go! Now you gotta prep her and get her ready. While getting yourself for Midway. And get ready for those work on the 2nd Carrire Fleet once more the bring out the best in Souryuu.

Also have a pic of Souryuu in her Kai 2 form.

Also don't forget: Haruna's upgrade due in 10 days from now. And then following the next update afterward, MI / AL!

Also an important note: For the 2nd Carrier Division's sortie quest you're going to 4-3 now with the same set up like before (Souryuu Kai 2 + Hiryuu Kai 2 + 2 DD + 2 other ships) and scoring an S rank. (Also Souryuu needs to be the flagship)

Good luck making it to the boss with that combination....

And another fun note: Akagi's new pre-Midway line...
"Um, Admiral? Is it true that our next operation is to be 'Operation MI'?" (Midway)

Yes Akagi, that'll be you're next operation, prepare to relive your greatest fear once more! (Along with your comrades!) >:D
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 10:58:17 AM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Totaku

« Reply #876 on: July 25, 2014, 06:17:09 PM »
Just to give a heads up to you all, Haruna's update should be coming out in roughly 2 days from now. So hopefully you all have worked on Haruna till she's around level 75 since that'll likely be her upgrade level.

In the meantime, the Kancolle staff revealed that Kadokawa has release pre-orders for thier official soundtrack as of yesterday. Thier Quota has been reached in less than 24 hours with pre orders and plan to get more ready soon. So if you want to order the Kancolle soundtrack you can get it here at KOrder once they get more preorders ready..

In the meantime, more info about the Summer Event, Operation AL / MI has been released thanks to an interview in Famitsu Magazine!

So far we know the following that has come from the magazine interview regarding the event:

1. 4+ ships will be planned for this update
2. Kanmusus who have been mentioned by name but have not appeared in the game will be introduced.
3. Oyodo has been mentioned in this interview so she may be potentially one of the new ships to be released this event (you know her as the Quest Kanmusus)

Regarding the Event itself, be prepared for the following:
1. Prepare for the two stage/two front battle
2. May need more than one strong fleet
3. Aircraft carriers will have the spotlight (New planes? New system?)
4. 8/8 is the assumed start date

If this is correct, then we may be leading more than one fleet into the battle feild. Because it seems the staff is strongly urging us to have more than one strong fleet ready for this. I wonder how this'll play out? Otherwise, I figured CVs and CVLs will take center stage during this event. So I'm doing my best to prepare them.

Other than that, I guess it's clear that the 8th of August will be the start date most likely.

So that gives us roughly 2 weeks to prepare for this. I can only hope we'll be ready for this event because it sounds like it's going to be intense!

So how's everyone prepping for the event?

At my current stand point, Team Midway CVs are ready, Junyou, Hiyou, Ryuujou, and Shouhou are ready. Have Ayanami, Myoukou, Hiei and Haruna ready for Kai Ni treatment. And my current stock consist of 83k fuel, 84k ammo, 67k steel, and 50k Bauxite and 380 buckets.

I've spent a lot of my time training for the event, but I think I may need to consist stock piling, cause it sounds like this event might be pretty deep.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 06:23:53 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #877 on: July 25, 2014, 09:34:30 PM »
Hrm... Hopefully I've got enough resources for this.

I should be fine strength-wise since I've got Chiyoda, Chitose, Junyou, Hiyou, and Akagi all remodeled with Ryuujou at her Kai. I've got all of the Kongou sisters sans Haruna Kai Ni'd as well, and I'm working on Haruna and Hiryuu at the moment too. Got a couple of other battleships to fall back on plus a couple of aviation cruisers, so hopefully this'll be enough.

