Author Topic: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 2)  (Read 55263 times)

Re: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 2)
« Reply #180 on: May 22, 2011, 10:31:49 PM »
>Well, one thing at a time. First, breakfast. Then transport.

« Reply #181 on: May 22, 2011, 10:35:35 PM »
>Well, one thing at a time. First, breakfast. Then transport.

>You return to your breakfast, deciding to leave other matters for later. After a few more moments, Ichirin returns.
>"The cart's here now," she says. "She hitched it outside; you can leave whenever you're ready."

« Reply #182 on: May 23, 2011, 12:31:08 AM »
>"Gotcha."
>"Oh yeah, somethin' interesting happened last night, before I got to sleep. I think I saw that fairy on the roof flying about, she was making a great light show. She up to something, or just having fun?"

« Reply #183 on: May 23, 2011, 12:50:59 AM »
>"Gotcha."
>"Oh yeah, somethin' interesting happened last night, before I got to sleep. I think I saw that fairy on the roof flying about, she was making a great light show. She up to something, or just having fun?"

>Ichirin chuckles softly. "Oh, Shimmer's harmless. She just accosts visitors as a sort of, well... I think it's her version of trying to look out for the place. She started hanging around here a few months ago now - I think she's decided she likes it here. As for the lights, that just what she does. When she's in a good mood, anyway. She's a fairy of the night sky."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #184 on: May 23, 2011, 12:55:14 AM »
>"I wonder if she saw anything when the cattle theft was happening?"

« Reply #185 on: May 23, 2011, 12:59:58 AM »
>"I wonder if she saw anything when the cattle theft was happening?"

>"Well, she'd be asleep now," Ichirin muses. "She's nocturnal. But, well... she never mentioned she'd seen anything out of the ordinary. You know how fairies can be, though. I can ask her, if she's around before you're back." She pauses. "You are coming back here today, yes?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #186 on: May 23, 2011, 01:03:49 AM »
>Through full mouth: "Unless there's an emergency or something."

« Reply #187 on: May 23, 2011, 01:08:02 AM »
>Through full mouth: "Unless there's an emergency or something."

>You respond to Ichirin's question without breaking stride on your breakfast.
>She nods. "Good." You think you detect the faintest trace of a frown in your direction.

« Reply #188 on: May 23, 2011, 03:01:55 AM »
>Pause to swallow.
>"Well, I hope so, anyway. All depends on how things turn out."

« Reply #189 on: May 23, 2011, 03:07:34 AM »
>Pause to swallow.
>"Well, I hope so, anyway. All depends on how things turn out."

>You pause and swallow. No sense choking on your breakfast; you're not in that much of a rush.
>Ichirin nods. "I understand."

« Reply #190 on: May 23, 2011, 03:33:50 AM »
>Have a swallow of juice before attacking the remnants of omlettey goodness.
>"If all goes well, I hope to be back sometime... probably sometime tonight. Unless of course I run into another fairy spoiling for a fight along the way."

« Reply #191 on: May 23, 2011, 03:55:56 AM »
>Have a swallow of juice before attacking the remnants of omlettey goodness.
>"If all goes well, I hope to be back sometime... probably sometime tonight. Unless of course I run into another fairy spoiling for a fight along the way."

>You have a swallow of juice, and begin work on the last of the omelet.
>Ichirin looks at you curiously. "Another?"

« Reply #192 on: May 23, 2011, 04:00:21 AM »
>"I had a bit of a run-in with a fairy, called herself Cirno, on the bridge leading to town. Fanices herself a bit of a swordsman, and I think she was challenging anyone that came across her path, including me. But I talked her out of it, and she went on her way."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #193 on: May 23, 2011, 04:02:19 AM »
>"She wasn't a bad sort, all told."

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #194 on: May 23, 2011, 04:10:27 AM »
>"If anything, She's just a bit headstrong. Though I got her to check out the Guild, She might make a fine seeker one day."

