Author Topic: Mafia History Mafia - Game Over  (Read 74066 times)

Sasword

• Sasword
Re: Mafia History Mafia - Day 3
« Reply #570 on: May 14, 2011, 09:23:51 PM »
and Monoe if you happen to come around, can you look at Kyon and Comedian in isolation and search through their interactions with each other?
I'm here. Just haven't had anything to say since my last post.

I'm about to be away for a few minutes, but I will do so when I return.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #571 on: May 14, 2011, 09:41:05 PM »
Protoman should mention he was judging Navis today based on who they voiced wanting lynched and who they attacked more. Anyone who brought up Mai/Kyon as a pair lost points immediately. Protoman definitely thinks in future days looking over everyone's choices for viruses today with more flips will be helpful. Protoman will not even be upset if you skip Protoman's angry rage posts.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #572 on: May 14, 2011, 09:44:15 PM »
I have lost all enthusiasm to try in this game. However, I can do one thing, and that's completely derail Noob2Woman's scumteam by dying.

##Unvote
##Vote: Anonymous

If you want a roleclaim, you'll get two. I could be either Vanilla Townie[/b] or Town Doctor.
My scum picks? Mai & Protoman. These two I feel most strongly are scum.

Sasword

• Sasword
« Reply #573 on: May 14, 2011, 09:49:54 PM »
Anon: Less trolling please. I know you can't help but look like scum, but even that's not enough ground to make you lynch yourself.

:content: eventually. I need to get myself a proper lunch.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #574 on: May 14, 2011, 09:52:50 PM »
You know it would be even cooler if you voted for Kyon instead but okay.
I'm sure we can discuss your interesting(?) claims tomorrow.

Sasword

• Sasword
« Reply #575 on: May 14, 2011, 09:53:18 PM »
WAIT, FUCK

I just realized that Anon's unvote may have made it impossible for us to even get a lynch today at all, if less than three of us are around during deadline.

This is not good.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #576 on: May 14, 2011, 09:55:54 PM »
Uh...what? I don't really get it, Monoe. Intriguingly enough, it IS hypothetically a swing vote to lynching Kyon, without actually voting him.

Still manifestly anti town and honestly crazy. You aren't going to give us cases on Mai and Proto, are you Anon?

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #577 on: May 14, 2011, 09:58:53 PM »
Monoe means that if no one switches to Kyon then unless the three of us are still here we can't switch to Mai either. It is hypothetically scummy and please don't suggest anything otherwise Cage, seriously.

It's too bad no one suggested lynching Anonymous earlier today. :<

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #578 on: May 14, 2011, 09:59:23 PM »
Anonymous (2): Monoe, Protoman.EXE, Anonymous
Light Yagami (1): Mr. Crocker
Kyon (4): Monoe, The Comedian, Mai Tokiha, Light Yagami, John Cage
Mai Tokiha (3): Kyon, CATS, Chitose Karasuma, Anonymous

No vote cast: Light Yagami

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. You have a bit over 4 hours to vote.

Kyon is at L-2!
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #579 on: May 14, 2011, 10:01:17 PM »
Quote from: Cage
Also, if you...don't buy Kyon's claim, why is he not your lynching list? Do you have some pro town motivation for him to lie?
I don't believe him based on gut. Voting him because I don't believe the claim equates to a gut vote, which isn't very helpful for town.

Quote from: Cage
Anyway, we have 9 hours left. Protoman, if it comes down to needing a lynch, will you vote Kyon? The same question is to Crocker. I don't have as much hope for those on the Mai wagon.
Quote from: Me
Concerning the present wagons, I would support the Kyon over the Mai, as he looks scummier than Mai in my opinion. If it came down to deadline with tied wagons, I would most likely go with Kyon in order to secure the lynch. But I would rather have the lynch of someone on my list.