My resources are all around 20k though and I've got about 110 buckets, so I guess we'll see. I'd hate to miss out on the awesome rewards though since I only got as far as completing E-2 in the last event.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

highzealot

• The Highly Zealous Let's Playing Wolf Lord
  • Suika and Russ: Ultimate Drinking Buddies
« Reply #878 on: July 26, 2014, 09:41:31 PM »
I think I'm fairly prepared. Got 128k fuel, 167k ammo, 124k steel, 89k bauxite and 798 buckets. There will be no repeat of my Fall E-4 attempt at this rate I hope.

My standard carriers from highest to lowest levels are Akagi (95), Kaga (94), Hiryuu (77), Souryuu (68 could be better), Taihou (67), Zuikaku (46) and Shoukaku (45).

Light carriers I have ready are Chitose (97) and Chiyoda (53).

Strongest battleships I have are Nagato (98), Kongou (94), Hiei (78), Yamato (64) and BBV Hyuuga (62).

Other ships that deserve mention that may see use in the event are Верный (91), CAV Tone (70), Yuudachi (68), Shimakaze (67), Choukai (66), Shigure (64), Jintsuu (60) and Noshiro (56).

Other ships that deserve mention that may not see use in the event are Imuya/I-168 (122), Kitakami (99), Ooi (99), Kiso (97).

Image of a list of my aircraft

Abraham Lincoln

• Mendelssohn for President 2016
  • Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #879 on: July 27, 2014, 12:16:58 AM »
I'm only a lowly player, I hope this event won't be too difficult to pass.

Totaku

« Reply #880 on: July 27, 2014, 07:45:18 PM »
I'm only a lowly player, I hope this event won't be too difficult to pass.

If the events behave like it did last event then you'll have a chance to make some progress since the event usually adjust according to your admiral level.

Weak enemies usually are placed in from level 1-40 then after 40 they become stronger, and they become thier strongest at 80. (This is based the Spring event's threshold)

So don't get too worried. You should be able to participate. Just do your best that you can to get ready.

Anyways, as a reminder, in a few hours, maintenance will commence and Haruna's update will begin to be implemented. So get your expidition team ready for tonight.

In fact, there's already teaser images of Haruna that have been put up from the devs.

Hope you all have her ready...

Here's also hope that Konishi done it right this time since he's been give extra time to work on Haruna compared to the rest of the sisters.
Now I Twitter

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #881 on: July 27, 2014, 08:11:30 PM »
People were saying the previews make it look strikingly similar to Fusou.

Abraham Lincoln

• Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #882 on: July 27, 2014, 11:58:37 PM »
People were saying the previews make it look strikingly similar to Fusou.
She strongly resembles a certain shrine maiden too.
Ironically, today was the day of her sinking. Poor thing.

Totaku

« Reply #883 on: July 28, 2014, 06:09:28 AM »
She strongly resembles a certain shrine maiden too.
Ironically, today was the day of her sinking. Poor thing.

Well yeah she does resemble one of those unlike sisters pose wise. But we'll see how she turns out.
As for the timing. I'm not too surprised since they've released a few Kanmusus on the month of thier sinking. But Haruna was a bit surprising only because they chose the EXTACT DAY to bring her kai ni in to place.

As everyone knows: Maintenance is currently going on as we speak, but the devs announced the maintenance will be completed 30 minutes earlier than the expected time it usually ends so we should be able to see Haruna even sooner.

As usual, I expect to release the full notes upon the release of the update.

In the meantime though.... have some more Haruna.
Now I Twitter

Totaku

« Reply #884 on: July 28, 2014, 07:39:32 AM »
Maintainance is over! And we have a lot of changes that occrued this time, not just with Haruna, but with music, voices, and most notable of all the way guns function depending on thier load weight.

So let me give you the notes from this update:

01. Fast BB Haruna can now be further refitted
With extremely high experience, Haruna can be further refitted
* Haruna Kai Ni will have new hourly notification voices
* Also includes new Equipment

02. Haruna Kai Ni implemented today will not need blueprints
In addition, Haruna Kai, Haruna Kai ni will have new resupply, idle, and wedding (kari) HQ voices.

