Author Topic: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server ( Down for the season )  (Read 237002 times)

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
Re: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server ( 1.0 Update! )
« Reply #150 on: December 15, 2011, 07:26:16 PM »
It's for notification to others who weren't with us at the time.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

« Reply #151 on: December 15, 2011, 08:06:44 PM »
Why does all of this shit happen when I'm sleeping? :V

Anyway, I guess this means that the arguments and selfishness can subside for a while?

« Reply #152 on: December 15, 2011, 08:23:19 PM »

it's getting more and more it's form. Will be open to build there soon.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #153 on: December 15, 2011, 08:29:47 PM »
Man that looks incredible. Totally calling a spot for a house down there.

« Reply #154 on: December 15, 2011, 08:38:23 PM »
Looking good. Chireiden will be placed there soon, no?

« Reply #155 on: December 15, 2011, 08:45:16 PM »

THERE

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #156 on: December 15, 2011, 10:39:02 PM »
THERE
Dem nooses caused it I tell ya!

Today, on Cobble Chef....

*Tengu stew pics coming in later*

MotK Stew?

And a fitting punishment for the slacker on the job:

Tasty? Hungry? :V
Bad command or file name

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #157 on: December 15, 2011, 10:45:35 PM »

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #158 on: December 15, 2011, 11:13:55 PM »
Here's some more!

[attach=1]

[attach=2]

[attach=3]

[attach=4]

[attach=5]

[attach=6]

Oh man, riding a chicken.
[attach=7]
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

Tamashii Kanjou

• If you didn't quite already know...
  • I am the leader of TCF <3
    • TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #159 on: December 15, 2011, 11:33:42 PM »

I wouldn't mind joining Stuffman in that list; I'd love a little house underground.

If you don't mind, of course. ^^

« Reply #160 on: December 15, 2011, 11:35:16 PM »
TODAY ON COOKING WITH STRAFE:
Patchouli: "Let's see, how to easily remove unneeded portions of food..." :V

EDIT- Our daily duplicate player: FIRE EDITION
[attach=1]

The duplicate EP is our Eternal Human Torch.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 12:26:12 AM by Dr.Strafe »

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #161 on: December 15, 2011, 11:45:17 PM »
Same here, probably a small abode there. After Chireiden is put in, of course.

EDIT- Our daily duplicate player: FIRE EDITION
Hehe.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 12:59:57 AM by 大諏訪子 Gang Empire »
Bad command or file name

CadrinHaverit

« Reply #162 on: December 16, 2011, 12:36:10 AM »
WARNING:
INBOUND WALL OF TEXT (jeez I feel bad about posting this, it's just so much random bullspit because I find it hard to be concise, I tried to remedy that with underlines but it did not help much because some things are bordering on being quite important to me and it's hard to judge them in zeroes and ones as relevant/irrelevant, save for off-topic)
While I would not mind seeing you again on the server long-term as the roaming hermit (I can cover the Eraiya-style contributions minus the inventory hacking)
That's kind of you but ah, would you stop with that hacking thing!... I told you already, explained in detail, even, in the previous topic, how I legitimately farmed these six or seven music disks. And why I had so many leftover minecarts from my failed minecraft-based cargo hold project.

And yeah, I thought you would hold a grudge against me (I wrote the post before speaking with EP, I feel a little better about it now), so I just wanted to make you sure that you knew that I really did not want to go anywhere anyone's public property with any placeable blocks in hand for a while. So that you at the very least knew that I was not going to grief. (Because I said earlier that I liked the graffiti thing. It might have left you worried, but let me assure again that I really do not plan on making makeovers of others' creation a surprise.)

You know, Doc. It's simple, though I tend to overcomplicate things. I belong to MotK and I don't belong to any other community that plays minecraft, so I don't know any other server. I don't wanna play anywhere else. The duping thing? It can wait. It is obviously an excuse because I could probably set up a multiplayer server myself for these purposes. I'm not that curious about it, though, and someone else who knows the bug will probably take care of testing it and make sure that everyone and Jeb's mother knows about it, because that's how information works on the interwebs. The more words I utter, the more and more convoluted, off-topic and self-contradictory it ends up looking as I keep changing my mind and as I start to feel different about things over time. So the second sentence from my first post on the last page of the previous thread holds the most true reason of them all: "I miss you guys".

