Author Topic: Mafia History Mafia - Game Over  (Read 73961 times)

Re: Mafia History Mafia - Day 7 - LYLO
« Reply #1080 on: May 28, 2011, 03:25:04 AM »
I'm curious who people guessed I was, as well as why they thought I looked like Bard. I was so obviously not Bard it hurt, I think.

Also, if all of Lambda's postgame posts were made with Mai's account and nobody said anything, I would still not be able to tell the difference between her and UK.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 03:26:48 AM by huh what »

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #1081 on: May 28, 2011, 03:26:48 AM »
I can honestly say I would not have guessed Bard could play like Whim.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #1082 on: May 28, 2011, 03:27:27 AM »
Rofl bofh lurked to death as Combo Breaker.

:wat:

I thought Monoe was pretty obviously huh what. I entertained the thought of Bardiche for a moment, but the mannerisms showed through.

I thought Bard might have been Whim, but I never guessed he'd go all out with the RP!

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #1083 on: May 28, 2011, 03:28:01 AM »
@Capt. h: It would have been a gambit. Possibly suicidal, but I THINK Monoe wouldn't have instavoted like, you know, you did.

Whim being Bard makes me giggle intensely.

@HW: That's the best part. The reason I got to know her is because she plays JUST LIKE ME on MS. It's like, the first thing I noticed when I played a game with her.

"HEY WAIT MY DISPLAY NAME IS LADY LAMBDADELTA :V"

Also, I thought Monoe was Shadoweh at first.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #1084 on: May 28, 2011, 03:28:19 AM »
EBWOP: Just like me without the rage, that is.

« Reply #1085 on: May 28, 2011, 03:28:49 AM »
Bard was tricky because I recalled him saying he doesn't roleplay in Anon games.

Then I realized he was near-exclusively posting when I was asleep. :V

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #1086 on: May 28, 2011, 03:32:45 AM »
@Capt. h: It would have been a gambit. Possibly suicidal, but I THINK Monoe wouldn't have instavoted like, you know, you did.

Whim being Bard makes me giggle intensely.

@HW: That's the best part. The reason I got to know her is because she plays JUST LIKE ME on MS. It's like, the first thing I noticed when I played a game with her.

"HEY WAIT MY DISPLAY NAME IS LADY LAMBDADELTA :V"

Also, I thought Monoe was Shadoweh at first.

The threat was from Mai.

If Mai voted me, I figured Monoe would have voted me, because he was scum. I'm really surprised she didn't.

woulda, coulda, shoulda. I would have pulled the gambit if it was Protoman and Monoe, since it played into their expectations. I wouldn't pull the gambit if I thought the townie would assume I was lying scum. Mai wasn't having any third parties at the time.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #1087 on: May 28, 2011, 03:34:05 AM »
Well, by lylo I wouldn't be going in assuming someone was scum or town. I'd consider both players a blank slate and go from there. It's the only way to stand a chance.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #1088 on: May 28, 2011, 03:35:09 AM »
Well, by lylo I wouldn't be going in assuming someone was scum or town. I'd consider both players a blank slate and go from there. It's the only way to stand a chance.

This is my first Lylo where the townie didn't self hammer. :V

« Reply #1089 on: May 28, 2011, 03:35:59 AM »
OH RIGHT.

If Kyon hadn't derp-posted, I would have thought PX was still banned and that Anon was Dormio, because it looked like Anon was twitterposting. I also would have guessed Kyon as capt. h (though that probably wouldn't have held up after Cage replaced in).

Lexicat

• Cat in a Rage
  • Who am I again?
« Reply #1090 on: May 28, 2011, 03:36:57 AM »
@Huh What:

Rest Assured, if you had claimed Third Party when I asked about it, I would have called it a scum claim.

« Reply #1091 on: May 28, 2011, 03:37:31 AM »
Why is that aimed at me? @_@

I was the old Monoe. If you're looking for the new Cage, then that's capt. h.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #1092 on: May 28, 2011, 03:38:33 AM »
Yay, 8 and 1/2 mafia games, and I finally get Nightkilled.

Also, I knew Protoman was Shadoweh. And then the D3 attitude made me think it was reVelske, solely because of the attitude. :V

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #1093 on: May 28, 2011, 03:39:19 AM »
What. Someone gets bofh to play and then bofh doesn't?

bofh actually joined of his own accord.

It also took him about three weeks to send me an apology for getting modkilled. Apparently some real life shit went down. He didn't want to go into detail. /shrug
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #1094 on: May 28, 2011, 03:39:35 AM »
@Huh What:

Rest Assured, if you had claimed Third Party when I asked about it, I would have called it a scum claim.

Which is why I didn't.

« Reply #1095 on: May 28, 2011, 03:40:01 AM »
Did anybody not think that Protoman was Shadoweh?

Oh wait. I thought he was Hourai until he gave Prinny a nickname. Any doubt in my mind was then cleared after Crocker posted.

I've also been in the process of slowly replaying BN3, which made this game somewhat more amusing for me.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #1096 on: May 28, 2011, 03:41:47 AM »
OH RIGHT.

If Kyon hadn't derp-posted, I would have thought PX was still banned and that Anon was Dormio, because it looked like Anon was twitterposting. I also would have guessed Kyon as capt. h (though that probably wouldn't have held up after Cage replaced in).
I thought you were Anonymous because Anonymous was pretending to be Dormio and that was a thing you said you would do >_> I got.. like.. three people right? At least I knew who Schezo was. FOREVER SCUM! Then I was like 'Hey you know, he's acting kind of conspiracy theorist, maybe I should go reread him.. why is it night?!"

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #1097 on: May 28, 2011, 03:44:03 AM »
Incidentally, I do think it's better if everyone assumes you're a third party than if you actually claim third party.

If everyone assumes it, they can fill in the details of the claim themselves, like Kiro did. And you can go back on your claim.

It also does horrible things to your self confidence in your ability to play town.  :ohdear:

« Reply #1098 on: May 28, 2011, 03:44:10 AM »
If it wasn't completly obvious I was Crocker, I even kept the same posting format I usually do

@<name>
[response to question]

-<name>
[hunting]

Obv Hourai.

« Reply #1099 on: May 28, 2011, 03:44:43 AM »
I thought you were Anonymous because Anonymous was pretending to be Dormio and that was a thing you said you would do >_> I got.. like.. three people right? At least I knew who Schezo was. FOREVER SCUM! Then I was like 'Hey you know, he's acting kind of conspiracy theorist, maybe I should go reread him.. why is it night?!"
Even if I did try to roleplay Dormio, I think I would at least make an effort to not be PX levels of scummy.

Especially as town.

Shadoweh

« Reply #1100 on: May 28, 2011, 03:51:14 AM »
Also I'm sorry for trying to kill you again Kiro! :ohdear: SEE HOW MUCH WE THINK ALIKE?!
I feel like I made a trainwreck of everything just because I couldn't read the one person standing right in front of me. I reread Mai constantly and just dismissed my misgivings as irritation at how derp she was being. I also knew who she was and I should have known her reasoning is better then that. Instead I tried to kill.. let's see. Town Pr, Scum, Town PR, the only confirmed town from the cop, and Town PR. Then I tried to kill Kiro and lynched someone else I thought was town, and screwed Kiro over in LYLO. I'm sorrryyyyy >.<

capt.h, you're the only reason I wasn't trying to kill you. I thought you actually sounded town. You pretty obviously weren't scum.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

« Reply #1101 on: May 28, 2011, 03:53:22 AM »
Shadoweh: I think that you were probably the Town MVP regardless, for starting the wagon on Comedian when nobody really suspected him significantly, which eventually lead to the death of Chitose as well.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #1102 on: May 28, 2011, 03:56:54 AM »
Kiro - I'm both sorry for calling you obvscum, and surprised that you were new Monoe.

Shadoweh - Yeah, there's no way town can benefit from me being subtle about who I am. Thanks, and sorry for being kind of bad. I'm surprised you knew who LLD was through the mask though - half the reason I thought she was obvtown was because I assumed she was newbtown, reading tells off of a wikipedia page. This is the first game I've seen her play.

Shadoweh

« Reply #1103 on: May 28, 2011, 04:15:11 AM »
Whim = Bard WHAAAAAAAAAT! No wonder I wanted one of my own so badly ;-;

I think my favorite argument was at the beginning of Day 4. VOTING IS ANTI-TOWN! STOP IT! STOP VOTING YOU SCUMMY PEOPLE!

Doll.S CUBE

• I Have A New Obssession
  • ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #1104 on: May 28, 2011, 04:18:20 AM »
Well, I didn't contribute much to this game, still need a long way to go I see.....

I kinda stopped reading around day 3 so I don't really have much to comment except why was there a vote so early in Lylo.....

Also, 2 right guesses but then I mostly guessed right because shadoweh was being so obvious and Dormio made Kyon his alt user for dots.

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #1105 on: May 28, 2011, 04:20:01 AM »
Day 4 onwards was quite worrying to me; what with Comedian being lynched like that.  Played quite fluidly regarding Kyon to entice potential cops to cop me, with a Mai bus from D2 as a kind of fail-safe, but sadly the cops in this game were quite gimped.  Combined with 24-hour absences due to work (which caused me to miss the Comedian wagon), I suppose I had no choice but to look very scummy by D5.  Mai did a very good job on capitalizing on me and Comedian's psuedo-bussing on the final days, staying low while not being too low.  Her aggressive punch-out style was very enjoyable to watch.  Would have preferred it if she had interacted with me more on D2 onwards though (I'm surprised none of you caught her not answering my questions for three days).  Not too happy with my play (everyone shot me down for the right reasons), but I'm okay with my bussing playing a part in Mai's obvtown look on the last two days.

I also think that we should have used our rolecop ability on D1 and D2 as my godfather ability wasn't very useful in a field of 14 players.

The sudden increase in competence level of town was quite heartening though from D4 onwards; if there wasn't so much noise on the first few days I think town would have won. However, I think town put in too much stock into flipped scum's actions at the end of the day.  While yes, analyzing the actions of flipped scum is the name of the game, it was quite jarring to see my actions justify cases on everyone except Mai on the last two days.  They should always be taken with a pinch of salt, always be put into context (e.g other than D3, my Mai vote was merely a ineffectual placeholder), and be compared to the content of the person in question (Mai contributed the least on the last two days, with everyone else making cool original cases on others, even Cage).  But yeah, town redeemed themselves after the trainwreck of the first three days, which is good.  Props to Shadoweh and Kiro for being quite insightful in their posts, Gumshoe for making that spot-on case on me, and Zakeri for playing the ideal cop (though he was a little bit of a distraction on D2).

Also, Dormio should be spamming short points in a large number of posts to get people to quote him fully.  It could have been awesome.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #1106 on: May 28, 2011, 04:21:05 AM »
Zakeri's posts were hilariously fun to read in this game.

« Reply #1107 on: May 28, 2011, 04:25:30 AM »
I agree about Zak's posts. I was somewhat sad that people requested he tone the roleplaying down.

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #1108 on: May 28, 2011, 04:38:33 AM »
O my!  It's already over.  We tried to pour our town heart and soul into our QT after we were blatantly shot down by (dare we say it?) ObvScum!  I guess the only thing for sure this game (for us) was that Affinity was scum, and Shadoweh was town.  I pinged LLD as town early do too her all-too-straight-forward opinions.  It would frustrate me, however, that they didn't really make as much sense as I would have liked! (and now we know why)  Basically I underestimated her.  NEVER AGAIN! :D Well it's a two way street I guess, cause I hope this community takes me seriously now!  :yukkuri:  I can just tell we will have fun~!

Don't lynch me.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #1109 on: May 28, 2011, 04:41:13 AM »
O my!  It's already over.  We tried to pour our town heart and soul into our QT after we were blatantly shot down by (dare we say it?) ObvScum!  I guess the only thing for sure this game (for us) was that Affinity was scum, and Shadoweh was town.  I pinged LLD as town early do too her all-too-straight-forward opinions.  It would frustrate me, however, that they didn't really make as much sense as I would have liked! (and now we know why)  Basically I underestimated her.  NEVER AGAIN! :D Well it's a two way street I guess, cause I hope this community takes me seriously now!  :yukkuri:  I can just tell we will have fun~!

You know, I would love to hydra at some point. How do I request it?