Author Topic: Rumia Quest II: Widening Darkness [Complete]  (Read 31662 times)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Re: Rumia Quest II: Widening Darkness
« Reply #390 on: March 26, 2012, 06:00:32 PM »
>Let her take the ribbon.

> It's not like you could stop her, Yumeko, like just before Yukari pulled you away, is gripping you so tightly you can't move, almost like a bear hug.

> Shinki pulls your ribbon off, and you lose all vision, and feel weird, a power surgeing through you.

> Yumeko lets go.

> You are surrounded by an orb of complete, inpenetrable darkness to anyone outside, almost like a cacoon, however, even on the other side of the barrier, everyone and feel the energy being given off.

> "Rumia?!" Mystcia asks.

> "What's goin on?!" Cirno says, looking confused.

> "Why all this fuss over a riboon?" Wriggle asked.

> "This cannot be good." Reimu said.

> The dark orb fades away, revealing your new form. You look virtually the same, except instead of looking like a ten year old, you look more like a twenty year old, significantly taller. You also have large wings, made of black energy. You feel a massive surge of power flowing through you, but also are fighting back the urge to kill everything in sight. You understand what Yukari was going on about now.

> You also know who these figures around you are, except Mima, you remember fighting Yukari, and slaughtering many beings. The bloodlust. The power. Everything is hitting you. If it wasn't for Yukari, you probobly would have gone mad already.

> But you're not mad. Not yet.

> You have two minuites. Shinki is in front of you, looking like she's the cat who got the cream, holding the ribbon in her right hand. Yumeko is behind you.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #391 on: March 26, 2012, 06:04:14 PM »
>Give Shinki a taste of what she just released. Grab that ribbon and blast the shit out of her.  Then turn our power on the barrier and break through it.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #392 on: March 26, 2012, 06:12:11 PM »
>Give Shinki a taste of what she just released. Grab that ribbon and blast the shit out of her.  Then turn our power on the barrier and break through it.

> "So... do you like the feeling?" Shinki asks.

> Immediately afterwards you give her the answer, a fist to the gut, which causes her to double over, and drop the ribbon, which you quickly grab.

> You feel a sharp pain in your back, and turn to see Yumeko having slammed two of her swords into it.

> You hear a thunderous crack, and turn to see a large pillar, surrounded by Iron Rings, smashing through the barrier, before vanishing. Everyone is looking at Sanae, who's panting heavily.

> "I... chanelled the power of Suwako and Kanako... they're gods after all... dosen't matter if this Shinki is a god or not... I need... a rest after that..." she pants.

> At this point, all hell breaks loose, danmaku begins flying everywhere, as both sides engage.

> Shinki is quickly recovering. Six white wings materialise out of her back.

---
EX-Rumia powers:
High physical power, unarmed, and can call a blade of dark energy to her bidding
Absolute control over your Darkness.
Danmaku, although you have no new spellcards, they are now EX versions. They recharge as quickly as Normal spells, but are stronger than Lunatic.
Far superior flight compared to before
The ability to heal rapidly when in shade
Dark Energy, which isn't exactly danmaku, but it's powerful, if a little unweildly and unstable

Sanity Timer: 1:50 [Can be extended by moving away from the portal]
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 06:16:12 PM by Raikaria »

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #393 on: March 26, 2012, 06:16:59 PM »
>Cover the area in darkness, but make it so that the darkness only blinds the enemies.
>Is the portal still present? If so, throw Shinki into it.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #394 on: March 26, 2012, 06:33:05 PM »
>Cover the area in darkness, but make it so that the darkness only blinds the enemies.
>Is the portal still present? If so, throw Shinki into it.

> You blind all the opposition. Oddly enough, it seems Mima is uneffected. She's currently fighting Reimu and Marisa, but the fight is certainly not as intense as the other fights. Maybe she's not on their side after all, and thus not covered by you commanding your darkness to effect the enemies? To an extent, this makes thing better, but also makes things worse in some ways, due to the random spam the denizens of Makai are putting out.

> Speaking of which, you notice Youmu and Yuyuko are fighting Sariel, the Satoris and their pets are fighting the demon you now recall as Elis, and pretty much everyone else is fighting YuugenMagan, due to it's size, and the failure to find any weaknesses, the attacks on it's eyes are just passing through, and nothing's working on the midpoint either due to it's incopreal nature.

> The portal is still present, but it'll be difficult doing much of anything with Yumeko materialising swords and using your back as a pincushion. She dosen't really need to see at this range.

> Shinki has recovered, and unleashes a massive hail of danmaku upon you. "I don't need to see to fight!" you hear her boast. Indeed, her burst is deadly accurate, and certainly not like the spam everyone else is putting out.

> 1:40 left.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #395 on: March 26, 2012, 06:38:39 PM »
>Erect a darkness barrier to block the danmaku.
>Pull Yumeko's swords out and throw them at her, then form our own and smack her down with it.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #396 on: March 26, 2012, 06:40:38 PM »
>"It doesn't matter to me either, I can beat you now too!"
>If we have absolute control over our darkness, then it'd be possible to form the darkness around Yumeko into a grasping hand to trap her, and then fling her through the portal, yeah?
>Try to pull the fight away from the portal while laying out a barrage!
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #397 on: March 26, 2012, 06:49:46 PM »
>Erect a darkness barrier to block the danmaku.
>Pull Yumeko's swords out and throw them at her, then form our own and smack her down with it.

>"It doesn't matter to me either, I can beat you now too!"
>If we have absolute control over our darkness, then it'd be possible to form the darkness around Yumeko into a grasping hand to trap her, and then fling her through the portal, yeah?
>Try to pull the fight away from the portal while laying out a barrage!

[Note: Darkness is a lack of light. To do something physical with the darkness is using Dark Energy. You have good control of it, it's just unweildy. Your absolute control of darkness is what you're using to blind everyone.]

> You form a wall of black energy, crackleing with some blue arcs of lightling to block Shinki's danmaku barrage, as you pull Yumeko's blades out of your back, throwing them to the ground.

> You spin around, and form a longsword out of the same energy you made the wall with, slashing Yumeko, who turns into a green outline as your blade passes through her.

> "Sorry, it's not going to be that easy, I still have my other four senses." Yumeko said, as she turned back into her material form. She did have a very small gash in her side, so had clearly reacted with her ability, which, if you recall, is to phase in and out of reality. You also remember why Yumeko isn't bleeding from the gash, and why her face was hard when you tried to reverse-headbutt it before. Yumeko is literally a doll, with a spirit in it. The spirit of the origional Yumeko, who you killed in a rampage.

> Your back is healing due to the shade created by your wall of dark energy, which won't stay up much longer.

> You form a hand of dark energy around Yumeko in an attempt to throw her into the portal, but she just phases out of reality, and moves away from it.

> Your wall of dark energy fades, and you notice Shinki's wings are now dark purple, with ornate designs on them. This means she's serious.

> You back away from the portal. The urge to go mad and kill everything within a twenty mile radius dies down a bit.

Time: 1:40

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #398 on: March 26, 2012, 06:55:27 PM »
>Alright then, time to grab Shinki then! Create a whole lot of hands around Shinki, then set them all to grabbing her!
>If the above works, force her through the portal with 'em!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #399 on: March 26, 2012, 06:55:58 PM »
>If that doesn't work, hit her with Lunar Eclipse.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #400 on: March 26, 2012, 07:00:40 PM »
>Alright then, time to grab Shinki then! Create a whole lot of hands around Shinki, then set them all to grabbing her!
>If the above works, force her through the portal with 'em!

> Dark energy is a little unweildy, so you can't make it look all pretty when you're manipulateing multiple instances of it. You just form an orb around Shinki.

> Which is promptly ripped open by a barrage of purple lasers... which then curve to head towards you.

>If that doesn't work, hit her with Lunar Eclipse.

