Author Topic: This just screams cheater IMO. would like experienced opinions.  (Read 9711 times)

Furienify

• Yeehaw!
  • Equestrian Fansubber
    • Youtube Channel
Re: This just screams cheater IMO. would like experienced opinions.
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2010, 09:28:52 AM »
I really hate when people don't tinydodge the oh-so-begging-to-be-grazed Repository of Hirokawa. :/

Formless God

« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2010, 10:19:45 AM »
Somehow it doesn't make me rage as much as the Byakuren and Mokou ones :V

Also, this :V

Drake

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2010, 05:55:24 PM »
I actually laugh at how he has a subscriber who believes that his videos aren't tool-assisted.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2010, 06:23:25 PM »
So how long do we have to wait and see if it gets cheese'd?

And ratings disabled, comments deleted and disabled on that vid.

« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2010, 07:30:00 PM »
He even made a ?ber clear of Honest Man's Death in which his devoted fan praises him saying how he deserves a title for being so awesomely good!

Then i go watch his clear of Final Master Spark Lunatic and seeing how he dances around the screen just shows that he either wasn't in a hurry for a capture or had the framerate conviniently low so such spastic and highly unnecessary movements are easy to pull of.

Of course, the Phantasmagoria video is the best example. I don't get cheaters at all. Maybe they are dying for some attention or try to look like good players despite having no skill whatsoever.

At least i can pat myself on the back as i have never ever cheated at Touhou :)

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2010, 12:11:04 AM »
I've cheated every now and then. Though, they're either test runs, or just doing something plain stupid. So any run that I've put down as a legitimate is indeed legitimate.

Either way here's a little exercise for you people; TAS or not?
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=7191

Cheaters who claim the play legitimately do it primarily for the e-peen.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Heartbeam

« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2010, 02:34:27 AM »
Just to get this off.  I should have been giving that person the benefit of the doubt.  The attacks are pretty slow so dancing around stuff isn't so unreasonable if that person came from a larger field of expertise.  From what few playthroughs I've seen you can pull off some great movements with the arcade stick.  The small unfocused movements aren't so far-fetched after seeing what HS-Sanbo did in the beginning of PCB Extra with Reimu B.

Back to the earlier statement.  If the person was obviously using it as a means to get ahead in status then I'd justify cracking down on the case a lot harder.  Still, I didn't check the profile, and Normal in this context doesn't mean much for attention because the intended viewers would likely rather swarm over LUNATIC ALL CLEARS!

This reminds me. I need to cheese IN normal and make it EXTREMELY obvious with rapid focus, dancing around bullets, etc. and see how long it takes to get marked.

I don't think the moderation(?) team really checks every run out there unless the standards are high enough to create some waves.  I'm in favor of the scenario that it's just some disgruntled passerby who chances upon some runs then sees the TAS report button.  Well, I suppose that's when moderation is notified and prompted to investigate for themselves if that's how it really works there.

ebarrett

« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2010, 03:04:16 AM »
Another clown trying to impress a bunch of youtube scrubs.  Who cares?

Zetzumarshen

« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2010, 08:43:44 AM »
Either way here's a little exercise for you people; TAS or not?
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=7191
Coming from you, it isn't. More like no-bomb training for me.

The attacks are pretty slow so dancing around stuff isn't so unreasonable if that person came from a larger field of expertise.  From what few playthroughs I've seen you can pull off some great movements with the arcade stick.  The small unfocused movements aren't so far-fetched after seeing what HS-Sanbo did in the beginning of PCB Extra with Reimu B.

You read my mind. Now I want arcade stick more than ever.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 09:21:37 AM by Zetzumarshen »

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2010, 04:29:42 PM »
The guy said he used a PS2 gamepad, pressing the movement buttons rapidly instead of holding them down (I'm paraphrasing; I can't quote him word for word since his video's have now become private, which kind of defeats the purpose :V).

Thus no arcade stick (and since he mentioned "buttons", that includes the controller's analog stick). Obviously, it's still as impossible as ever to tap the controller's d-pad that fast.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2010, 08:49:16 AM »
Then watch this. Also the stage 5 video.

He is a disgrace. He's Filipino.

And i am Filipino.

Stupid cheaters cheating Touhou.

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

Bananamatic

« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2010, 10:26:53 AM »
necropost, but these videos are still worth watching :V

Matsuri

« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2010, 04:38:25 PM »
Yeah there's really no need to bump this >_>

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2010, 04:38:30 PM »
  • Reviving old/dead threads is disruptive and often serves little purpose.  It's far better off to start a new thread than to revive an older thread that has seen little or no activity in the past week or so.  If it's something dealing directly with the old thread, start a new one and link to the old one.
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook