Author Topic: Terraria  (Read 29536 times)

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
Re: Terraria
« Reply #90 on: June 01, 2011, 02:34:20 AM »
Floating Islands on large maps are at about 900+ ft, right? Feel like I've been making this sky bridge forever...
Something like that.

One way to find them is to get Meteorite Shot in a gun and use the fact that it bounces.

Jes_Isaive

« Reply #91 on: June 01, 2011, 06:45:06 AM »
So after I made a much needed upgrade to the Molten bow (30 damage what), Skeletron decided to let me in. Muramasa is beautiful.
Also, I've noticed the ruined buildings in hell. Does this mean we're Walking the Streets of a Former Hell?

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #92 on: June 01, 2011, 05:38:50 PM »
Actually no I think thats for people who dont have picks and just come down to hellworld for the ash or something.

Well, now that I think about it, I guess its just easy access through the building since the only thing out of place in most of them is the wooden platforms. Also, Get a lot of obsidian. You will need it for all dat hellstone. Try to get a Hammer too, as then you could get the HellFurnace which is the best furnace in the game.

« Reply #93 on: June 02, 2011, 05:51:31 AM »
Another tip for floating islands: a friend of mine claims to have had a 100% success rate at finding them by towering up where there's clay on the surface, I can't confirm the success rate, but the one time I tried it I found one too.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #94 on: June 02, 2011, 09:24:43 AM »
Okay, so I start up multiplayer with a friend of mine, and things are going great, I even get a near-complete npc list going thanks to him.
Missing the dryad though.

We go along, mindin' our own business, making diggy 'oles like we always do, and guess who shows up to wreck our fun?
EYE OF CTHULHU.

Not once, not twice, not thrice, but FOUR FREAKIN' TIMES.
Every. single. time. it. was. when. we. were. underground!

Damn!
And the worst part of it all?
The bastard runs away after about 500+ damage!
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #95 on: June 02, 2011, 01:02:35 PM »
Another tip for floating islands: a friend of mine claims to have had a 100% success rate at finding them by towering up where there's clay on the surface, I can't confirm the success rate, but the one time I tried it I found one too.
If you ever find Gold or Silver on the surface, this is supposed to happen as well.

But it's rare and even then you'll probably only see it happen on small or medium maps, to my understanding.

Helix ⑨

• No Pain, No Gain
  • No Guts, No Glory
    • my youtube, 95% touhou vids, mainly extras and last words.
« Reply #96 on: June 02, 2011, 04:04:49 PM »
I think my floating island derped.

[attach=1]

By the way, I have 3 islands on this map. 2 of them do indeed have clay in the soil underneath, the third is above corruption and therefore cannot be analysed

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #97 on: June 02, 2011, 08:54:41 PM »
So I'm doing an insane terraforming project while waiting for Eye of Cthulhu to show up, and I need dirt. Do you have a few 250 blocks of dirt laying around you don't need? Tell me how to find you, and I will take it off your hands!

I'd level some mountains, but the huge walls in the background are ugly and a pain to hammer away =[

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #98 on: June 02, 2011, 09:01:08 PM »
Purvis, Do what any sane man would do.
Max out your inventory with Dynamite. Completely level a mountain, And go onto the next, and another, And still have some spares.

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #99 on: June 02, 2011, 09:32:05 PM »
Wait, dynamite destroys background blocks, too?

And sorry, Purv, but I've been using dirt for making land bridges myself because GRASS/MUSHROOMS/TREES. Though I'd be fine with playing with you one way or another, if you want. :P

If anyone needs stone, though, I've dug up way more than I ever expect to use.
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #100 on: June 02, 2011, 09:37:03 PM »
I've seen a bomb blow up an inside of a house before, So I'm pretty sure it destroys walls too. The good part? The dirt walls dont "drop", They just disappear.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #101 on: June 02, 2011, 09:44:28 PM »
I can attest to that, as Dynamite is my preferred method of reaching Shadow Orbs.
And It does indeed blast away background.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #102 on: June 02, 2011, 09:46:16 PM »
Well damn. I may have to consider digging in to my platinum coin.

« Reply #103 on: June 03, 2011, 04:35:26 PM »
I love farming, especially when you can hear the results

ArteShy

• Sure you're straight dash....
  • ...I totally believe you
« Reply #104 on: June 04, 2011, 09:18:49 AM »
I just found this in a chest deep underground :

Silver Broadsword
Silver Helmet
Silver Chainmail
Silver Greaves
Ivy Whip
Cloud in a bottle
Hermes Boots
Band of Regeneration
Magic Missile
Silver Pickaxe
Silver Broadsword
Silver Axe

I didn't know you could get armor from chests.

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #105 on: June 04, 2011, 10:53:22 AM »
Finally got a decent weapon out of the underground jungle. A chakrum that deals more damage than my Light's Bane and is actually worth a damn.

Eraiya

« Reply #106 on: June 04, 2011, 11:09:16 AM »
Thanks to you guys, I've decided to buy the game as soon as I have the money, which should be anywhere from five minutes ago to three days from now! After I buy it, I should be able to give anyone any item in any amount they please. Does anyone have any requests?

GuardianTempest

• Adorably Awkward Android
« Reply #107 on: June 04, 2011, 11:43:56 AM »
Damn guys you had me on a TV-Tropes-esque Youtube spree sprawling Infiniminer, 2D Minecrafts, some metal slug-like mmo and some other stuff.

Interested if I can play it on my desktop AND pay for it.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #108 on: June 06, 2011, 12:03:31 AM »
Well, the other day was pretty fun.
Me and a friend roll up a fresh world for multiplayer, and we wind up breaking 3 shadow orbs by pure accident.
Thankfully, orb 2 had the Ball O' Hurt, which is now one of my main weapons.
Cue Eater of Worlds showing up fora quick bite.
Cue it getting this. Right in the face. REPEATEDLY.

And the crazy thing? We won that round, but being the derps we are, we went for three more orbs.
And of course, nothing to show for it but new armor for me.
And surprisingly enough, I had enough materials to make the last part of the shadow set.
And after the eye decided to drop in unannounced, we got more demonite. Which I promptly forged into a pick and the axe.
My friend made the pick and sword, but I have better damage output due to the armor's effect, and the axe's inherent ability to not need to press the mouse repeatedly.
Only downside? Once I start swinging, I'm locked into facing one direction until I stop again.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Mishaguji

« Reply #109 on: June 07, 2011, 03:39:01 AM »
Got myself a sunfury flail from one of the bone serpents in hell! Figured out it works best swinging it around like a retard at enemies. Also found the underground jungle on my large map and got the items to make an ivy whip.  :)

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #110 on: June 07, 2011, 05:04:40 AM »
I really need to try and find the jungle in my dicking around offline world.

Also apparently Purvis wants stone: I have like 1500, will that be enough?

Eraiya

« Reply #111 on: June 07, 2011, 03:28:11 PM »
COMPLETE EDIT: Anyone know of any good/fun servers to play on, like an MotK one? This'll be my first time playing! Also, if anyone needs any help, I'd be glad to be of service.  :3
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 03:45:41 PM by Eraiya »

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #112 on: June 08, 2011, 12:15:47 AM »
Correction - I HAD 3000, and Purvis actually wants grey blocks.

An MotK server would be really nice, but finding someone capable of hosting it could be difficult; I know my laptop doesn't have the power. It died after having Terraria running for a few hours in this heat :[

« Reply #113 on: June 08, 2011, 12:27:32 AM »
Anyone know of any good/fun servers to play on, like an MotK one?

You could play with me and a couple friends on a server that I run with hamachi if you're interested, it's not quite dedicated but it will be running a lot.  The only problem I see at this point is time difference.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #114 on: June 08, 2011, 12:28:59 AM »
So what time zone ARE you in, and what hours do you usually have it active?

« Reply #115 on: June 08, 2011, 12:46:23 AM »
I'm in the central time zone in the US, therefore if you live in the US it doesn't really matter what your timezone is, but I was thinking about trying to leave it running through weekends, most of the time I can try to have it running from about 11 AM to 9 or 10PM(or even 11 in some cases), my time, and that does mean 5 or 6 days of the week.

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #116 on: June 08, 2011, 01:04:30 AM »
And how laggy is said server? I may try to join up on it as a regular if its not too laggy.

« Reply #117 on: June 08, 2011, 01:13:03 AM »
That's the other thing, I don't know for sure how laggy it is, but it is my parents internet which means it is most likely used by them quite a bit, both of the other people who play haven't really complained about it so it's more of a see and decide for yourself thing.

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #118 on: June 08, 2011, 01:19:27 AM »
I'll keep the server in mind. Also I hope you dont mind me flaunting at how much stuff I have and how the random item drop loves me :V

Mishaguji

« Reply #119 on: June 08, 2011, 03:48:55 AM »
I also have a large map I host if anyone is interested. Finally found what the new secret item is too. Killed some rare spawn below the jungle that popped for a friend and myself named Tim, he dropped a wizard's hat with 15% increased magic damage!