Author Topic: Mafia History Mafia - Game Over  (Read 74057 times)

Re: Mafia History Mafia - Day 7 - LYLO
« Reply #1140 on: May 28, 2011, 09:06:48 AM »
I was seriously hoping to bank on the everyother nightcop claim to pull me through without harm night five. Also, I was almost certain the LLD was UncertainKitten.

Zakeri's posts were hilariously fun to read in this game.

Writing this way seriously plays tricks with the way you think about things. It was too fun of an exercise to give up, and besides I knew going into this that I was signing up for the post restriction, even if it was a part of my role or not. It also helped that it was anti-town enough to keep me open as a lynch option, even though I'd done almost nothing that had enhanced scum survival.

If there's one thing I'm sorely disappointed about (Aside from not being here day 2, and letting the Sailor moon wagon slide), it's that I completely gave Mai a fullclear just for the assumption that Comedian was stating his "Free ride to the end of a perfect scum win" suspicions. I should realize by now that "This person is also scum, but whatever, VOTE: TOWN" doesn't necessarily mean they want to lynch that person. It didn't help that she had UK's meta on her side. I was 100% Certain she was UK when she responded to Gumshoe that she wasn't a guy.

Also, as a self-admited 4channer, surprisingly few of the reasons I wanted to punch PX this game were actually because of his play and the fact that I had to waste a cop investigation on him.

I was also wrong about who Shadoweh was, and who NeoSerela was(n't), And I don't remember if I made any more guesses than that, but I'm sure those were all wrong, too. There's a reason I never sumbit guesses in anonymafia (and it's the same reason why I never use meta in my arguments unless it's something stated by everyone else multiple times, usually as a joke).

Quote from: Capt. H
Although I guess it's pretty obvious that I'm the third party survivor. I just hide my flips really well.
Hey, that's a pretty good skill to have in mafia actually except when you're a vanilla townie.

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #1141 on: May 28, 2011, 09:10:21 AM »
Also make sure to read my lovely songs! (now that they are all wrong, it's even more ironic!)

Your Devil Went Down to Georgia parody was hilarious. And I thought yours and Conquerer's comments and reads were fascinating (and overall pretty solid).

"Chitose's Day 5 case on Crocker was ok-ish, the 2nd one on Mai's is seriously weaker"
Chitose = Affinity
 :colonveeplusalpha:

Yeah Zak, the Mai thing is pretty much something we're all  :colonveeplusalpha: about. And I loved reading you when I was spec'cing. It was amazing how understandable you were despite the infamous grammar.

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #1142 on: May 28, 2011, 09:12:38 AM »
Well damn. I looked like scum, just as planned. But then I mainly got attacked for it by town instead of scum. :V

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #1143 on: May 28, 2011, 09:23:17 AM »
I was also wrong about who Shadoweh was, and who NeoSerela was(n't)
<.< HOW?! Who did you think I was? :3 I tried soooo hard to be killed before you ;_; HOW MUCH OBVTOWN DOES IT TAKE TO GET KILLED IN THIS PLACE?!? The scum team enjoyed watching me run into walls too much. >.< Not only were you easy to understand you were also surprisingly patient with my attempts to destroy your only confirmed town read.
"Chitose's Day 5 case on Crocker was ok-ish, the 2nd one on Mai's is seriously weaker"
Yeah this didn't make sense to me when you said it and contributed to my yandere streak. It should have actually made me look at Mai. That and how she went OH HEY CAGE IS LYNCHABLE NOW TOWN READ GONE! >.< SO STUPID OF ME.

Omba as town you should try to look like town. :p Tru fax.

Edit: Also TEARS OF BLOOD! Conqy x Dan 4ever. Can we threesome hydra next game?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 09:29:00 AM by Shadoweh »

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #1144 on: May 28, 2011, 09:32:40 AM »
Omba as town you should try to look like town. :p Tru fax.
I just had to pull some sort of gambit as RP. Sadly I never got to the keikaku doori part. :V

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #1145 on: May 28, 2011, 09:34:21 AM »
Edit: Also TEARS OF BLOOD! Conqy x Dan 4ever. Can we threesome hydra next game?

