Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 and 10F  (Read 295959 times)

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 and 10F
« Reply #450 on: August 14, 2013, 08:05:46 PM »
So quick question about Rinnosuke, Komachi, and Nazrin's Item/Yen drop skills. Do they work if they're in Reserve or do they need to be in the Active slots to take effect?

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #451 on: August 14, 2013, 08:11:05 PM »
Rinnosuke's stuff will work perfectly fine with him in reserve. I've been getting +20% gold and +40% item drop rate for a while now from him. I assume the other two work the same way.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #452 on: August 14, 2013, 08:17:03 PM »
Very good to know. Thanks.

Also thanks qazmlpok for the Charagraph and BGM rips.

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #453 on: August 14, 2013, 08:29:41 PM »
Are there any downsides to using Level Down at the shrine or Skill Reset at the library?  I assumed I would lose exp (like Etrian's system for Resting), but it doesn't seem to be the case.
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #454 on: August 14, 2013, 08:36:21 PM »
Hey Krimmy :P

Skill Resets are (were?) supposed to use an item that resets them but it seems like the game doesn't care if you don't have any, Good thing too, I find it makes the game more fun.

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
  • I feed on your tears...
« Reply #455 on: August 14, 2013, 08:50:30 PM »
Skill resets never used an item, that will reset your skill points and level up bonuses. Using the Tome of Reincarnation will reset all the points you put in the Magic Library and refund them back into money
I stared into the abyss, and the abyss didn't stare back. Even the void doesn't want to be my friend :(

Now working with Touhou-Online in French

« Reply #456 on: August 14, 2013, 08:59:52 PM »
Alright, I just got to know that there is an extra-CD for Touhou no Meikyuu 2/LabyrinthOfTouhou2.
But the thing is, I never knew that there was a 2nd part, though I never even finished part 1 XD.

Anyway, I just saw some screenshots, and I was just wondering, do I need a lot of RAM to play the game?
Or rather, can I play LoT2, as fluently as LoT1?
Please donate, so I can make more of NoR-Wiki or other stuff.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=R5D8A2CTMEWMJ Click here to donate (USD)
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=A3498RT3XLXL8 Click here to donate (EUR)
Thanks people.

« Reply #457 on: August 14, 2013, 09:08:49 PM »
I have a question about sub-classes: I gave Marisa the Toxin User class, but the skills aren't showing up. Do I have to fulfill some special condition for them to be listed?

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #458 on: August 14, 2013, 09:27:09 PM »
I have a question about sub-classes: I gave Marisa the Toxin User class, but the skills aren't showing up. Do I have to fulfill some special condition for them to be listed?

You have to actually put points in the skill themselves to be able to use them in battle
I stared into the abyss, and the abyss didn't stare back. Even the void doesn't want to be my friend :(

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
« Reply #459 on: August 14, 2013, 10:02:10 PM »

Do you mean skills, or the spells? Because if it's the latter, then kuilfrayt is right.

By the by, I have a question of my own. The "Arm Twisting" skill that Marisa has says "When attacking, pierce enemy elemental affinity and status affinity". To me, the second part of that sounds like it ignores any resistance that the enemy has to status ailments. Would that perhaps be true? Because if that's the case, then I was right about Marisa being someone who can make good use of that sub-class, especially since Marisa is fast and has the MAG to make the damage portion of these spells hit hard, and one of said spells can cause Instant Death, so...

Giving Marisa those spells is like giving her four different, distinct flavors of Earthlight Ray that are actually worth using.
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

« Reply #460 on: August 14, 2013, 10:12:39 PM »
Uh.... When I gave Marisa the Toxin User spells and tried to use them in a battle, the game flashed an error about line 52 and then crashed. I'll go see if it happens without the patch.

This is the error
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 10:16:58 PM by Hinacle »

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #461 on: August 14, 2013, 10:34:47 PM »
There are some errors here and there. Seeing as trying to access Flandre's skill crashes my game, it's not that surprising that other skills and spells could do that. You'll probably have to wait for them to patch it up for it to work.

« Reply #462 on: August 14, 2013, 10:44:11 PM »
How would you guys compare reimu and minoriko heal in plus-disk? last time i used reimu she was full MAG and had decent hp/mnd and def to take 1 or 2 hits in 2nd slot before healing, how would minoriko do considering her lack of hp/def growths? and mino has lower deal but single target but lower survavility while reimu has wide party and long delay and decent chance to survive 1 hit

« Reply #463 on: August 14, 2013, 11:06:04 PM »
There are some errors here and there. Seeing as trying to access Flandre's skill crashes my game, it's not that surprising that other skills and spells could do that. You'll probably have to wait for them to patch it up for it to work.

I just figured out what might have happened. I guess maybe a bug happened in the game because Toxin User has 4 spells, but the game only showed 3 skills in the skills list, so I guess a bug happened that only made those 3 spells register instead of all 4? At first I thought it might have been another sub class with 3 spells, but all the other classes with 3 spells actually work. I'm probably way off with this explanation, but it's the only reasonable explanation that I can see for why they didn't work at first, but when I took off that subclass and put it back on, the spells suddenly worked.
Thanks for your help, btw. I'll keep that in mind when I run into Flan.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #464 on: August 14, 2013, 11:49:05 PM »
How would you guys compare reimu and minoriko heal in plus-disk? last time i used reimu she was full MAG and had decent hp/mnd and def to take 1 or 2 hits in 2nd slot before healing, how would minoriko do considering her lack of hp/def growths? and mino has lower deal but single target but lower survavility while reimu has wide party and long delay and decent chance to survive 1 hit
You should build them both for MND; but anyway, that's not the main point.

Minoriko becomes less important in Plus because a decent bit in, Reimu gets the SP to spam her skills all you like, so you don't really need Minoriko anymore. If you want a backup healer you use Rumia instead. These are things that should just kind of naturally become apparent as you start getting farther into the Plus Disk floors; I started going "huh, yeah, minoriko isn't really much use now" and switched her for Rumia as my just-in-case (And because I like Rumia and she can damage fairly well in a pinch anyway)

You shouldn't put either of them near the front (unless it's a boss without physical attacks), although Reimu has enough def to maybe be okay for a short time. Neither of them need a MAG build (Minoriko easily heals more then enough at any point of the game with a full MND build) and they're good MND tanks if you build them for it; Minoriko actually becomes pretty tanky that way.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #465 on: August 15, 2013, 12:23:05 AM »
Version 1.110 is out, if it wasn't mentioned before. Sorry if it was.
Signature

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #466 on: August 15, 2013, 12:24:25 AM »
Spoiler:
Soo, after almost 1 shotting Tenshi Fight 3 (when I saw it was Tenshi again, I panicked a little), I get my ass handed to me by a talking sword. This is just getting better and better
I'm surprised at how quick we recruit characters, 39 out of 48 and I just got to 13F, and that's without having recruited Suika on 9F
And damn, I have to say Parsee is godly when it comes to taking magic damage (Iku lololol), but wow is she useless at everything else.

Version 1.110 is out, if it wasn't mentioned before. Sorry if it was.

So the new version fixes a few bugs with the new subclass Diva (it was possible to have multiple items that unlock that class)
You could recruit Flandre on her first event if you chose Kaguya on 5F, but it was fixed, she will now join at her second event (I think that's what it says)
I'm bad, it's not Flandre, it's Mokou, there was a problem recruiting her on 10F if you had Kaguya first, but now going back to the event after patching should recruit her normally
Added some spell effects, but there's stil some missing
Fixed the bugs that cause the game to crash when using some spells/skills from subclasses
There's a few other stuff, but that's the most important I could find

Edit: Achievement 8 is now working proprely
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 12:34:45 AM by kuilfrayt »

« Reply #467 on: August 15, 2013, 01:29:51 AM »
How is everyone playing the game?  Did ya'll buy the digital?  I'm broke for another three weeks :(

« Reply #468 on: August 15, 2013, 03:23:01 AM »
First post on these forums XD

I played the hell out of the first game and played the LoT2 demo waaaaay back when it was only one floor...
I'm enjoying the updates to LoT2, keep it up guys  :D

PS. can someone direct me to where i can buy the game? I'd love to join the conversation real time :P
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 09:52:03 AM by Pesco »

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
« Reply #469 on: August 15, 2013, 03:24:25 AM »
Hey, kuilfrayt...

Spoiler:
Would it be too much to ask if you can post what the Diva spec has in skills and spells? I apologize for been impatient.

Also, can one run LoT2 on Linux via WINE or something?
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

The Krve

• Power Word : Silence
« Reply #470 on: August 15, 2013, 04:11:25 AM »
We gonna need some translation on Kasen's skills kuil  :V

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #471 on: August 15, 2013, 04:25:47 AM »
Ah gawd I just want to enjoy the game!! Damn it people!! Oh well, don't worry about it, I'll post a lot tomorrow on the wiki. I'll do 4 new specialities that I have access to and I'll finish characters for 7F-10F. Ran, Patchouli, Meiling and Reisen are done already.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #472 on: August 15, 2013, 04:40:07 AM »
Ah gawd I just want to enjoy the game!! Damn it people!! Oh well, don't worry about it, I'll post a lot tomorrow on the wiki. I'll do 4 new specialities that I have access to and I'll finish characters for 7F-10F. Ran, Patchouli, Meiling and Reisen are done already.
Please let Ran be like her LoT1 version, she was hella useful when you needed back up buffs.
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
« Reply #473 on: August 15, 2013, 05:01:05 AM »
Please let Ran be like her LoT1 version, she was hella useful when you needed back up buffs.

Spoiler:
Ran is capable of doing so, but only if you activate a skill for her first...

Spoiler:
Super-Difficult, Ultra-Fast Arithmetic
Skill point cost: 20
When Ran uses an ability that targets all allies, the MP cost will be doubled, but the spell will affect all party members, including those in the reserve party. The amount of HP recovered and the increase in stats will be halved for those in the reserve party.

Spoiler:
The odd thing about this skill is that it says that "All allies" targeting HP healing spells will be affected by this skill in the same way, but I don't see how Ran can get a spell of that nature at the moment via the sub-classes. Maybe one of the four unlockable ones has that power?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #474 on: August 15, 2013, 06:04:24 AM »
Spoiler:
The odd thing about this skill is that it says that "All allies" targeting HP healing spells will be affected by this skill in the same way, but I don't see how Ran can get a spell of that nature at the moment via the sub-classes. Maybe one of the four unlockable ones has that power?
Spoiler:
enhancer makes buffs heal
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #475 on: August 15, 2013, 06:08:02 AM »
Yen it is.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ygg9rbf84pg8ah9/img1.dxa

Is this based off the retail version of img1.dxa or the trial version?

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #476 on: August 15, 2013, 06:13:36 AM »
Is this based off the retail version of img1.dxa or the trial version?

Retail.

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
« Reply #477 on: August 15, 2013, 06:24:51 AM »
Spoiler:
enhancer makes buffs heal

Spoiler:
Yes, but is said healing affected by Ran's special skill?

The Krve

• Power Word : Silence
« Reply #478 on: August 15, 2013, 07:05:07 AM »
Spoiler:
Anyone knows how to solve Meiling's event on the 7th floor ?
Edit: Alice kicked my ass.
Meiling seems to be sending you to collect something. 2 of them are on the 7th floor
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 09:41:28 AM by The Krve »

« Reply #479 on: August 15, 2013, 12:06:24 PM »
Spoiler:
Anyone knows how to solve Meiling's event on the 7th floor ?
Edit: Alice kicked my ass.
Meiling seems to be sending you to collect something. 2 of them are on the 7th floor

Spoiler:
The other 2 things are on the 8th floor; if i remember correctly, I was backtracking a lot between the 7th and 8th floor in order to grind up for alice. However, you have to fight a boss to get access to the area with the last one

Spoiler:
also I hate that tree FOE, whenever i'm close to killing him he spams a huge heal ;-;