Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 11F  (Read 278596 times)

Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 11F
« Reply #720 on: September 22, 2013, 07:28:46 PM »
I can't give you a good estimate, while it is playable with system, menu, abilites, spells stuff translated, dialogues and story will easily take months to complete with me and Regal still learning the language.

...Maybe I ought to step in, now that my life is blowing up slightly less. Let me get back to you in a few days on that, but it's probably doable. I'm rather fond of the story, by fangame standards.

« Reply #721 on: September 22, 2013, 07:48:00 PM »
Playing with the 1.141 patch works just fine, since the saves work for all versions it seems. For my the last boss fight I had, I re-speced my characters in the 1.141 patch so it'd be easier (even though I would know pretty much all the skills just by looking at the description in Japanese) and then played in the 1.151 patch.

Also, we've been calling them patches, but they're not really patches when you're downloading a whole new executable.

ok, but how do I downgrade my version? is that patch located on the main website?

Sahgren

« Reply #722 on: September 22, 2013, 10:55:16 PM »
The executables found in the first post of the thread that Stativ linked to will automatically run the game on the version that they're listed under. No need to downgrade the rest of the files.

« Reply #723 on: September 23, 2013, 06:53:22 AM »
The executables found in the first post of the thread that Stativ linked to will automatically run the game on the version that they're listed under. No need to downgrade the rest of the files.
at 1st I was confused as to what you were talking about, then I realized what I downloaded was "current translation files" and what should've been downloaded was "current translation patch" lol

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
« Reply #724 on: September 23, 2013, 08:34:19 AM »
Hi, guys. I just had a thought about something.

Since I asked about Rinnosuke's First Aid earlier, I realized something. Maybe it would make some sense to ask about what each of the HP healing spells that the various characters have scale from(Magic, Attack, or both), and if it could be written into the wiki somehow. It would be nice to know how each of them scales from, so that people know what strengthens its effect and what doesn't...
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

« Reply #725 on: September 23, 2013, 09:43:00 AM »
I can't give you a good estimate, while it is playable with system, menu, abilites, spells stuff translated, dialogues and story will easily take months to complete with me and Regal still learning the language.
Ah. Guess I'll just wait and keep playing then.

More power to the translation team, you guys are doing God's work.

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #726 on: September 23, 2013, 11:03:57 AM »
Hi, guys. I just had a thought about something.

Since I asked about Rinnosuke's First Aid earlier, I realized something. Maybe it would make some sense to ask about what each of the HP healing spells that the various characters have scale from(Magic, Attack, or both), and if it could be written into the wiki somehow. It would be nice to know how each of them scales from, so that people know what strengthens its effect and what doesn't...
You could always test it out for yourself. It's part of the game.
Theses numbers are approximate values. Obviously they might not correct, so don't put them in the wiki or anything.

Reimu = 0.66*MAG
Rinnosuke = 0.2*ATK + 0.2*MAG
Rumia = 0.33 * MAG
Minoriko = 1.8*MAG
Prayer of Recovery = 1.2*ATK + 1.2*MAG
Spoiler:
Eirin = 50% HP
Spoiler:
Sanae = 1.25*MAG
Spoiler:
Yuuka = 10% HP

Although it was from version 1.131, I did manage to reach the final boss without using any money on the library,
Spoiler:
(missing out two characters,)
without using subclasses, and beating every boss below the challenge level. (I also didn't use
Spoiler:
Byakuren and Eiki
, if that means any.)
This game really isn't hard at all.

Signature

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
« Reply #727 on: September 23, 2013, 03:09:25 PM »
You could always test it out for yourself. It's part of the game.
Theses numbers are approximate values. Obviously they might not correct, so don't put them in the wiki or anything.

Reimu = 0.66*MAG
Rinnosuke = 0.2*ATK + 0.2*MAG
Rumia = 0.33 * MAG
Minoriko = 1.8*MAG
Prayer of Recovery = 1.2*ATK + 1.2*MAG
Spoiler:
Eirin = 50% HP
Spoiler:
Sanae = 1.25*MAG
Spoiler:
Yuuka = 10% HP

Thanks for that, Sungho.
Spoiler:
Although you kinda forgot Meiling's healing spells in that list. Come to think of it, I actually don't know what happens when you level either of Meiling's spells up either. Does Healer gain the ability to heal more ailments from leveling?