If you feel like it, fine, I can wait a month, half a year or an eternity until you feel comfortable enough about the thought of having me and my incessant malarkey around or until you feel good enough to think that you are able to take the risk of having to put up with the aftermath of a griefing spree on which I might go despite repeated claims of having no such intent (and you are rightly suspicious, because today I might behave, but who knows what tomorrow holds? the trick it, it applies to everyone.), pulling a Tomhoffman and proving that I am very antisocial and/or just overall dangerous to others' well-being indeed. (Which I actually am, but hey, I've got medicine for that, and some will to learn how society works, but that's a different story. I really do hope it will end well, though.)
I wonder why no other person convicted for crimes against the server ever spoke in the thread again, though. I mean, whew what they did was not smart. It happens, but everyone should get over it one day. Is it like they do not care anymore? Why would they not want to try hard to redeem themselves and prove that they've learned a lesson and make everyone happy? That'd be very Touhou-ish, too... Maybe it hurts their pride to have to ask for forgiveness, as that could be considered begging under certain circumstances, but that's not how it works... I don't know, guys. :\ Maybe it is me who is not doing the right thing bothering you and i really do not want to bother anyone, but how do I know when I am pushing things too far? Why dare I even defy Doc's and Stuffman's judgment? Sure, I am myself so I can speak about myself, but how do I know if I know myself?

I mean, how do I know for sure that I can control myself enough to be sure that I will not do any harm unto others? Surely my will is weak and I find it hard to resist temptations, though there has been some improvement in that department during that year, I just realized. I yearn for a second chance, because it's like a test. Even I don't know the outcome. I feel confident that I will not attempt vandalising other people's things without permission again. You can never be sure, but in my language it's the closest equivalent of saying "I'm sure".

Ah, this message changed so much during the hour as I added more and more to it. Standing back and taking a look at this abomination of a post I've just conceived made me realize: I'm sure I can do it. I care. I wrote much more than I should have. I only ever open up to people like that when I know I want to be with them. Which by the way is why I have so few friends. Because it totally does not work in real life. Ordinarily you would just chat people up with small talk before moving up step by step and growing more intimate over time, while I just outright show myself both at my best and at my worst at the same time right off the bat, and am instantly branded as a weirdo, very much rightly so. Not that I mind, really, those who accepted me is all I need. So don't be like that if you want to befriend many people IRL... But enough about that.

The most important question of them all is THIS:
will the Hell of Blazing Fires be located in the overworld or in the Nether? I think the Nether would suit it more, being already pretty hellish. And infested with ghasts. Hey. Get it? Because they rain danmaku on your head. :D

EDIT: Eh, I'm done. Mother of God. This started off as a quick response to EP and a nudge to Doc and Stuffman to reconsider their decision before it all went to hell... sorry?...
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 12:39:08 AM by Floccinaucinihilipilification »

« Reply #163 on: December 16, 2011, 01:17:42 AM »
Look, Cadrin. I'll try to keep this brief.

We just got through dealing with another problem player today. This (at least for me) brought back all of the thoughts and instances of the other players that have given us grief in the past. Paired with your repeated "nudging" to come back, your chances just keep dwindling away.

I'm sorry that your real life situations call for the need to use medication. However, you need to understand that it will not justify your actions. I am a staunch opponent of such medications and the ill-conceived dependence on them, but that is a debate for another time and place.

If you really want to come back and play with us, then take some time away from this subject as a whole. You can still talk Minecraft with us, but please stop trying to convince us to let you back. Just take the subject off of the table completely. Perhaps one day, we will grant you your request. But for the time being, the decision stands.

CadrinHaverit

« Reply #164 on: December 16, 2011, 01:27:18 AM »
Got that.

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
« Reply #165 on: December 16, 2011, 05:08:38 AM »
I'm sorry that I was getting my OWN materials to build a CONSISTENT looking building.
I was never going to camp on spawn either.

And I guess that means that Shady won't get the
Spoiler:
Obsidan
I was going to give him.

Also, I was building it while Strafe was online, he seemed okay with it, otherwise he would have brought it up with me.

EDIT: Okay, now that I have calmed down a bit.

First of all, I would like to know what turn of events caused me to get un-whitelisted. Because if it was just based on the sand spawn incident, I will be very pissed.

Secondly, I would like to know how minor/major you thought the incident was. Because as far as I'm concerned, this was nothing compared to the stuff that Cadrin did (no offence intended with using you as an example).

Lastly, I would have really appreciated it if you had gave me a warning. The only warning I really got was the fact that you both (Stuffman and Strafe) seemed to be getting annoyed by the arguments about my house.

