Author Topic: FFXIII Versus to be on PS4?  (Read 1892 times)

Zerviscos

• Infinite Bread Chewing Powers! Activate!
  • Om nom nom nom nom nom*
FFXIII Versus to be on PS4?
« on: February 05, 2013, 02:12:42 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TrEU6Rdpnc

DERP FACE*

We have only two FFs in 7th Gen. One sucks so much due to extended sequels, and the online one sucks so much due to gameplay that it has been recalled.

Seriously, we were waiting since E3 2006 for XIII Versus, hoping it to be the only FF this current gen to be proven worthy. Square Enix already cancelled Type-0's release for US, which is why we're stuck relying on JP hacks.
Now we have to wait for another few years(likely for a better version of a released PS4, or...money), to actually get the game and play it. I know, I know, it's just a rumor, but really sad...

I don't know, but I'm beginning to think lowly of SE nowadays, probably it was after Hironobu Sakaguchi leaving the company. SE games now are...meh...slowly progressive and less innovative IMO.
I already lost hope long ago, right after they announced XIII-3. With the upcoming 8th gen, I don't think SE is dumb enough to release XIII Versus on a dying console.

Square Enix, I don't know WTF is happening to you guys, but...get your s**t straight.

Twitter | Steam | Battle.net[Zerviscos#1833]

Re: FFXIII Versus to be on PS4?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 02:35:39 PM »
Square Enix, I don't know WTF is happening to you guys, but...get your s**t straight.

I get the feeling the more likely scenario will be bankruptcy. 

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 02:43:43 PM »
Yes, because some random guy on a gaming forum would have insider information about the confidential long-term development plans for a Japanese company.

That's not to say it wouldn't surprise me, but the PS3's not a dying system by any stretch of the imagination.  Porting it to PS4 would be done only if Sony bribed them with many dollars to encourage PS4 sales.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 02:40:51 AM »
I get the feeling the more likely scenario will be bankruptcy.
And I get the feeling the only thing keeping them afloat is Eidos.

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 03:01:41 AM »
And I get the feeling the only thing keeping them afloat is Eidos.
Being a real cynic I think the thing keeping them up is Enix (despite them saying the acquisition was stupid, that's relative to reinvesting the same amount  in themselves). Although that had a major cash cow franchise end fairly recently. (Full Metal Alchemist)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 03:04:55 AM by Think Komachi with a Rifle »

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 02:37:35 AM »
Speak of the Devil...

From SanCom (Take it for what you will...):

Square Enix has been making news again ? this time for posting a loss of 5.7 billion yen in its most recent financial statement, having posted a profit of 5 billion yen for the same period last year ? the loss now being blamed on intense competition in the Japanese video game market and the fact that for some inexplicable reason foreigners refuse to buy its fine titles.

Despite the discouraging loss, April-December sales were up 7% to 102 billion yen, in no small part thanks to moderate sales from the likes of Hong Kong-based GTA clone Sleeping Dogs (1.5 million) and newly streamlined Hitman: Absolution.

However, their sales were not enough to cover development and marketing expenses, resulting in an operating loss of 4.8 billion yen, down from a profit of 11.2 billion on the same period a year earlier.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 06:19:05 AM by Aya Reiko »

Zerviscos

• Infinite Bread Chewing Powers! Activate!
  • Om nom nom nom nom nom*
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2013, 03:47:15 PM »
SE's financial issues? What's new?

Ever since fans got rage issues, most of them have been neglecting some of their titles. Only hardcore ones as myself(even though we rage), just keeps buying from them. Which we are probably like 1% of the fanbase.
They got so down right after everyone was disappointed how FFXIV was. Which practically took them years of effort to make, and that was alongside FFXIII.

Their cash cow Full Metal Alchemist is gone now. If Tomb Raider becomes a hit, they'll overcome that(I don't know though, if it still has a lot of fans. I myself have overlooked recent titles of the series. Last I played was on PS2).

If they started focusing on one game before blabbering about another game. They wouldn't have much trouble. Seriously, why announce three to four games at an E3 convention simultaneously? Increase hype? More like increased rage over the years.
Probably they'll recover from "Kingdom Hearts 1.5". As with that, I hope it gets released this later year.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 03:50:38 PM by En »

Twitter | Steam | Battle.net[Zerviscos#1833]