And to clarify some opinions on Kyon, so as to give town a better reason as to why I'm willing to vote him,
I can't find him having any kind of opinion of Mai D1 and D2, as scum or town. I don't find him objecting to Mai's reasoning of Moon or her defense of him until she looked bad.
His first post of D3 where he votes Mai is as follows:
Quote from: Kyon
1. Like, she proclaims me town early D1, claiming that she was doing so to gauge reactions to this announcements.
2. Problem, she has continued to support me as town throughout the game for no reason whatsoever (well, one that isn't "gut" anyway)
3. In addition to this, can someone tell me where she has made a single case that isn't purely "gut" on someone that isn't Sailor Moon?
4. Seriously, D1 she random voted Light before switching to Sailor Moon and leaving her vote there all day.
5. D2 she voted for Sailor Moon once again. She has not made a single case over these two days (that wasn't on Sailor Moon and already stated by everyone else)

1. I can't find how where you said you had a problem with this. And how is this a scum tactic instead of a town tactic?
2. You didn't have a problem with that before until she looked bad.
3. That was completely obvious and should have been brought up D2 if you had a problem with it, which you didn't.
4. She put her vote where her mouth was, which was on the one she found scummiest. I don't see the scum intent in that. It's also somewhat hypocritical seeing as Kyon was on the the Prinny wagon, and later on the Moon wagon.
5. All throughout D2, that did not change, but you saw no problem with it. If you had a problem, why did you not speak up about it earlier?

In short, his vote looks like scum opportunistically jumping on a person who would undoubtedly get suspicion from others. All of this stuff could have been said D2 or earlier, but was not until she looked worse.

...This case on him actually makes him more convinced of his scumminess. I do have a fourth name now, and I do support lynching him.

I am voicing willingness to vote him.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #580 on: May 14, 2011, 10:03:16 PM »
And you think I'd switch to Mai why? Well, I guess if it were super desperate times but I mean, hell, that'd be dumb.

Anyway, put that way, yes, Anon's bullshit here is VERY scummy since it could potentially deprive us of a lynch.

Cut by Crocker: Will you be around to vote over the next fourish hours? To be honest, you should probably just vote him now.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #581 on: May 14, 2011, 10:07:28 PM »
Light Yagami has been prodded for inactivity. For all doing so will mean when there are 4 hours left in the day.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #582 on: May 14, 2011, 10:08:02 PM »
Protoman: Sorry. I'm in no state to write a :content: post today, so more opinions on your cases will have to wait until next day. One small thing though: Your town read based on my unvote has one flaw: There was basically zero risk for me in that unvote. Even though that unvote was an obviously pro town action, it doesn't say much about the intent behind it.

Anyway, I'm up for either a Kyon or an Anonymous lynch. I'll be around for about 1-2 hours.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #583 on: May 14, 2011, 10:08:28 PM »
Wow. I'm even greater than I thought I was.

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #584 on: May 14, 2011, 10:08:50 PM »
Yes I will be around for deadline. I plan on voting in about an hour, mostly to give Kyon a chance to give any final opinions or cases. The vote will go down on him, keep me to this.

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #585 on: May 14, 2011, 10:11:46 PM »
Anonymous and Light really should stop asking for an F. I mean, really?
"What I did was not as townish as you thought. You can't judge my intents."
What.

Sasword

• Sasword
« Reply #586 on: May 14, 2011, 10:49:32 PM »
Looking at Kyon/Comedian as we type. While I'm doing that, though...

Mai: What in particular makes you suspect a second scum team?

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #587 on: May 14, 2011, 11:02:17 PM »
Oh dear god. Tired. Too many things to do. Go away Haruhi.

I don't like how Mai goes and does something really weird and then waves it away by saying "I got my desired effect".
Pardonable ED1, but now? Eh...? Reading the rest over now.

Sasword

• Sasword
« Reply #588 on: May 14, 2011, 11:02:37 PM »
I don't think that openly suspecting targets who aren't going to be lynched is a good reason to attack The Comedian. Townies can find players who aren't major targets to be scummy, and they're obviously going to want their suspicions out there for the rest of the game to see and discuss with them. It should be noted that Light and Cage were also fairly notable points of discussion around the time of the post that Mai used as an example, even if they were not likely lynches. Kyon was still possibly lynchable at the time, too, with several players considering him suspicious at the time (but sadly not enough to actually vote him). I also think it is rather clear that The Comedian did not support the Sailor Moon wagon at the time of that post, so that's a bit of a misrep from Mai.