03. HQ limit has been raised to 200 ships
* Equipment slots will also be raised with the ship limit.

04. Fast BBs can now equip Type 91 AP Shells
Kongo, Haruna, etc can now use the AP shell

05. CV Kaga new voices implemented
Kaga Kai now has new HQ voices
BB Kirishima  Kai/Kai Ni now has new Resupply and idle voices

06. New BGM 'The Beautiful 2nd Torpedo Squadron' has been implemented for the battle BGM in the southern waters (World 5)

07. New BGM for late maps
The spring event final stage BGM ?Dawn on the Horizon (inst ver.)' has been placed in 2-4, 5-2's boss BGM
'5th Fleet Sortie' and 'Reconnaissance planes, launch!' have been implemented as battle BGMs

08. Display changes and Networking bug fixes
35.6cm and 46cm guns will get new art
Fixed bug where an error would occur when recalling ships from expeditions

09. Additional effects when equipping main guns
Equipping main guns that fit the ship will slightly increase accuracy during day and night battles
If guns that are too heavy is equipped, then it will lower accuracy

10. New Missions Implemented
The following new missions added
* Form up the elite 3rd Fleet!
* BB Haruna Sortie!
Finish the prerequisite missions and these will become available

11. New equipment implemented
35.6cm Dual Guns (Dazzle Camouflage)

12. Additional info
The main gun bonus and penalty is not very significant
* Maps can be undertaken with current equipment
* But if you overload your ships with many heavy guns then the difference will be noticiable

And from what I heard, Haruna's upgrade level is the highest of all the Kanmusus to date! She need to be at level 80 (I'm not kidding!)

But yeah there's a lot we're going to need to experiement with because of the new gun changes since now the weight of the guns can affect the Kanmusu's performance in battle. This was mentioned long ago, but it seems now it's being put into effect as of now.

Now enjoy your Haruna.

Haruna Kai Ni
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 07:43:05 AM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Abraham Lincoln

• Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #885 on: July 28, 2014, 08:01:10 AM »
Haruna Kai Ni

That's a beautiful picture. Now time to murder my resources in a futile attempt to construct her and Hiei-kron.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #886 on: July 28, 2014, 09:07:08 AM »
She gonna give them the razzle dazzle.

Red Frost

• "Nee-san, is that you?"
  • "I can't tell from down here."
« Reply #887 on: July 28, 2014, 11:31:21 AM »
Haruna Kai Ni

... I'd Kai Ni that.

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #888 on: July 28, 2014, 12:39:50 PM »
Alright, this game is apparently a big thing. From what I can glean it's an rpg of sorts, at least having a bunch of units which you can gather in teams and upgrade over time. That's fairly appealing, and the theme seems okay as well. On the other hand, I've heard of extensive waiting times, and (do please correct me if I'm wrong) you have to win a lottery to get in and it is as of yet utterly untranslated. So here's my question: is it worth the hassle? My armchair impression of it is, pardon the vernacular, one of a Facebook game with tits slapped on. Does it have enough else going for it to warrant the trouble?

« Reply #889 on: July 28, 2014, 01:53:42 PM »
Yes. God yes.

A whole new world of Doujin awaits.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 01:55:54 PM by Labuto »

Totaku

« Reply #890 on: July 28, 2014, 02:07:01 PM »
Alright, this game is apparently a big thing. From what I can glean it's an rpg of sorts, at least having a bunch of units which you can gather in teams and upgrade over time. That's fairly appealing, and the theme seems okay as well. On the other hand, I've heard of extensive waiting times, and (do please correct me if I'm wrong) you have to win a lottery to get in and it is as of yet utterly untranslated. So here's my question: is it worth the hassle? My armchair impression of it is, pardon the vernacular, one of a Facebook game with tits slapped on. Does it have enough else going for it to warrant the trouble?

