Author Topic: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 2)  (Read 55003 times)

Re: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 2)
« Reply #570 on: June 10, 2011, 11:27:32 PM »
>"I invited you. You could have come to get me. I could have cleared up everything. Instead you chose to make a fool of me Cirno."

>"Huh?" she repeats. "Only fool here is that guy," she says, pointing at the unfortunate slipping victim. He frowns, but looks a little unsure of the proper response to that.
>"Are you sure you don't know where Marisa is?" Honey asks the room, sounding a touch dejected.
>"She was talking to Rinnosuke earlier," another apprentice responds. "Maybe he knows?" She shrugs. The others split their dubious looks between both Cirno and you.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #571 on: June 10, 2011, 11:32:08 PM »
Sour, Hanzo. Reconcilation, or press the attack?

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #572 on: June 10, 2011, 11:36:53 PM »
Hmm...if it was me, I'd just facepalm. (Which would likely be in character for Nazrin as well.)
That's really all I got, mostly due in part to needing some sleep.
So I'll leave it to you guys, I figured that if the thought she was a hero, calling that into heavy question would be enough to give 'er a good rattling.
Seeing as how that generally works with most so-called 'heroes'.

I'll probably be more useful after a snooze.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

« Reply #573 on: June 10, 2011, 11:43:08 PM »
Think I'm with Hanzo. A facepalm would seem an appropriate response.
Playing the shame card for at least another post or two might just do the trick. Failing that, Honey seems to have given us at least one more alternative, if we didn't want this to end in a fight. Not that I'm opposed to having it out with Cirno by any means, but options are good.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #574 on: June 11, 2011, 12:35:13 AM »
>Facepalm. Groan.

« Reply #575 on: June 11, 2011, 12:53:38 AM »
>Facepalm. Groan.

>You facepalm and groan. Given the circumstances, it feels like an appropriate response. Honey gives you a confused look. You think you see a sort of sympathetic frown on one of the apprentices' faces.

>"Who's this Rinnosuke guy, anyway?" Cirno asks.
>"He's the guildmaster," the Seeker in the corner says. "He-"
>Cirno grins. "Does that mean he's the strongest of you guys?"
>There's a series of uncertain looks among the apprentices.

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #576 on: June 11, 2011, 01:23:19 AM »
>... She brings up a good point. Have we ever seen the man in action?

« Reply #577 on: June 11, 2011, 01:58:43 AM »
>... She brings up a good point. Have we ever seen the man in action?

>Not really. He's effectively retired from active duty and spends most of his time managing the logistics of the guild and his own collection. Still, you've gotten the impression that he was an adventurer of no small skill years ago.

« Reply #578 on: June 11, 2011, 02:07:24 AM »
The real question is, will pointing Cirno at Rinnosuke help us in the long run? I mean, will it convince Cirno to traipse off after Marissa in whichever direction he points her in? Although I suppose he could thrash her himself, if push comes to shove. Or at least the potential is there. You know what, I'm gonna go with that, if nobody objects.

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #579 on: June 11, 2011, 02:25:19 AM »
The way I see it, Rinnosuke will either turn out to be every super-hero tied into one being, Or just be someone who'd bore Cirno to sleep with his collection and such.

« Reply #580 on: June 11, 2011, 03:20:17 AM »
I'd chaulk up either one as a victory. And either one probably involves less collateral damage. So let's give that a bash.

>Come to think of it, was Rinnosuke the one who founded the Seekers, or is he merely the current leader?

« Reply #581 on: June 11, 2011, 03:37:44 AM »
>Come to think of it, was Rinnosuke the one who founded the Seekers, or is he merely the current leader?

>You're honestly uncertain. The Seekers started out as a nebulous association, and you're not sure exactly who was responsible for codifying it into its current form. Rinnosuke's been around for a long time, though.

« Reply #582 on: June 11, 2011, 04:03:31 AM »
Ahh, rumors and hinted-at history. Bet that'll fire Cirno's imagination.

>"To be honest, Cirno, he may well be. He's been around for a long time. He doesn't get out as much as he used to, but back in the day, he was said to be one of the best. Hell, for all I know, he may have been the one that founded the Seekers as it is now."

« Reply #583 on: June 11, 2011, 04:39:57 AM »
>"To be honest, Cirno, he may well be. He's been around for a long time. He doesn't get out as much as he used to, but back in the day, he was said to be one of the best. Hell, for all I know, he may have been the one that founded the Seekers as it is now."

