Author Topic: "Placeholder Sign [I can't think of a name]" (Spell Card Help Topic IV)  (Read 223893 times)

SuccinctAndPunchy

• Fear The Melon!
  • I would murder all of you for a cup of tea.
Dodge and get lucky.  That's how I did it at 90 FPS.  I suppose it's worse when Unzan is to the left, but it's not worth prolonging the card.
6-5 is equally bad when you get there, everything else is doable up to then.

So, no trick?

How dissapointing, most scenes have a trick. Or a method or whatever. I despise just pure reading at 90FPS. Especially where lasers get involved.

Shou is going to make me want to kill myself I'm calling it now.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
Shou is going to make me want to kill myself I'm calling it now.
I have skipped 6-5, 7-1, 7-2 and 7-7, and I'm probably at this point going to just blitz my way to the extra stage, clear EX-6, EX-8 and EX-4 before clearing all of Spoiler.  That is my eventual goal.

and right now I want to know if Shou's position, or the way she fires her lasers in 7-1's final phase is at all predictable as to where the safespot will be.  I've gotten pretty good at predicting the beginning, but the 5 waves at the end I need to avoid are a crapshoot.

xForeverFanaticx

• Bomb ALL the Spellcards!
Planning on getting back into PCB Hard. So I was wondering if there were any tricks or tips for a few cards I'm troubled with...

Revised Concerto Grosso (er, whatever it was called actually?). I feel like it's semi random and pure dodge. Is there a certain spot where I can deal relatively good damage while having ample space to dodge? Especially when the secondary lasers around the trio form.

Merlin(? The one that Sakuya's forced to face as a starter)'s opener attack. I *sort of* get the way the ghost lasers work... But I guess I need some practice on that.

Youmu's Flashing Slash Formation. Help...? The bullets are just so dense @@

Ageless Obsession H. Last wave or 2 that I face are pretty hectic.

Urrr.... what was it...? Oh right. Youmu's final spellcard.

Thanksh~ ^^"

Zil

With the Prismrivers you want to stand on the left. That way there will always be one in front of you and the bullets (on Lunatic at least) usually move vertically there.

Lord Scalgon

• Trying to get used to things...
So I'm working on Level EX-8 in StB.

I can get past the first 8 waves...but how am I supposed to survive the 9th and 10th wave?  Is it just simply cliphax and praying that I don't get hit?  At least, that's all I can think of.
Current ambition: NBND VoWG timeout.  Best run: NB1D

Merlin(? The one that Sakuya's forced to face as a starter)'s opener attack. I *sort of* get the way the ghost lasers work... But I guess I need some practice on that.

Youmu's Flashing Slash Formation. Help...? The bullets are just so dense @@

Ageless Obsession H. Last wave or 2 that I face are pretty hectic.

Urrr.... what was it...? Oh right. Youmu's final spellcard.

Thanksh~ ^^"
The ghost lasers are aimed at your position, so try to find an open horizontal path before they spawn so you can sidestep them.

I don't know of any trick to Flashing Slash Formation, other than to move up into openings to reduce the chance of getting walled at the bottom. Same goes for Youmu's final card.

I think Ageless Obsession is static, so you can experiment with each wave until you find a safe place or route.

So I'm working on Level EX-8 in StB.

I can get past the first 8 waves...but how am I supposed to survive the 9th and 10th wave?  Is it just simply cliphax and praying that I don't get hit?  At least, that's all I can think of.
You can use the first few waves to familiarize yourself with the various hitboxes, if that's a recurring issue. Aside from that, try to stay in the same "lane" if you can and remember that the camera has a considerable range. In this clear (volume warning), the player only has to change lanes once and can reach the boss from very close to the bottom of the screen.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 05:54:14 AM by Ridley 64 »

(oops, meant to modify. Delete?  :ohdear:)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 05:55:10 AM by Ridley 64 »

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
I'd like to get a Normal 1cc on IN at 90FPS. Would anyone be able to point me to any potentially helpful replays for that? I plan to use the Border Team for this.
Currently needing to do more Touhou stuff
My Touhou Replays
IN Yukari Spell Practice: 218/222
Chat with me, maybe?: https://discord.gg/0bbmWG5ankaeyTzH

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
Attached to this post is an old 90 FPS normal run I did with Ghost team.  (ud90FN)
I started with max lives and it's an old run, so I'm going to do it again now to help better.

and because it's fun.

EDIT:  ok, did the run, did surprisingly well, not dying until Kaguya.  22 spell captures, 3 deaths, 12 bombs, perfect first 2 stages.  Hope this helps.  If you have any trouble spots, just ask.

How to do the entirety of Stage 8 in DS?
Currently in Stage 12, and it's funny how I haven't cleared anything in Stage 8  :o
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 12:15:51 PM by Dunamis Halberd »

Random

• Rice cakes, sea anemones
  • Benzene, benzene ♪
Anyone have a consistent route for Suwako's first survival card? It's when two Suwakos come out that I usually mess up badly.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
I'd suggest referring to my perfect extra clear but I messed it up then so instead I'll point you to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL9AlcNoL8I

If you get both Suwako's lined up on the same spot then it's actually pretty easy, just keep the pattern going as before.

Zil

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoxX4QS2Klg#t=4m12s

That seems to be a completely trivial way of doing it. You could probably just look up any superplay and find a good method, I should think.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
oh, I have a question I forgot to mention.

In PoFV, is there any character that doesn't fight Komachi that is also not named Komachi?
Additionally, is there a character that fits those requirements that ALSO doesn't fight Sakuya in Stage 6?

Zil

Lyrica and Cirno fit the bill. There may be others.

