Author Topic: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 2)  (Read 55305 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 2)
« Reply #390 on: May 31, 2011, 05:18:20 AM »
>Be a bit less challenging.
>"Exactly. As far as everyone else is concerned, you robbed him."

« Reply #391 on: May 31, 2011, 06:22:37 AM »
>Be a bit less challenging.
>"Exactly. As far as everyone else is concerned, you robbed him."

>"Yeah right," she says, then looks towards the fairy on your arm. "Did I rob that guy?"
>"Of course not!" she replies
>Cirno fixes you with a smug expression. "See?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #392 on: May 31, 2011, 06:28:30 AM »
>"Okay, let's go ask the guard in Braston."

« Reply #393 on: May 31, 2011, 06:36:22 AM »
>"Okay, let's go ask the guard in Braston."

>"They have a problem with people taking stuff people leave lying around?" Cirno says. "Bet they'd have a problem with people hurting other people, too, wouldn't they?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #394 on: May 31, 2011, 06:50:04 AM »
>"Yeah, I'm sure they'll have a few thoughts on you attacking unarmed people with a sword. Let's go ask 'em."

« Reply #395 on: May 31, 2011, 07:03:06 AM »
>"Yeah, I'm sure they'll have a few thoughts on you attacking unarmed people with a sword. Let's go ask 'em."

>Cirno scowls. "I didn't hurt him, which is more than he can say. He's fine, you're fine, where's the problem?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #396 on: May 31, 2011, 07:32:09 AM »
>"Only because I was skilled enough to know how to dodge a sword, then get too close for it to be that useful. And you skill froze my hand! What's going to happen when you wave that stupid thing at someone who doesn't know how to fight, huh? So, you want to go ask the guards what they think? You can't say they don't know about justice."

« Reply #397 on: June 05, 2011, 05:30:16 AM »
>"Only because I was skilled enough to know how to dodge a sword, then get too close for it to be that useful. And you skill froze my hand! What's going to happen when you wave that stupid thing at someone who doesn't know how to fight, huh? So, you want to go ask the guards what they think? You can't say they don't know about justice."

>Her scowl doesn't waver. "Bet they'd have done the same thing. And if they wouldn't, then they're working for the wrong side. Any warrior who stands by while people get hurt doesn't know a thing about justice."
>"Yeah!" the other fairy adds.

« Reply #398 on: June 05, 2011, 05:32:58 AM »
>Rub fingers across the bridge of our nose. This is getting us nowhere.
>"Well, there's people getting hurt right now, thanks to that fruit not being where it needs to be."
>"But you just might be able to do something about that as well, if you'll hear me out. I have an idea."

« Reply #399 on: June 05, 2011, 05:41:57 AM »
>Rub fingers across the bridge of our nose. This is getting us nowhere.
>"Well, there's people getting hurt right now, thanks to that fruit not being where it needs to be."
>"But you just might be able to do something about that as well, if you'll hear me out. I have an idea."

>You rub your fingers across the bridge of your nose. Fairies...
>Cirno's expression wavers a little as you speak, although she seems to catch herself after a moment and try to look resolute once more.
>"What?" she says after a moment, giving you a dubious look.

« Reply #400 on: June 05, 2011, 05:46:08 AM »
>"Well-"
>Pause for a moment, then look at Armfairy.
>"You can let go if you want. You're gonna like this. I'm gonna give Cirno here a good chance to be a hero."

« Reply #401 on: June 05, 2011, 05:51:46 AM »
>"Well-"
>Pause for a moment, then look at Armfairy.
>"You can let go if you want. You're gonna like this. I'm gonna give Cirno here a good chance to be a hero."

>You pause, then look at the fairy still clinging to your arm. She frowns a little nervously.
>"But she's already a hero..." the fairy says, in a distinctly quieter voice.
>"Spit it out, then," Cirno says, giving you a look that's halfway between wariness and a challenge.

« Reply #402 on: June 05, 2011, 05:56:02 AM »
>"Alright, alright, a bigger hero then."
>Look back at Cirno.
>"Well, you wanna be the kind of hero people talk about for years and years, don'tcha. But even those heroes had to start somewhere. You've taken something from someone that tried to hurt your friends, which is what heroes do, it's a good start. But heroes also help strangers, people that've never heard of them before. And you've got a chance to do that now."

