Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 and 10F  (Read 295964 times)

Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 and 10F
« Reply #540 on: August 16, 2013, 07:47:06 PM »
How does the whole thing with the HP recovery stat work anyway? It's not scaling with my HP so it's starting to look really gimpy on all of floor 2 (and I don't even know under what conditions it triggers.)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #541 on: August 16, 2013, 08:07:00 PM »
It triggers when they're in the reserve. (Back 8 party members)

The HP one might be a percentage.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #542 on: August 16, 2013, 08:30:21 PM »
Uh...

Spoiler:
I beat Tenshi on 12F, but the stone after her is still in the way. It says something about being unsealed by the "two pillars of Moriya" or something like that. Do I need both Kanako and Suwako to open it? If so, how do I get the other after already having gotten one from the 10F event?
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

« Reply #543 on: August 16, 2013, 08:32:30 PM »
It triggers when they're in the reserve. (Back 8 party members)

The HP one might be a percentage.

*facepalm* That would make a lot of sense if it is a percentage. Thanks.

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
  • I feed on your tears...
« Reply #544 on: August 16, 2013, 08:36:24 PM »
Spoiler:
I beat Tenshi on 12F, but the stone after her is still in the way. It says something about being unsealed by the "two pillars of Moriya" or something like that. Do I need both Kanako and Suwako to open it? If so, how do I get the other after already having gotten one from the 10F event?

Spoiler:
If I recall, the other one is on 12F near the end and will join you without a fuss.

There is a bug on 16F. The enemy that looks like a purple orb covered with beige skin will do a purple explosion attack, it can crash your game, so you might want to deal with those quickly.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 08:38:36 PM by kuilfrayt »
I stared into the abyss, and the abyss didn't stare back. Even the void doesn't want to be my friend :(

Now working with Touhou-Online in French

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #545 on: August 16, 2013, 08:44:50 PM »
Spoiler:
I don't see an event marker for it anywhere on the map for 12F. I'll look again but I see nothing.

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #546 on: August 16, 2013, 08:57:06 PM »
Spoiler:
Hell to the f***ing yes, Yukari down. That was a hard fight

Spoiler:
I don't see an event marker for it anywhere on the map for 12F. I'll look again but I see nothing.

Spoiler:
It's either 11F or 12F, I don't exactly remember
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 08:59:52 PM by kuilfrayt »
I stared into the abyss, and the abyss didn't stare back. Even the void doesn't want to be my friend :(

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #547 on: August 16, 2013, 09:01:47 PM »
Spoiler:
Hurr durr, I found it on 12F. I thought the marker on the mini-map was just one for a switch and not an actual event marker. I wish they would differentiate those, but oh well, at least I found it.

« Reply #548 on: August 16, 2013, 09:28:04 PM »
Floor could you please work and be normal?
E1:...And now it's happening on every floor.
E2:Fixed it by starting the game up again.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 09:35:32 PM by Hinacle »

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #549 on: August 16, 2013, 09:41:09 PM »
Floor could you please work and be normal?
E1:...And now it's happening on every floor.
E2:Fixed it by starting the game up again.

It happened to me when I killed the 15F FOE, it doesn't do anything to the gameplay, it's just a weird glitch.

« Reply #550 on: August 16, 2013, 10:57:40 PM »
Spoiler:
Oh gooood the Yukari fight >~> Wriggle was constantly poisoning while Suika was hitting for 20k per hit with Throwing Mt.Togakushi, but then her buffing came... It came down to Mokou, Kogasa, Reimu, and Orin, I barely won. Holy crap, that fight scared me. 16F here I come!
Only missing Eirin and 2 slots next to Yuyuko and Yukari.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 10:59:22 PM by Hinacle »

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #551 on: August 16, 2013, 11:01:54 PM »
Welp, you guys are fast. I haven't gotten that far in the game.

Spoiler:
I'm grinding for Floor 6 Tenshi. I'm gonna have lots of fun.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #552 on: August 17, 2013, 12:54:48 AM »
Welp, you guys are fast. I haven't gotten that far in the game.

Spoiler:
I'm grinding for Floor 6 Tenshi. I'm gonna have lots of fun.

