Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 11F  (Read 279267 times)

Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 11F
« Reply #750 on: September 29, 2013, 07:38:48 PM »
So I think that the newest patch bugged the mokou event. I beat Kaguya, spoke to Eirin, did wriggle's event and recruited her, and mokou is nowhere to be found on 4F. What gives?

Sahgren

« Reply #751 on: September 29, 2013, 08:07:37 PM »
I'm going off of Google Translate so I'll need this double checked, but the Japanese wiki says that you need to talk to
Spoiler:
Reisen
on the far eastern side of 3F after recruiting Wriggle.

Edit: I'm thinking we should probably move the spoilers on characters at least to whom you can recruit on 6F. At the very least because our wiki is set up as 4F-6F, so people checking the wiki for the 4F and 5F characters get spoiled for the 6F characters anyways.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 08:09:47 PM by Sahgren »

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #752 on: September 29, 2013, 08:57:34 PM »
I'm going off of Google Translate so I'll need this double checked, but the Japanese wiki says that you need to talk to
Spoiler:
Reisen
on the far eastern side of 3F after recruiting Wriggle.

Edit: I'm thinking we should probably move the spoilers on characters at least to whom you can recruit on 6F. At the very least because our wiki is set up as 4F-6F, so people checking the wiki for the 4F and 5F characters get spoiled for the 6F characters anyways.
For Mokou, that is exactly what I had to do to make her show up as a boss.

Yeah, making it "anyone past 6F" sounds smart to me.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #753 on: October 03, 2013, 03:07:03 PM »
I should probably point out the wikistrats for 12F boss
Spoiler:
Tenshi
are very obsolete because the boss has much higher DEF/MND and will spam their nuke forever if you debuff either of those stats at all. You pretty much -have- to use moves that heavily pierce or completely ignore def/mnd, or it just won't work, even if you buff up.

It really is too bad most people have played through before 1.4, because they actually do seem to have corrected the difficulty issues as far as I can tell from my playthrough!

also I'll just drop this here (12f boss spoilers?)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 03:16:54 PM by Serela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Gesh86

• Buddha may forgive you...
  • but Byakuren won't!
« Reply #754 on: October 03, 2013, 08:10:57 PM »
Spoiler:
Tenshi
are very obsolete because the boss has much higher DEF/MND and will spam their nuke forever if you debuff either of those stats at all. You pretty much -have- to use moves that heavily pierce or completely ignore def/mnd, or it just won't work, even if you buff up.

Yeah, that's the way I did it as well. If you debuff too much there, you'll just kill yourself. I've thought of correcting a few of the wikistrats where appropriate, but for a while, I kind of haven't gotten around to it / forgot about it again.

Maybe I'll get around to it tomorrow now that I've actually beaten the game and therefore won't be so addicted to it anymore. The final boss was faaaaaaaantastic in my opinion. The whole game was, really. There's few encounters I didn't like or thought were too straightforward or not clever.

Now if only the seemingly huge post-game was already in place...

jaxter0987

• Umiiro Shoujo ni Miserarete
  • Umi is love, Umi is life
« Reply #755 on: October 03, 2013, 09:57:38 PM »
Spoiler:
Tenshi

It really is too bad most people have played through before 1.4, because they actually do seem to have corrected the difficulty issues as far as I can tell from my playthrough!

I would like to concur that the strategies written for the bosses are likely obsolete since patch 1.14. I wrote all of them before 1.141, which was the big balance patch for the game.

That said though, I haven't felt the need the change any of the strategies for the bosses since I switched over to 1.141 during my synergy run. I've used the same strategies and I haven't had trouble. I haven't gotten to the end game floor bosses but to me, the strategies are just fine. We'll probably have to edit some of the strategies that assumes Heavy lowers defenses but Heavy is still a great ailment for the lowering the Speed of bosses.

Going to link this one more time since I have it set to unlisted so you wouldn't be able to view it without having access to the link. Maybe I should make all the LoT2 videos public but then I would risk getting a copyright infraction.
Spoilers
Spoiler:
As you can see, Tenshi didn't cast Violent Motherland at all during this run, and she's rarely ever used it when I refought her multiple times for all her drops. This video was made in the 1.141 patch by the way.