Also if you had just asked, I would have replaced the sand.
And another thing, if you are not going to take me back, then would take one request from me? Give Dino 16 diamonds, as I mined them in his house and he let me have them. So it's only fair if he gets them back.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 09:51:00 AM by J.O.B »

Dinosaur

• Property of PX
  • Minecraft slut.
« Reply #166 on: December 16, 2011, 06:58:45 AM »

AMAZING! ... may I have :V

Did you use TNT or dig it all out?

Dinosaur

• Property of PX
  • Minecraft slut.
« Reply #167 on: December 16, 2011, 07:05:48 AM »
I kind of read the forums ...

and..

OMG ...

SO MUCH DRAMA!!!

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #168 on: December 16, 2011, 07:34:45 AM »
I'm sorry that I was getting my OWN materials to build a CONSISTENT looking building.
...using OUR labour to build YOUR structure, and not willing to foot the bill when we ask for it.

I was never going to camp on spawn either.
Then why so much activity near spawn (sand, signs, floating cobble thing, your spawn favela, high-density-area Chennels, etc.)?

First of all, I would like to know what turn of events caused me to get un-whitelisted. Because if it was just based on the sand spawn incident, I will be very pissed.
Spawn sand seems to just be the trigger.
For many, including Strafe, your utter disregard for others and their concerns and the brash attitude you presented us (eg. refusal to answer simple questions about playtime, insulting those of us with high-end systems by scoffing us to play on Short) in response to this is the bigger reason.

Lastly, I would have really appreciated it if you had gave me a warning. The only warning I really got was the fact that you both (Stuffman and Strafe) seemed to be getting annoyed by the arguments about my house.
We gave warnings beforehand as friendly suggestions and forum posts, when the situation could more easily be rectified. In fact, my friendly reminder for renovation (which can be considered the initial yellow card) came partly as the result of your neighbours' comments about your location.

Also if you had just asked, I would have replaced the sand.
Unlikely given that we did the same for your place and you flatly refused to do your own dirty work.

Your best bet is to go to other SMP servers and learn how to play properly with communities. This includes getting the bare basics of aesthetics, functionality, and design.

In an effort to prevent further devolution, this will be the last I discuss this unless extraordinary evidence arises. Points still stand.

I kind of read the forums ...
The server is full of drama, I tell ya. Hopefully I also don't have to refer you to the DDR-Strafe server administration crisis...oh wait you were there at the time.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 08:13:42 AM by 大諏訪子 Gang Empire »
Bad command or file name

J.O.B

« Reply #169 on: December 16, 2011, 07:46:44 AM »
...using OUR labour to build YOUR structure, and not willing to foot the bill when we ask for it.
That was a different thing. Stop holding on to that as your only reason. I'm talking about the cobble/glass place I was making in the sky. None of you guys were even on when I made that.
Then why so much activity near spawn (sand, signs, floating cobble thing, your spawn favela, high-density-area Chennels, etc.)?
I got bored. Also Chennels are how I search for diamond, do you not want me searching for diamonds?
Spawn sand seems to just be the trigger.
I still don't think it was all that bad.
For many, including Strafe, your utter disregard for others and their concerns and the brash attitude you presented us (eg. refusal to answer simple questions about playtime, insulting those of us with high-end systems by scoffing us to play on Short) in response to this is the bigger reason.
Okay, I do admit tht my attitude is bad. It's a personal thing though, I've been trying to fix it for a long time with no avail. So it would be something you would most likely have to deal with. It's only bad when I get into arguments. And about the "insulting" high-end system users, you say it as if you are insulting me for not having a high-end system. And also I don't remember any questions about playtime.
We gave warnings beforehand as friendly suggestions and forum posts, when the situation could more easily be rectified. In fact, my friendly reminder for renovation (which can be considered the initial yellow card) came partly as the result of your neighbours' comments about your location.
I would never had considered them warnings. Like you said there were just friendly suggestions. Not warnings for me to change my behaviour.
Unlikely given that we did the same for your place and you flatly refused to do your own dirty work.
Exactly. It's MY place. Not yours, not anybody else.
Your best bet is to go to other SMP servers and learn how to play properly with communities. This includes getting the bare basics of aesthetics, functionality, and design.
This is the only server where I actually know other people. It's also the only server I trust. It's also the only server where I have fun (or at least "had" fun). I really don't think going to other servers would help me. Especially if I'm so hesitant to do it.

« Reply #170 on: December 16, 2011, 07:59:45 AM »
THIS. TOPIC. NEEDS. TO. END.

