Author Topic: My new ten desires theory  (Read 10426 times)

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
My new ten desires theory
« on: July 15, 2011, 04:27:10 AM »
Started a new thread because the Ten desires thread was over two weeks without a post.

New wild theory about the end boss. It will be Empress Himiko or the Touhoufied version of her. Here is my reasoning
The later levels take place in a tomb. Tombs are very rare in Japan as they contradict Buddhism and no new ones were built after it was introduced.
The most famous tomb is the Kofun that houses Jingu. There is considerable belief that Empress Jingu could in fact by Himiko of Wa as mentioned in Chinese history.
Moreover I have noticed a trend that Zun likes to use really old Japanese mythology for his stories (I think he typically doesn't use newer than Heian period) and Himiko is one of the figures that he hasn't used yet.

Gensokyo Everyday's story My Touhou fangame http://gensokyosnack.blogspot.com/

Halca

• Kawaii Bastard
Re: My new ten desires theory
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 06:07:57 AM »
But of course, ZUN will do something completely unexpected just to screw with everyone's awesome theories.

It's probably a law of nature by now XD

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 12:22:13 PM »
What's if it's
Spoiler:
Kogasa's true form
?

I mean, hey, she could be just a shikigami of sorts that the Stage 6 boss is controlling while she bides her time.

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 12:57:01 PM »
What's if it's
Spoiler:
Kogasa's true form
?

I mean, hey, she could be just a shikigami of sorts that the Stage 6 boss is controlling while she bides her time.
The stage 6 boss lost her precious umbrella long long ago wich turned into a Youkai (Kogasa as we know) and now she is back causing incident by spamming too many spirits to go and find her.

Sounds cool, but not happening because Kogasa is only a mere umbrella, and not like Chen a monster cat or anything.

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 01:00:20 PM »
Sounds cool, but not happening because Kogasa is only a mere umbrella, and not like Chen a monster cat or anything.
[attach=1]
ONLY a mere umbrella you say?

But hey, umbrellas work. Nothing wrong with Kogasa's master being the final boss. Gives character development, which is something rare.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 01:03:48 PM by Biohazurd »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 01:08:54 PM »
[attach=1]

ONLY a mere umbrella you say?
:V

But hey, umbrellas work. Nothing wrong with Kogasa's master being the final boss. Gives character development, which is something rare.
Only if  Kogasa can be used to fire something stronger than Master Spark or Dual Spark.

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2011, 01:35:58 PM »
Reading about that tomb makes me think of the tomb of the first Chinese emperor, Qin Shi Huang, and his terracota army. Might be a bit farfetched, considering Touhou takes place in Japan, but Yoshika is a jiang-shi, a Chinese mythological creature. Since Yoshika's master is in that tomb, her master may be a servant of the first Chinese emperor, trying to revive him/her. The terracota soldiers could be enemies, perhaps there's a gaurdian dog boss before you fight Yoshika's master, and then you fight a loli version of Qin Shi Huang's ghost/reanimated corpse. Or ZUN surprises us and makes the emperor male after all.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 01:40:41 PM by OkashiiKisei »

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2011, 01:38:58 PM »
Reading about that tomb makes me think of the tomb of the first Chinese emperor, Qin Shi Huang, and his terracota army. Might be a bit farfetched, considering Touhou takes place in Japan, but Yoshika is a jiang-shi, a Chinese mythological creature. Since Yoshika's master is in that tomb, her master may be a servant of the first Chnese emperor, trying to revive him/her. The terracota soldiers could be enemies, maybe a gaurdian dog boss before fighting Yoshika's master, and then you fight a loli version of Qin Shi Huang's ghost/reanimated corpse. Or ZUN surprises us and makes the emperor male after all.

This.
This is exactly what I was thinking.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Hatateru

• Hatatatatatatatatatatatatata
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2011, 04:08:31 PM »
I have a strange feeling that maybe Konngara will come back *gets shot*
And then a sacked Sakuya told everyone that Flandre was one of her ex-bosses

Aya Squawkermaru

• "You furnish the pictures and I'll furnish the war." - William Hearst
  • Relevant quote is relevant.
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2011, 04:13:51 PM »
Hold on a second. Yuyuko is the first boss, instead of the final. Kogasa is only a midboss instead of a stage boss. It's full of reversals...

