Author Topic: This just screams cheater IMO. would like experienced opinions.  (Read 9728 times)

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
This just screams cheater IMO. would like experienced opinions.
« on: February 03, 2010, 08:52:09 PM »
This isn't some guy doing something crazy hard, it's just PCB normal. But Man does it look like he's cheating. What do you guys think?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwKQrDjA3bc&feature=related

I've never called someone out as a cheater before, but I don't see how someone who lost all their lives on normal difficultly except their last can stomp Yuyuko so bad (even if she's not a really hard boss). Not to menton how the player moves at the knife-tossing 2:12+ part.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 08:54:09 PM by Ghaleon »

Heartbeam

Re: This just screams cheater IMO. would like experienced opinions.
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 09:00:43 PM »
Oh come on, you're plenty experienced.  And it's everywhere on Youtube; not much point in calling this one out unless the person is using it as some sort of leverage.  In the end they're losing out.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 09:04:24 PM »
Oh come on, you're plenty experienced.  And it's everywhere on Youtube; not much point in calling this one out unless the person is using it as some sort of leverage.  In the end they're losing out.

Well I'm not experienced with seeing cheatplays really... Only one I've ever watched that I know of is Drake's "reimu C is magic" video >=P. But that doesn't even really count.

Plus I wasn't intending to call the person out per say as much as rate it with something less than 5. Was hoping to show someone a Yuyuko video and t hat came up, and to see it be look like a cheat video kinda bummed me

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 09:07:53 PM »
lolTAS

Lost Soul's Village is enough.

And watch his Mokou run, it's even better.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 09:14:44 PM »
The general way this player moves with the extremely micro-movements just seems really unnatural and telling to me. I use a controller to play, and even focusing all your effort on making the smallest movements possible still results in bigger and less fluid movements than that. I'd imagine it's a similar case on the keyboard too.
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 09:27:30 PM »
lolTAS

Lost Soul's Village is enough.

I was looking at the danmaku more than the character, then I saw the character zoom thru the waves unfocused I was like wtf. But then it said " barrier bonus blah blah" so I thought maybe the person was reckless cuz of the barrier and fluked out. But yeah, after seeing the rest, pretty convinced that was haxed too...I notice those micromoves during that part too now that I watch the character instead.

I've never seen Mokou's last spell before. She was the easiest extra boss for me (beat her on my first try), but also one of the hardest to perfect, I always fail at earning it myself. Nowdays when I play for some reason I fail at the stage itself (and keine, she wasn't even hard on my first try!). Gah. Looks like fun too.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 09:31:16 PM »
Or just look at his cap rate.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2010, 09:34:20 PM »
Or just look at his cap rate.

I like to reset mine often myself though >=P.

Bananamatic

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2010, 09:41:37 PM »

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2010, 09:45:07 PM »
I like to think I'm a somewhat experienced Stepmania player, and I can assure you that, for the life of me, I cannot tap the arrow keys nearly as fast as that. Nor can I tap as lightly and as fast. Plus looking at what he's trying to do makes me think he doesn't know how to play bullet hells - the guy doesn't stream anything that's stream-able, and he moves to ridiculous places when he shouldn't be moving much at all.

I'm not sure cap rates can work as an argument since PCB only remembers the attempt after clearing the level. He could have been trying for weeks, or he may have just picked up the game.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2010, 09:49:39 PM »
Another clown trying to impress a bunch of youtube scrubs.  Who cares?

Matsuri

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2010, 09:51:57 PM »
Even with cheating he's nothing impressive :V He could have at least got creative and not screwed up as much on Normal if he's TASing it...
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 09:53:45 PM by Matsuri »

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2010, 09:52:43 PM »
He should have done that on Lunatic.

Bananamatic

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2010, 09:53:12 PM »
More people should cheat UFO lunatic. It looks hilarious :V

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2010, 09:55:02 PM »
After a run ends actually. I usually use the Give up and Retry on stage 2 or 3 so my records are screwed up. IN starts counting them as soon as it's encountered.