No, JOB. I never liked any of your buildings, but I tried to stress to you a desire to improve them without resorting to being rude. Your latest construct (the floating cobble/glass one) wasn't something that I was "okay with". You quit the server while I was criticizing it. When I returned, you had been removed by Stuffman, and I will not reverse that decision.

While I leave people to their own jurisdiction when it comes to their structures, I simply ask that they be fair toward other players. I have repeatedly told you not to expand further around spawn. You had consistently ignored that request. I have offered plenty of work-arounds to end the previous argument, which were either ignored or dismissed. Your stubbornness and failure to accept constructive criticism is what led you to this point, not to mention the arguable griefing that occurred at spawn in my absence.

Also, let it be known that JOB is not the only one that tried my patience during this whole affair. I don't appreciate that EP, Sunny, and HakureiSM continued to stoke the argument every time it seemed like it was being resolved. None of you were going to change each others' minds, and none of you were going to back down. Now it's over. JOB is gone. His stuff is erased. Let this subject die so that we can go back to having some fucking fun in the game.

I am done with this subject. I hope you all are too. Good day.

J.O.B

« Reply #171 on: December 16, 2011, 08:21:02 AM »
No, JOB. I never liked any of your buildings, but I tried to stress to you a desire to improve them without resorting to being rude.
I don't remember seeing you say much about it. I did see some, but not enough for me to consider this point valid.
Your latest construct (the floating cobble/glass one) wasn't something that I was "okay with". You quit the server while I was criticizing it. When I returned, you had been removed by Stuffman, and I will not reverse that decision.
You were barely criticizing it at all. I aske you what you thought and you replied with "How long have you been playing minecraft?" I asked whether you meant that in a good or bad way and the reply you gave to that was "I was just wondering if you have made any major projects before." How the fuck is that cirticizing?
While I leave people to their own jurisdiction when it comes to their structures, I simply ask that they be fair toward other players. I have repeatedly told you not to expand further around spawn. You had consistently ignored that request. I have offered plenty of work-arounds to end the previous argument, which were either ignored or dismissed. Your stubbornness and failure to accept constructive criticism is what led you to this point, not to mention the arguable griefing that occurred at spawn in my absence.
I wasn't expanding around spawn that much. I was expanding upwards. I acknowledged that you didn't want me to build around spawn anymore, that's why when you said that you didn't want anymore buildings obstructing spawn, I replied saying that's why I built it in the sky. That point is not valid because I did acknowledge your request, I just may not have gone the best way with it. I do admit I can be stubborn, and I can accept constructive criticism. Whenever I get into arguments I just go into a "FUCK YOU ALL" mode. Where I don't give a shit about anyone at all. Also if the supposed "griefing" you are talking about was the sand incident, you were right there as I was doing it. You weren't absent at all.

Also, let it be known that JOB is not the only one that tried my patience during this whole affair. I don't appreciate that EP, Sunny, and HakureiSM continued to stoke the argument every time it seemed like it was being resolved. None of you were going to change each others' minds, and none of you were going to back down. Now it's over. JOB is gone. His stuff is erased. Let this subject die so that we can go back to having some fucking fun in the game.
I would nominate Sunny for actually being the better (wo)man and being the first to make an offer other than I do it myself. EP then later offered his help but first of all, I had to pay diamonds (which are not cheap), and secondly, Sunny offered first. Also Dino offered to do it for free (Sunny just asked for a stack of coal)
So what you guys are saying, is that all this happened because I followed EP's advice and put up a request which WAS COMPLETELY OPTIONAL. Haku then started arguing with me, which got me into a bit of a "fuck you all" mood.

There is a rule I like to follow though.

If you don't like it, don't get involved.

Basically everyone here is guilty of not doing that, including me.

Also, if you really don't like my attitude, it's best just to not get in an argument with me.

tl;dr I'm so fucking sick of getting banned from things because of my personality. If you don't like me, then deal with it. I'm my own person, I don't have to change for anybody.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #172 on: December 16, 2011, 08:25:37 AM »
Yet another response? This is getting absurd...time to leave this argument as it's gone too far already.

Let's change up the topic with a simple screenshot:

[attach=1]

The final setup of the Exuro stew, which took 1-2 hours. Once he finally got back, his response was along the lines of 'I could've sworn I AFK'd in my fortress....'. :V
Bad command or file name

« Reply #173 on: December 16, 2011, 08:27:18 AM »
I'd say that getting banned from stuff is pretty much a result of your attitude. You cannot vilify the people for this. That's just absurd. While you "don't have to change for anybody", that doesn't mean that we have to put up with your shit.