Lrn2play on your own. Hydras were cool when I did it :V

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #1146 on: May 28, 2011, 10:27:55 AM »
welp it's time to break out of the lurking shell
don't think I can add anything else that hasn't already been said

Conqueror: Very nice guess there, I must admit. (General) Post structure, word choice and various other small details p much fit right in (ref: DF Mafier). In short: "sound deduction; incorrect answer"  :V
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #1147 on: May 28, 2011, 11:10:51 AM »
You played a really good Bardiche.

I know post-game assholism is a MotK favourite, but implying I'd go out of my way just to annoy the fuck out of people is being more of an asshole than you need to be.

« Reply #1148 on: May 28, 2011, 12:46:13 PM »
I guess now would be a bad time to bring up the parallels between this game, DtB, and GDiC where I, as an investigative role who would wish to target scum with his investigations, have spent many a time targeting bad townies.

Shadoweh: I thought you were old!Cage, since I thought Old!cage was doing a good job being pro-town. And also because Mai claimed she knew who old!cage was, and had a hard time reading her as anything but town, even if she was scum. A lot of my meta reads come directly from what other people say about people to be honest.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #1149 on: May 28, 2011, 01:35:14 PM »
The thing about third parties in a closed setup that makes them so dangerous is that

- They could be lying about literally anything
- You don't know what the hell their win condition is

These two facts combined means that the instant someone claims third party, every last thing they say needs to be taken with a grain of salt, especially anything they say about themselves. They will lie about what they do to further their win condition, no matter how reasonable or unreasonable it may sound to townies who don't know any better about the role. Serp's play on the final day of Touhou Remix is a perfect example of this, where he lied through his teeth about being a survivor in order to get the ITP SK win. This is why a claimed third party pretty much needs to be lynched before LYLO (and if they flip Jester you all lynch the mod postgame for being a shitty setup designer).
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Bardiche

« Reply #1150 on: May 28, 2011, 01:37:49 PM »
To you people who're surprised I was Whim: it should be obvious in hindsight because my choice of words remained the same, and as usual I avoided the popular wagons until the end.

I was sure Mai Tokiha was UncertainKitten. :V

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #1151 on: May 28, 2011, 01:50:47 PM »
I know post-game assholism is a MotK favourite, but implying I'd go out of my way just to annoy the fuck out of people is being more of an asshole than you need to be.

I didn't mean to offend. He hinted his confirm the way you hint your roles. And you suggested you would play newbtown in Anonymafia to try to get a free-pass forever. I've seen you try to play scummy to draw the cop to you, and frankly, I thought that it was part of Anonymous' strategy.

Part of it was the selection. You were at the top of the list of people I thought would play Anonymous.

I was certain Mai was PX, which means I clearly don't know PX well enough. She used the type of arguments PX uses.

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #1152 on: May 28, 2011, 01:51:47 PM »
@K4U: You're right, an SK isn't a vig. But they can be used at one until right before lylo. It's basically appealing to their only off chance of victory once they get caught. Play with the town vig direction, or get lynched. The town has to keep on the ball and make sure the SK never makes it to lylo, of course. You basically have to safety lynch the SK 1 day before lylo if their shots aren't going well.

Course, a lynch is fine too :3

Bardiche

« Reply #1153 on: May 28, 2011, 02:02:20 PM »
I didn't mean to offend.

Yet you did anyway. I'd never want to play as a scumbag, not even in a mafiagame.

Part of it was the selection. You were at the top of the list of people I thought would play Anonymous.

Which also means that Anonymous is the last character I'd want to play. I picked Whim because I was Whim before when Kilga ran a game.

For those who say I RPed: not at all. Whim doesn't stutter. I just pretended to be someone else, which is why I also started each new sentence on a new line. I didn't try very hard because I still used the same selection of words I normally would, and stuck to my pattern of never jumping on popular wagons at earlygame.