> You fire off your Lunar Eclipse Spellcard, the EX version adds a third Moonlight Ray directly in front of you, as well as making the Demarkation waves as dense as Suwako's final spellcard [Not that you know this]. The aimed shots are also faster. The curved lasers are simply obliterated.

> "Demon's Art: Devil's Recitiation". Shinki says, unleashing a massive barrage of danmaku, and lasers. The two attacks collide in the middle of you two, with no clear advantage so early.

> 1:30 left.

« Reply #401 on: March 26, 2012, 07:01:37 PM »
>So basically, Shinki is our creator/mother right?
>Relationships with Makai residents
>What do we know of Shinki's powers?
>If we know how to beat YuugenMagan, tell the others.
>"I get that you miss Alice, but destroying everything to get her back isn't going to help! I should know, the whole rampage thing ended badly."
>"Besides, these are our friends, we can't just let you kill them!"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #402 on: March 26, 2012, 07:08:47 PM »
>So basically, Shinki is our creator/mother right?
>Relationships with Makai residents
>What do we know of Shinki's powers?
>If we know how to beat YuugenMagan, tell the others.
>"I get that you miss Alice, but destroying everything to get her back isn't going to help! I should know, the whole rampage thing ended badly."
>"Besides, these are our friends, we can't just let you kill them!"

> You do not know how you came into being, but you know you were not directly created by Shinki's hand.
> Shinki: Overlord of Makai, pretty much the only one that could stop your rampages... with force.
> Yumeko: You killed her. She got better. Kinda.
> Mai: Well, you know why she's so scared of you now.
> You cannot recall having any freinds in Makai. Anyone except Shinki within vision of you got brutally murdered usually.

> You know she is exceptionally powerful, and within Makai, quite literally is God. If it wasn't for your ability to utilise Dark Energy itself, she probobly would have destroyed you. The Dark energy is more plentiful in Makai itself, but Shinki is literally invincible within Makai. Attempting to defeat Shinki in Makai would be as fruitful as killing a fairy for good.

> You do not know how to defeat YuugenMagan, but you're sure she has some sort of weakness.

> "Except this isn't a rampage. It's an invasion. Retribution. It is not mindless wholesale salughter like what you used to do!" Shinki said.

> "The Rumia I knew would never have said that!" Shinki spat.

> 1:20 left

> Shinki's attack is starting to push yours back.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #403 on: March 26, 2012, 07:14:51 PM »
>Then put more energy into it! If she couldn't beat us in Makai, she won't even come close here!
>"Even if you take Alice back like this, she'll hate you forever!"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #404 on: March 26, 2012, 07:17:13 PM »
>Start adding some Dark Energy bombardments from behind her!
>"And besides! That's because I'm not the old Rumia! I'm me! I've grown, and changed! I've become someone better than I used to be!"
>"....You haven't."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #405 on: March 26, 2012, 07:19:32 PM »
>Then put more energy into it! If she couldn't beat us in Makai, she won't even come close here!
>"Even if you take Alice back like this, she'll hate you forever!"

> She could beat you in Makai. She was the only one who could, but she's weaker here!

> "Within Makai? I can make her enjoy it!" Shinki retorted.

> Your spell pushes back, they are level again.

> You see several blades heading for you. Yumeko must have found your location using your voice. Luckily, your danmaku blocks them, but she may be able to find a way through.

>Start adding some Dark Energy bombardments from behind her!
>"And besides! That's because I'm not the old Rumia! I'm me! I've grown, and changed! I've become someone better than I used to be!"
>"....You haven't."

> The instant you start using the Dark energy, your spell weakens, and begins to be pushed back, however, the Dark Energy quickly slams into Shinki, stunning her long enough to push it closer to her.

> "I can feel your old self in there, fighting to come out..." Shinki said.

> "Whatever you say."

> 1:10

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #406 on: March 26, 2012, 07:21:50 PM »
>Alright, time to quit playing around then!
>Put just about everything we've got into the spellcard!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #407 on: March 26, 2012, 07:23:12 PM »
>"You think it's better to kill people?"
>"You'd mess up your own daughter's mind? That's sick! No wonder she hates you!"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #408 on: March 26, 2012, 07:26:09 PM »
>Alright, time to quit playing around then!
>Put just about everything we've got into the spellcard!