Well if I had a good way of explaining it, I would explain it like this:

Starting back with where started your post, yes, the game does have a little bit of an RPG element to it at least in terms of leveling up ship girls and improving thier stats and upgrading them. Course it should be noted that combat is also RNG based as well. But most of the time, you can do well as long as you take the time to train and pick the right formations to gain the edge in the battle.

In term of wait time to getting accepted in the game. It's not difficult if you follow all the instructions in how to register and know when the lottery takes place. Then you shouldn't have much difficulty getting into the game as long as you follow the instructions and get into the lottery. Most players can easily get in within the first lottery. There's been a few occasions where it took them up to 3 lotteries for the players to get in.

But once you win the lottery, you are in for good and won't need to worry about it any more. If you want to get in my best advice would be to go over to the Kancolle Wikia for advice. Prefferably there two links will be most important for you in terms of helping you prepare for the lottery since you will need to get a VPN to access it. (It technically restricted to Japan players, but they know foreign players come in to play as well so they don't mind them)

http://kancolle.wikia.com/wiki/Tutorial:_How_to_Register
http://kancolle.wikia.com/wiki/Tutorial:_Proxy_Connection

The game itself is not translated, but the Wikia does however have translations to almost all of the material. So you can depend on that to look up whatever you need to know. Thankfully the game is easy enough to navigate that after a few you get use to the interface, it almost become muscle memory so it shouldn't be a problem even if you don't know Japanese to learn most of the basics. (You might still need the Wikia to look up names and equipment, and tips on playing through stages, but that's about it.)

Now on to your main question: Is it worth it and does it have what anything else to offer? The short answer is yes, if you play long enough, you'll eventually see why it's worth the time as content becomes available. Also there's a lot of fan content and official content out there as well!

The long answer to this is this: The game mainly has you playing as an admiral as you maintain and work with ship girls that you train and collect a-la Pokemon style. Yet at the same time you're also needing to make sure you take good care of them as they battle the enemy fleets because they will get damaged and if they do get critically damaged and move to the next map without returning for repairs, then they'll sink, and unlike pokemon... they're gone... for good (Till you can find another one)

Building and repairing ship girls takes time depending on thier stats and level. Which can range from minutes to hours. But thankfully the game does make things easier for you with using expidtions (which other fleets in your team can do) can go to pick up important instant repairs and resources. And also you can do quests to help speed things up as you go. The game is helpful enough to give you items that can instantly repair your ships on a daily basis. So even if you didn't want to wait, you could use said item you get from quest or expedition to repair or build your ship girl right away.

This in turn mean you can ultimately choose how to play the game at your own pace. Which is good because you can decide how to pace out how much time you want to invest into it.

As for the game itself: The main part of the game, if you spend your time grinding and training can take at least a few months to get through. But there are a few reasons players continue to play after the main maps are completed. One reason that makes players keep playing after the main part of the game is because of the seasonal events maps that come every season. These event maps come out once a season and are based after naval events from WWII. And during these events you can earn rare equipment, new ship girls that are somewhat exclusive(for a few months to almost a year till they're re-released in the main game later to find if you weren't able to get them from said event.) PLayers usually will take the opportunity to stock up on resources and train for these to see if they can successfully win them.

Alternatively, people also continue to play to of course collect ship girls. Cause it is a collection game after all. And some shipgirl are easier to find than others thus you'll be revisiting maps till you get them. Or go through extensive construction till you make the rare ship girl you're seeking.

Finally, the game is very free-to-win. You don't necessarily need to spend money to really beat the game or win the events if you know what you're doing. So you don't have to invest in money to expand docks or add more space for more shipsgirls to stay if you choose not to. They give you a bit of a relief and comfort at most. In fact most items that you can purchase with real money, I would say are not worth it unless you're aiming to collect all the ship girls, or need to make more room to repair ship girls in larger numbers (you start with 2 repair docks by default) So again, it's entirely optional.