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2010, 10:05:36 PM »
The way he moves reminds me of a slower, more controlled version of PoFV's AI.

Zetzumarshen

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2010, 10:14:52 PM »
TAS-ing a normal run is boring, why would anyone do it?
Spoiler:
except for show off

Letty Whiterock

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2010, 10:16:33 PM »
I like to think I'm a somewhat experienced Stepmania player, and I can assure you that, for the life of me, I cannot tap the arrow keys nearly as fast as that.
Jacks.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2010, 10:31:56 PM »
Jacks.
How appropriate.

EDIT: Never mind, just saw the "2.0x music" mod. That tapping speed actually seems possible though. Not like what's in the OP.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 10:35:33 PM by Funen1 »
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Milkyway64

• I AM A MAD SCIENTIST. KIND OF.
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2010, 10:39:38 PM »
This reminds me. I need to cheese IN normal and make it EXTREMELY obvious with rapid focus, dancing around bullets, etc. and see how long it takes to get marked.

This was suggested after Jaimers had his pacifist th11 extra wrongfully marked. :V

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2010, 10:41:56 PM »
It was his VoWG timeout.

And you can bet I would have done it already if I knew how to get it to show 60 FPS despite slowdown. Though I don't think I would have picked IN.

Gpop

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2010, 10:57:19 PM »
How appropriate.

EDIT: Never mind, just saw the "2.0x music" mod. That tapping speed actually seems possible though. Not like what's in the OP.

Go play some KB files with jacks in them.

Helix ⑨

• No Pain, No Gain
  • No Guts, No Glory
    • my youtube, 95% touhou vids, mainly extras and last words.
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2010, 11:13:17 PM »
Look how his attack always points directly at yuyuko during the first noncard.

TAS

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2010, 11:15:51 PM »
Go play some KB files with jacks in them.

Possible or no, this isn't something you strain to do when there isn't a good reason to do so.
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

Letty Whiterock

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2010, 11:18:32 PM »
Possible or no, this isn't something you strain to do when there isn't a good reason to do so.
What if your reason is HARDCORE TOUHOU REPLAYS? What about that, wise guy? Eh? EH? EH?

Milkyway64

« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2010, 11:58:07 PM »
Done. It could be much, much better (most of the game was at .5 speed, and I died a LOT thanks to goofing off) but it serves it's purpose well.

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=7177

Drake

« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2010, 12:05:08 AM »
I still think I should participate in this as well.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2010, 12:26:07 AM »
Yeah. Its pretty blatantly TAS'd, but if he was gonna upload a TAS run, he should have done it on Lunatic (but then it would be even more obvious that it was a TAS most likely)

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2010, 12:39:17 AM »
This reminds me. I need to cheese IN normal and make it EXTREMELY obvious with rapid focus, dancing around bullets, etc. and see how long it takes to get marked.

This was suggested after Jaimers had his pacifist th11 extra wrongfully marked. :V
Done. It could be much, much better (most of the game was at .5 speed, and I died a LOT thanks to goofing off) but it serves it's purpose well.

Oh we're doing this are we

I actually made this run a while ago but never uploaded my replay. First two stages aren't TASed, all bosses are, as well as stage 3 and some of stage 4 I believe. Mystia's last two cards are the only things worth watching to me, I'm just so horrible at this.

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=7178

yay replay spam troll gensokyo.org yay

I still think I should participate in this as well.

Yes.

Milkyway64

« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2010, 12:53:33 AM »
Oh we're doing this are we

I actually made this run a while ago but never uploaded my replay. First two stages aren't TASed, all bosses are, as well as stage 3 and some of stage 4 I believe. Mystia's last two cards are the only things worth watching to me, I'm just so horrible at this.

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=7178

yay replay spam troll gensokyo.org yay

Yes.

You say YOU'RE bad. Reimu's first card (I think? the border one) >>>>>>>>>> my entire damn replay. :V