The final boss is Letty.

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2011, 04:39:54 PM »
I have a strange feeling that maybe Konngara will come back *gets shot*

That would be cool. She's pretty awesome.

Eduardo McNash

• Ordinary Human Soldier
  • Ordinary Human Soldier
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2011, 11:05:07 PM »
I really wish some pc-98 characters came back.

So far there are only 2 new characters now, which are very few when compared with previous games, well hope the next 3 stages have new ones.
"Let the Touhou Legions march from the Gensokyo dimension!"
"Touhou music, keeping the faith in mankind since 1996".

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2011, 11:08:32 PM »
I've heard theories of a possible Youki appearance as the final or extra boss based on Youmu being playable, why Yuyuko seems to know a bit about what's going on, and her reference to a troublesome individual making a return.

AJS

• Danmakufu Scripter
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2011, 07:25:47 AM »
What's if it's
Spoiler:
Kogasa's true form
?

I don't quite think so, since she fought Yoshika, who is apparently was summoned and is being controlled by someone (the one who put the charm on her face).  It's likely a safe bet that Yoshika's master will be the final boss. 

Vyrien

• Your maiden walls
  • ...heheheheh
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2011, 08:26:27 AM »
I dunno what you're all saying, the final boss is obviously Mi
Spoiler:
namitsu Murasa                                 

But knowing ZUN it'll be a new vampire or something completely unrelated to everything previous.
Congregation of Impertinent Drama Queens.

Art threadLivestream | Pixiv

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2011, 08:41:53 AM »
I just now realized something.
Now, this is a bit of a tangent though, so bear with me.

Yoshika's power is to eat anything, as you all know.
Now, we've also learned that the talisman controls/restricts her.

In traditional Jiang-shi lore, those talismans had a nasty habit of coming off, releasing the Jiang-shi from it's master's control.
Now think on that for a second.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2011, 08:44:58 AM »
Rumia maybe? HEr full power isnt even fully explored yet

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
  • Idiot Deity 2013 - 2014 RIP
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2011, 09:03:07 AM »
Rumia without her seal? Darkness sword tiem. Although, I support Mima to be the final boss(What was that word? Resurrection? Revival? It was close to Reincarnation, soooo, yeah.) , and the EX boss to be some random new girl.

<Nietz> Anyway, sex toys alone won't come up to 11k.
[18:48] <Warma> There must have been a new depth, where you've sunk as a person. Then you dug through that.

CS

• Undying hunger
  • Om nom nom
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2011, 10:25:28 AM »
Yoshika turns out to be Rumia's future self after she had died and was brought back to life as a Jiang Shi, and as a result, losing her powers to manipulate darkness and instead gaining the ability to eat anything. Final stage boss turns out to be a reality warper/time master/time traveller/you name it who accidentally brought herself AND Yoshika from the future back to the past (our present) and now thinks the heroines are the bad guys here. After getting defeated and having everything explained thoroughly, they sit back and have a cup of tea.

And then as everyone thought it was all over, Yoshika (somehow, in some weird twist in the story), loses her amulet and her full power is released. She teams up with Rumia, releasing HER ribbon and then you'll have to face both Ex-Yoshika and Ex-Rumia as your Extra Stage Bosses...
Madness?

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
  • Making being an evil spirit look good
    • Tondemonai
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2011, 10:29:09 AM »
I don't know about that, but Yoshika losing her amulet does make for solid reasoning for her being at least the Ex midboss.

"I don't have anything against you, but I hope you're ready to die a dog's death!
Oh, don't worry, that cat will carry off your body, so you'll be able to live in our place!"

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2011, 02:18:44 PM »
And then as everyone thought it was all over, Yoshika (somehow, in some weird twist in the story), loses her amulet and her full power is released. She teams up with Rumia, releasing HER ribbon and then you'll have to face both Ex-Yoshika and Ex-Rumia as your Extra Stage Bosses...
Or perhaps...
You fight talisman'd Yoshika as midboss of Extra Stage, and when you beat her this time, her talisman falls off.  The power overwhelming her at first, she flees(Leading to the second half of Extra stage), and you fight her unrestricted form as the Extra Boss.

THEN, she mentions in her defeat dialogue about someone else with a seal keeping back a lot of their power...  Cue new Phantasm Stage, only it'd be unique, not just a sped up, slightly altered Extra.  Fight Yoshika one final time as the Ph-Midboss, then run into not Ex-Rumia, but Phantasm-Rumia... 

Of course, I'm pretty highly doubting Rumia, or Yoshika as Ex-Boss(Maybe mid, though, unless
Spoiler:
Kogasa decides to SURPRISE us as a repeat Ex-midboss
, but I think it'd be interesting nonetheless...
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2011, 03:09:05 PM »
Maybe since zombies are in this game we'll get to see some more military-oriented shinigami since I doubt anybody from the hell side would like any form of necronomancy whatsoever. Though I guess they could still just send Komachi due to budget cuts...

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2011, 07:49:43 AM »
MAle character because the events took place in myouren graveyard...... it feels as if male is useless in the world of gensokyo so that's why myouren rises from graveyard to prove the manliness of male power of gensokyo, and it is just one of his ten desires.
Nah just kidding,.. anyway just wait okay.. it might be a djinn like a wishing ghost, since it TEN DESIRES.

Spiderpig2398

• The One in all direcions
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2011, 11:39:32 PM »
Wait, the theme is ghosts and spirits...Maybe now we get
Spoiler:
Myouren
as the Final boss? ZUN might have had a change of mind. Otherwise, Mima or Kogasa's master sound good. Also, what if Kogasa's owner is actually Yu
Spoiler:
uka
? Crazy theories, I know, but whatever.

Goldsun

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2011, 06:11:17 AM »
I got this thought a few days ago....

What if for one of the stages Rin Satsuki is a boss?
This may seem a bit random at first but if you remember, it's speculated that she was supposed to be a qilin.
Yoshika is a jiang shi while Rin is a qilin. Both are from Chinese legends.
Quote from: Wikipedia
The Qilin is a mythical hooved Chinese chimerical creature known throughout various East Asian cultures, and is said to appear with the imminent arrival or passing of a wise sage or an illustrious ruler.
Now the interesting part about that line is when it says that they appear before the arrival of a wise sage or illustrious ruler. (illustrious - well known, respected, and admired for past achievements)
As for who the last boss is,  I don't know. I saw all the hopes that it would be Mima and just pushed all that aside. Then I saw the last line in the prologue.
So that would be 2 of the 10 desires. What are the other 8? =O

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2011, 07:53:03 PM »
Kinsoru: I appreciate your taste in colors, but please refrain from using such scripts on the forum.  Thanks!

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2011, 10:14:11 AM »
It actually looks rather nice against the blue background.

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2011, 02:36:33 PM »
It actually looks rather nice against the blue background.
This. That script looks pretty badass. (well of course I won't use it here, but yeah)

Anyway, yeah, my Kogasa argument was pretty much screwed by the events of Stage 3, but... maybe if Kogasa's current form was an amnesiac...

...nah.

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Grimarg

• B-but you haven't promoted me yet!
  • Thanks Aoshi for the avvy! :3
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2011, 06:44:34 PM »
What if it turns out to be that Yoshika's master is Layla? *dramatic SFX*

Hey, a man can dream, right?

« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2011, 02:37:59 AM »
Hold on a second. Yuyuko is the first boss, instead of the final. Kogasa is only a midboss instead of a stage boss. It's full of reversals...

The final boss is Letty.

But it's spring already, Letty is sleeping =(

Still kinda Hoping for a Mima return but if this is gonna be heading into a tomb then Mima starts to get unlikely. Have a feeling we'll get some sorta staff or servants. Another maid?