So yeah I think this game expands beyond the standard point of a typical browser game. Since they team put a whole lot of effort into the game, it's connection to actual ships from WWII, along with the character art and voices. And thanks to it getting it's attention back last year from twitter, it's popularity magnified to greater levels than even the devlopers anticipated, thus now it has a large following, with besides the game itself, there are lots of doujins, 6 offical manga, 3 light novels and an upcoming anime that should be coming out in the next few month.

I hope the information I provided you has given some insight on the game and how it has grown. If you feel you need more assistance, don't be afraid to ask.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 02:33:29 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #891 on: July 28, 2014, 04:14:37 PM »
snips abound

Wow. Thanks for devoting your time to this random stranger, sir or madam. I wouldn't have made the effort myself. Commendable.

I believe I'm pretty much sold, then! Now to get in. With some headaches, I've managed to procure the proxy connection as well as DMM.com registration. There's even a lottery tweet for today (Japan's today, that is), though be it without time stamp as of yet. Here's hoping.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #892 on: July 29, 2014, 12:49:52 AM »
Meanwhile, during the who Haruna K2 hype, POI! confirmed for Kancolle animu

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #893 on: July 29, 2014, 01:25:32 AM »
Meanwhile, during the who Haruna K2 hype, POI! confirmed for Kancolle animu

Oh dear lord, she's absolutely adorable.

The anime keeps looking better and better.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Abraham Lincoln

• Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #894 on: July 29, 2014, 10:48:04 AM »
Wow. Thanks for devoting your time to this random stranger, sir or madam. I wouldn't have made the effort myself. Commendable.

I believe I'm pretty much sold, then! Now to get in. With some headaches, I've managed to procure the proxy connection as well as DMM.com registration. There's even a lottery tweet for today (Japan's today, that is), though be it without time stamp as of yet. Here's hoping.

Well, if you don't manage to pass the lottery on the first try, there's no need to be disheartened - pick yourself up and attempt the lottery another day. The average count is approximately 2-4 tries to get past the raffle. Perhaps you could enter the lottery a few minutes earlier to increase your chances of being selected. Also, do not forget to set your timezone to JST. You don't need to clear your cache, though.

In conclusion, best of luck to you my friend!  :V Hope you pass it quickly

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #895 on: July 29, 2014, 11:24:47 AM »
Why, that went far smoother than expected! I must've been right on the mark with pressing the start button. Never even had to refresh!

Here I go, then. Better hope I didn't miss any extremely important announcements in all that introduction monologue.

I nearly forgot - thanks again for making me aware of all the precautions, y'all!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 11:27:12 AM by SirChaotick »

« Reply #896 on: July 29, 2014, 12:33:25 PM »
Hurrah, congratulations.

Totaku

« Reply #897 on: July 29, 2014, 01:26:28 PM »
Congratulation on now offically joining the ranks as Teitoku SirChaotick, may your chances of earning shipgirls in your fleet live long!

Now on to some other important news. It has been mentioned before but it's now offical on the Dev's Twitter.

Summer Event "Operation AL / Operation MI" is now set to come out on August 8th!

So now's the time to stock up, prepare your fleets and get them ready. The event draws near and will be taking place real soon.

More information regarding the event will likely be revealed on the days toward the update.

As advices for the more experienced Teitokus, get what you can ready since we'll have to deal with a challenge ahead for us.

And for the newer Teitokus, my advice is to take it easy and get use to the game first. Once you get a better idea how the game works, then maybe you can take an attempt at winning some of the event maps since they are usually scaled to rank level.

But anyways, we have only 11 days to prepare, let's make the best of it as we get ready for AL and MI.
Now I Twitter

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #898 on: July 30, 2014, 06:32:19 PM »
Reporting! Tossing out various things I think to have noticed. Accost me if I'm wrong.

Game's pretty cool so far. It's still quite a bother to actually play - it seems like once you depart, every screen needs a couple minutes of loading time before it's operational again. Still, what I've seen is good. Crafting different armaments to put on the shipbroads allows for plenty of customization.