« Reply #195 on: May 23, 2011, 04:27:16 AM »
>"I had a bit of a run-in with a fairy, called herself Cirno, on the bridge leading to town. Fanices herself a bit of a swordsman, and I think she was challenging anyone that came across her path, including me. But I talked her out of it, and she went on her way."
>"She wasn't a bad sort, all told."

>"A swordsman?" Ichirin says, frowning a little. "With an actual sword? That's, well... I suppose it's not unusual for fairies to get all sorts of ideas into their heads, but I hadn't heard tell of such a thing around here; I wonder if the idea only just occurred to her? I... hope she doesn't hurt herself with it."

>"If anything, She's just a bit headstrong. Though I got her to check out the Guild, She might make a fine seeker one day."

>"Really?" Ichirin pauses, looking at you a little dubiously. "She must be quite an exceptional fairy indeed to earn that much respect from you."

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #196 on: May 23, 2011, 04:45:09 AM »
>"Eh, I dont know. There's just something about the kid I like."
>Do we want some seconds?
>gee, i sure wonder what ganoncirno is up to now that we think about it.

« Reply #197 on: May 23, 2011, 04:47:46 AM »
>"Well, I'm hardly an expert, but she seemed competant enough with that thing. I'd be more worried about her getting in over her head, picking a fight with someone who's... more aggressive than me."
>"As for her becoming a Seeker, well, stranger things have happened. Just about anything's possible in this world of ours."
>"Come to think of it, though, that's a bit of an odd name for a fairy, isn't it? Just plain Cirno? Have you ever heard of a fairy with just one name?"

« Reply #198 on: May 23, 2011, 04:58:07 AM »
>"Eh, I dont know. There's just something about the kid I like."
>Do we want some seconds?
>gee, i sure wonder what ganoncirno is up to now that we think about it.

>Ichirin's frown gives way to a smile. "I'm glad to hear it."
>You think this will be plenty for now.
>That's a good question. Sleeping, maybe? For all you know, she may have forgotten all about the Seekers by now, but you never know; she did seem more driven than most.

>"Well, I'm hardly an expert, but she seemed competant enough with that thing. I'd be more worried about her getting in over her head, picking a fight with someone who's... more aggressive than me."
>"As for her becoming a Seeker, well, stranger things have happened. Just about anything's possible in this world of ours."
>"Come to think of it, though, that's a bit of an odd name for a fairy, isn't it? Just plain Cirno? Have you ever heard of a fairy with just one name?"

>Ichirin nods. "Well, it wouldn't be the first time a fairy got in over her head. I suppose there's only so much one can do. when they put their mind to something."
>"That's very idealistic of you," she says. Is that a trace of pride in that smile she's giving you?
>Ichirin pauses and considers. "I... may have. I'm not certain - it's a bit unusual, certainly."

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #199 on: May 23, 2011, 05:32:21 AM »
>"So, How's the place been going without me? Betcha just couldn't stand having this adorable sack of a mouse I am around, eh?"

« Reply #200 on: May 23, 2011, 10:29:05 PM »
>"So, How's the place been going without me? Betcha just couldn't stand having this adorable sack of a mouse I am around, eh?"

>Belay this. Let's say something less corny and out of character than this.

>Ichirin's frown gives way to a smile. "I'm glad to hear it."
>You think this will be plenty for now.
>That's a good question. Sleeping, maybe? For all you know, she may have forgotten all about the Seekers by now, but you never know; she did seem more driven than most.

>Ichirin nods. "Well, it wouldn't be the first time a fairy got in over her head. I suppose there's only so much one can do. when they put their mind to something."
>"That's very idealistic of you," she says. Is that a trace of pride in that smile she's giving you?
>Ichirin pauses and considers. "I... may have. I'm not certain - it's a bit unusual, certainly."

>That is pride, isn't it. Feels kinda weird. Good weird, though...
>"Well, uh... I mean, if a mouse can go from just a mouse to a professional treasure hunter, why not a fairy as well? I mean, if she, uh..." In a lower voice, "... has the same kind of help along the way that I did."

« Reply #201 on: May 23, 2011, 11:02:21 PM »
>That is pride, isn't it. Feels kinda weird. Good weird, though...
>"Well, uh... I mean, if a mouse can go from just a mouse to a professional treasure hunter, why not a fairy as well? I mean, if she, uh..." In a lower voice, "... has the same kind of help along the way that I did."

>Ichirin looks a bit surprised for a moment, but smiles. "That's very sweet of you, Nazrin, but you were sharp-minded before we ever met." She pauses. "Still, it's good for one to follow their dreams. Far be it for me to think that she couldn't do it, just because she's a fairy."

« Reply #202 on: May 23, 2011, 11:16:26 PM »
>"It was here that I got feet under me, started to figure how to get by in this world. And then I ended up with Mari as a mentor, and she had a way of teaching me things, without actually teaching me."
>Oh, this is getting sappy...
>"Aaaaa. Listen to me prattle on, I've got work to do!"
>Stand quickly.

« Reply #203 on: May 23, 2011, 11:33:07 PM »
>"It was here that I got feet under me, started to figure how to get by in this world. And then I ended up with Mari as a mentor, and she had a way of teaching me things, without actually teaching me."
>Oh, this is getting sappy...
>"Aaaaa. Listen to me prattle on, I've got work to do!"
>Stand quickly.

>You reminisce a little about how you came to where you are now. Ichirin listens with an attentive and somewhat inscrutable smile on her face. Then you start to realize how you must sound and catch yourself before you say anything further, getting up perhaps a little too hastily.
>Ichirin just nods. "Of course."

« Reply #204 on: May 24, 2011, 12:34:18 AM »
>And there are people that talk like that on a daily basis. HOURLY basis, even. How do they do that?! Without blushing or getting flustered, especially, how do they do that? Okay, there's parts that aren't that bad, but...
>Make a beeline for the front door.

« Reply #205 on: May 24, 2011, 12:57:31 AM »
>And there are people that talk like that on a daily basis. HOURLY basis, even. How do they do that?! Without blushing or getting flustered, especially, how do they do that? Okay, there's parts that aren't that bad, but...
>Make a beeline for the front door.

>While pondering sentimentality and how people manage to be comfortable expressing it, you make a somewhat flustered beeline for the front door.
>"Have a pleasant trip!" Ichirin calls out after you, still keeping her voice respectfully quiet for the hour. "And good hunting to you!"
>Stepping outside the house, you find the morning is still as dim and misty as it was when you awoke. A damn chill hangs in the air, not yet burned away by the heat of day. A small cart stands several feet from the door, its horse tethered to a post. It looks up neutrally at you as you emerge.

« Reply #206 on: May 24, 2011, 01:01:37 AM »
> Give the horse a neutral look back.

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #207 on: May 24, 2011, 01:01:50 AM »
so are we shipping nazrisa or what

>We don't have any warmer clothing or cloak, do we? Damnit.
>"Good morning."
>Hitch up and get ready to go. Time's a-wastin'.
There was something here once. Wonder what...

« Reply #208 on: May 24, 2011, 01:13:55 AM »
Apparantly, though it's probably one sided: Marisa's been described as a bit of a player, here, and her interest in Naz seems to be mostly as a mentor. Though, that was a thoughtful (and expensive) gift...

« Reply #209 on: May 24, 2011, 01:22:09 AM »

Nazrissa. Has that ever been done anywhere?
Honestly, though, it's still pretty early in the quest. I for one would like to keep our options open for a while yet.
And while Nazrissa has a nice ring to it, I think Sect is right. I think whatever Naz might think about Marissa, Marissa sees Naz as, at best, a little sister, nothing more.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 01:24:00 AM by Sourfang »