Author Topic: Mafia History Mafia - Game Over  (Read 74696 times)

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
Re: Mafia History Mafia - Day 2
« Reply #300 on: May 09, 2011, 11:11:38 PM »
I'm still waiting for you to answer my question about how what Light has done is worse than the entire Prinny wagon, too, since I asked that towards everybody who is on the Light wagon.
Yare yare.
Let's see here... Prinny Wagon.
  • CATS: Not much to say here.
  • Sailor Moon: I believe her to be scum, want to see more content from her.
  • I think that Mr. Crocker, John Cage, and Chitose Karasuma are looking townish for now.
  • The Comedian: Leaning towards scum. Want to see how he answers a couple of questions.
  • Dick Gumshoe: Leaning towards town. Not as much as someone like John Cage but yeah.
I went after Light because there's nothing to say about CATS and I wanted to see more content from Sailor Moon and The Comedian. Sailor Moon has yet to say anything of value and is only solidifying my view of her as scum as time passes and going to have to wait for The Comedian since we only just recently had our exchange where I reiterated my questions for him.

Ouja

• Ouja
« Reply #301 on: May 09, 2011, 11:37:01 PM »
Let's try and divulge while I still have my sanity, or what's left of it.

Well that was just fucking amazing Sailor Moon!  God Dammit!  Why did I claim yesterday?  Because I looked real quick to see what the "status" was and I saw people unvoting and voting and all that jazz and I thought I was in danger so... ha... ha... 
I've been deemed bad enough to just have blanket statements thrown at me without scrutiny.  Fabulous.

One thing that just is frustrating to no end is that Anonymous has now made all of 1 freaking opinion on 1 person today and he just gets some clear or whatever the hell people are doing because I snapped back at him and you all find me scummy so that must make him town.  Fucking really?  He has no backing to any of his stances so nothing really can get traced back to him at this point.  I would just love to hear a case of at least 3 people, 5 sentences about who you think is scum and so on you you can stop playing this passive aggressive game.

Light Yagmai:  Honestly I was just going to make my case focus mostly on him but just the amount of bash he's getting from almost everyone makes me want to step back and feel that something is wrong.  This is also because he tunnels on me that people want him to go but I really can't look at the votecount situation here and think, "If he really is scum I'm having kinda a hard time believe they would just ram him with the bus this early into day 2"  This just seems to stem from my paranoia of this situation but it has made me want to reevaluate who I want to lynch if solely for that fact.  I mean that redirect and getting anal about the diction is God Awful but this wagon just feels wrong today.

CATS: You know what?  The more I read this guy the more I want to punch him in the face.  I'll just assume you have a post restriction or something, and that your only opinion being on Prinny is biting you in the butt right now.  So you too: 3 names of scum, and at least 5 sentences why.

Kyon: Oh this is a fun one. 
I guess I should address what my logic was at the start of day 1 or what I remember of it huh since you all didn't buy what I said in my big post but ok:
It was a jokevote for a misconception with the mod but somewhere along the lines it got interpreted as being, "serious pursuing of Kyon" Whatever, that was just pressure and that's all I can really say about that, make of that what you will.
///
Alright, I fucking get it.  You asking me to give the reasoning behind my first three posts, when I mentioned I didn't know what I was thinking in them, 82 fucking times is not helping you look proactive.  In fact it makes you look worse and almost as if you have to get reasons to vote me, but more than that, you have to keep throwing that reason up in the air for everyone to see.  Have I responded yet so that you could clarify and go, "Ahem, can you address this now?" No, I have not.  Your constant barrage on one point when I haven't even said anything yet just reeks of desperation along with some more of the "fun stuff" you do.  Same can be said for "Moon, post."
task funstuff{
Like that OMGUS vote on Comedian, It's been beat over the head with a stick so I'll move on,
This beautiful post here~
What's your favorite part?  My favorite part is where he says a bunch of stuff and doesn't follow up with it. 
One of the more telling parts is where he find Mai "weird" doesn't follow her up. At all.  Continues to reinforce the theory that has been thrown out there that Mai and Kyon are distancing themselves from each other.
The same goes for those points about Protoman and Monoe.  Not a word.  And accusing someone of defending another, you would think would get some follow up.  Nope.
Monoe- I loved you for bringing this point up:
Quote from: Monoe 294
If Moon is town, then scum would likely be intimidated by her wall of :words: and fear the possibility of town jumping off of her and onto a scum. Thus, by piling their votes on Prinny, the likelihood of town reforming and obtaining a scum lynch would be incredibly low.
It totally puts this post into context.
}
@Initialize{
funstuff;
}
This is just too much for me to ignore and as much as I was ready to vote Light earlier today I find this stuff way more threatening.
##Vote: Kyon

Mai: I can't really say much about her now since she may in all honestly be just a townie tunneling the fuck out of me but I have a feeling that Kyon's flip will tell a lot more about her than we have. Her throwing the suggestion that it's possible completely out of the water just because it has bad logic is also a bit hmmm.