If you're constantly getting banned for this or similar reasons, then wouldn't you have taken any of this to heart at some point? Grow up, man.

The final setup of the Exuro stew, which took 1-2 hours. Once he finally got back, his response was along the lines of 'I could've sworn I AFK'd in my fortress....'. :V
Oh yeah. I completely forgot about that! I don't know what was funnier, the trap itself or everyone gradually getting impatient while waiting for Exuro's return. Good times. :V

J.O.B

« Reply #174 on: December 16, 2011, 08:31:39 AM »
Also, did you ever consider the fact that I want to have some fucking fun on the server too.

I am eagerly awaiting Stuffman's viewpoint on the matter.

And EP, just to make something clear for you.
IN CASE YOU HAVEN'T REALIZED, I ACTUALLY CHANGED THE OFFER ABOUT MY HOUSE, IT'S NOT EVEN ABOUT YOU GUYS DOING MY HOUSE FOR ME ANYMORE, IT'S ABOUT SOMEONE DOING IT WHILE I HELP THEM DO IT. THERE IS A HUGE FUCKING DIFFERENCE!

EP ninja.
It's about fucking time you stop being in the argument! I was getting sick of you constantly using the point about my original offer on my house which you fucking suggested.

Strafe ninja. Of course I've been taking this to heart. Otherwise why would I have fucking tried to change my attitude? I'm not asking you to put up with my shit. I'm just asking you to fucking understand what I'm like, so you know I'm not even fucking doing this just to be a bastard. It's something I can't help, believe me, I've tried.

I was in a much happier mood earlier, before I found out about this shit.
I would have fixed my house with Sunny, and all this shit just had to happen before I could make everything better.
But you all just made it worse.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 08:34:39 AM by J.O.B »

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #175 on: December 16, 2011, 08:34:59 AM »
Oh yeah. I completely forgot about that! I don't know what was funnier, the trap itself or everyone gradually getting impatient while waiting for Exuro's return. Good times. :V
I'd say the waiting was funnier. It took too darn long for him to come back. :V Pretty hilarious. Then when he did, everyone rushed over there.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #176 on: December 16, 2011, 01:35:00 PM »
*sees creeper face and obsidian structure near spawn on livefeed*
Now what could this be...?

...oh, Cadmas seems to have made a public atelier to do enchantments in, and it goes up to Lv50, all right. That answers the minor dilemma we had with people actively looking for enchant tables.

A cauldron, brewing stand, and the Magical Furnace seem to be in there as well.
Bad command or file name

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #177 on: December 16, 2011, 05:10:13 PM »
I'm not in a bad enough mood to just decide people's face need breaking just yet. But it will get there if we're going to be seeing capitals in posts when they are not acronyms or beginnings of sentences.

I will be checking over the details with Stuffman.

CadrinHaverit

« Reply #178 on: December 16, 2011, 06:37:00 PM »
I feel so tired right now. Why does it keep happening...
Secondly, I would like to know how minor/major you thought the incident was. Because as far as I'm concerned, this was nothing compared to the stuff that Cadrin did (no offence intended with using you as an example).
Do not compare the two, man. Because it does not matter. Don't try to see how far you can push it, a crime is a crime anyway. Stealing a bunch of diamonds is the same as stealing any precious thing without asking its owner for their permission. Prohibited either way.

Get seared by purgatoric flames. Harness your rage and make it useful. Learn from your mistake and move on.

But what is the most important: suffer well. Do not dare disturb the peace of those who exiled you. There is nothing worth fighting for. Nothing but peace. Realize that you do not need to be here and you might very well have fun elsewhere. I know that you probably feel rejected, and that feels horrible and can be extremely destructive to one's mental well-being , but you have to comply with that feeling and find some other place where you can have fun. Because if you don't, then you will just end up attracting too much attention to your problem, which won't get you anywhere and is frankly counter-productive. Let the sadness and bitterness dissipate instead of making it diffuse.

So, your pain is mine.
Keep your dignity.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 06:43:29 PM by Floccinaucinihilipilification »

« Reply #179 on: December 16, 2011, 09:24:59 PM »
Well, I have good news for now.

It seems that I can now spawn the Ender Dragon at will! This means we can repopulate the End without needing to restart the server! Or if you're feeling dangerous, multiple Dragons!

Stuffman and I will confer to see if we'll still need the End Reset plugin. I'm sure you guys would prefer for the Dragon to respawn when we're both absent.