« Reply #403 on: June 05, 2011, 06:03:32 AM »
>"Alright, alright, a bigger hero then."

>"She's gonna be the biggest hero!" the little fairy says.
>"Damn straight," Cirno says.

>Look back at Cirno.
>"Well, you wanna be the kind of hero people talk about for years and years, don'tcha. But even those heroes had to start somewhere. You've taken something from someone that tried to hurt your friends, which is what heroes do, it's a good start. But heroes also help strangers, people that've never heard of them before. And you've got a chance to do that now."

>"I do?" she says, looking perhaps genuinely a little confused. "This better not be some kinda trick."

« Reply #404 on: June 05, 2011, 06:34:51 AM »
>"No, no, no tricks, no games. Just a chance to do some good."
>"Whatever about Isato, I'm betting you don't have anything against the people of Braston, or the shop that cart was bound for. So why don't you take the cart to Braston yourself, deliver it to the Melon Bowl yourself? Store owners at least would thank you, as would the people that eat there. I can think of one Kappa especially that'd be very grateful."
>"Hey, hadn't thought of that, there's a chance to be known amongst the Kappa, as well as the rest of the population. The generous fairy of justice who brought food to hungry people and poor storeowners."

« Reply #405 on: June 05, 2011, 06:51:01 AM »
>"No, no, no tricks, no games. Just a chance to do some good."
>"Whatever about Isato, I'm betting you don't have anything against the people of Braston, or the shop that cart was bound for. So why don't you take the cart to Braston yourself, deliver it to the Melon Bowl yourself? Store owners at least would thank you, as would the people that eat there. I can think of one Kappa especially that'd be very grateful."
>"Hey, hadn't thought of that, there's a chance to be known amongst the Kappa, as well as the rest of the population. The generous fairy of justice who brought food to hungry people and poor storeowners."

>You detail your idea to Cirno. While she seems wary and perhaps a little lost at first, you can see a smile creep across her face as you speculate on her future accolades.
>"Of course!" Cirno says. "And I even drove off a villain to do it, too! That's how it works!" She nods, seemingly pleased with herself.
>"Yay!" the other fairy chips.

« Reply #406 on: June 05, 2011, 07:15:44 AM »
>Alright, now we're getting somewhere.
>"I presume you can drive a horse & cart? I mean you had to get it here somehow."
>Actually, while we're at it, can we get a bead on those metallic readings we were getting earlier without alerting Cirno or her friend here?

« Reply #407 on: June 05, 2011, 07:31:15 AM »
>Alright, now we're getting somewhere.
>"I presume you can drive a horse & cart? I mean you had to get it here somehow."
>Actually, while we're at it, can we get a bead on those metallic readings we were getting earlier without alerting Cirno or her friend here?

>This may, in fact, be some form of progress!
>"Oh, that was Cheery Brook," the fairy on your arm says. "She's good with animals and stuff." Cirno throws her an irritated glance.
>Given that it would require taking your dowsing rods up and moving them around, this seems unlikely.

« Reply #408 on: June 05, 2011, 07:42:13 AM »
>Look at Armfairy for a moment.
>"What's your name, by the way? I mean, you've had a hold of my arm for a bit, wouldn't hurt to introduce ourselves. I'm Nazrin."

« Reply #409 on: June 05, 2011, 08:19:41 AM »
>Look at Armfairy for a moment.
>"What's your name, by the way? I mean, you've had a hold of my arm for a bit, wouldn't hurt to introduce ourselves. I'm Nazrin."

>"Honeysuckle Dewdrop," she says, smiling. "Nice to meet you!" Her grip on your arm doesn't slack in the slightest.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #410 on: June 05, 2011, 08:31:24 AM »
>Smile at Dewdrop. "You know, this kind of thing might become the next big fashion crazy."

« Reply #411 on: June 05, 2011, 08:40:02 AM »
>Smile at Dewdrop. "You know, this kind of thing might become the next big fashion crazy."

>Her eyes light up. "Really?" She squeezes tighter. "...wait, is that a good thing?"

« Reply #412 on: June 05, 2011, 08:42:41 AM »
Oh, that's marvelous, Purvis, now I have the image of Nazrin showing off her Fairy-bling wherever she goes. And I like it. Well played, sir. Well played.