I don't think I'm missing anymore questions directed at me but please point them out if you see them.

THIS TOOK THREE FUCKING HOURS AND I READ THE GAME THAT PEOPLE ARE MAKING POSTS IN AS I MADE IT AND THEN ADJUSTED ACCORDINGLY!  KEEP YOUR PANTS ON!

Skull

• Skull
« Reply #302 on: May 10, 2011, 12:00:40 AM »
Keep the temper down; no need to get all flustered and hot, as it makes this game a pain to reread.

What do you think of Chitose?

Skull

• Skull
« Reply #303 on: May 10, 2011, 12:05:18 AM »
EBWOP: @Chitose, my partner will follow up on you when he comes back.

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #304 on: May 10, 2011, 01:08:38 AM »
Quote from: Monoe
To everyone voting for Light, I would at least like an explanation of why his actions are so horrible that they are worth prioritizing over the entire Prinny wagon
To restate and clarify my case on him,
D1
  • Inital vote of Moon was weak, and never followed through on suspicions or did any hunting thereafter
  • Said to death, but promises and never delivers on content
  • Stood on the sidelines of Prinny wagon, saying he's scummy, but did not pressure or hunt at all
  • Passive as all heck and lets others hunt for him

D2
  • Redirects Cage's suspicions onto Combo, who hadn't checked in
  • Only other opinions on people are the ones who have drawn much attention to themselves. e.g Moon, Kyon. Plus the easy prod on CATS

I find the things on this list and his huge lack of town intent to be the scummiest things in the game right now, which makes him my first choice and my lynch priority.

Light did evidently attempt to produce cases throughout the day
Please direct me to any post of his D1 where he does this.
If I'm interpreting any of this wrong please tell me:
1st post: Vote on Moon
2nd: Says Prinny scummy, no pressure at all
3rd: Defence from Cage suspicions
4th: Convinces Whim to change wagons to where his vote is

I completely fail to see how you reach that conclusion.

Anonymous-
Slowly rising on scumdar. In addition to what I said on him earlier, his CATS thing seems more like lurker pressure and lazy hunting rather than actual hunting. While I too want CATS to say stuff, one vote on him while all this is going on is not going to make him come out and bear his soul to us. He will get what's coming to him later if this keeps up. I would like current opinions and active hunting on other people from you, because as stated before, you seem more passive and reportery than I like. Also avoids people of interest in his D2 post, I expect to see more names in your next one.

Moon-
You say you are frustrated with Anon, but I fail to see your position on him. Is he looking townie or scummy to you, as your post skirts this topic. Your frustration can easily be used as a pass either way if you were to vote him and he were to become a wagon or flip either alignment, as it does not state what you really think of him.

You stated you wanted to say things about Light, but his wagon deterred you from that. This is anti-town to me as it has you hold back real opinions because other people find him scummy. People having a case on a person should not stop you from giving a real opinion on them and be wary just because they're in the spotlight. If it is just his wagon that makes you think he errs on the townie side and willing to drop suspicions, then I find that very suspicious for obv reasons.
Rising on suspicious-ness.

Going to get this post out here.

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #305 on: May 10, 2011, 01:14:23 AM »
Also,
Shoegums-
Are you still working on what I asked you? As I would like those before too late in the game and they become irrelevant. I don't like judging replacements based on their successor when they don't agree with their opinions and arguments on specific topics.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #306 on: May 10, 2011, 01:18:18 AM »
##Unvote
##Vote: Sailor Moon

First off, you're telling us to excuse all your bad points, and throwing AtE as a reason for us to excuse them. Like this
Well that was just fucking amazing Sailor Moon!  God Dammit!  Why did I claim yesterday?  Because I looked real quick to see what the "status" was and I saw people unvoting and voting and all that jazz and I thought I was in danger so... ha... ha...
I've been deemed bad enough to just have blanket statements thrown at me without scrutiny.  Fabulous.
or this
So now to address all of these points and to just go at how awful and terrible I am, because really.  Let's take the lunarian out and BASH HER!  LET'S BASH THE SHIT OUT OF HER!  She keeps getting into the wrong side of what she sees as a catch-22 and getting called out on it for playing emotion.  This is like pulling my hair out dumb for me because I was seeing it as, "Ok, I can either, just disappear for 13~ hours and let everyone go 'look she gave up, lynch her!' or tell them and get told, 'you need to stop playing on our emotions >:|" ARGH!  I picked wrong for getting scared by posts like these.
or maybe this one.
I won't calm down. I just need time to gather my emotions before trying to not make this a 100% fuck up game.

Second, this post
I don't know, but it feels like you're doing the thing you're bashing me for. Hmm? See: Me @ Cats
Not to mention that you said that you were getting together a post... oh about 24 hours ago. And you took 22 hours to actually post it.