Random

• Rice cakes, sea anemones
  • Benzene, benzene ♪
I'd suggest referring to my perfect extra clear but I messed it up then so instead I'll point you to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL9AlcNoL8I

If you get both Suwako's lined up on the same spot then it's actually pretty easy, just keep the pattern going as before.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoxX4QS2Klg#t=4m12s

That seems to be a completely trivial way of doing it. You could probably just look up any superplay and find a good method, I should think.
Thank you both :)

oh, I have a question I forgot to mention.

In PoFV, is there any character that doesn't fight Komachi that is also not named Komachi?
Additionally, is there a character that fits those requirements that ALSO doesn't fight Sakuya in Stage 6?
You can find Yuuka in stage 8 with Lyrica and Cirno, but I don't know if you'll always find Sakuya in stage 6 given that. From my replays, it's always been Sakuya.

Ninja'd :derp:

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
Cirno is annoying to use, as is Lyrica >.>
Apparently Mystia also works though, and she's not annoying to use, and she fights Sakuya in Stage 5 (not even always!)

Is there anything I need to know about Seiga's non-spells (on Lunatic)? I apparently can't do any of them  :colonveeplusalpha:

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
Is there anything I need to know about Seiga's non-spells (on Lunatic)? I apparently can't do any of them  :colonveeplusalpha:
Nobody help this guy.

?

alright, fine.

Most of them are plain reading and dodging. Midboss nonspell, just get as far away from the scatter points as possible. First two nonspells are pretty similar, try to stay still as Seiga's firing the jellybeans and read the kunai. Third nonspell you can either dodge headon and end it quickly or stream it (and watch out for Yoshika), whichever way seems easier to you.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 04:00:19 AM by Seiga Kaku »
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

Lord Scalgon

• Trying to get used to things...
You can use the first few waves to familiarize yourself with the various hitboxes, if that's a recurring issue. Aside from that, try to stay in the same "lane" if you can and remember that the camera has a considerable range. In this clear (volume warning), the player only has to change lanes once and can reach the boss from very close to the bottom of the screen.

Finally got it, thanks!  I don't know why, but I seem to be doing EX scenes in the backward step...cleared EX-8, then EX-7, and now EX-6.  EX-5...on the other hand...I am so clueless on this one...I'm just not sure where I'm supposed to go after taking the first shot...
Current ambition: NBND VoWG timeout.  Best run: NB1D

Finally got it, thanks!  I don't know why, but I seem to be doing EX scenes in the backward step...cleared EX-8, then EX-7, and now EX-6.  EX-5...on the other hand...I am so clueless on this one...I'm just not sure where I'm supposed to go after taking the first shot...
You're welcome :) EX-5 is about following the paths of the bullets and not getting walled between two lanes, as seen here. Staying in the center when possible seems to help. Also, it looks like the direction of the shots (clockwise or counterclockwise) is based on your position relative to the boss.

Nobody help this guy.
:getdown:

I thought staying still during the jelly beans might help, but I wasn't sure. Moving away from the splitting point for the first non-spell seems obvious now, though I can usually afford to trance through it. I'll have to try streaming the last one.

xForeverFanaticx

Does Yuyuko's last spellcard have invincibility when you bomb? Not Reflowering, but the one before that. I was unlocking Phantasm just now and noticed that I did a crapload of damage to Yuyuko with Marisa's bomb.

Nope, it doesn't. I tested it a while back, and that attack is an exception to the "bomb immunity" rule of last attacks. (I guess because Resurrection Butterfly has a sort of bomb immunity, being a survival?)

xForeverFanaticx

Nope, it doesn't. I tested it a while back, and that attack is an exception to the "bomb immunity" rule of last attacks. (I guess because Resurrection Butterfly has a sort of bomb immunity, being a survival?)

Oh wow~ Well then, guess that people who can't capture that card will have an easier time with it (and then die to Resurrection Butterfly xD). I literally chopped off her remaining half a bar with Stardust Reverie . _ ." But that was on easy~ Anyway, I need some tips on Ran/Chen's midboss openers in Extra and Phantasm. The one with the aimed blue arrowheads, then the omnidirectional red diamonds. I can't seem to get it right when I'm weaved into the 2 waves of the red diamonds.

Zil

Stand a bit to the side of the space you plan to go through, then move into it when she fires the aimed blue bullets.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
Double Spoiler 10-8 and EX-5, 60 FPS, Aya help please.

They're all I have left to clear.

Double Spoiler 10-8 and EX-5, 60 FPS, Aya help please.

They're all I have left to clear.
10-8 was one of the trickiest ones for me. It helped me to stay relatively close to the boss and not towards the bottom of the screen. Although you have less time to react to things, the bullets move slowly and at less weird angles.

The basic idea of EX-5 is to clear the middle 3 familiars (and a 4th if you can) and stream around her. You have to be very aware of where the remaining familiars are, especially since they shoot bullets even when they're off-screen.

I need help on Fox-Tanuki Youkai Laser and Banquet of 12 General Gods.

I need help on Fox-Tanuki Youkai Laser and Banquet of 12 General Gods.

Here are captures of both. Most of Youkai Laser can be misdirected, and Banquet is safest in the lower right corner of the screen. Youkai Laser probably wouldn't change much with different shot-types, although Banquet could be a bit more difficult with a forward type.

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
Adding to Ridley 64's post, specifically about Banquet...

If you're using a forward shottype, it IS a bit trickier, but what you should do is start right under Ran, then move to the safe zone when the purple arrowheads start getting ready to close you out of making it over there.  Once that wave ends, just head back to the middle and shotgun the kitsune.  If you're at a decent Power rating, you should be able to finish the card before you need to go to the safe spot a second time, if I'm recalling right.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!