>"Well, having a fairy on one's arm sure makes things more interesting. That ain't bad."
>Back to Cirno.
>"So whaddya say, Cirno? Wanna be a hero to the staff and customers of the Melon Bowl? Maybe we could even take Honeysuckle here along with ya. After all..."
>Offer a grin to Honeysuckle.
>"Every hero needs a sidekick."

« Reply #413 on: June 05, 2011, 09:30:43 AM »
>"Well, having a fairy on one's arm sure makes things more interesting. That ain't bad."

>Honeysuckle beams. "Yay, I'm making things interesting!" She resumes doing her level best to restrict the flow of blood to your hand.

>Back to Cirno.
>"So whaddya say, Cirno? Wanna be a hero to the staff and customers of the Melon Bowl? Maybe we could even take Honeysuckle here along with ya. After all..."
>Offer a grin to Honeysuckle.
>"Every hero needs a sidekick."

>You repeat your idea to Cirno, and then suggest taking Honeysuckle along.
>Honeysuckle gives you an uncertain look. "I'm a sidekick?" Then her eyes brighten, and she turns her head towards Cirno. "Can I be a sidekick?"
>Cirno frowns. "Ehh...."
>"Pleeeeease!" Honeysuckle loosens her grip on your arm just enough to clasp her hands together.
>Cirno looks at her for a moment, then shakes her head. "Sorry, kid. You did good today, but it'll be a long time before you're ready to be a sidekick."
>"B- b- but-" Honeysuckle sputters.
>"A swordsman's life is rough," Cirno continues. "You got what it takes to face hordes of monsters and demons and all that jazz?" You hear a frightened meep from your arm. Cirno sighs. "Could you even beat up Hyacinth?"
>Honeysuckle droops. "I..."
>"S'okay," Cirno says dismissively. "Not everyone can be the sidekick of a legendary swordsman." She grins. "Whoever it is'd have to be pretty legendary to keep up with me, anyway. So, about this Melon Bowl place," she says, turning back to you.

>"I- I can make great tea!" Honeysuckle cries. Cirno cocks an eyebrow. "And... and lemon bisque!" Her voice is practically overflowing with earnestness.
>"That's not-" Cirno begins.
>The fairy's voice grows increasingly shrill. "I could scrub your sword all shiny when you're not using it!"
>"You-"
>"I could carry your umbrella and make sure that your hair stays dry!"
>"I don't even ha-"
>"Bake victory cakes every day!"
>Cirno grimaces. "Would you-"
>"Darn your socks?"
>There is a moment's hesitation, then Cirno shakes her head again. Honeysuckle starts to sob on your arm.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #414 on: June 05, 2011, 10:01:39 AM »
>"Now that's not very heroic, either."

« Reply #415 on: June 05, 2011, 11:28:13 AM »
>Place free hand behind Honeysuckle's head in a gentle hug. Poor little thing.

« Reply #416 on: June 05, 2011, 05:50:36 PM »
>"Now that's not very heroic, either."

>"Hey!" Cirno says. "It's not my fault she's not cut out for it."
>"B- but it would have been so awesome!" Honeysuckle wails between sobs.

>Place free hand behind Honeysuckle's head in a gentle hug. Poor little thing.

>You bring your other hand around to give the sobbing fairy a hug. She stiffens and yelps as you make contact. At this point the distinct warmness of her head reminds you just how cold your left arm still is after its brush with popsicklehood.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #417 on: June 05, 2011, 08:22:53 PM »
>"Sorry..."

« Reply #418 on: June 05, 2011, 08:42:22 PM »
>"Sorry..."

>"I- I can't run away from the cold," she says, between sobs. "This is the hand touched by the ice of justice. A sidekick can't be afraid of justice." You hear her teeth start to chatter
>Cirno screws up her face, although she looks as much uncomfortable as put out. "So, about that Melon Bowl place..."

« Reply #419 on: June 06, 2011, 03:21:50 AM »
>Pat the poor fairy on the head a couple times. "Got the right attitude, there."
>Anyway, back down to business.
>"Melon bowl's the cafe in Braston that's expecting the fruit. If you'll get that cart and bring it to the bridge, we can ride back to Braston together. I have to go back the way I came, pick up the horse I rode in on."