>"Back in the day?" Cirno says. "What, is he all old and stuff now or something? I don't wanna fight some old has-been." You practically see the room cringe as one.
>"Hey!" one of the apprentices cries. "Have a little respect!"
>"She's a fairy," another says, shaking her head. "You're wasting your breath."
>"That's right!" Cirno replies. "I'm not leaving until I can fight someone real strong."
>"There's a story here, isn't there?" a third apprentice says, throwing a weary look in your direction.

« Reply #584 on: June 11, 2011, 04:47:25 AM »
>"This fairy was.... traveling with me back into town on a job. And we got to talking about Marissa. And I told her that Marissa might be the most powerful being on the continent, or certainly one of them. So she said she wanted to meet this Marissa, test her skills against one of the best. And, welll..."
>Glance around room, then back to Cirno.
>Here we are. It probably should've occured to me that Marissa might not be here, but I never expected Cirno here to basically be challenging everyone within range if she couldn't challenge Marissa."

« Reply #585 on: June 11, 2011, 05:05:26 AM »
>"This fairy was.... traveling with me back into town on a job. And we got to talking about Marissa. And I told her that Marissa might be the most powerful being on the continent, or certainly one of them. So she said she wanted to meet this Marissa, test her skills against one of the best. And, welll..."
>Glance around room, then back to Cirno.
>Here we are. It probably should've occured to me that Marissa might not be here, but I never expected Cirno here to basically be challenging everyone within range if she couldn't challenge Marissa."

>As you explain how Cirno wanted to test her skills against one of the best, a couple of the apprentices start to snicker.
>"She'll make a crater out of her, Nazrin," one of them says. "You know it."
>"Damn straight!" Cirno cries, seemingly confusing her pronouns. The snickering turns into full-blown laughter, and Cirno scowls. "What's so funny?!"
>Honey turns her head towards you. "What is so funny?"

« Reply #586 on: June 11, 2011, 05:41:19 AM »
>Okay, the thought of Cirno (or any fairy) thinking she can beat Marissa IS pretty funny. Still, refrain from joining our comrades laughter.
>"Let's just say that... There haven't been too many people that fared too well when they challenged Marissa. No matter what species they belonged to. In fact, almost nobody around been f- BRAVE enough to challenge her directly. And certainly not like you have here. This is a rare day."

« Reply #587 on: June 11, 2011, 06:03:20 AM »
>Okay, the thought of Cirno (or any fairy) thinking she can beat Marissa IS pretty funny. Still, refrain from joining our comrades laughter.
>"Let's just say that... There haven't been too many people that fared too well when they challenged Marissa. No matter what species they belonged to. In fact, almost nobody around been f- BRAVE enough to challenge her directly. And certainly not like you have here. This is a rare day."

>Cirno's got spirit, you'll give her that. Sense, on the other hand... You keep your laughter to yourself, however.
>Cirno grins. "Gonna be even rarer when I kick her ass." More laughter ensues.
>"You think I can't do it, is that it?!" she cries. "Well, let me show you just what I can do. I'll take you all on at once. Come on!" She makes a beckoning gesture, then rests her hand on the hilt of her sword. The apprentices exchange uncertain glances.

>"I don't think that will be necessary," comes a familiar voice from the hallway past the common room.

« Reply #588 on: June 11, 2011, 06:10:53 AM »
>Turn dramatically to look at the new arrival. Maybe we won't need those kunai after all.

« Reply #589 on: June 11, 2011, 06:38:43 AM »
>Turn dramatically to look at the new arrival. Maybe we won't need those kunai after all.

>Turning, you see Rinnosuke calmly walking down the corridor towards the gathering, idly polishing some small object in his hand with a cloth as he does so.
>"If you'd like to meet Marisa," he says, "I do believe she should be back soon."
>"Who're you?" Cirno asks, turning to face him.
>"Me?" He pauses for a moment, without breaking stride. "I'm Rinnosuke Morichika, head of the Seekers guild."
>A grin tugs at the corners of Cirno's mouth. "So you're the big boss, eh?"
>"I suppose you could call me that," he says, "Although I don't think I'm the challenge you're looking for, I'm afraid."

« Reply #590 on: June 11, 2011, 07:27:22 AM »
>Try to avoid looking Rinnosuke in the eye. Cirno may be a terrible guest, but it was kind of our fault she's here now.
>Still, good timing on his part. Cirno probably couldn't take a room full of Seekers, but the room itself probably would've suffered in the process.
>"Well, there you go, Cirno. You can fight the whole room of us, or, if you're willing to wait a bit, you can have the challenge you came here for in the first place."

