Author Topic: Touhou soccer games english patch?  (Read 144868 times)

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
Re: Touhou soccer games english patch?
« Reply #120 on: March 03, 2010, 04:20:06 AM »
We're in the home stretch, folks. I finally finished what was left of the story mode, so all we have to do now is proofread and (most importantly) make sure it fits into the game.

In other news, I am more than willing to buy physical copies of this game for those who want it. :V

« Reply #121 on: March 03, 2010, 04:49:20 PM »
Great to hear. I was wondering what the status of the project was lately. Thanks to everyone involved for all of the hard work so far.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #122 on: March 05, 2010, 10:05:30 AM »
Ah, cool!

I've been holding off as I want to be able to play the whole thing in one go (Well, not in one sitting, but you know what I mean), as it's such a big game that playing it again after the translation is done would be a beast.

Etc. etc.

Thank you all 8D

« Reply #123 on: March 07, 2010, 04:46:50 PM »
While the scripts are pretty much done and in the process of proofreading, I'll still like a few things done before releasing a patch:

-2 images that were overlooked before that requires editing, for the name entry screen for Travel Mode.
-3~5 shot videos that require editing or subtitling; I'll probably muck about with this myself eventually if no one else does.

Canon, if you're around, do you mind doing #1? Still looking for people to do #2 as well before I try my hand at it myself.

« Reply #124 on: March 07, 2010, 08:58:47 PM »
While the scripts are pretty much done and in the process of proofreading, I'll still like a few things done before releasing a patch:

-2 images that were overlooked before that requires editing, for the name entry screen for Travel Mode.
-3~5 shot videos that require editing or subtitling; I'll probably muck about with this myself eventually if no one else does.

Canon, if you're around, do you mind doing #1? Still looking for people to do #2 as well before I try my hand at it myself.

For #2 you mean stuff like Concerto Grosso and Twilight Flight Dance, right?

</just another guy looking forward to this patch's completion>

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #125 on: March 12, 2010, 04:44:11 AM »
After a significant amount of effort, I finally have this game. Looking forward to the translation patch (which I thought was complete which is why I have the game now) :'(
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Kerigis

• *Gnaws Donut*
  • Bow down before the true administrator!
« Reply #126 on: March 13, 2010, 06:55:56 AM »
I'm also eager to play this game translated.

Keep it up, people!

EDIT: Although... I'm having some kind of trouble here... for some reason, nor the ball and nor the highlight selection bar on the menu are appearing. Updates, compatibility, japanese non-unicode, nothing's happening.
(Although maybe it's not really the ideal place to ask for help, I know, but.... help? :V)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 08:36:54 AM by Kerigis »

Powerup punchin'!

« Reply #127 on: March 17, 2010, 01:24:36 PM »
Touhou Soccer Moushuuden Translation Patch v1.0

http://www.mediafire.com/?1ncmnjidytm

Please check the readme for installation instructions, and the manual for possible technical problems. If there are problems, questions, bugs, overflows et al,  feel free to post them.

Time for a much-needed break then...

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
« Reply #128 on: March 17, 2010, 01:50:04 PM »
Yes!

Wonderful work guys, you deserve a break. Thank you very much *bows*

« Reply #129 on: March 18, 2010, 03:46:33 PM »
Excellent. Thanks for all the hard work :D

hevimosher

« Reply #130 on: March 18, 2010, 05:09:52 PM »
hello there.first i wanna say thanks for translating this game.i have little problem though.i cant see any dialogue when playing.menus i can see fine but everything else is blank.ive tried using aplocale and change local to japan but they are not helping

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #131 on: March 18, 2010, 06:43:59 PM »
Yay, thanks for your work guys!

nintendonut888

« Reply #132 on: March 18, 2010, 07:56:18 PM »
Courage Wolf's advice is never wrong.

Today's horoscope? Fuck yeah.

Thanks for the hard work. :D
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Dular

• This avatar below me is considered ancient.
  • This avatar above me is considered ancient
« Reply #133 on: March 19, 2010, 04:39:31 AM »
Good job on finishing the translation guys, now if I can only get my game to work, I'd be all set!

« Reply #134 on: March 19, 2010, 06:16:45 AM »
Wanted to say thanks to you guys for doing this, this game is even more fun when I'm not guessing what I'm doing.  Great job, it's really appreciated.

Since you're still taking suggestions for improvement, though, I have noticed one minor error.  While playing through Aya's scenario, at halftime of the match there was a typo in one of Yukari's lines, the last word should be Clan but an S managed to sneak in there:  http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/bvh18/THS.png  That's the only one I noticed, but if I see any more I'll let you know.