Other than that, I've personally found The Comedian's content to be believable and consistant. I did not notice any particular discrepancies in his interactions with Kyon when reading their posts in isolation, either. As is, I believe him to be town, and do not find Mai's case to be very convincing at all.

One thing I did notice is that Kyon's suspicions on The Comedian have slowly died out over time in favor of silly cases like the one on Mai (not that Kyon's case on The Comedian was strong to begin with), but I'm more likely to attribute that to Kyon being a scumbag without consistant opinions against townies than the two being buddies.

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #589 on: May 14, 2011, 11:04:51 PM »
Crocker's #579. Because I kind of just skimmed over Mai until I read her posts at the end of D2 that read really, really weirdly to me. I was going to say it D2, but somebody hammered before I got a chance to.

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #590 on: May 14, 2011, 11:06:00 PM »
Monoe's #588: I liked how he answered my questions and decided that he wasn't so scummy after all. That's about it.

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #591 on: May 14, 2011, 11:06:54 PM »
Anonymous comes back after being prodded by the mod to... vote himself and claim two roles? What?

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #592 on: May 14, 2011, 11:14:59 PM »
Right then, that was what I was waiting for. Can we get a final condensed list of who you think is scum and why?

##Unvote
##Vote: Kyon

L-1

I will personally crusade anyone who hammers before his reply.

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #593 on: May 14, 2011, 11:15:48 PM »
Anyone switching off Mai ALSO GETS BROWNIE POINTS THOUGH!
But she's scum damn it.

More things to add to Crocker's #579. How is buddying up to someone anti-town? How isn't it anti-town? As soon as I died and flipped town, she could be like all "I told you guys he was town" in order to try to gain credibility. Not to mention that town has no real benefit in buddying up unless they're masons or something. And I know I'm not paired with Mai in any way. So yeah.
And yeah, she put her vote on who she thought was the scummiest. She did nothing else. She failed to provide a single case outside of rehashed opinions on Sailor Moon throughout D1&2. But whatever.

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #594 on: May 14, 2011, 11:16:43 PM »
I will personally crusade anyone who hammers before his reply.
Uh... what? So you'd rather just watch me flip without me being able to say anything before I die?

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #595 on: May 14, 2011, 11:17:53 PM »

One small thing though: Your town read based on my unvote has one flaw: There was basically zero risk for me in that unvote. Even though that unvote was an obviously pro town action, it doesn't say much about the intent behind it.
Protoman finds it humorous that Boku no Kira himself is the one to point out something like this. Your intent was to stop Kyon from being hammered early, you stated that in your next post. There was zero risk for Kira as town, but there were all kinds of benefits to leaving your vote there as a virus especially if SOS Slave Boy is a virus. It is enough for Protoman to consider you above his many, many other suspects.

Quickly for Monoe Protoman had that impression as well but if Kyon flips scum I believe we should look through his posts for possible confirmation bias, not just his town picks.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #596 on: May 14, 2011, 11:18:34 PM »
I think he's saying the opposite, Kyon. Not really impressed with any of Kyon's content at all...

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #597 on: May 14, 2011, 11:18:53 PM »
Whatever, I don't care, fine.
Before I die, my picks:
Mai is scum god damn it.
Light has not added anything recently, neither has Anonymous. Though Anonymous is going into suicide mode.
Chitose is my final pick.
Screw you guys, go kill me or whatever.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #598 on: May 14, 2011, 11:19:38 PM »
Kyon is at L-1!

3 hours to go.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #599 on: May 14, 2011, 11:37:09 PM »
Longer version, we were discussing bussing strategies earlier and the interactions between Comedian and Kyon do remind Protoman a little of Bardiche and huh what. Protoman will be interested to see what Comedian does tomorrow once SOS Slave Boy has been tarred and feathered. Protoman isn't overly interested in going after him tomorrow because that would mean Anonymous would still be here.