Sorry if I'm constantly asking a storm of questions. I actually am trying to find a way to get the game itself, but I have no idea where to begin... (I feel so embarrassed about this...  :blush: :blush: :blush:)
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #728 on: September 23, 2013, 03:56:37 PM »
I forgot she had healing spells, and the fact that she even existed.

Spoiler:
Meiling
Spoiler:
Colorful Rain : 0.4*ATK + 0.4*MAG
Spoiler:
Healer : 0.15*ATK + 0.15*MAG (I'm not really sure about this)

I don't know what happens if you level the spells up. The descriptions of the skills offer nothing on that part.
Signature

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #729 on: September 23, 2013, 05:01:11 PM »
Although it was from version 1.131, I did manage to reach the final boss without using any money on the library,
Spoiler:
(missing out two characters,)
without using subclasses, and beating every boss below the challenge level. (I also didn't use
Spoiler:
Byakuren and Eiki
, if that means any.)
This game really isn't hard at all.
1.4 made bosses harder, although I'm not sure by how much. They're supposed to have stronger attacks and someone had commented many bosses had as much as double the HP. The final boss supposedly had vastly more defenses and a variety of other changes...

But, even so, I'm having to ban like a third of the characters as I realize how much they're capable of wrecking. After getting the stuff to patch up Parsee, she's got tanklike MND in an atk build and still good HP and passable defense... and LargeBoxSmallBox criticals can do like a third of the HP a boss can be expected to have. I'm trying to keep a semblance of challenge in my playthrough so her, Kasen, and others keep getting booted for being Just Too Good. :T

At least about half of the cast seems "balanced"... :V Cirno isn't half bad in this game IMO. At least when Kasen and her speed debuffing nuke is banned.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
« Reply #730 on: September 23, 2013, 06:45:09 PM »
I forgot she had healing spells, and the fact that she even existed.

Spoiler:
Meiling
Spoiler:
Colorful Rain : 0.4*ATK + 0.4*MAG
Spoiler:
Healer : 0.15*ATK + 0.15*MAG (I'm not really sure about this)

I don't know what happens if you level the spells up. The descriptions of the skills offer nothing on that part.

...ouch. She must not be a good character to use for you, huh?

« Reply #731 on: September 24, 2013, 03:53:14 AM »
Spoiler:
So I was wondering if anyone was able to beat Tenshi the 2nd round on 9F
I found http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLSvZIdPVkE
 which then makes me wonder if this is possible in hard mode without poison and 2 instant attack

Spoiler:
Just defeated 12F Tenshi, now I am waiting to see if that guy in the video can defeat the final boss on 12F.

Shin Rokuren

• - 秘剣 -
  • 「ツバメ六連」
« Reply #732 on: September 24, 2013, 12:35:47 PM »
Okay, I don't know if this is because of the new patch, but...

Spoiler:
So just messing with the final boss, I didn't want to blitz through its first form and planned to beat it on its next form, so while preparing to do the final hits, Flandre hits 0 HP, and suicides from Starbow Break...

Spoiler:

I managed to pull it off only once back in 1.141, but now it just keeps happening.

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
« Reply #733 on: September 24, 2013, 01:53:07 PM »
Okay, I don't know if this is because of the new patch, but...

Spoiler:
So just messing with the final boss, I didn't want to blitz through its first form and planned to beat it on its next form, so while preparing to do the final hits, Flandre hits 0 HP, and suicides from Starbow Break...

Spoiler:

I managed to pull it off only once back in 1.141, but now it just keeps happening.

...I thought that said spell couldn't do that. Something telling me that you have found a bug, good sir...

