Author Topic: Doctor Wars Mafia - Game Over  (Read 49471 times)

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
Re: Doctor Wars Mafia - Day 2
« Reply #390 on: May 11, 2014, 08:42:01 PM »
18 minutes, smartasses.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #391 on: May 11, 2014, 08:43:50 PM »
I am nearly past the point where I care about this game.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #392 on: May 11, 2014, 08:45:14 PM »
Apparently I'm going to have to consolidate on SB though soon since everybody else seems to feel the same way I do.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #393 on: May 11, 2014, 08:47:20 PM »
Serela and Skypal are still voteless.  wth.

Dna is effectively not voting as well. 

Don't lynch me.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #394 on: May 11, 2014, 08:48:33 PM »
I'm right here! I'm just not sure whether I'd rather lynch SkyPal or SB :/ The fact that skypal isn't voting is hilarious but I'm pretty sure he hasn't been here in awhile. He really should have voted last time he was here if he was going to miss deadline, though.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #395 on: May 11, 2014, 08:51:15 PM »
##Vote SkyPal d1 gut GO

I'll switch onto SB if needed to obtain a lynch.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #396 on: May 11, 2014, 08:55:00 PM »
Votecount 2.6

Sky_Paladin: (3) SB, NekoNekoRex, Serela
SB: (2) ActionDan, Raikaria
NekoNekoRex: (1) Darkninjaabc

Not Voting: [1/7] Sky_Paladin

5 minutes!

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #397 on: May 11, 2014, 08:57:12 PM »
Switching to SB in 2 minutes if nobody lynches.

ActionDan

« Reply #398 on: May 11, 2014, 08:57:47 PM »
Ya.. I'd rather no lynch than lynch SB.  he's definitely not scum with Neko.  he's definitely not scum with Serela. 

I highly doubt DNA is scum.

I don't think he's scum with raikaria although that isn't 100% sure

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

« Reply #399 on: May 11, 2014, 08:58:11 PM »
er. rather no lynch than lynch SP

Don't lynch me.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #400 on: May 11, 2014, 08:59:09 PM »
1 minute!

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #401 on: May 11, 2014, 08:59:37 PM »
>would rather No Lynch

Welp I'm done with this game.

##Unvote
##Vote: SB

ActionDan

« Reply #402 on: May 11, 2014, 09:00:04 PM »
it's not awful because I can shoot... again

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

« Reply #403 on: May 11, 2014, 09:00:26 PM »
Serela hammer sb please and thank you

Don't lynch me.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #404 on: May 11, 2014, 09:00:54 PM »
##unvote ##vote sb

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #405 on: May 11, 2014, 09:01:06 PM »
Votecount 2.7 - Final

SB: (4) ActionDan, Raikaria, NekoNekoRex, Serela
NekoNekoRex: (1) Darkninjaabc
Sky_Paladin: (1) SB

Not Voting: [1/7] Sky_Paladin

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #406 on: May 11, 2014, 09:02:49 PM »
Like I said, scum might have a Binary Doctor, but it doesn't mean they've claimed it.

Considering there was one in game, and apparently two more, I think one of them has claimed it.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #407 on: May 11, 2014, 09:03:25 PM »
Also, I think I'm sticking with SB.

On the simple fact that I don't think Sky would be stupid enough to claim a THIRD Town Binary Doctor without actually being one.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

ActionDan

« Reply #408 on: May 11, 2014, 09:04:13 PM »
(he's been hammered)

Don't lynch me.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #409 on: May 11, 2014, 09:04:58 PM »
SB was lynched! Was the doctor doctored? Or was the killer killed?

Dear SB, you are the Doctor.

You're the title character in the science fiction television series Doctor Who. "The Doctor" is only an alias, as you are actually a centuries-old alien who travels through space and time in your TARDIS, frequently with companions.

You are a Town Binary Doctor. You may target a player during the night using the ##Protect action. If your target is protected from kills, they will no longer be. If your target isn't protected from kills, they will be.

You win if those aligned against the town are eliminated.

I'm not sure, but the result isn't that great.

Night 2 starts now. 24 hours, you know the drill.

(Countdown)

BT

• I never talk to you
Re: Doctor Wars Mafia - Day 3
« Reply #410 on: May 12, 2014, 09:00:09 PM »
The newsletter reads "ActionDan is dead". It also says a bunch of other weird stuff:

Dear ActionDan, you are Dr. Victor von Doom.

You're a fictional character that appears in publications by Marvel Comics. You're both a genius inventor and a sorcerer. The son of gypsy witch Cynthia Von Doom, you're a recurring supervillain, archenemy of the Fantastic Four and leader of the fictional nation of Latveria.

You are a Town Vigilante. You may target a player during the night using the ##Kill action. Your target will be eliminated from the game.

You win if those aligned against the town are eliminated.

Votecount 3.1

Not Voting: [5/5] Raikaria, NekoNekoRex,  Serela, Sky_Paladin, Darkninjaabc

Day 3 starts now and ends in 72 hours. 3 votes are needed for a majority. It is now LYLO.
(Countdown)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #411 on: May 12, 2014, 09:08:25 PM »
Well, everyone saw that coming a mile away.