Spoiler:
If she runs away and you get 6 items from her, you got everything. For winning while under the Challenge Level though, you get an extra 2 items for 8 total. One of the items is +1 Skill Point, used at Hakurei Shrine, not sure what the other was.

For those of us who want to beat everything under the challenge level, we can still farm the heck out of the stat boosts in Viole :P

DA

• Some dude on the internet
« Reply #553 on: August 17, 2013, 01:09:52 AM »
Has anyone gotten
Spoiler:
Flandre and Yuka
yet and care to tell me how to get them because right now i'm at floor 20 and i dont know where to get them and how to get them.

« Reply #554 on: August 17, 2013, 01:24:56 AM »
Has anyone gotten
Spoiler:
Flandre and Yuka
yet and care to tell me how to get them because right now i'm at floor 20 and i dont know where to get them and how to get them.
Spoiler:
I get the feeling that Yuka is on behind the bush path on 8F. I'm not 100% sure and I'm currently working on clearing that path. On a similar note, you still have 2 floors left so they might be further on?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 01:39:01 AM by Hinacle »

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #555 on: August 17, 2013, 01:31:36 AM »
Could someone please list events that require BP to clear? I've gotten to 9F myself, and I suspect some events are BP related.
Spoiler:
I had a scene on 8F where Utsuho said something at the end, but the event didn't vanish, does she need BP? I can't fight the Boss where Meiling is on 7F either. I've also managed to clear 2 or 3 bushes from that 5-bush path on 8F, for what that is worth... any ideas on what those need?
Thank you :)

Edit: I think I found an error on the english wiki.
Spoiler:
Spirit Carrier, on Orin, says it restores 33% HP and 20% MP on kill. This is false. Due to Extra Attack, I can confirm that it's 1 MP restored and not 20%, instead giving a 20% stat buff to Attack, Defense, Magic, Mind and Speed. The effects occur every time a kill is made during Extra Attack, but only on separate attacks, making it much like a stronger version of Beat Down with only 1 level.
That isn't all either, the wiki lists that Heart of Compassion for Enhancer is 3 Levels and 4 Skill Points each, but the game itself says 4 Levels and 3 Skill Points each.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 01:43:50 AM by MysTeariousYukari »

« Reply #556 on: August 17, 2013, 01:38:35 AM »
Could someone please list events that require BP to clear? I've gotten to 9F myself, and I suspect some events are BP related.
Spoiler:
I had a scene on 8F where Utsuho said something at the end, but the event didn't vanish, does she need BP? I can't fight the Boss where Meiling is on 7F either. I've also managed to clear 2 or 3 bushes from that 5-bush path on 8F, for what that is worth... any ideas on what those need?
Thank you :)

Spoiler:
Off the top of me head so far Chen, Nazrin, Minoriko, Youmu, and Utsuho require BP.
8F Utsuho event is for the bush path and does need BP
7F Meiling Boss Event: I think it might need BP but throughout 7F-9F there are events. You need to clear 4 of those to fully complete the 7F Meiling event.
Also can you name some of the characters that appeared in the 5-bush path?

DA

« Reply #557 on: August 17, 2013, 01:40:11 AM »
Spoiler:
I get the feeling that Yuka is on behind the bush path on 9F. I'm not 100% sure and I'm currently working on clearing that path. On a similar note, you still have 2 floors left so they might be further on?

I dont think
Spoiler:
Flandre and Yuka will be further on because based off an image i saw flandre was between Tenshi and yuyuko, and then Yuka between Yuyuko and Yukari so i would assume they are closer to were you get the characters they are between but we will see

Spoiler:
also all floor 20's bottom part is basically a grinding spot that basically wants you to use marisa or yuka(assuming she can spark) because all the bottom part of floor 20 is basically walk to little teleport point and then get ready to grind on upgraded FOEs as regular enemies because the game jumps from level 80 recommendation to 104 level  recommendation.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 01:41:53 AM by PrinnyAce »

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #558 on: August 17, 2013, 01:49:14 AM »
Spoiler:
Off the top of me head so far Chen, Nazrin, Minoriko, Youmu, and Utsuho require BP.
8F Utsuho event is for the bush path and does need BP
7F Meiling Boss Event: I think it might need BP but throughout 7F-9F there are events. You need to clear 4 of those to fully complete the 7F Meiling event.
Also can you name some of the characters that appeared in the 5-bush path?

Spoiler:
I remember Minoriko popped up for the first bush, a gray text box popped up for the second. I haven't cleared the third, and have no idea how.
If the 8F event doesn't need BP, then what am I missing? The event didn't go away, I can still check it out.

« Reply #559 on: August 17, 2013, 02:11:20 AM »
Spoiler:
I remember Minoriko popped up for the first bush, a gray text box popped up for the second. I haven't cleared the third, and have no idea how.
If the 8F event doesn't need BP, then what am I missing? The event didn't go away, I can still check it out.

Spoiler:
The Utsuho event does need BP
Let me clarify, right after you first start the Meiling event, 4 other events should pop up in the Jungle biome, and you need to go clear those first, and then you'll be able to get Meiling. I might be misunderstanding, but from what I remember for the Meiling chain of events Reimu, Marisa, and Youmu show up for it. That doesn't help much, but it's a clear indicator of a Meiling event. Now that I think about, they might need BP. Sorry if this jumps around a lot. I swear once this game is in english it'll be easier to explain so many things, eheh. >~> If you need anymore help you can just PM me and I'll try my best to help you as much as possible

I dont think
Spoiler:
Flandre and Yuka will be further on because based off an image i saw flandre was between Tenshi and yuyuko, and then Yuka between Yuyuko and Yukari so i would assume they are closer to were you get the characters they are between but we will see

Spoiler:
also all floor 20's bottom part is basically a grinding spot that basically wants you to use marisa or yuka(assuming she can spark) because all the bottom part of floor 20 is basically walk to little teleport point and then get ready to grind on upgraded FOEs as regular enemies because the game jumps from level 80 recommendation to 104 level  recommendation.
Spoiler:
...Oh lord, I take it that's a LoT Rinnosuke level boss.
Huh... I'm racking my brain trying to think of something that would make Flan and Yuka join. I really can't think of anything, I'm sorry. I'll look through the Fire Biome for any thing that might relate to them since I missed a couple of events there.

On another note:
Spoiler:
Achievement 97 says something about going through "the special dooron 12F" has anyone actually found the door?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 10:35:23 PM by Hinacle »

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #560 on: August 17, 2013, 03:10:41 AM »
Okay, I need help with this mess o__o
Spoiler:
9F, the fight with Ran, what the heck is the trick? She constantly gets buffed up to +100% by her invisible re-spawning minions and hits everyone for several hundred damage, 1000~ when buffed. She also hits characters with Magic Drain quite often, it's very annoying. If I didn't have Kasen already, Ran would have given her to me... and I freaking beat Tenshi on 6F too!

Edit: Found another wiki error, this time, with
Spoiler:
Suika
Spoiler:
"Ibuki Gourd 2 8 Every time Suika takes a turn, she will recover (SLv * 10)% HP, (SLv) MP and will have her Attack, Defense, Mind and Speed increased by (SLv * 10)%." Implies that she gets all of those effects every turn. I'm on Ver1.120, and she only gets one of those per turn.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 04:48:12 AM by MysTeariousYukari »

DA

« Reply #561 on: August 17, 2013, 05:27:45 AM »

Spoiler:
...Oh lord, I take it that's a LoT Rinnosuke level boss.
Huh... I'm racking my brain trying to think of something that would make Flan and Yuka join. I really can't think of anything, I'm sorry. I'll look through the Fire Biome for any thing that might relate to them since I missed a couple of events there.

On another note:
Spoiler:
Achievement 97 says something about going through "the special dooron 12F" has anyone actually found the door?

Spoiler:
Dude those bushes at floor 8 is the key to yuka.

Okay everyone those bushes i know how to move some of them and what character events need to happen for this to work. Ok so certain events have effects on those bushes as i said but these events also need BP on certain characters. I'm missing some though so do watch out but if someone would like to fill me in to which character events need to happen to move the bushes tell me.
Here are some i can remember:
Floor 5(4?): Wriggle
Somewhere in the forest biome (i think 8 ): Okuu
Floor 10: Nitori
Floor 13: Cirno

Either way once you get all those events to move the bushes you can finally battle:
Oh and i think that achievement is a postgame thing, Hinacle.

Edit:
Btw the last
Spoiler:
14F nazrin event also needs nitori to have some bp (not sure how much)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 07:49:53 AM by PrinnyAce »

« Reply #562 on: August 17, 2013, 07:55:48 AM »
Added Eirin's skills/spells to the wiki for whoever was looking for them.  Though it's still missing delay info and possibly some status boosts because I don't actually have Eirin yet, I just went off the info dumps.

aaand 5 minutes later I found Eirin, so nevermind, I added boost/delay information and fixed any inconsistencies
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 08:31:17 AM by Fishin »

CloverNaght

• Gotta hide in teh box..
  • FOEs r scareh
« Reply #563 on: August 17, 2013, 09:18:12 AM »
Spoiler:
About the requirement for recruit Ran, is the BP requirement for Chen really that high? I only saw her event twice and i never see it again anymore despite Chen always on my party (currently on 14F)
also i saw her event on 4F and 8F or 9F (forgot) without seeing Chen event on 5F onwards. Am i screwed so much?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 09:58:06 AM by AkurouNyan~ »
Behold the power of love instagibbing, ze!!~

The Krve

• Power Word : Silence
« Reply #564 on: August 17, 2013, 10:00:14 AM »
Spoiler:
About the requirement for recruit Ran, is the BP requirement for Chen really that high? I only saw her event twice and i never see it again anymore despite Chen always on my party (currently on 14F)
also i saw her event on 4F and 8F or 9F (forgot) without see Chen event on 5F onwards. Am i screwed so much?

Nope, you are fine. Just keep clearing those events. I know because I did those things too.
Okay, I need help with this mess o__o
Spoiler:
9F, the fight with Ran, what the heck is the trick? She constantly gets buffed up to +100% by her invisible re-spawning minions and hits everyone for several hundred damage, 1000~ when buffed. She also hits characters with Magic Drain quite often, it's very annoying. If I didn't have Kasen already, Ran would have given her to me... and I freaking beat Tenshi on 6F too!
Spoiler:
I steamrolled her. Patchouli getting Miracle Fruits from an Enhancer Sanae will make sure Royal Flare do A LOT per hit.Those minions of hers are weak to fire, and if they die she will waste a turn summoning them back, which will be met with another boosted Royal Flare.
You know the rest

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #565 on: August 17, 2013, 10:08:21 AM »
For those of us who want to beat everything under the challenge level, we can still farm the heck out of the stat boosts in Viole :P
Now that you've mentioned it, I forgot to ask. Must every character be under the challenge level to get the items, just the ones in your party, or some of them?

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #566 on: August 17, 2013, 10:17:10 AM »
You'll get bonus items when the party's average level is equal to or less than the level below the boss icon, ROUNDED DOWN.
For example, if you fight the Lv. 3 boss with a Lv. 4 Reimu, Lv.4 Marisa, Lv.4 Keine, and a Lv.3 Rinnosuke, you'll still get the bonus items.

Actually, it seems that you'll get one bonus anyway even if you are 'overleveled'. Can someone confirm this?
Signature

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #567 on: August 17, 2013, 10:37:42 AM »
You can, however the possibility is lower. What I've figured out is, that the more party members whose levels are lower than the challenge level, the more possibility you have to receive the extra items, which is why I asked above. I'm not sure, so I want to know what you guys figured out.

By the way, I'm kind of confused. Do
Spoiler:
Nazrin
's attacks use the attack stat?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 11:14:37 AM by Xarizzar95 »

« Reply #568 on: August 17, 2013, 11:00:12 AM »
For some reason, I can't see any of the text, such as dialog text or the text in the options menu. Has anyone else encountered this problem or know the solution? I've played countless japanese games before this and this is the first time I've ran across this issue.

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #569 on: August 17, 2013, 11:38:47 AM »
She uses her MAG stat, as evidenced by her higher MAG stat. Skill descriptions also say it's a magic attack.
Signature