« Reply #135 on: March 19, 2010, 10:40:36 AM »
EDIT: Although... I'm having some kind of trouble here... for some reason, nor the ball and nor the highlight selection bar on the menu are appearing. Updates, compatibility, japanese non-unicode, nothing's happening.
(Although maybe it's not really the ideal place to ask for help, I know, but.... help? :V)

Not having the highlight selection bar would seem to imply a faulty install which didn't fully install all the movies/scripts/etc. Perhaps try deleting everything and reinstalling/updating from scratch?

hello there.first i wanna say thanks for translating this game.i have little problem though.i cant see any dialogue when playing.menus i can see fine but everything else is blank.ive tried using aplocale and change local to japan but they are not helping

Do you have the MSGothic font? I -think- the game uses that for dialogue.

Since you're still taking suggestions for improvement, though, I have noticed one minor error.  While playing through Aya's scenario, at halftime of the match there was a typo in one of Yukari's lines, the last word should be Clan but an S managed to sneak in there:  http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/bvh18/THS.png  That's the only one I noticed, but if I see any more I'll let you know.

Thanks, typos like this and other bugs/overflows are what I'm looking for in case enough of them build up such that a new version release is necessary.

hevimosher

« Reply #136 on: March 19, 2010, 01:08:49 PM »
Do you have the MSGothic font? I -think- the game uses that for dialogue.

yes i have that font.ive downloaded few other touhou soccer.one of them didn't work at all.other did work but i couldn't patch it.now this third worked but only menus show.no dialogue so im kinda confused now what should i do

Herasy

« Reply #137 on: March 19, 2010, 02:52:39 PM »
Ah, thanks for the english patch.

I was playing through the main scenario and noticed a few game breaking bugs.

• During the opening scenario, when the coach appears, the game will slightly loop the music until it continues with the dialog or just outright crash.
  • Sometimes during the match with Alice, the game crashes for no reason. This also happens sometimes when you win the match too.

All I have for now since I can't seem to get past the match with Alice, since the game keeps crashing and all. Will update if I find anymore bugs.

nintendonut888

« Reply #138 on: March 19, 2010, 05:55:44 PM »
What Herasy said. I'm a little upset that the game crashed after beating Alice.

« Reply #139 on: March 19, 2010, 06:35:31 PM »
    2 general things for people reporting bugs:

1. Make sure your game is patched up to 2-18-0 (Check Version.txt to confirm); freezes and crashes happen fairly often in earlier versions
    2. Make sure you're running in either Japanese regional settings, or Japanese AppLocale; I think the game crashes very quickly otherwise and will not display fonts correctly (or in most cases, at all).

yes i have that font.ive downloaded few other touhou soccer.one of them didn't work at all.other did work but i couldn't patch it.now this third worked but only menus show.no dialogue so im kinda confused now what should i do

If the above two checks out, check if you have the fonts MS PGothic and MS PMincho in addition to MS Gothic. Those are all the fonts the game uses.

• During the opening scenario, when the coach appears, the game will slightly loop the music until it continues with the dialog or just outright crash.

This one was a fairly well-known bug in the original game. The only fix is to turn off the BGM until the opening is over, then switch it back on.

• Sometimes during the match with Alice, the game crashes for no reason. This also happens sometimes when you win the match too.

What Herasy said. I'm a little upset that the game crashed after beating Alice.

I'll check this out tomorrow, assuming the above 2 conditions check out for both of you. If you could provide a bit more information though;

1. Does it consistently crash at the same place after or during the match? If so, roughly where?
2. Does removing the english patch for that match prevent any crashes?

nintendonut888

« Reply #140 on: March 19, 2010, 06:40:10 PM »
I don't know what my version is patched to. I guess I'll go looking for this 2.18 patch then...though if you have a link handy it could save some time for when I inevitably can't find it.

Also, it crashes while loading the post-match dialogue.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 06:42:22 PM by nintendonut888 »

« Reply #141 on: March 19, 2010, 10:21:23 PM »
I had that happen late last night myself, I'll try and see if I can duplicate it in a bit here.  After the match against Alice in the main scenario, it opened a text box for the post-match dialog but there was no character sprite showing who was talking and no text, and I couldn't make it move on from there.  I have my computer set to Japanese regional settings and am patched to 2-18-0. 

Edit:  Yeah, went through the match again and had the same result.  I go straight from the picture of the ref with the announcer saying I won to a blank text box: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/bvh18/THS2.png  There is no sound or anything, it doesn't respond to button presses, and apparently I noticed just now if you cover any part of the window then come back to it the window will respond and come back to the front but the screen is black.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 12:14:52 AM by Yakumo »

hevimosher

« Reply #142 on: March 19, 2010, 10:30:08 PM »
2 general things for people reporting bugs:

1. Make sure your game is patched up to 2-18-0 (Check Version.txt to confirm); freezes and crashes happen fairly often in earlier versions
2. Make sure you're running in either Japanese regional settings, or Japanese AppLocale; I think the game crashes very quickly otherwise and will not display fonts correctly (or in most cases, at all).