Killing the 3rd Party, same as in Zombie Mafia, is a Great Idea and you should run along with it always.

Lexicat

• Cat in a Rage
  • Who am I again?
« Reply #1154 on: May 28, 2011, 03:03:01 PM »
A few things I wanna clear up.

1) Comparison between Myself and UK

UK and I play almost identical games, regardless of alignment. We sound way too alike, so it's not surprising people mixed us up.

2) People Calling me DerpTown

I'm not this stupid normally. I just couldn't NOT use this and run with it when I had the chance. I'm certainly not stupid by any stretch of the imagination.

3) People calling me ObvScum

If I was so obvscum, you should have lynched me. You didn't, so clearly I wasn't as obvscum as say: Prinny, Sailor Moon, Kyon, Comedian, Chitose, Crocker, Monoe or Cage.

Right~?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #1155 on: May 28, 2011, 04:42:17 PM »
The first 3 were obvDerp. I got too behind to follow, but I figure people should have queestioned the clear they were giving you more.

Lexicat

• Cat in a Rage
  • Who am I again?
« Reply #1156 on: May 28, 2011, 04:56:20 PM »
The first 3 were obvDerp. I got too behind to follow, but I figure people should have queestioned the clear they were giving you more.

You aren't confirmed town unless:

1) Mod Confirms it

That's it. Done.

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #1157 on: May 28, 2011, 05:54:56 PM »
Gotta agree again with LLD here.  You weren't even close to ObvScum, and much much less scummy than Chitose and the Comedian.  You certainly exploited "new player on this forum" status.  If I had been Mafia in a BGoM, I certainly would have done the same, hell, I was already playing the scum part as town!

Don't lynch me.

Shadoweh

« Reply #1158 on: May 28, 2011, 09:16:08 PM »
UK and I play almost identical games, regardless of alignment. We sound way too alike, so it's not surprising people mixed us up.
Pfft, not even close. I didn't see any post analysis from you young lady! Also UK's 'You're attacking me THEREFORE YOU ARE SCUM' was pretty obvious. But that's okay since I was old!Cage >.>? I wouldn't say obvscum, but there were alot of clues that we just never bothered to look at. ;-;
If I had been Mafia in a BGoM, I certainly would have done the same, hell, I was already playing the scum part as town!
Hey remember that time when everyone voted for you and I hammered you because you were so obvscum? That~was~great. I was confirmed town this game too somehow! :D

And for everyone mentioning the claimed third party scenario, please remember that capt.h never actually claimed to be third party. Except in that last speech, which was like "Did he just claim third party or did he claim DIE MONOE!"

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #1159 on: May 28, 2011, 09:40:16 PM »
Pfft, not even close. I didn't see any post analysis from you young lady! Also UK's 'You're attacking me THEREFORE YOU ARE SCUM' was pretty obvious. But that's okay since I was old!Cage >.>? I wouldn't say obvscum, but there were alot of clues that we just never bothered to look at. ;-; Hey remember that time when everyone voted for you and I hammered you because you were so obvscum? That~was~great. I was confirmed town this game too somehow! :D

And for everyone mentioning the claimed third party scenario, please remember that capt.h never actually claimed to be third party. Except in that last speech, which was like "Did he just claim third party or did he claim DIE MONOE!"

I was testing the waters with Mai. I wanted to see whether she would be willing to believe third party or not, and decided that she wasn't when she responded.

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #1160 on: May 29, 2011, 12:21:37 AM »
@ActionDan:

A scumteam to us from the get-go was more of a package than a summation of individual scummitude.  Our actions were somewhat deliberately calculated to give Mai the town cred she needed to win the game for us, thus the early distancing and bus and stuff like that; if we had played differently and defended Mai hard during the game, then perhaps Mai would not be as Obvtown.  Playing scum is as much about covering connections as it is disguising yourself, after all.  Not to say that she did not do well individually as well, but her play had some oddities in it that could have been scrutinized. 