« Reply #591 on: June 11, 2011, 05:50:56 PM »
>Try to avoid looking Rinnosuke in the eye. Cirno may be a terrible guest, but it was kind of our fault she's here now.
>Still, good timing on his part. Cirno probably couldn't take a room full of Seekers, but the room itself probably would've suffered in the process.
>"Well, there you go, Cirno. You can fight the whole room of us, or, if you're willing to wait a bit, you can have the challenge you came here for in the first place."

>You avoid looking Rinnosuke in the eye. He seems unperturbed, but... that's not exactly unusual.
>"Why not do both?" Cirno says, her grin widening.
>"I'm sure you could, if you chose to," Rinnosuke says, "But wouldn't it be best to save your full power for Marisa herself? You might not need it, but wouldn't you rather show her what you can really do?"
>"Huh." Cirno pauses a moment. "Yeah, maybe."
>"Then feel free to have a seat," he continues, gesturing towards the chairs. "I'm sure you won't have long to wait."

« Reply #592 on: June 11, 2011, 11:27:56 PM »
>Smooth, boss. Bet he makes a swell negociator.

Now at this point, I'm debating whether or not to just sneak out and finish the fruit job, or tell Cirno we're going to take care of the paperwork for it, which is technically true, and sounds boring, so she won't be interested and just stay put while we get paid. Opinions?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #593 on: June 12, 2011, 12:23:21 AM »
If bossman keeps her enraptured, just sneak out. If not, go the paperwork route.

>Give Rinnosuke a smile, when Cirno isn't looking.

« Reply #594 on: June 12, 2011, 01:12:49 AM »
>Smooth, boss. Bet he makes a swell negociator.

>You may not have seen him do any of the rough stuff, but you're sure his network of connections didn't build itself.

>Give Rinnosuke a smile, when Cirno isn't looking.

>You give Rinnosuke a smile when you think Cirno's not looking. He raises an eyebrow ever so subtly.

>Cirno glances around the room, then picks a seat and flops down in it like she owns the place. The looks on the apprentices faces is... mixed, from vague irritation to uncertainty, but they slowly move back to wherever they were before Cirno made her appearance. Not without a few glances in both the fairy and the guildmaster's direction, though.
>"Naoki," Rinnosuke says to one of the apprentices as she moves to walk away. "Could spare a moment?"
>"Uh, of course," she says, catching herself and walking towards him instead.

>"How long's she going to be?" Honey asks you.

« Reply #595 on: June 12, 2011, 01:22:17 AM »
>"Who, Marissa? Well, Rinnosuke said soon, so it probably shouldn't take too long. In the meantime, I think I'll take care of the paperwork for the Melon Bowl. It's kinda boring, but it needs to be done."
>"What about you, Honey? Did you want to stay here with Cirno? Honestly, I'd feel a bit better if someone I knew well was here to keep an eye on her, make sure she doesn't cause any more trouble until Marissa shows up."

« Reply #596 on: June 12, 2011, 01:30:43 AM »
>"Who, Marissa? Well, Rinnosuke said soon, so it probably shouldn't take too long. In the meantime, I think I'll take care of the paperwork for the Melon Bowl. It's kinda boring, but it needs to be done."
>"What about you, Honey? Did you want to stay here with Cirno? Honestly, I'd feel a bit better if someone I knew well was here to keep an eye on her, make sure she doesn't cause any more trouble until Marissa shows up."

>Honey nods, then frowns. "That's the sort of thing sidekicks are supposed to do, isn't it?"
>"Why would she cause any trouble?" she asks.

« Reply #597 on: June 12, 2011, 01:43:59 AM »
>Chuckle softly.
>"Within five minutes of walking through the front door, she nearly started a brawl with everyone she could see. I'm a bit nervous about what else she might do once I step away."

« Reply #598 on: June 12, 2011, 01:55:32 AM »
>Chuckle softly.
>"Within five minutes of walking through the front door, she nearly started a brawl with everyone she could see. I'm a bit nervous about what else she might do once I step away."

>"She only challenged them," Honey says, frowning uncertainly. "That's what swordsmen are supposed to do when they meet other strong people, isn't it? You said that this place is full of strong people, too, right?"

>You see Naoki nod to Rinnosuke, then walk briskly past you and towards the door out. Rinnosuke resumes idly polishing whatever is in his hand - the cloth is still obscuring sight of it - though you note him keeping a very subtle eye on Cirno.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #599 on: June 12, 2011, 02:25:20 AM »
>"You don't challenge them right off the bat! It's like asking for a kiss before the date..."