If the above two checks out, check if you have the fonts MS PGothic and MS PMincho in addition to MS Gothic. Those are all the fonts the game uses.

i have patched version.i have all those fonts and i have tried using jap regional and applocale.still no text on dialogue

Herasy

« Reply #143 on: March 20, 2010, 04:03:19 AM »
1. Does it consistently crash at the same place after or during the match? If so, roughly where?
2. Does removing the english patch for that match prevent any crashes?

My game version is 2.18 and I played as far as the end of the Hakurei section of the main story with no english patch and no crashes.

As for the Alice match, the game either crashes when I am winning and the last quarter of the match is about to end or I have won and it freezes right at the beginning of the winning dialogue sequence. Something I noticed when I won the match last time I could have sworn the commentator said that Alice's team won instead (I was winning 5-1).

« Reply #144 on: March 20, 2010, 04:45:55 AM »
Bug in the english patch specifically for the end of match 3 has been confirmed. Until I can figure out exactly what went wrong, use this save to skip match 3 and move to the start of match 4:

http://www.mediafire.com/?2zzmmkld5ym

The save will appear in slot 11 in Japanese, but loading it with english patch should work fine.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Edit: Okay, that was quicker than I thought it would be.

Touhou Soccer Moushuuden Translation Patch v1.01
http://www.mediafire.com/?myhugyitnzn
Fixes the bug with Main Scenario Match 3, and a few other typos.

I don't know what my version is patched to. I guess I'll go looking for this 2.18 patch then...though if you have a link handy it could save some time for when I inevitably can't find it.

Go to the Hachikuma patch download site (http://www.hachikuma.net/Download.html#g181c3f9), download "2-16-0(一括)/THS2_2-g-0b.exe" and "猛蹴伝のパッチ(2-18-0)/THS2_2-i-0a.exe" and install them respectively onto a fresh install of the game. If you get errors, make sure to remove English.pak and restore the old copy of System.ini before you run the patch installers.

i have patched version.i have all those fonts and i have tried using jap regional and applocale.still no text on dialogue

Does the dialogue display in Japanese if you remove the English patch? To be honest though, I have no idea what the problem is in your case if it isn't a font, regional settings or unpatched version problem. Sorry I can't be of much help.

My game version is 2.18 and I played as far as the end of the Hakurei section of the main story with no english patch and no crashes.

As for the Alice match, the game either crashes when I am winning and the last quarter of the match is about to end or I have won and it freezes right at the beginning of the winning dialogue sequence. Something I noticed when I won the match last time I could have sworn the commentator said that Alice's team won instead (I was winning 5-1).

I've not been able to replicate any crash while in the middle of a match, so if it keeps persisting, let me know with more details if at all possible.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 11:45:13 AM by Deranged »

hevimosher

« Reply #145 on: March 20, 2010, 12:16:48 PM »
Does the dialogue display in Japanese if you remove the English patch? To be honest though, I have no idea what the problem is in your case if it isn't a font, regional settings or unpatched version problem. Sorry I can't be of much help.

i cant even start game if i dont have english patch

Herasy

« Reply #146 on: March 20, 2010, 01:47:24 PM »
Thanks for the update, got past match 3 with no problems, I'll post back here if I see any other bugs.

AzureDemon

• Soliciting pirated download links is bad!
  • Until 7/4
« Reply #147 on: March 21, 2010, 06:35:21 PM »
Wow...I took a long vacation and I came back to this.
SO happy for this translation!

Now some deserved holidays for the workers...and then...to touhou soccer 2 translation! "cracks whip"

hs08

• Exhale Sign "Puffball Flare"
« Reply #148 on: March 21, 2010, 09:15:30 PM »
Now some deserved holidays for the workers...and then...to touhou soccer 2 translation! "cracks whip"

Uh, this patch IS for Touhou Soccer 2. Touhou Soccer Moushuuden is the sequel to Touhou Soccer, so it could be called Touhou Soccer 2.

AzureDemon

• Soliciting pirated download links is bad!
  • Until 7/4
« Reply #149 on: March 22, 2010, 01:05:55 PM »
Uh, this patch IS for Touhou Soccer 2. Touhou Soccer Moushuuden is the sequel to Touhou Soccer, so it could be called Touhou Soccer 2.

Yeah I was just rereading that...I blame my drunkenness for my previous fail post.

For some reason I cant get the game to run...