While Kaguya did do a significant amount of damage thanks to her 90% Mind ignoring skill, Reisen was also racking up damage on Tenshi with only her 50% Mind ignoring after Tenshi was debuffed. I just read over the information and it clearly states that debuffs are the way to go, paving the way for heavy Dark attackers. Lets not forget that Hina has an insane Dark attack in Pain Flow and she wasn't nerfed at all.

I agree that most of the information for all boss fights in general are likely dated, but this strategy worked and still works just fine in the latest patch.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #756 on: October 04, 2013, 12:24:35 AM »
Um... no? D:

With the latest patch if you debuff the boss's def or mnd at all she will not stop using the nuke. This isn't something I just saw happen once or twice and assumed to be a pattern- for example, when trying to make Kogasa deal damage I got her MND to a debuffed state and the nuke was used 5 times in a row until I party wiped, and that's not the only time I experienced the effects. I still have the save so I can confirm/gift it to you if you'd like :V

It's possible the boss was changed after 1.141 if it conflicts with your own experience.

...and why would you risk a copyright infraction? Lots of people have uploaded ThLaby2 videos o_o

Also, in terms of beating the boss,
Spoiler:
you can still use a 9f strat of cheesing the boss having someone in the far left slot buff up and take Scarlet Swords to the face forever. With a first aid kit and two Intamas, an Energy Tank or something else good, and an appropriate character for the job, it's not too hard. Guardian or Enhancer as a subclass to be able to self-buff themselves up when needed is nice, or maybe Healer for self-heal if they aren't Mokou and need to worry. Scarlet Sword will target the farthest left character who has enough buffs, so people in the far right with a way higher buff total are safe. Unlike 9f, it's even really easy for Cirno to debuff Tenshi's speed and/or people using Repulsion for Heavy- making the onslaught a non-issue to manage.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 01:28:30 AM by Serela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Sahgren

« Reply #757 on: October 04, 2013, 02:07:12 AM »
It's possible the boss was changed after 1.141 if it conflicts with your own experience.

True. It's very possible that it changed for both 1.141 and after 1.141. I faced that boss just a few days before 1.141 hit and remember eating nuke spam if I either buffed my party or got the boss' defenses into the negatives. I was a little surprised that Jax wasn't suffering the same fate when he went through it in 1.141.

A question: Does the nuke spam start the moment a debuff lands or when the boss is actually debuffed in Defense/Mind? Cause if it's the second, you should at least be able to debuff the defense buffs off.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #758 on: October 04, 2013, 02:14:25 AM »
The second. But, as far as I can tell, the only moves worth using are those that (almost) entirely ignore the stat in the first place... Super Scope has better damage then I notice people getting with Master Sparks, as far as I've seen (which, admittedly, isn't a whole lot) and it did almost nothing at full buffs and a few levels of overheat with low boss def. The other people in my team couldn't do anything either, even though Kogasa was hitting terror pretty well.

Of course, Leaning Iron Mountain is out, because of high nature resistance. Rumia, Utsuho, Kaguya, and Satori come to mind; especially if you can combo Satori with Rumia so they can stack their damage-boosting skills together, I think (Satori boosts the dark weakness damage and has superior MAG for Rumia's skills, while Rumia grants humanoid boost)

I haven't gotten around to actually beating the fight, though. Testing out Mokou as a buff-counter tank went so splendidly that there should be no issues, though- I didn't even need resurrection for long enough that I could have beaten the fight if I had any offense (overheating lv32 didn't work out) and I could've gone way longer if I had given
Spoiler:
Sanae
the Expansion of Consciousness passive. I might bring in Minoriko for being well-suited to this specific situation.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 02:16:20 AM by Serela »

Gesh86

• Buddha may forgive you...
  • but Byakuren won't!
« Reply #759 on: October 04, 2013, 07:00:59 AM »
Maybe I should make all the LoT2 videos public but then I would risk getting a copyright infraction.