I'd vote Sky on the basis that I do not believe in any way that this setup can have three doctors. However, if I do that and I'm WRONG, Serela and DNA win.

Oh god both me and Serela are alive at LYLO.

We both have awful town records at LYLO.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #412 on: May 12, 2014, 09:09:10 PM »
Actually wait a second. Why is Dan even dead Sky?

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #413 on: May 12, 2014, 10:11:34 PM »
But why claim to kill SB?

I hate this game.

##Vote: Sky_Paladin

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #414 on: May 12, 2014, 10:14:47 PM »
I'd vote Sky on the basis that I do not believe in any way that this setup can have three doctors. However, if I do that and I'm WRONG, Serela and DNA win.

Somehow I forgot NNR was even in the game. By no means is he clear after all :/

But why claim to kill SB?

I hate this game.

##Vote: Sky_Paladin

DNA did call for a massclaim and others were ragging on him for not claiming.

Although him claiming last with DNA calling for a massclaim so he could CC someone is possible.

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
  • Unit vector from the center is the surface normal?
« Reply #415 on: May 12, 2014, 10:34:14 PM »
First of all, reporting. 

I thought Dan was scum after SB flipped, so I covered DNA, because:

1 - DNA is the most town player here. 
2 - NNR is scum so he would not be night hit. 
3 - Raikaria claimed BPV so doccing him would actually just make him more likely to die. 
4 - Serela is never killed by mafia. 

I was not sabotaged.  Therefore scums, if they can sabotage, must have blocked Dan because they were scared he would shoot NNR, or Dan actually fired and I saved DNA.  Or Dan possibly idled.  Either way. 

Next up:
Let me get this straight. 
Your case is that I am a scum doctor that protected SB (a town) so that I could frame both SB and Dan?  Despite not knowing prior to day 2 that there was a vigilante in the game? 
If I was scum, I would have claimed to have saved SB and taken the instant free-town credibility, then offed SB during a night phase to super prove it. 
In fact, if I was scum, I would have just claimed vanilla towny since apparently that is more plausible. 

Anyway, NNR's voting record speaks for itself, having casually put a bunch of players at L-1 and making no effort to scumhunt, and just defending Serela on day 1.  And now voting in LYLO right off the bat. 

I think the scum team is NNR/Serela, or NNR/Raikaria.  NNR is scum in both of my estimates.  There is no way that DNA is scum. 

Therefore.

I will go through and get some sources and then make a vote.  Because town players make cases and vote carefully, they don't just drop a vote and not care what happens, NNR. 
My programming et al blog;
http://infinitestateautomaton.wordpress.com/

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #416 on: May 12, 2014, 10:41:21 PM »
Raikaria
DNA did call for a massclaim and others were ragging on him for not claiming.

This is simply a lie.  Nobody called me out for not claiming.  I decided to claim because I noticed everybody else had already claimed so I might as well complete the mass claim. 

I claimed my role and what I did. 

We didn't, and never had, three binary docs at once.  What we had was two binary docs and a town backup.  I could equally have become an unlimited hit vigilante (and nearly did, had we lynched Dan on day 1).  So this idea that it is somehow unbalanced because we had three docs is false.  We had two docs and an unlimited vig.  We don't even know for sure that scum have a doc.  In fact, given what we've seen, the far more likely scenario is that scum just redirected Dan to the guy they were killing at night, Zak.  And SB was blamed by Dan for no reason at all. 

The idea of a binary doc - a doc that protects, but unprotects a target already protected, is self-countering.  They auto-balance themselves.  If anything, an unlimited vig in a small player setup is more than proof enough that rolespecing and our idea of balance does not match up with what is in this game. 

And we do not even know what the scum team is carrying.  So voting because of roles is exactly what mafia want you to do, and it's how SB got killed. 

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #417 on: May 12, 2014, 10:47:49 PM »
First of all, reporting. 

I thought Dan was scum after SB flipped, so I covered DNA, because:

1 - DNA is the most town player here. 
2 - NNR is scum so he would not be night hit. 
3 - Raikaria claimed BPV so doccing him would actually just make him more likely to die. 
4 - Serela is never killed by mafia. 

1: No he's not
2: How is NNR scum?
3: Yep, doccing me is dumb
4: Actually I think the way things are there is a decent chance Serela is scum. Something seems a little off with Serela's play in general this game, he seems a LOT less waffley and active in general.

Or Dan possibly idled.

Has to be true unless you think Dan is dumb enough to shoot when a mis-shot would be GG.

Next up:
Let me get this straight. 
Your case is that I am a scum doctor that protected SB (a town) so that I could frame both SB and Dan?  Despite not knowing prior to day 2 that there was a vigilante in the game? 
If I was scum, I would have claimed to have saved SB and taken the instant free-town credibility, then offed SB during a night phase to super prove it. 
In fact, if I was scum, I would have just claimed vanilla towny since apparently that is more plausible. 