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #1161 on: May 29, 2011, 12:30:50 AM »
@ActionDan:

A scumteam to us from the get-go was more of a package than a summation of individual scummitude.  Our actions were somewhat deliberately calculated to give Mai the town cred she needed to win the game for us, thus the early distancing and bus and stuff like that; if we had played differently and defended Mai hard during the game, then perhaps Mai would not be as Obvtown.  Playing scum is as much about covering connections as it is disguising yourself, after all.  Not to say that she did not do well individually as well, but her play had some oddities in it that could have been scrutinized.

Like her sudden dramatic intelligence boost on the last day.

I think her biggest mistake was not immediately voting for me in Lylo, from my perspective. I was too busy trying to keep her from voting me to notice the fact that her not thoughtlessly voting me was scummy, and because I was way too sure Monoe was scum after I scrutinized his play. But derptown would have voted immediately, while scum Monoe would have hammered in an instant. I actually concidered the possibility that she was scum. Then I immediately discarded it as paranoia when looking back at my "Monoe is obvscum" case, which reinforced my certainty that Monoe was scum and Mai could derp the game for scum at any second.

Ah well, can't take back the past, can only learn from it. And I learned not to vote quickly in Lylo, no matter how certain you are.

« Reply #1162 on: May 29, 2011, 12:41:29 AM »
People not thoughtlessly voting in LYLO is normal, not scummy.

ActionDan

« Reply #1163 on: May 29, 2011, 12:43:36 AM »
I thought Mai "disguising" herself made much more of a difference than your distancing and bussing to me, which I looked at as a null tell, for two reasons. A) because me and Conq pegged you as scum immediately, and we were considering the bus attempt, which means it was plausible to us, and B) becuase Mai was never in any real danger at all, because of the wagon on Kyon.  However, it seemed to have fooled everyone else completely after comedian was caught.  What I relied on was her post style, which struck me as town intended and fast-paced while her logical reasoning in many didn't quite flow well.  I'll never do that again!  :V  Basically town (me and Conq included) judged her posts on a lower standard than everybody else's, and that's what led to town getting bamboozled.

I still think Mai in her own right was the largest factor for the scum win, and that she deserves great praise!  :V

hehe- cut

Don't lynch me.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #1164 on: May 29, 2011, 12:46:44 AM »
People not thoughtlessly voting in LYLO is normal, not scummy.

In my first game, town NeoSerela hammered himself in Lylo.

In my second game, PX froze the votes in Lylo.

This is my third game. I wish town not thoughtlessly voting in Lylo was my experience. And I thought Mai was PX, and I knew PX thoughtlessly voted in Lylo in his previous game.

So yeah, the Lylos I've seen have all been rather... derpy.

ActionDan

« Reply #1165 on: May 29, 2011, 12:56:18 AM »

Step 1 is to recognize the problem.

See, I like to troll a little more than the next guy, so that's my step 1.  Step 2 is to take measures to correct it.

HOLD THAT THOUGHT

I just recieved a message from England!

It reads, and I quote,
Step 1:  Problem?  :smug:

Don't lynch me.

« Reply #1166 on: May 29, 2011, 01:39:15 AM »
The thing is, just because everyone is doing something bad doesn't suddenly make it good.

Bardiche

« Reply #1167 on: May 29, 2011, 01:44:15 AM »
Everyone knows LYLO is a 60/40 crapshoot.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #1168 on: May 29, 2011, 01:49:15 AM »
The thing is, just because everyone is doing something bad doesn't suddenly make it good.

I'm saying that I didn't know any better at the time - I hadn't ever seen a game where the players played Lylo intelligently. NOW I know not to do that in Lylo.

Shadoweh

« Reply #1169 on: May 29, 2011, 02:19:11 AM »
LYLO really doesn't need quick voting, learn to read older games!

Also I just realized. Hey, remember in Day 1 when Roukanken said Mai was going to be the scum that fooled everyone into thinking she was obvtown, and I said that totally couldn't possibly happen?! Wasn't that just ironic?! Hah.. hah... :fail: