Author Topic: ~*~ Server-tan Contest! ~*~ VOTE OVER!  (Read 63950 times)

Molten

• Just a lil' goblin
  • A sweet potato.
Re: ~*~ Server-tan Contest! ~*~ VOTE NOW!
« Reply #90 on: July 29, 2011, 03:57:01 PM »
Triela: #8
I was torn between #8 and #13 for quite a while. But in the end i went with #8. The look on her face and the stance makes her seem like she would get any job done.

Henrietta: #13
Seems really playful and adventurous which makes sense regarding which one of the servers she represents.

Angelica: #11
I really like the design on this one. 'Nuff said.

Palewolf

• バカ狼ですよ
« Reply #91 on: July 29, 2011, 10:40:43 PM »
Triela:#6
No one really struck me as a perfect fit but #6 looks strong without being bulky so i went with that,
Gotta say i like #15 but it's perhaps abit lacking in the strong/heavy-lifting aspect.

Henrietta:#17
Hardest one to decide on, main contender being #5.

Angelica:#11
Easily my favourite out of all the entries, gives a kinda "socially detached doing weird experiments all the time vibe"
...or something.  :V
Honorable mention to #7 for being awesome.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 10:44:14 PM by Palewolf »

pineyappled

« Reply #92 on: July 30, 2011, 05:31:18 PM »
Angelica- 2/11
Triela- 13
Henrietta- 9

Nicole Artist

• Eat egg
  • egg egg egg egg
    • Tumblr
« Reply #93 on: July 30, 2011, 05:49:32 PM »
*keeping list of what votes where*
I wana see who wins before everyone knows >:3

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
  • When Ice Cars completely miss the intended target
« Reply #94 on: July 30, 2011, 06:37:37 PM »
I wanted to enter this contest, but med school is so  :colonveeplusalpha:

So, here's my vote!

Triela #8

Henrietta #13

Angelica #11
"I'm not sure about this anymore...Are you sure this is safe?"

"Absolutely! This is 100% safe! ...Not."

Kinzo the Astro Curious

• One small step for Desu; One giant leap for touhou-kind!
« Reply #95 on: August 02, 2011, 04:40:32 PM »
My votes:

Triela #3
Somewhat scalable and nice design.

Henrietta 9#
Fun, goofy, reminds me of a mix between Koishi and a clown.

Angelica 11#
Simple yet fairly Erey and highly scalable to a small or large image.

My Primary basis for votes was features, and scalability of those features.

I admit Triela 3# and Angelica 11# Could clash pretty heavily with the black against white, but then again, Thats kinda like a Ying Yang, which is kinda the point in this place isn't it? Then jam a fun clown in the middle.

Also I'm shocked mine got any votes at all lol. I prefered TL's version of my one.
http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/6053/dramaticenough.png
Very dramatic.

« Reply #96 on: August 02, 2011, 05:27:06 PM »
Here is my vote:

Henrietta: #13
Triela: #11
Angelica: #8
Blog updated: 14.11.2011
Twitter

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #97 on: August 02, 2011, 06:46:36 PM »
Suppose I should contribute my vote to the democracy:

Hentrietta: #5

Angelica: #9
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #98 on: August 03, 2011, 09:36:34 AM »
Triela : #9
Henrietta: #10
Angelica: #11

I picked them based on how they would look together.
In no way did I just go 1,2,3 those look good.

« Reply #99 on: August 03, 2011, 12:34:04 PM »
I guess I'll weigh in on this.

Triela - #8
Gives the "no nonsense" look without being overbearing on the "heavy-lifting" approach. Miko Rikako <3
Henrietta - #13
Side pockets for holding controllers, snacks, and writing utensils. Gotta admire someone who's resourceful
Angelica - #11
I like how this one strikes me as a "test subject" without randomizing everything. Just add a little more color and it'd be perfect.

Looking at the group together.... I'd say that's a good balance.

EDIT - What is the next phase of this contest? Will you guys be looking for anyone to color and/or illustrate the winning girls? (in something other than concept art, that is)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 07:38:34 AM by Dr.Strafe »

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #100 on: August 04, 2011, 07:06:13 AM »
I should vote shouldn't I? :V

Well, anyway:
Triela: 9
Henrietta: 9
Angelica: 11

Triela is one of my favorites here, very much ZUN art in this drawing. Henrietta is more ZUN art as well, and the design is pretty interesting to stare at for a bit. Angelica, #11 was just amazing here. This is also one of my favorites. Certainly grabs your attention when you first see it, or even when you have already seen it. Great job people!
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

« Reply #101 on: August 04, 2011, 08:45:58 PM »
Suuure! From what I gathered from Art History class, I suck as an art critic. Luckily I have no plans on making that a career! So I shall go by... what I like. Yes.

Triela - #3
'Tis pretty good, this one caught me eye out of the rest of the bunch I'd say. Especially the attire.

Henrietta - #9
I really enjoy the design of this one. Very cute.

Angelica - #10
THAT FACE... It... IT BECKONS.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 01:48:06 AM by axman36 »

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #102 on: August 05, 2011, 12:06:14 AM »
Triela

Henrietta

Angelica

Aya Squawkermaru

• "You furnish the pictures and I'll furnish the war." - William Hearst
  • Relevant quote is relevant.
« Reply #103 on: August 05, 2011, 01:23:33 AM »
Triela #9

Angelica #11

Henrietta #17

Not so much based on them going well together, these were just the ones I liked the design of the most.

Aoshi-shi

• Back at it again in the Land of Origin
  • maior e longinquo reverentia
« Reply #104 on: August 05, 2011, 01:48:59 AM »
Not so much based on them going well together, these were just the ones I liked the design of the most.

I have a feeling that we're going to have one big crack group of server-tans by the end of this contest.
Art Thread -->
Well gee, I have a Tumblr now.  | Twitter
 What a nice day to complain about mobage!
 |PADherder

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #105 on: August 05, 2011, 09:49:54 AM »
Triela:  #14
Henrietta: #6 Needs some @ signs on her, though.
Angelica: #18, because of that hat and that expression.

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
« Reply #106 on: August 05, 2011, 09:06:11 PM »
HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGER!

With special permission from the staff a late 19th entry has been finished and put into the big list.

Feel free to modify your votes accordingly if you wish to!

Here's the entry:

|
Triela & Chibi-version

Henrietta

|
Angelica & Chibi-version
(Note: A bit hard to see, but she has four arms, two of which in a straitjacket)

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
« Reply #107 on: August 07, 2011, 05:02:11 PM »
Production notes on entry #19.

Triela:
1) She's dressed in heavy steam-powered armour, as befits her 'heavylifter' image.
2) Her 'wings' on her back are her suit's exhaust pipes.
3) Her power gauntlets allow her to carry objects many times her size and weight (or punch them, whichever's more practical for her purposes).
4) Henrietta calls her 'steamy' for obvious reasons.
5) Angelica calls her 'shiny', again for obvious reasons.
6) Some people have come to refer to her as the 'tingirl'. She doesn't quite like that.
7) She refers to herself as the 'Fullmetal Maiden'.
8) She also wields a giant wrench staff (not depicted here).
9) Despite her armoured exterior, she's actually quite a softie. She has a big soft spot for cute things in particular.
10) Her monocle allows her a special power known as the 'Kaleidoscope Vision'. Nobody alive knows what it is or what it does. (that's not to say somebody dead doesn't)
11) Her armour's skirt needs some more work.
12) Her cloak actually holds a lot of heavy-duty tools.

Angelica:
1) She's dressed in a straight-jacket under her lab coat (presumably stolen from an unfortunate scientist). She's got a LOT of stuff hidden in it. So far Henrietta's seen her pull out snacks, goodies and even spare parts for Triela from its depths. Who knows what other wonders (or horrors) it hides?
2) She doesn't seem to mind the straight jacket. She manages just fine with her second pair of arms(?!).
3) She has a strange pair of appendages sticking out of her head....they look like ears but at the same time they seem to be part of her hair.....they glow too. And apparently she can manipulate them with as much deadly dexterity as her second pair of arms....
4) She has a self-destruct collar tied around her neck.
5) Interestingly, she has the keys to her straight jacket and collar tied on a string around her neck, presumably given to her by her mistress. Why she hasn't chosen to escape is unknown.
6) Henrietta first found her lying in her donation box. How she came to be there is still a mystery.
7) She has the personality and mannerisms of a 4 year old most of the time.
8) Her final attack is called 'Kaleidoscope ???????'. Enough said.

Henrietta:
1) She's an Ainu-style shrinemaiden. Her dress still needs to be made a little more western and gothic, so it's still a WIP.
2) Her stole is constantly changing with prismatic kaleidoscope-style colours and patterns. It's quite magical.
3) She wears a tanktop and a mini-skirt underneath that gi. She's quite easygoing.
4) Detached sleeves = miko armpits!
5) Her final attack is christened the 'KALEIDOSCOPE HEART'. Nobody alive has ever seen it (If anybody died from it, it was most likely an accident or something. She has the accuracy of a blind hobo on absinthe).
6) She's exceptionally clumsy. Most days she tangles herself in her own sarashi.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #108 on: August 07, 2011, 05:33:00 PM »
Dayyyyyyymn, I really have to reconsider my choices now...
That Angelica is giving me a distinct Kyuubey vibe, and the Triela looks like humanoid Hibachi.  :D

Production notes on entry #19.
I may be wrong, but I don't think personality traits etc are supposed to be part of this contest, no?  :derp:
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #109 on: August 07, 2011, 05:50:57 PM »
All three: Entry #19.

:V

Dead Princess Sakana

« Reply #110 on: August 07, 2011, 06:10:47 PM »
Alright people, we're going into the final hours here.

Today is the last day of voting, so to make it a nice number, you have 15 hours left to cast your votes!

Currently we have a stunning participation of about... 1% of the users of this forum :P

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #111 on: August 07, 2011, 06:16:39 PM »
Currently we have a stunning participation of about... 1% of the users of this forum :P
Clearly the only option is to have TSO change the forum skin so that HUGE BRIGHTLY FLASHING BANNERS point towards this thread.  BV
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Aya Squawkermaru

• "You furnish the pictures and I'll furnish the war." - William Hearst
  • Relevant quote is relevant.
« Reply #112 on: August 07, 2011, 06:57:01 PM »
Oh man, don't I feel special and unique :P

Cass

• Teh Touhou Fangirl
    • My YouTube
Re: ~*~ Server-tan Contest! ~*~ VOTE NOW OR NEVER! 15 HOURS LEFT!
« Reply #113 on: August 07, 2011, 10:34:20 PM »
Doubt a new member like me can vote but... All 19!
Why? I love the designs. But still, I keep seeming to want to choose the Angelica from 11..
But nah, all 19.
:dealwithit:

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #115 on: August 08, 2011, 05:49:16 AM »
Changing up a vote here:

Triela: #14

Henrietta: #19
This was a bit tougher, since there's a lot of ways to make a "goofball." So I had pretty high standards for them looking actually goofy or playful: While there are a lot of attractive plain designs, but #5, #9, and #15 have the most colorful and atypical ones - with #9 going about the right amount over the top.
Seeing as Gap's version is extremely similar aside from the hat vs. headband+ponytail, I'm switching to favor the more interesting headwear.

Angelica: #15
There was something here once. Wonder what...

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #116 on: August 08, 2011, 06:47:24 AM »
All right, I think I've decided.

Henrietta: #19
Angelica: #13

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #117 on: August 08, 2011, 11:58:56 AM »
I guess I should give in my two cents as well.

Triela #11: I love how she has the colors of the old forum theme, with her wings resembling the MotK logo. It really makes me see her as some sort of guardian or deity of MotK. It's a simple design too, so people won't have much trouble recreating it for 4komas. A lot of people in this contest just have too complex designs for others to properly redraw it. I have to give props to #9, #8 and #13 though. All nice designs. I like the hat and sandals on #9~

Henrietta #9: Cheerful and childlike, with an excellent choice of outfit. That hat and those sleeves could contain all kinds of gaming items and gadgets. Runner-up are #19 and #16. #16 is a fairy, which fits well with the goofball archetype, while #19 has a nice, childlike design.

Angelica #11: This was a hard one. There wasn't an Angelica that was really my favorite. #19 is pretty clever, what with the four arms and straight jacket, and doesn't look insane. #2 has a nice Frankenstein thing going on, with possible hidden weapons inside of her. #9 has a rather original design choice. I like the vial bound to the chest a la Nitori's key, as well as the bandage over one eye. It's also a simple design, which gives it bonus points, though #2 is also easy to recreate. #7 took an amusing approach, just putting Angelica in a sealed box. You could let your imagination run wild with what could be in that box. In 4komas and comics all kinds of stuff could pop out of it, including tentacles, spikes, arms, wings, heads, tails, you name it. It would be a bit too ridiculous for a serious comic though. #11's white design makes some nice contrast with Triela #11's black design. The dreary look on her face also fits the second-banana role she fulfills.
In the end, I think I'll go for #11. It creates a nice yin-yang color effect with Triela #11. With #9's bright, diverse colors you basically have the entire color set.

Dead Princess Sakana

Re: ~*~ Server-tan Contest! ~*~ VOTING OVER
« Reply #118 on: August 08, 2011, 12:07:45 PM »
Alright, I'll be nice and still count Okashii's votes though they are way over the deadline, but with that, the voting is hereby

~CLOSED~

~Results~

Triela:

#8 - 12 votes
#3 / #9 / #11 - 4 votes
#6 / #14 - 3 votes
#19 - 2 votes
#5 / #7 / #12 - 1 vote

----------------------

Henrietta:

#13 - 9 votes
#9 - 6 votes
#19 - 4 votes
#5 - 3 votes
#2 / #8 / #17 - 2 votes
#4 / #6 / #10 / #11 / #12 - 1 vote

----------------------

Angelica:

#11 - 12 votes
#8 - 5 votes
#2 / #9 - 4 votes
#7 / #17 / #19 - 2 votes
#10 / #13 / #15 / #18 - 1 vote

----------------------

Total votes submitted: 35 for Triela/Angelica, 33 for Henrietta.
1,2% of the users of this forum have voted.
Considering we had a total of nineteen entries that's a very small number, not even double the number of artists that worked hard to submit something here.

That said, I want to thank every artist that posted an entry, and every person that submitted their vote in this contest.

Now we are gone take the results of the vote and use those as a basis to make a final verdict on which designs shall become our official MotK-mascots. There's some clear tendencies already, but with how much we plan to use the server-tans this decision has to be made carefully.
Stay tuned to hear the final verdict soon, and once again, thank you ^^
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 12:19:10 PM by Sakanamoto-san »

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
Re: ~*~ Server-tan Contest! ~*~ VOTE OVER!
« Reply #119 on: August 08, 2011, 04:01:59 PM »
> 1% voted

my face when:  :<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

terribly disappointing imo, but I guess extending the date is as pointless, I'd say let the admins have a say and the artists have a say in the final subject.
especially the top 3 most voted for each girl and see how it goes.
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?