Anyway, NNR's voting record speaks for itself, having casually put a bunch of players at L-1 and making no effort to scumhunt, and just defending Serela on day 1.  And now voting in LYLO right off the bat. 

... Actually this is a pretty decent set of reasoning. That said, I'll be honest, the 'not making cases' thing kinda applies to me and even Serela too. That said, when I make cases it tends to bite me on the butt, and asking Serela to make cases at LYLO is literally asking to lose the game for town.

And the 'defending Serela D1' also ties in with my feeling that something is off with Serela.

Does anyone else get... different from Serela's usual behavior vibes from Serela? I don't know, just something about Serela's general play this game has been offputting to me.

I'll re-read when Doto games are done airing in a few hours.

===

Cut

Raikaria
This is simply a lie.  Nobody called me out for not claiming.  I decided to claim because I noticed everybody else had already claimed so I might as well complete the mass claim. 

I thought someone at some point brought up how long it took for you to claim. Might have been after your claim actually. I'll double-check when I re-read. Had exams today, not had much free time to read.

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #418 on: May 12, 2014, 11:18:31 PM »
Anyway, the reason I didn't vote was because of Mother's Day here.  I had been trying to determine what we should do between the split of SB and Dan and thought I had ruled out a redirect.  Then when BT posted his point it meant it was possible, and I was just gutted.  I had tried so hard and I was out of ideas.  I didn't know how to persuade town to look outside of those two, but that's okay, because as soon as I was gone for the day you guys started it :D 

NNR is largely absent from day 1.  He appears to attack players (notably SB and Raikaria) for their votes on Serela. 
He voted Raikaria for his vote on Serela on day 1. 
I made a case earlier on NNR but nobody cared, and notably, NNR didn't bother to respond to it.  Why? 

As soon as he started catching heat from Zakeri and I for his bad vote, he vote switched to ActionDan and put him at L-1, because "Fine, if we're going to play this game,  then Dan makes a good enough lynch for me, anyway."  OK, but where's your case?  As soon as DNA criticised him for it, NNR cancelled his vote.  Then he finally questions my claim, and then immediately revotes Raikaria without a case. 

This is blatant wagon hopping in an attempt to distance himself from defending Serela, who I also said was scum on day 1.  As well as that, minimal effort, no attempts to make a case, no real scumhunting and just defending or shutting down other players.  NNR vote parks and disappears for the rest of day 1. 

On Day 2, NNR decides very early that SB is 'scummy enough to warrant a lynch.'  He then states that the people who voted DNA are probably scum, without naming names.  NNR forgot that one of the people voting DNA was Zak, who flipped town.  It's scummy because this is buddying up to DNA without at least checking the facts first.  Town would want to be sure.  Scum don't care. 

NNR was the only person to protest against a mass claim.  In the end, though, he claimed VT, as the second to last person to claim.  Shortly after, he votes SB. 

Then I went to sleep, and hey, DNA votes NNR.  Oh crap, what does the panic scum do?  He jumps on the first lifeboat that floats his way.  I mean it's only one vote, sheesh. 

NMR posts a lot of empty content posts, but that one is a doozy.  Then he votes for me as soon as SB did because why? 

"Am I voting?  You should care about your vote.  NMR is acting all apathetic and lurking and not caring about the game. 
Why should we listen to somebody who, in their own words, doesn't care?

I mean here, NNR even says it. 
"I'm not buying a game that has 5 powers roles and 4 VTs. 2 bianary docs and a fullvig, I could buy. Maybe. Three of them, maybe not."

It's not 3 binary docs and a full vig.  It's two binary docs, a backup, a fullvig, and a bulletproof. 
But you got one thing right, eh?  I bet there's not 4 VT's.  Hey guess what NNR claimed. 

NNR finally switches back to SB when there's no other choice, and then phase over. 

And finally we have today, where NNR votes immediately in LYLO without any thought or case or night kill analysis, or waiting for the night report, or me to say anything at all after he tried to flashwagon me at the end of the previous day. 

I mean holy cow, dude.  Are you that afraid of what I have to say?

##FoS NekoNekoRex

cut:
1 - Well, this is a difference of opinion.  In my opinion he was town, so I docced him. 
2 - Please read, above.  Or just re-read NNR's posts and voting history, I guess. 
3 - o/
4 - We can cover that in another post. 

I think Dan would have shot if he thought he was right.  We have two scums because it's LYLO; six players last night so Dan had to pick once right out of five.  I will go back and see if he crumbed who he was planning to hit, although it's possible he fakecrumbed to buy himself another night. 

Actually I figure Dan was probably the best person to mislynch today.  I wonder why they killed him.  Maybe they figured Dan would shoot, miss, but they weren't sure who he would shoot.  I guess they could be sure he wouldn't shoot himself. 

I thought someone at some point brought up how long it took for you to claim.

That may be true; I simply responded to what I saw you say.  I didn't know you were thinking about quotes from after my claim. 

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #419 on: May 12, 2014, 11:20:04 PM »
Oh no, I was wrong, I thought someone called you out before you claimed. I just realised I may be mistaken.

Re-read is nw gonna be after I catch some Z's.