Shin Rokuren

• - 秘剣 -
  • 「ツバメ六連」
« Reply #734 on: September 24, 2013, 01:54:51 PM »
...I thought that said spell couldn't do that. Something telling me that you have found a bug, good sir...

Yeah, back in ThL1 it wasn't possible. And I did it only once in patch 1.141 but forgot to take a screenie cause it was unexpected.

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #735 on: September 24, 2013, 03:48:43 PM »
Can you upload the save file so I can check for problems?
I tried testing it with the "All characters unlocked" save file but I couldn't find any problems myself.
Signature

Shin Rokuren

• - 秘剣 -
  • 「ツバメ六連」
« Reply #736 on: September 24, 2013, 05:08:50 PM »
EDIT: PM'd instead.

If it still doesn't work, I could post a vid.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 02:28:57 AM by Shin Rokuren »

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #737 on: September 25, 2013, 02:53:22 AM »
So, I was playing the first Labyrinth, fighting Suwako.  I was getting wrecked from here to Sunday, and suddenly I'm looking pretty screwed.

Only Iku remained standing, and Suwako was in magic mode.  I forgot how weak Iku's spells normally are, and tried her first spell, which predictably did all of nothing.

Ate a spell, Iku had only like 220 HP left, so the next ANYTHING cast would send me packing yet again.  Tried that 60 SP mind-piercing spell...which did a whopping 17 damage.

Suwako died, AND I got the drop.

Victory from the jaws of defeat indeed.  Special thanks go to Iku herself for Sticklebacking Yuugi into ~25k KOi3Ss and Wriggle for her lovely poisoning.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 02:55:18 AM by Jq1790 »
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
  • I feed on your tears...
« Reply #738 on: September 25, 2013, 03:02:59 AM »
http://www.mediafire.com/?qg5ze3umb27b2jb
New patch, added corrections to skills, items, spells that missed lines and covers the new menu option in the Hakurei Shrine.
I stared into the abyss, and the abyss didn't stare back. Even the void doesn't want to be my friend :(

Now working with Touhou-Online in French

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #739 on: September 25, 2013, 12:51:38 PM »
EDIT: PM'd instead.

If it still doesn't work, I could post a vid.

Found out the likely reason.
It's surely because of the game's faulty condition checking.
Spoiler:
Flandre's Starbow Break deals (35-SLv*3)% of Flandre's max HP as recoil. Satori will receive 35% max HP damage.

When the game tries to reduce Flandre's HP :

recoil = (35-SLv*3)*MaxHP/100
if( currentHP < recoil ){ currentHP = 1}
else { currentHP = currentHP - recoil}

In this case, when currentHP is the exactly same as the recoil damage, Flandre will die.

Starbow Break Lv.5 will do 20% of maxHP, so if maxHP is a multiple of 5, she will die if she shoots 5 Starbow Breaks without taking any damage.
Easiest solution : Do something so Flandre's maxHP isn't a multiple of 5. (It works!)

I thought Eirin's Therapeutic Limit Breakthrough might have been intended, but this really sorta makes it clear it wasn't, is what I'm thinking now.

P.S. Yakumo Yukari's Yakumo Yukari's Spiriting Away uses (21-SLv) MP, so leveling it up to Lv.5 makes it 20% cheaper.

I should thank you for sending the save file.
There's no way I could have found this myself.
Signature

Shin Rokuren

• - 秘剣 -
  • 「ツバメ六連」
« Reply #740 on: September 25, 2013, 01:15:42 PM »
Thanks much. It also crossed my mind that
Spoiler:
the cause was that it'd drain the exact amount of HP left. Not a multiple of 5, got it.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 01:41:55 PM by Shin Rokuren »

jaxter0987

• Umiiro Shoujo ni Miserarete
  • Umi is love, Umi is life
« Reply #741 on: September 25, 2013, 03:33:18 PM »
Found out the likely reason.
It's surely because of the game's faulty condition checking.
Spoiler:
Flandre's Starbow Break deals (35-SLv*3)% of Flandre's max HP as recoil. Satori will receive 35% max HP damage.

