Author Topic: Terraria  (Read 29533 times)

Eraiya

Re: Terraria
« Reply #120 on: June 08, 2011, 01:08:04 PM »
I also have a large map I host if anyone is interested.

I certainly am! Details, please?

Mishaguji

« Reply #121 on: June 09, 2011, 12:19:31 AM »
I'm on the east coast but BWTERRARIA on hamachi, pass is 123. I'll give the ip/pass for the server on there! Can make a new map also if you are down.

Eraiya

« Reply #122 on: June 09, 2011, 03:26:34 AM »
Ah, sorry, Hamachi only works once for me after I uninstall it, then reinstall it. The first time I launch it, it'll work just fine. After that, it won't be able to connect to some master server list or something. Reinstalling isn't enough to get it to work again- have to completely uninstall, then reinstall every time I use it. Too much of a hassle. Sorry!

In brighter news, I did find a server I had a lot of fun on. If you don't mind occasional MLP references, send me a message sometime for the server details!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 04:28:09 AM by Eraiya »

Marokuu

• Maru~ Maru~
  • Lurk~ Lurk~
« Reply #123 on: June 15, 2011, 09:20:20 PM »
Ah I've been having so much fun with this game, lately I managed to farm up the full jungle armor and a ninja suit to cover it up with (it looks unbelievably derp)

I'm currently playing with some mates of mine but one of them is the type of person that might be willing to host a server, I'll see what I can arrange :3
My first attempt at storywriting, looking for critique

Avatar schizophrenia? I don't know what you're talking about.

noodles

• No
  • Don't
    • tumblr
« Reply #124 on: June 19, 2011, 09:06:21 AM »
baaah this game eats my time

co-op is fun though

Eraiya

« Reply #125 on: June 19, 2011, 10:38:02 AM »
baaah this game eats my time

co-op is fun though

Co-op just between you and a friend, or co-op between you, a friend/some friends and the rest of a fun, multiplayer server you know of?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #126 on: June 19, 2011, 11:47:56 PM »
So, the huge terrible project is starting to come to a conclusion. I'm down to the last part of the mountain, and the framework for the installation itself is almost in place.

I just need...about 10000 or so dirt. And about an equal amount of gray stone bricks... I haven't really started to put the walls in yet =I

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #127 on: June 20, 2011, 01:02:52 AM »
Purvis.
You are going to need hundreds of thousands of walls, I hope you know that. Plus a lot of extra blocks to place so you can put walls in certain spots.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #128 on: June 20, 2011, 02:28:34 AM »
I've been working on this for two weeks now. Trust me, I have exactly how much of an idea of how little of an idea I have about what I am going to need to finish this mammajamma.

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #129 on: June 20, 2011, 04:28:54 AM »
That's a damn lot of dirt.

Also you better get a video of this monstrosity up on the u-tubes once it is completed.
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #130 on: June 20, 2011, 05:25:10 AM »
Silly mus, thinking I can Youtube up anything.

I'll just distribute the map.

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #131 on: June 20, 2011, 05:34:00 AM »
What map? I thought you were going to tear that shit up. If there's anything left to distribute afterwards, you must'va done a baaaad job.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #132 on: June 20, 2011, 02:45:07 PM »
Such is the difference between us. A mook just strip mines. An artist takes here and there, and makes trades for materials, and the world still looks lovely afterwards.

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #133 on: June 20, 2011, 06:10:19 PM »
... Touche.

anyways I just got the anklet of wind which means I have every accessory in the game. I'm now working on moving the dungeon in my small world all the way over into the mountain I have close to my house, so I can farm lots of money and such. And because it'd look fucking amazing

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #134 on: June 20, 2011, 11:42:46 PM »
That makes me wonder, do dungeon spawns depend on having lots of dungeon blocks and walls around at a certain depth or below, or on the initial location of the dungeon itself?

And of course Purvis could always make a separate world and stripmine that but apparently that would be cheating :V
There was something here once. Wonder what...

ES-Anthy

• *Roll*
  • *fwump*
« Reply #135 on: June 21, 2011, 10:09:01 AM »
From a vid that I saw with Blue (one of the people who work on Terraria) I learned that a room made out of Dungeon blocks and wall, without lighting can spawn monsters, if the room is fully lit then it won't spawn monsters.

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #136 on: June 21, 2011, 10:59:15 AM »
Actually that applies to pretty much every room. If it isnt really lit or has a wall, It'd spawn monsters offscreen. However if the dugeon house is below 0 feet then it will spawn dungeon monsters, which isnt pretty. I could be wrong though.

also dungeon house is a bitch to do as I need a lot of blue brick walls

Eraiya

« Reply #137 on: June 25, 2011, 03:43:04 PM »
IMPORTANT: This no longer applies to tMod, as the person described below has quit the tMod developer team, but not before throwing a temper tantrum and erasing their official message board's database! tMod is, once again, completely trustworthy. Meanwhile, the developer in question, Doridian, has moved on to tShock. Looks like tShock is the new thing to avoid!

