Author Topic: Wine and TH14 with Intel Integrated Graphics  (Read 2073 times)

yorgje

• I couldn't resist being a dumbass!
    • STGrillz: Touhou streams etc.
Wine and TH14 with Intel Integrated Graphics
« on: May 28, 2013, 02:00:31 PM »
Hi all. I know that TH11-13 are supposed to run at unplayably slow FPS in wine with intel integrated graphics, and I've sort of accepted this for now after having scoured the entire internet for solutions.

However, I was pleasantly surprised to find that I was able to play DDC at 60 FPS. Well, for one day at least. The following day (no reboot, I always leave my computer on), the game would only play at 15 FPS. Occasionally I'll run it anyways, and about 1/10 of the times, it runs at full 60 FPS. It doesn't seem to be correlated with my memory usage. Any insights on what this could be? I know my computer can handle it, since it runs just fine in Windows.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Re: Wine and TH14 with Intel Integrated Graphics
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 06:51:22 PM »
I can get it playing at a slowdown rate of only 9% (about mid-50s FPS) 0%. For this, you need to open custom.exe on a Windows machine, and then select 1/2 framerate and Fast input latency. The nvidia 304.88 driver works for me. Also, play 640x480, windowed mode or full screen.

That should give you 60FPS. I think the slow framerates are related to 960x720.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 08:25:56 PM by Tengukami »

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

yorgje

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 09:01:55 AM »
I can get it playing at a slowdown rate of only 9% (about mid-50s FPS) 0%. For this, you need to open custom.exe on a Windows machine, and then select 1/2 framerate and Fast input latency. The nvidia 304.88 driver works for me. Also, play 640x480, windowed mode or full screen.

That should give you 60FPS. I think the slow framerates are related to 960x720.
Thanks for the reply, although I don't have a nvidia card, so I don't think an nvidia driver would have helped.
I've actually discovered that just leaving the game open for a minute or two brings the frame rate right up to 60fps. Very strange.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 01:07:29 AM »
I've actually discovered that just leaving the game open for a minute or two brings the frame rate right up to 60fps. Very strange.
That is. On further testing, I find a much more consistent 60FPS in 640x480 windowed mode than anything else. It's pretty intense playing it that way, to be honest.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

yorgje

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 04:58:32 AM »
I've actually always played 640x480 since I often stream, and I can't read the chat if I make the window larger. You get used to it fast. I actually can't effectively play fullscreen anymore, since I can't easily look ahead at bullets.

I suppose I should stop bumping this resolved thread.