When the game tries to reduce Flandre's HP :

recoil = (35-SLv*3)*MaxHP/100
if( currentHP < recoil ){ currentHP = 1}
else { currentHP = currentHP - recoil}

In this case, when currentHP is the exactly same as the recoil damage, Flandre will die.

Starbow Break Lv.5 will do 20% of maxHP, so if maxHP is a multiple of 5, she will die if she shoots 5 Starbow Breaks without taking any damage.
Easiest solution : Do something so Flandre's maxHP isn't a multiple of 5. (It works!)

I thought Eirin's Therapeutic Limit Breakthrough might have been intended, but this really sorta makes it clear it wasn't, is what I'm thinking now.

P.S. Yakumo Yukari's Yakumo Yukari's Spiriting Away uses (21-SLv) MP, so leveling it up to Lv.5 makes it 20% cheaper.

I should thank you for sending the save file.
There's no way I could have found this myself.
As a Computer Science student, seeing this made me happy. It was a nice way to start my day =P

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
« Reply #742 on: September 25, 2013, 06:02:40 PM »
I knew it. I knew that it was a bug.

By the by,
Spoiler:
Does Meiling's Natural skill affect percentage based healing, like Eirin's Hourai Elixir? It would make quite the difference if it did, as a 50% HP + 66% of said 50% HP heal would be quite effective in helping out Meiling(by making her a prime candidate for receiving said heal... And made me just shudder over just how much more powerful a Healer Eirin would be to her via the Devoted Care skill, which does proc which Hourai Elixir...). Hell, if it does affect percentage based healing, then I would think that even Yuuka's Reflowering of Gensokyo would become more useful for Meiling, for the same exact reason.

Also, I recall that the bugs section that it states that Yuuka's Reflowering of Gensokyo has the effect of overhealing allies(it states it as "Overheals?"). Is that still true, or has said bug been resolved? Personally, though... I would so like for this to not be considered a bug, as it would make that move far more useful(as in "wanting to cast repeatedly via Extra Attack, since the large delay keeps you from spamming it normally" useful), and would serve as a major boon in boss fights.

Lastly, does Hell's Necromancer(Orin's skill) affect MP draining at all? Because if I remember correctly, there are bosses that perform a complete MP drain on all characters, and having the power to reduce the effects of that type of attack for the front line would be a godsend in those cases, yes?

Sahgren

« Reply #743 on: September 25, 2013, 06:10:50 PM »
I'm tempted to do a Hard Mode run now. Trying to put together a team that strikes a balance between the characters I really grew to like and characters I' never gave a fair shake. So far I have:

Spoiler:
Meiling, Sanae, Kanako, Eiki, Okuu, Flandre, Mystia, Hina, Alice, Marisa, and Parsee
Trying to figure out if this team needs adjustments or not. Especially since it looks like I'm overloading on damage dealers.

As a Computer Science student, seeing this made me happy. It was a nice way to start my day =P

Same here. Though part of me feels like I'm happier seeing lines of code than I should be considering how frustrating coding can get.

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #744 on: September 25, 2013, 06:40:21 PM »
Lastly, does Hell's Necromancer(Orin's skill) affect MP draining at all? Because if I remember correctly, there are bosses that perform a complete MP drain on all characters, and having the power to reduce the effects of that type of attack for the front line would be a godsend in those cases, yes?
It doesn't work that way. The MP drain the bosses (or putting HP to 1) are not affected by anything and cannot be resisted, even though they have an element tied to them. It's a bit the same as buffs, they have an element but it doesn't change anything, you can "resist" a buff because you have a high value in that affinity. They cannot be avoided, even if they don't do any damage, so Hell's Necromancer or Wriggle's Copious Vaccine won't help in those scenarios, because they specifically say anyway that it's from a TRR and PSN effect, respectively.
I stared into the abyss, and the abyss didn't stare back. Even the void doesn't want to be my friend :(

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #745 on: September 25, 2013, 06:58:11 PM »
Spoiler:
Sadly, in 1.151, Meiling's Natural doesn't work with Hourai Elixir.

The bug was about Yuuka's skill 'The only flower in Gensoukyou that doesn't wither'
She will recover more HP the lower her MP is, and she will recover more MP the lower her HP is. She won't gain any MP if her HP is full.
She used to lose MP when she was overhealed, but it is fixed now.
Signature

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
« Reply #746 on: September 25, 2013, 07:22:03 PM »
I see. That's a shame.

Still, that does raise an important question... Two, really.

1) If the element doesn't matter, then why do they write one in at all? That doesn't make any sense whatsoever. The same could be said about elements in healing spells as well, right? Wait...
1.5) Do elements affect healing spells in any way at all? Because that would give a reason to actually give an element to them.
2) You can resist status buffs?!? ??? That's odd. Why would you need that sort of thing?

Spoiler:
Sadly, in 1.151, Meiling's Natural doesn't work with Hourai Elixir.

That's a pity.
Spoiler:
I would of thought that it would apply, given that it's an effect from Meiling's skill, and not Eirin's spell. Oh well.

At least Colorful Rain is a composite spell, so it's actually not a bad idea to boost Meiling's Magic Stat as well as her Attack Stat via Voile, despite the fact that she has a poor growth for Magic in general.  It's the same reasoning that I would have behind boosting Reimu's and Rumia's Attack Stat, because even if you're bad at Magic or Attack, boosting the weaker stat will still contribute to the healing spell, so there's no point in not investing in it with money for that purpose(especially if that is one of their main selling points, which healing spells usually are for said character, regardless of who they are).

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #747 on: September 25, 2013, 08:40:18 PM »
I see. That's a shame.

Still, that does raise an important question... Two, really.

1) If the element doesn't matter, then why do they write one in at all? That doesn't make any sense whatsoever. The same could be said about elements in healing spells as well, right? Wait...
1.5) Do elements affect healing spells in any way at all? Because that would give a reason to actually give an element to them.
2) You can resist status buffs?!? ??? That's odd. Why would you need that sort of thing?
Woops, meant *can't resist*.
All action have an element, no matter what effect they have, even if they don't deal damage (even Focus is PHY, even though it means nothing). They don't change anything to those kind of spells, they simply exist because that's how spells are working in the game, and they are no "No element", like in LoT1. Though in LoT1, you could say the "No element" was the same as Physical.
If I take for example Reimu's Great Hakurei Barrier, which didn't have an element back in LoT1, but now is in LoT2, it wouldn't have made sense for Reimu to have a PHY spell, so they just made it so it would be her general attribute, SPI.
At least, that's how I see it.

« Reply #748 on: September 26, 2013, 04:11:32 AM »
even Focus is PHY, even though it means nothing

It's something for
Spoiler:
Patchouli's Passive Philosopher's Stone

jaxter0987

• Umiiro Shoujo ni Miserarete
  • Umi is love, Umi is life
« Reply #749 on: September 26, 2013, 06:18:23 AM »
I'm tempted to do a Hard Mode run now. Trying to put together a team that strikes a balance between the characters I really grew to like and characters I' never gave a fair shake. So far I have:

Spoiler:
Meiling, Sanae, Kanako, Eiki, Okuu, Flandre, Mystia, Hina, Alice, Marisa, and Parsee
Trying to figure out if this team needs adjustments or not. Especially since it looks like I'm overloading on damage dealers.

Parsee could probably be built into a tank and
Spoiler:
Kanako and Alice are bulky enough to last for awhile imo. Sanae is your standard bulky support so its not too bad.

At least your damage types are balanced enough. It tends to irk me when I don't have access to an attack for all the different elements. I do make exceptions based on who I really want on the team though (I'm lacking Cold and Dark damagers in my main team).

Same here. Though part of me feels like I'm happier seeing lines of code than I should be considering how frustrating coding can get.
Truer words could not have been said.

In other news, progress on my synergy run has been slowed immensely due to school. I'm fine with it though since I don't want to get burnt out on the game anyway (even though I think it's highly unlikely for that to happen to me).
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 06:21:43 AM by jaxter0987 »