> You can't freely change the power of a spellcard... except it's an EX spellcard, and your strongest one. Part of the parcel is that as they get closer to timing out, they get even stronger!

> Your spell enters the next phase, with the lasers becoming wider. Shinki's spell is losing now, but the frontal assult is concentrated enough to still be protecting her, despite the side lasers going right through the sides of the spell. Shinki looks visibly worried.

>"You think it's better to kill people?"
>"You'd mess up your own daughter's mind? That's sick! No wonder she hates you!"

> "If they take what is mine, if they oppose my will, it is what I must do!" Shinki proclaimed.

> "She is not my daughter! She is a denizen of my world! She is a follower, a desciple! I am her GOD, and I have the obligation to protect her!"

> 1:05

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #409 on: March 26, 2012, 07:29:06 PM »
>"Shut up! Mind control isn't protecting her, it's destroying her! You'd force her to be different from who she is! How is that protecting her?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #410 on: March 26, 2012, 07:29:58 PM »
>"Shut up! Mind control isn't protecting her, it's destroying her! You'd force her to be different from who she is! How is that protecting her?"

> "Mind Control? When did I ever say that? I have absolute power over Makai. I can give her everything she wants, and more. Give her a perfect little segment of my perfect realm!"

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #411 on: March 26, 2012, 07:44:38 PM »
>"You said you were gonna make her like it!"
>"You think giving her that stuff is going to make her happy? She wants to stay here! She'll only hate you more if you do that!"
>"This isn't about her at all, is it? You're not thinking about her, you're just pissed that someone you made isn't just mindlessly obeying you. And that's your own fault! If you want her to do everything you say, why'd you give her free will?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #412 on: March 26, 2012, 07:49:04 PM »
>"Did you ever stop to think that maybe she was happy with what she already has!? You may not be her mother, but you were the closest thing to one she had!"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #413 on: March 26, 2012, 07:51:53 PM »
>"You said you were gonna make her like it!"
>"You think giving her that stuff is going to make her happy? She wants to stay here! She'll only hate you more if you do that!"
>"This isn't about her at all, is it? You're not thinking about her, you're just pissed that someone you made isn't just mindlessly obeying you. And that's your own fault! If you want her to do everything you say, why'd you give her free will?"

> "There are many ways to make someone like something. Endless ways. You can make someone enjoy something through positive reinforcement, negative reinforcement, and, mind control, drugs, experiance, acceptance, will-breaking. I aim for the first of those." Shinki said.

> "She will be happier there! Back home! She only came here initially for revenge on Marisa, Reimu, Yuuka and Mima, but the Hakurei Maiden and Yukari sealed the portal after she went through! She was trapped here! I came to free her, and the delusions she has picked up!"

> Shinki's spell suddenly pushes back with immense force, and you feel a massive killing intent, larger than what you feel within your own mind. "YOU DARE..... TO INSULT ME?!" she roars, glowing with a red and purple aura.

>"Did you ever stop to think that maybe she was happy with what she already has!? You may not be her mother, but you were the closest thing to one she had!"

> "I aim to return her to what she has!"

> Alice appears behind Shinki, her Grimoire open, and all her three main dolls around her. she motions for you to be quiet.

> 60 seconds remaining.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #414 on: March 26, 2012, 07:58:29 PM »
>Push back!
>"What the hell is your problem? She knows what she wants better than you do, and if you care about her at all, you'll let her choose! And if you want her to choose you, maybe you should be nicer! She doesn't want to go with you because you're treating all of us like we're inferior! And I don't care if you're a god, that's just wrong! Maybe if you didn't act like a little spoiled bitch, Alice wouldn't hate you!"

Yes, I know Rumia's supposed to be childish, but over a hundred years, I'm sure she's heard the word 'bitch' before.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #415 on: March 26, 2012, 08:07:13 PM »
>Push back!
>"What the hell is your problem? She knows what she wants better than you do, and if you care about her at all, you'll let her choose! And if you want her to choose you, maybe you should be nicer! She doesn't want to go with you because you're treating all of us like we're inferior! And I don't care if you're a god, that's just wrong! Maybe if you didn't act like a little spoiled bitch, Alice wouldn't hate you!"

Yes, I know Rumia's supposed to be childish, but over a hundred years, I'm sure she's heard the word 'bitch' before.

[EX-Rumia isn't childish. She has all her lifes experiance right now, minus the bloodlust Yukari is holding back, it's perfectly in character for her, tbh.]

> "Haven't you ever hard of God's Divine Plan? Saying the idividual knows what's best better than God is foolish! She's forgotten where she belongs! She's forgotten her home, I don't know what the Hakurei Maiden, the Gap Hag and who knows who else has done to her to brainwash her but I will free her and bring her back..."

> Shinki suddenly recoils from an attack from behind her, her spell shattering. Alice, Golaith, Shanghai and Hourai all attacked, hitting Shinki with a blast of Fire, a laser, massive amounts of concentrated danmaku, and a sword-wave.

> The goddess looks to see her attacker, before your attack slams into her. Washing over both her and where Alice is.

> Your spell fades, timed out. You see Shinki in front of Alice, having sheilded her.

> "I don't understand... why... Alice..." Shinki said. She looks like she took some damage from the attack, but the fact that she's still floating there speaks volumes. She dosen't sound as haughty and proud anymore.

> You notice Mima shoot an attack towards Marisa, a stream of stars, which the witch dodges. The attacks hit YuugenMagan's core, and there is actually a reaction of pain. No-one besides you seems to notice the cause of this reaction, but in your current state, it clicks YuugenMagan's weakness, indirect attacks. She may be invunerable to everything aimed at her, but an attack that missed seemed to hurt her. Maybe this was Mima's intention?

> 50 seconds.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #416 on: March 26, 2012, 08:12:30 PM »
>If SHinki isn't attacking anymore, shoot at YuugenMagen like Mima did.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #417 on: March 26, 2012, 08:13:47 PM »
>"She wanted to knock some sense into you, is that so wrong? She really does see you as a mother, and to her, you were losing your marbles. And here in gensokyo, the best way to bring someone out of that is to say it with Danmaku. I should know, I did the same thing for her. She understood the feelings I put into them, could you understand the feelings she put into her attack?"
>Send an offhand barrage in Yuugen-Magan's general direction.

I'm thinking that once the timer hits 10, we re-equip the ribbon.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #418 on: March 26, 2012, 08:16:41 PM »
>If SHinki isn't attacking anymore, shoot at YuugenMagen like Mima did.

> You shoot YuugenMagen, but your attack does nothing. Mima specifically aimed her attack at Marisa, who dodged, and it hit YuugenMagen. Thus, you cannot intentionally attack YuugenMagen, you must do so indirectly.

> This time, one of Sariel's stray shots hits YuugenMagen's core, causing a howl of pain. It seems Sariel's attack was stronger than Mima's.

> Shinki is unmoving, just floating between you and Alice, wordless, waiting for Alice to respond.

>"She wanted to knock some sense into you, is that so wrong? She really does see you as a mother, and to her, you were losing your marbles. And here in gensokyo, the best way to bring someone out of that is to say it with Danmaku. I should know, I did the same thing for her. She understood the feelings I put into them, could you understand the feelings she put into her attack?"
>Send an offhand barrage in Yuugen-Magan's general direction.

I'm thinking that once the timer hits 10, we re-equip the ribbon.

> Shinki dosen't speak to you. All she says is "Alice...".

> You attempt to send a random barrage without looking in YuugenMagen's direction, but you wither missed or it didn't work due to your intentions.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #419 on: March 26, 2012, 08:18:14 PM »
>Let Shinki and Alice talk. Be alert for any attacks headed our way.