Author Topic: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 5, Part 2  (Read 95534 times)

Re: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 5, Part 2
« Reply #840 on: January 08, 2018, 02:23:27 PM »
>Then I'm inclined to think this isn't the best circumstances for her to accompany us, as much as I respect your request. I hope you understand.

>There's something else to consider, too. Kiku says, more gently than you might have expected. I'm familiar with Semitur myself, from my position as a shrine maiden. I have an idea what kinds of things we might see in this conflict to come. I know what she's done to people in the past. And if she's on form, you don't want someone like Cinnamon to see what she's done to those people on that plane. In truth, Byakuren, I don't know if even you really want to see that. She is a depraved creature, a sort of evil you've never encountered. That goes for Lily and Carnation as well.
>Not me? Rin asks.
>You were a slave. Kiku replies. I know the kind of terrible things you've borne witness to before you were saved by Byakuren. I imagine Semitur is worse than anything you might have seen before, but I also believe you've had more expeirence in that area than Byakuren has.

« Reply #841 on: January 08, 2018, 02:31:28 PM »
>I will witness any horror if that is what it takes to save people. Remember, we are going there because we can undo the harm she's done - or some of it, at least.

« Reply #842 on: January 08, 2018, 02:56:49 PM »
>I will witness any horror if that is what it takes to save people. Remember, we are going there because we can undo the harm she's done - or some of it, at least.

>I have no doubt we can do just that. And I know you've already seen some truly horrible things. But I also know there's horrors you haven't, and you haven't had the kind of training or experience to help prepare you for them.
>How do you train for someone like an evil succubus? Rin asks her.
>By studying their history and their past crimes. Knowing what they've done is one of the only ways to prepare yourself for something like that. And not everyone can handle that.

« Reply #843 on: January 08, 2018, 03:02:49 PM »
>We don't have the liberty of a lot of time to study such things right now, unfortunately. But if there's anything you feel would be useful to impart, I'm listening.

« Reply #844 on: January 08, 2018, 03:18:26 PM »
>We don't have the liberty of a lot of time to study such things right now, unfortunately. But if there's anything you feel would be useful to impart, I'm listening.

>A suggestion. If it becomes necessary for us to board that plane, let Poppy or I go first.

« Reply #845 on: January 08, 2018, 03:34:03 PM »
>But won't it be my power that stands the best chance of removing whatever corruption may have been inflicted upon the passengers?

« Reply #846 on: January 08, 2018, 05:22:14 PM »
>But won't it be my power that stands the best chance of removing whatever corruption may have been inflicted upon the passengers?

>Of course. But I would be able to... screen the scene, as it were.
>"Excuse me." a voice speaks up rather suddenly behind you, causing Rin to yell in surprise.

« Reply #847 on: January 08, 2018, 05:55:58 PM »
>Turn around
>"Yes?"

« Reply #848 on: January 08, 2018, 08:44:50 PM »
>Turn around
>"Yes?"

>It is Subala the owl standing behind you. That explains why Rin couldn't hear her coming. "I need to speak to the intrusion expert of your group." she says in her quiet voice.

« Reply #849 on: January 08, 2018, 09:39:13 PM »
...do we have an 'intrusion expert'?
>Does it look like Subala is intending someone specific or asking us who that someone would be?

« Reply #850 on: January 09, 2018, 10:49:08 AM »
...do we have an 'intrusion expert'?
>Does it look like Subala is intending someone specific or asking us who that someone would be?

>Not really, no.
>The latter.

« Reply #851 on: January 09, 2018, 11:36:48 AM »
>"I'm afraid I'm not sure we really have such a thing."

« Reply #852 on: January 09, 2018, 12:24:23 PM »
>"I'm afraid I'm not sure we really have such a thing."

>The owl youkai quirks one of her eyebrows in polite surprise.

« Reply #853 on: January 09, 2018, 12:34:14 PM »
>"We've only rarely had cause to infiltrate a location covertly and have never attempted to keep our actions hidden from public view, like the shrines; few of our confrontations in Mayoiga would have afforded us the opportunity, in any event."
>"But if you had something you wished to discuss, I'd be happy to hear it nonetheless. We are not incapable of subtlety, certainly."

« Reply #854 on: January 09, 2018, 04:18:18 PM »
>"We've only rarely had cause to infiltrate a location covertly and have never attempted to keep our actions hidden from public view, like the shrines; few of our confrontations in Mayoiga would have afforded us the opportunity, in any event."
>"But if you had something you wished to discuss, I'd be happy to hear it nonetheless. We are not incapable of subtlety, certainly."

>"Actually it's better this way." Subala replies. "I am an intrusion expert. I did not want to conflict with yours on this mission. If you don't have one, I can act freely."

« Reply #855 on: January 09, 2018, 08:25:30 PM »
>Nod
>"Very well, then. And I'm sure I don't need to tell you to be careful."

« Reply #856 on: January 11, 2018, 08:02:32 AM »
>Nod
>"Very well, then. And I'm sure I don't need to tell you to be careful."

>"No. You don't." the quiet-voiced owl says confidently before turning from you.

« Reply #857 on: January 11, 2018, 11:58:12 AM »
>And regarding what you were saying earlier, while I appreciate your concern for me, as leader of our group, I do not think it right to to ask others to face things I would not face myself.

« Reply #858 on: January 11, 2018, 12:23:06 PM »
>And regarding what you were saying earlier, while I appreciate your concern for me, as leader of our group, I do not think it right to to ask others to face things I would not face myself.

>Not if those things traumatize you. Kiku counters. As our leader, Lotus, we cannot afford to have you mentally damaged by horrors you do not need to witness.

« Reply #859 on: January 11, 2018, 12:54:29 PM »
>You have spent a long time leading others. What would you say if someone said that to you?

« Reply #860 on: January 11, 2018, 01:13:17 PM »
>You have spent a long time leading others. What would you say if someone said that to you?

>Kiku's ears twitch. I don't believe anyone I've served with would have cause to say that to me.
>I am not trying to insult you, Byakuren, or coddle you. You've proven that you're made of stern stuff. I am simply being pragmatic.

« Reply #861 on: January 11, 2018, 01:20:32 PM »
>To Rin, privately: Do you... do you agree with her? I know she is more experienced than me in these matters, but....

« Reply #862 on: January 11, 2018, 01:31:10 PM »
>To Rin, privately: Do you... do you agree with her? I know she is more experienced than me in these matters, but....

>It sounds to me like she's trying to keep you safe from something. the kasha replies. I don't think I can argue with that.

« Reply #863 on: January 11, 2018, 01:42:26 PM »
>...no, I suppose you wouldn't, would you?
>To Kiku, openly again: I... what you say does not really sit well with me, but I suspect it might be worse to be stubborn in the face of your experience; we are, after all, here to save people, not to posture.

« Reply #864 on: January 11, 2018, 02:26:34 PM »
>...no, I suppose you wouldn't, would you?
>To Kiku, openly again: I... what you say does not really sit well with me, but I suspect it might be worse to be stubborn in the face of your experience; we are, after all, here to save people, not to posture.

>It may not even come to that. says Kiku. With some luck, it won't.
>But part of being a leader is knowing where to use the right person for the right job. Kiku adds on a private channel. I've done a lot of unpleasant things so my people wouldn't have to, but I also know there are times when one of them could handle situations better than me. I mean on an emotional level in this context.

« Reply #865 on: January 11, 2018, 02:35:15 PM »
>I just don't feel right asking anyone to endure pain in my stead.... Especially when they're only here in the first place because of me.

« Reply #866 on: January 11, 2018, 03:28:10 PM »
>I just don't feel right asking anyone to endure pain in my stead.... Especially when they're only here in the first place because of me.

>We are here because of the Champions. Kiku argues. You as much as the rest of us. Still, I understand what you mean. Your compassion and kindness are remarkable. And one of my goals is to try and keep it that way when this war is over. This kind of conflict, the kind of horrors people like Semitur inflict upon people. They can change people, break people, the trained and untrained alike. I won't let that happen to you.

« Reply #867 on: January 11, 2018, 03:30:52 PM »
>I appreciate the sentiment. Truly, I do. But let's see if we can make it to the end of the day without any of us gaining new scars, shall we?
>Smile

« Reply #868 on: January 11, 2018, 06:16:47 PM »
>I appreciate the sentiment. Truly, I do. But let's see if we can make it to the end of the day without any of us gaining new scars, shall we?
>Smile

>The tiger chuckles quietly. Agreed.

« Reply #869 on: January 11, 2018, 06:18:52 PM »
>Let's wait for Haruka and co. to be done their preparations and be on our way
>Assuming nothing else notable comes up in the meantime