If you've gotten copyright notices because of the music from recruitment-battles, they're disputable. You can tell them this music-track is available to anyone and that their system misidentified it (which is exactly what happened). I disputed a claim like this about a month ago and the copyright notice vanished just recently.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 07:02:57 AM by Gesh86 »

« Reply #760 on: October 04, 2013, 10:38:42 AM »
Spoiler:
Tenshi

But this is actually the easiest way to defeat the boss. It's what I did anyway, and I was underleveled for the fight and still won with ease after struggling a lot with it.

You'll need 3 tanks and
Spoiler:
Kasen
with high nature resistance. the characters I used for tanking were Keine, Komachi, and
Spoiler:
Iku
. You want to inflict heavy on her in some way, and completely neuter her defense with
Spoiler:
Iku
. This will force her to use the nature nuke every single turn, which is far better than any other option and makes her extremely predictable, and because of the nature resist, while the damage won't be laughable for anyone other than komachi, you can deal with it and no one will die. It also leaves you available to buff, since she won't use Sword of "You were stupid enough to buff yourself". Then just have a good dark attacker wail on her while switching her out for someone else, reapplying heavy as needed, I had
Spoiler:
Kasen
doing over 20K with her dark attack.

This strat made her a cakewalk.

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #761 on: October 04, 2013, 01:07:00 PM »
But this is actually the easiest way to defeat the boss. It's what I did anyway, and I was underleveled for the fight and still won with ease after struggling a lot with it.

You'll need 3 tanks and
Spoiler:
Kasen
with high nature resistance. the characters I used for tanking were Keine, Komachi, and
Spoiler:
Iku
. You want to inflict heavy on her in some way, and completely neuter her defense with
Spoiler:
Iku
. This will force her to use the nature nuke every single turn, which is far better than any other option and makes her extremely predictable, and because of the nature resist, while the damage won't be laughable for anyone other than komachi, you can deal with it and no one will die. It also leaves you available to buff, since she won't use Sword of "You were stupid enough to buff yourself". Then just have a good dark attacker wail on her while switching her out for someone else, reapplying heavy as needed, I had
Spoiler:
Kasen
doing over 20K with her dark attack.

This strat made her a cakewalk.

I find that to be the opposite really. With that strategy you run the risk of having your damage dealer(s) get taken out if you're not careful enough, and it seems like that requires more work than tanking
Spoiler:
Sword of Scarlet Perception[/s].

Just
Spoiler:
Give Meiling a Guardian Subclass, give her skills that will reduce damage taken, then put Minoriko in to buff Meiling's Defense and provide some backup healing.  Then using Rumia, Utsuho, and any other defense ignoring Spellcards, you'll just easily beat her. Alternatively, use the Spellcard from Guardian to raise Meiling's Defense instead of Minoriko, but risk lowering your Speed. And considering Tenshi's attack is Spirit, and by this point you can have 2 Star of Elendil items, you can equip both of them to raise her Defense and Spirit affinity, which is already pretty high, and one high defense item.

In other news, I'm done waiting for an update so I want to do a hard mode run. Trying to decide if I want to take all characters with me or not.

« Reply #762 on: October 04, 2013, 02:55:13 PM »
I find that to be the opposite really. With that strategy you run the risk of having your damage dealer(s) get taken out if you're not careful enough, and it seems like that requires more work than tanking
Spoiler:
Sword of Scarlet Perception[/s].

Just
Spoiler:
Give Meiling a Guardian Subclass, give her skills that will reduce damage taken, then put Minoriko in to buff Meiling's Defense and provide some backup healing.  Then using Rumia, Utsuho, and any other defense ignoring Spellcards, you'll just easily beat her. Alternatively, use the Spellcard from Guardian to raise Meiling's Defense instead of Minoriko, but risk lowering your Speed. And considering Tenshi's attack is Spirit, and by this point you can have 2 Star of Elendil items, you can equip both of them to raise her Defense and Spirit affinity, which is already pretty high, and one high defense item.

In other news, I'm done waiting for an update so I want to do a hard mode run. Trying to decide if I want to take all characters with me or not.
You're never actually at a risk of dying. Kasen was only being hit fir 1100 out of her 1500 health before buffs/debuffs.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #763 on: October 04, 2013, 03:18:14 PM »
Okay, hands-down-best strat for 12F boss found. >_> (I'm Tumalu yes)

Spoiler:
[11:12:27 AM] Tumalu Etc.: mokou+sakuya+satori+rumia starting line for tenshi
[11:12:46 AM] Tumalu Etc.: sakuya lunar clocks 4 times with Ex.Attack and mokou switches her for Keine to buff mag
[11:13:06 AM] Tumalu Etc.: satori and rumia damage Tenshi enough she focuses turn 1 and then dies before she nukes

Only 1 proc of extra attack would've been fine (0 wouldn't be a big deal you just have to switch some) and Mokou was completely superfluous because I never actually needed a tank. Rumia was subbed with Sorc but really there was nothing special done to her nor Satori, they actually had pretty low library levels because they're not really in my party this run.
Oh god this is just laughable.

« Reply #764 on: October 04, 2013, 10:47:47 PM »
Okay, hands-down-best strat for 12F boss found. >_> (I'm Tumalu yes)

Spoiler:
[11:12:27 AM] Tumalu Etc.: mokou+sakuya+satori+rumia starting line for tenshi
[11:12:46 AM] Tumalu Etc.: sakuya lunar clocks 4 times with Ex.Attack and mokou switches her for Keine to buff mag
[11:13:06 AM] Tumalu Etc.: satori and rumia damage Tenshi enough she focuses turn 1 and then dies before she nukes

Only 1 proc of extra attack would've been fine (0 wouldn't be a big deal you just have to switch some) and Mokou was completely superfluous because I never actually needed a tank. Rumia was subbed with Sorc but really there was nothing special done to her nor Satori, they actually had pretty low library levels because they're not really in my party this run.
Oh god this is just laughable.

They really nerfed the difficulty from the first game huh? I've never felt pushed to the limit with bosses in this game, whereas bosses like Alice and
Spoiler:
eientei
in the first were like Matador levels of kicking my ass all over the place.

Phantom sama

« Reply #765 on: October 07, 2013, 05:14:04 PM »
How useful are the subclasses? I'm on floor 12 and thinking about using them.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #766 on: October 08, 2013, 12:44:19 AM »
They can be pretty helpful. -Especially- for giving your tanky characters more things to do; Pharmacologist's Boost-granting buff is great for my main tank to help out my damage dealers, and giving Healer to pretty much anyone can be nifty. Enchanter is good on buffing and/or healing characters (Moreso healers; +20% def/mnd on people you heal is great!)

Damage dealers can benefit from varieties of attacks to use on specific bosses (e.g. giving Youmu Explosive Flame Sword for a boss weak to fire, or using Leaning Iron Mountain on really-high-def targets) and some minor damage benefits from stuff like Tension Up.

Damage characters with good row attacks can notably benefit because both the damage subclasses have row attack damage +30% passives (RAN)

Eventually, though, you get Gambler, which can increase your damage by up to 90% in exchange for double mp cost and/or double damage taken. Yep!

« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 12:50:11 AM by Serela »

jaxter0987

« Reply #767 on: October 08, 2013, 01:06:53 AM »
Aside from the obvious benefits Serela mentioned, subclasses also boost your various stat abilities by a little bit.
For example, Sorcerer increases your MP, TP, Magic, and Mind slightly. So even if your characters don't have any spare skill points for the subclass skills, they still benefit from subclassing.

Sahgren

« Reply #768 on: October 08, 2013, 01:23:45 AM »
Don't worry if the subclass would work as well as you would hope with each character. You get refunded the Stone of Awakening with a skill reset at Viole, so feel free to experiment.

Monkeypro257

Labyrinth of Touhou 2 Error
« Reply #769 on: October 09, 2013, 07:06:21 AM »
Sorry for bothering everyone, but every time I select New game,Load Game, or customize in Options, the game crashes. 
I get this error- Debug Assertion Failed
File:  f:\dd\vctools\crt_bld\self_x86\crt\src\fputc.c
Line: 44

Expression: (str != NULL)

I have no idea what to do to resolve this. Can anyone give me a tip on how to fix this?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 Error
« Reply #770 on: October 09, 2013, 09:38:00 AM »
Merged to general LoT thread.

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #771 on: October 09, 2013, 09:51:21 AM »
Sorry for bothering everyone, but every time I select New game,Load Game, or customize in Options, the game crashes. 
I get this error- Debug Assertion Failed
File:  f:\dd\vctools\crt_bld\self_x86\crt\src\fputc.c
Line: 44

Expression: (str != NULL)

I have no idea what to do to resolve this. Can anyone give me a tip on how to fix this?

It is probably because the files are in read-only mode.
Right-click the folder, click Properties and check off the Read-Only option.
Signature

Monkeypro257

« Reply #772 on: October 09, 2013, 09:17:32 PM »
Thanks for the tip. Looks like that did the trick!

Wymar

• ⑨⑨
  • Apathy is a powerful mehtivator.
« Reply #773 on: October 10, 2013, 12:42:58 AM »
So, after weeks of getting distracted by the new Terraria update, melting faces in Br?tal Legend, and getting my arse handed to myself by angry space lasers (not necessarily in that order), I finally took my time to recruit
Spoiler:
Yuuka

Dammit Nitori, if your MP hadn't decided to run out at the last moment, this could have been avoided.

Still not ready for
Spoiler:
Flandre
, though. Gonna need more fire-res equip.

Ozzy

• Veteran Danmakufu Scripter
  • Currently working on a full Touhou fangame!
« Reply #774 on: October 13, 2013, 04:40:11 AM »
So I have not been following Labyrinth of Touhou 2 at all, but my roommate recently started playing it. And then this happened: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqFvpMI8OMc http://youtu.be/mhJOlpSJuAM (Sorry but it needed to be reuploaded and is processing at the time of this posting)

Did anyone else know Hina could get this good?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 05:44:48 AM by Ozzy »

jaxter0987

« Reply #775 on: October 13, 2013, 06:22:37 AM »
So I have not been following Labyrinth of Touhou 2 at all, but my roommate recently started playing it. And then this happened: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqFvpMI8OMc http://youtu.be/mhJOlpSJuAM (Sorry but it needed to be reuploaded and is processing at the time of this posting)

Did anyone else know Hina could get this good?
Oh please we (people in this thread at least) have long since known about Hina's power. I haven't personally seen it myself since I haven't used her but yeah she hits like a truck.

Ozzy

• Veteran Danmakufu Scripter
  • Currently working on a full Touhou fangame!
« Reply #776 on: October 13, 2013, 10:10:54 AM »
Oh please we (people in this thread at least) have long since known about Hina's power. I haven't personally seen it myself since I haven't used her but yeah she hits like a truck.

Oh I was fully aware of Hina's damage output but she should NOT be able to never die in these situations, should she?

« Reply #777 on: October 13, 2013, 10:47:33 AM »
That's me, by the way.

In terms of raw power, plenty beat her. You can build Suika, Sakuya, and many others to do much more damage. In addition, she has a small move set and no way to reliably pierce resistances.
HOWEVER, her self-debuff pierces DBF resist, AND makes Hexer's Conversion fully heal both MP and HP at max debuff. No other character has that kind of sustain combined with good damage.

A boss needs to do one of two things things to kill a correctly equipped Hina.
1. Take her out before debuffs build both ways with some kind of snipe attack (or simply be immune to debuffs and have a broad range of powerful single target attacks).
2. Use a special HP-halving or HP-to-1 move and another attack in quick succession.

EDIT: I should also mention that this is Hard Mode.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 11:23:49 AM by DarkDespair5 »

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #778 on: October 15, 2013, 07:36:36 PM »
Just got back into LoT2 on Floor 16 just beaten the
Spoiler:
Black Goddess of Fertility
GEEZE that was a pain in the ass, THANK GOD FOR AYA'S ADVENT GUIDEPOST!

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 07:55:28 PM by MewMewHeart »
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

« Reply #779 on: October 20, 2013, 01:29:14 AM »
So, what now? I've just beaten the final boss.

I heard there are bonus bosses but where are they?