I'm not too sure if I'm doing the crafting right. I'm pretty much tossing the sliders around at random, working under one assumption: tossing more stuff at it probably makes it more rare. Furthermore, upping the sliders seems to increase the chance of a light cruiser instead of a destroyer. I think the former is a bit slower and tougher.
 I've only gotten stuff in various hues of blue, which I think means "drab". There's just one exception: I got a gold-hued light cruiser, and through the image list on the wiki I saw her name's "Yuubari". Is that at all rare, and if so, good for being a rare?

Totaku

« Reply #899 on: July 30, 2014, 08:40:54 PM »
Reporting! Tossing out various things I think to have noticed. Accost me if I'm wrong.

Game's pretty cool so far. It's still quite a bother to actually play - it seems like once you depart, every screen needs a couple minutes of loading time before it's operational again. Still, what I've seen is good. Crafting different armaments to put on the shipbroads allows for plenty of customization.

I'm not too sure if I'm doing the crafting right. I'm pretty much tossing the sliders around at random, working under one assumption: tossing more stuff at it probably makes it more rare. Furthermore, upping the sliders seems to increase the chance of a light cruiser instead of a destroyer. I think the former is a bit slower and tougher.
 I've only gotten stuff in various hues of blue, which I think means "drab". There's just one exception: I got a gold-hued light cruiser, and through the image list on the wiki I saw her name's "Yuubari". Is that at all rare, and if so, good for being a rare?

Mmmm Are you playing the game while the VPN is still on? VPN tend to sometimes lag when in constant use thus causing things to load slower. (At least if you have a non stable one that's the case). Have you considered trying the VPN on / off method?

It's a method I use to play the game and to help avoid the lag all at the same time. Basiclly do the same method you do to get into the game via VPN. Then once you are in your office. Go to your quest section. Once that section load and you see your quest Kanmusu. Turn the VPN off.

The reason for this is because the quest section is generally the last section that loads. Thus once you disconnect the VPN after that loads, you're free to move about the game without question.

The only thing you have to deal with is a message that'll pop up that'll say there's an error with the browser and asks you to refresh every 30 minutes. Just hit cancel and keep going.

Another alternative method is to get the API link. Which you can inspect the elements of the webpage and find the API code you'll be looking for by finding api_token or mainD2.swf

You'll need to copy the API link and then you can run Kancolle through the API link without running the VPN.

As an important word of caution. I have heard before that people had been banned before when they used API links that had been the same for a long time. So I advice you start up the VPN and get a new API link during the following occasions:

Once every maintenance, and once at the start of the month. The start of the month is especially important because that's when monthly maps roll over and you'll need to a new API that indicates you started playing again on the new month. Thus allowing you to play the challenges to earn rewards again.

And by crafting I am assuming "Ship Construction". Well for starters, constructing ship girls requires you use specific formulas to make things work torwards you favor. Keep in mind that it's still pretty random.

And depending on how much you spend, will affect the ship type rather than the rarity of the ship. So if you're aiming for big ships you'll want to invest more in specific resources.

I would recommend looking up more on this via the Wikia. There are a number of forumulas players use that usually churn out good results.
http://kancolle.wikia.com/wiki/Construction

And yeah the colors indicate thier rarity. Blue is common, and other backgrounds consist that they can be rarer.

Yuubari, as you have mentioned is actually a pretty good light cruiser to have in your fleet. She is rare (and her gold background is well fitting in the process) and one thing that is special about her is that unlike more light cruisers, she actually comes with one more equip slot compared to other light cruisers. So when she gets upgraded, she'll have 4 equipment slots. This'll make Yuubari pretty customizable for combat if you have the right equipment for her. The only flaw Yuubari has is she's vulnerable since she has a much lower set of HP compare to other light cruisers.

And yes on most occasions rare ships tend to be better, but some common ships are also good. It's a matter on who you train and who you feel confrotable with and who you like pretty much.
Now I Twitter