Author Topic: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 5, Part 2  (Read 96706 times)

Re: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 5, Part 2
« Reply #810 on: January 06, 2018, 10:07:02 AM »
>Nod
>"Understood."

>"Have you met Yuna during your time here in Mayoiga?" Haruka asks

« Reply #811 on: January 06, 2018, 10:08:52 AM »
>Have we?

« Reply #812 on: January 06, 2018, 10:23:10 AM »
>Have we?

>Not as Magical Lotus. But you met her when you and Rin visited the Tortoise shrine a few days ago. She was the heterochromatic miko whose calender you and Rin autographed. She seemed to be a fan of Rin as much or nearly as she was of Byakuren Hijiri, from what you recall.

« Reply #813 on: January 06, 2018, 10:31:04 AM »
>Shake our head

« Reply #814 on: January 06, 2018, 11:05:32 AM »
>Shake our head

>"I think your group will get along well with her. She possesses a natural affinity for animal youkai. I believe that's one of the things that drew her to service in these shrines."
>"Does that include Lunar Rabbits?" Chrys asks her.
>"To my knowledge, she's never met one. Knowing her, I believe she would welcome the opportunity."
>"Haruka!" Sen bellows out to the eagle.
>"Excuse me, ladies." Haruka says with a hint of resignation in her voice. "This is the part of the operation where I explain to Sen that she can't come."

« Reply #815 on: January 06, 2018, 11:16:19 AM »
>Sympathetic-yet knowing smile
>"Ah."
>Not that I'd disagree.

« Reply #816 on: January 06, 2018, 11:29:25 AM »
>Sympathetic-yet knowing smile
>"Ah."
>Not that I'd disagree.

>Nor I. Kiku adds as Haruka turns from you. Sen is talented, but her specialty is hand to hand to combat. That won't work against Semitur. The one I think we may need to tell she can't come is Cinnamon.

« Reply #817 on: January 06, 2018, 11:46:41 AM »
>Is she still clinging onto Reisen as we speak?
>You don't think Haruka's word will be enough?

« Reply #818 on: January 06, 2018, 12:27:01 PM »
>Is she still clinging onto Reisen as we speak?
>You don't think Haruka's word will be enough?

>Neither one is in sight, but you would assume so.
>I'm not certain. With most mikos it would be. Normally it would be enough for Cinnamon, too, but the way she seems to have attached herself to Poppy, I don't know.

« Reply #819 on: January 06, 2018, 12:47:05 PM »
>Well, hopefully she'll listen to Reisen herself, at least.

« Reply #820 on: January 06, 2018, 12:53:21 PM »
>Well, hopefully she'll listen to Reisen herself, at least.

>You don't think she'd help? Rin asks. I mean, you don't think Cinnamon would be a help against Semitur?

« Reply #821 on: January 06, 2018, 01:01:47 PM »
>I worry that her impulsiveness could make her a liability against a foe so skilled at ensnaring people.

« Reply #822 on: January 06, 2018, 01:15:17 PM »
>I worry that her impulsiveness could make her a liability against a foe so skilled at ensnaring people.

>You mean you think she might get herself caught by the succubus?

« Reply #823 on: January 06, 2018, 01:24:04 PM »
>Yes. Or get one of us caught in trying to prevent it. Perhaps I'm not giving her enough credit, but that is my concern.

« Reply #824 on: January 06, 2018, 01:39:11 PM »
>Yes. Or get one of us caught in trying to prevent it. Perhaps I'm not giving her enough credit, but that is my concern.

>I share your concern. says Kiku. Not only because she is a fairy, but I can envision her getting herself in trouble trying to help Poppy with great ease.
>She seemed to do okay working with Reisen against Kenyu. Rin points out.
>True, but Semitur is a very different enemy to Kenyu. Kenyu fights fairly and with honor. Semitur does not, and she is dangerous in ways Kenyu is not.

« Reply #825 on: January 06, 2018, 01:43:22 PM »
>And Haruka has far more familiarity with Cinnamon than we do and still elected not to include her on this mission, so I will defer to her judgement in this matter unless given strong cause to think otherwise.

« Reply #826 on: January 07, 2018, 08:21:41 AM »
>And Haruka has far more familiarity with Cinnamon than we do and still elected not to include her on this mission, so I will defer to her judgement in this matter unless given strong cause to think otherwise.

>As though beckoned by your current topic of conversation, Reisen pages you. Lotus? I'm right in thinking Cinnamon probably isn't right for this, and that Haruka doesn't want her to come, yes?

« Reply #827 on: January 07, 2018, 09:08:04 AM »
>Was she not included in our previous conversation?
>Assuming not, append to the below: We were just discussing that, as a matter of fact. And yes,
>I fear her impulsiveness may put her in harm's way and I presume Haruka feels likewise. She wasn't on the list of mikos she plans to include on the mission, at any rate.

« Reply #828 on: January 07, 2018, 11:45:50 AM »
>Was she not included in our previous conversation?
>Assuming not, append to the below: We were just discussing that, as a matter of fact. And yes,
>I fear her impulsiveness may put her in harm's way and I presume Haruka feels likewise. She wasn't on the list of mikos she plans to include on the mission, at any rate.

>No. You had been speaking with Rin and Kiku.
>There's a list? I half-thought you'd try to convince Haruka to come with us alone, and keep her people out of danger.

« Reply #829 on: January 07, 2018, 12:07:41 PM »
>Well, only two besides her - Subala and a conjurer from the Tortoise Shrine named Yuna Sekino. I suspect Haruka understands the danger well enough to take only those she feels are suitable to handle it.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 12:31:39 PM by DracoOmega »

« Reply #830 on: January 07, 2018, 01:31:02 PM »
>Well, only two besides her - Subala and a conjurer from the Tortoise Shrine named Yuna Sekino. I suspect Haruka understands the danger well enough to take only those she feels are suitable to handle it.

>And she knows us well enough to adjust her team accordingly. There's no point in bringing the team she normally would to handle a case like this, it'd be overkill with us around.
>Agreed. says Kiku. We could end up interfering with each other if there were too many of us involved.
>Anyway, Reisen says, I'm not sure Cinnamon really would be a liability to us. I think she can contain herself if she has to. She did when we fought Youmu.

« Reply #831 on: January 07, 2018, 02:17:54 PM »
>Are you... requesting that she accompany us?

« Reply #832 on: January 07, 2018, 04:14:58 PM »
>Are you... requesting that she accompany us?

>Reisen pauses. I'm not sure.
>How clear a request. Kiku remarks.
>She wants to come. And I... am conflicted.
>Then she should stay here. says Kiku. We do not need extra conflict on the battlefield.

« Reply #833 on: January 07, 2018, 04:32:10 PM »
>Is there any reason you want her to come beyond the fact that she wants to come?

« Reply #834 on: January 07, 2018, 04:40:47 PM »
>Is there any reason you want her to come beyond the fact that she wants to come?

>Because I... want to work with her. she admits.

« Reply #835 on: January 07, 2018, 05:11:11 PM »
>You do?

« Reply #836 on: January 07, 2018, 08:31:50 PM »
>You do?

>I just don't know if this is the right time and place for it.

« Reply #837 on: January 07, 2018, 08:34:57 PM »
>Do you think she has the composure to ensure she avoids direct eye contact with Semitur? Or anything else that might put her under the sway of her enthrallment?

« Reply #838 on: January 08, 2018, 10:06:22 AM »
>Do you think she has the composure to ensure she avoids direct eye contact with Semitur? Or anything else that might put her under the sway of her enthrallment?

>Reisen thinks about that for a moment. Maybe. But not if she wants to fight at her best.

« Reply #839 on: January 08, 2018, 02:11:00 PM »
>Then I'm inclined to think this isn't the best circumstances for her to accompany us, as much as I respect your request. I hope you understand.