For those people out there using tShock: Don't. One of its head developers is the same Doridian who made server software for Minecraft just to put a backdoor in it and abuse administrator privileges on servers that weren't his. A known griefer in Minecraft as well as a known griefer in GMod, I think this guy shouldn't be trusted with the software your server runs on, or the client wrapper you choose to use.

3 Doridian removing the links to those same Reddit articles explaining who he is. Gee, what an odd thing to do for someone who isn't trying to cover up that they're Doridian!
4 The links put back in place and the post edited a bit.
5 Why not tell Doridian "Hello!" over Twitter or Gmail?

He's proved time and time again in the past that he can't be trusted at all, and that he'd just as soon log onto a server as he would grief it. Don't let the security of your Terraria server or your computer be compromised. If you have a friend who runs a tShock server, let them know about this as soon as possible. If you're in need of an alternative, there's tMod and other software available out there.

In addition to the above, as of June 25 or the 26th, he's no longer a part of the tMod developer team. Before quitting, he decided to throw a temper tantrum and delete the entire board's database, possibly in response to being outed as Doridian on the board, further proving that he is NOT TO BE TRUSTED, nor is the software he has a hand in developing!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 09:23:47 PM by Eraiya »

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #138 on: June 25, 2011, 03:53:04 PM »
So I guess that this dude is some sort of hacker on all these games then? Why not just report him to notch, redigit, and whoever owns GMod? Problem solved, at least for a while.
Also, What the hecks tMod? Dont forget to make a post on the Terraria Server forums saying to not use it either.

Eraiya

« Reply #139 on: June 25, 2011, 04:10:20 PM »
Notch doesn't seem to have any control over globally banning people, I'm not sure telling redigit about this would let him know anything he doesn't already know, and at this point, I'm hoping VAC has already had him banned from GMod.

Right now, it's currently the most popular server software for Terraria, similar to how MCAdmin was almost as popular as hey0's mod (Which is now more or less Bukkit today) during Minecraft Alpha. What made it incredibly less popular was his, as one person put it, "calculated abuse of trust [of the people using his software]." As for the Terraria forums, don't worry, I did.

EDIT: tMod is now trustworthy again. tShock isn't. See the post two posts above this one for more details.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 09:23:29 PM by Eraiya »

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #142 on: June 27, 2011, 09:05:12 AM »
Okay, 1.0.5 content cleared, where's 1.0.6? :V

« Reply #143 on: June 27, 2011, 11:58:20 AM »
Now do it in hardcore  :V

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #144 on: July 04, 2011, 10:06:09 AM »
Bringing this back from the second page to say I just got a set of each item that can be found on floating islands. As in, Starfury, lucky horseshoe, etc etc. I also now have a full inventory from just finding these floating islands. Also.

DOUBLE FLOATING ISLAND AWWWW SHIT

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #145 on: July 08, 2011, 09:45:23 AM »
So.

Firstly: I NO LONGER NEED DIRT. THE MOUNTAIN IS DONE. FUCK YEAR. Now for the project itself.

Secondly: My homie Reako has genned the coolest fucking world. It as a natural path that goes to the magma zone. Through the eastern ocean. Meaning it is flooded out, for like 5000 feet. We put on our flippers and breathing reeds, and followed that bad boy while playing the Maridia theme.

Then, with just one tunnel was only a screen long, we got down to hell. Almost all natural caverns from the surface.

Eraiya

« Reply #146 on: July 09, 2011, 07:09:07 PM »
This game is now $2.49.

Remember how you've always been like, "Oh, I can't buy that game even though friends keep telling me to- I can't afford it!" Well, that's hardly an excuse anymore! It's now down from $9.99 to $2.49 for a limited time! "But you don't understand, I'm poor! I can't affor-" NOPE. That's a lie and you know it. It's ten measly quarters. Assuming you don't have that much sofa change, ask a family member or a friend, I'm sure they'd be fine with lending you TEN QUARTERS, or, even more likely, they'd buy it for you and say, "Don't bother repaying me, just keep it, it's only two and a half dollars."

Get it today. You no longer have an excuse not to. Even if you/every single one of your family members/every single one of your friends don't have a single working debit/credit card, one of you has PayPal.

« Reply #147 on: July 09, 2011, 07:23:52 PM »
And even the four pack is still cheaper than the actual game :3

Eraiya

« Reply #148 on: July 09, 2011, 07:27:29 PM »
And even the four pack is still cheaper than the actual game :3

EXACTLY.

I really, really, really want to purchase the four pack right now, but...

http://i.imgur.com/psgsk.png ;-;

I've sent in a ticket to Steam about this, but with only about twenty hours left and a probable reply of, "There's no way for you to buy the four pack since you already own the game. You can buy three individually for the same price, but you'll still lose out on one, deal with it," my hopes are low.

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #149 on: July 09, 2011, 11:23:23 PM »
I still can't afford it. :V