Third, this quote.
Light Yagmai:  Honestly I was just going to make my case focus mostly on him but just the amount of bash he's getting from almost everyone makes me want to step back and feel that something is wrong.  This is also because he tunnels on me that people want him to go but I really can't look at the votecount situation here and think, "If he really is scum I'm having kinda a hard time believe they would just ram him with the bus this early into day 2"  This just seems to stem from my paranoia of this situation but it has made me want to reevaluate who I want to lynch if solely for that fact.  I mean that redirect and getting anal about the diction is God Awful but this wagon just feels wrong today.

To me, this reads like "Oh, I had a case on God perfectly written out, but since there's a big wagon and it would look bad on me for voting him now, I'm not going to." If you're a townie, you pursue who the hell you think is scum, not vote accordingly to whatever makes you look more townie. I have already expressed this, but it seems like you're just trying to look good for personal sake instead of town sake.

Fourth, your entire case on Key-on. Your entire case on him is entirely based on D1, using words of Monoe to make his D1 actions look scummier, regardless of if they are scummy or not, and completely appealing to anger for being mentioned repeatedly.

Okay, on to other people.

CATS & ComboBreaker: Stay silent so you're modkilled, or actually be active. If you can not find time for a mafia game, either don't join or ask for a replacement ASAP.

Johnny Cage, I was pissed at for basically saying that he was not going to read 5 out of 4 pages of the game (lol, who doesn't use 50 posts a page?), but his night posts make up for all of that so he looks OVER 9000 times better.

Between God and Key-on, I find myself agreeing with Key-on more over God, especially after reading both of their D2 in ISO. Key-on looks to be putting out more :effort:

As for the topic of night kill interpretations, it's not really bad, but you shouldn't rely on it as a source of finding scum. That's not to say it's completely pointless. One point though, if Whim was killed as scum looking for PRs, why not kill Johnny Cage when he revealed that he did have a power?

And for the unfunnyman, I believe you should answer about this cheerleading. Not to mention your vote to Prinny cemented him as the lynch of the day.

EDIT: Annnnd proceed to get cut by Crocker. :|

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #307 on: May 10, 2011, 01:19:23 AM »
EBWOP: However, I do not find both God and Key-on scummier than you on the basis that they're trying. I just find Key-on trying more than God.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #308 on: May 10, 2011, 01:33:27 AM »
Protoman wants to lynch Sailor Moon just a little so he doesn't have to translate her anymore >___>
Being angry isn't an excuse to misrepresent everyone looking at you. So Sailor Moon is saying she claimed because she was in a hurry and didn't read the posts or realize she wasn't likely to be lynched? Sailor Moon needs to be more attentive then. It did make you look bad enough for everyone to notice.

One thing that just is frustrating to no end is that Anonymous has now made all of 1 freaking opinion on 1 person today and he just gets some clear or whatever the hell people are doing because I snapped back at him and you all find me scummy so that must make him town. 
That's weird, Protoman is positive he's been saying ANONYMOUS IS A VIRUS in big red letters and made at least two posts dedicated to how bad he thinks Headless 4chan is. Are you not reading at all? This doesn't change that instead of giving real input earlier Sailor Moon used him as an excuse to rage and didn't bother voting for him to put any pressure on him.

Protoman doesn't want to hear any more Navis clearing Boku no Kira because he's being attacked alot for being awful. So many tags! He must be on a bus! Or town might be voting for him because he was horrible. Protoman's belief that Boku no Kira is a virus has nothing to do with his tunneling on Sailor Moon and Protoman is offended Sailor Moon would say that.

In short, Protoman wants less rage and more clear thinking from Sailor Moon. Protoman doesn't care if you're upset for being pressured. Rage is demotivational. Protoman only cares about your content.

Ouja

• Ouja
« Reply #309 on: May 10, 2011, 02:04:23 AM »
Alrighty then.

Anonymous is scum.  Hold me to this.  What I would say about posting 24 hours later is just going to be seen as fucking "appealing to emotion" so I won't say it.  I really don't care if you find the AtE I'm being accused of biasy of your opinions of me or not.  In fact just hold them all against me, you all want to so why not, it's incredibly scummy.  And while we're at it, you got the posts from almost everyone on that list you wanted posts from and you only talked about me aside from a weak poke at Light and Kyon.  So you trying to look useful and then not doing anything about it?

Light.  It's just that everything now that I reread on him has been bashed on the head, had him thrown on the ground and kicked a few times for god measure.  I don't see a "unique" point I can add on since almost half of the players have already made a case and provided opinions on him.  I'll just quote the ones I agree with?
In fact I agree with everything Crocker just said about him... I still feel better about a Kyon lynch though.

Kyon's actions have been spelled out as scummy.  You're missing this Anon?  I also find this just plippy with how others how got on to others telling them to make a case on people's day 1 actions.  His day2 actions don't say much to how I feel about him anyways since I mentioned a main thing he's been doing all day in my case of him anyway.  How do misreps feel Anon?

Soo I'll order them like this
Kyon>=Light>Anonymous

What I meant by Light tunneling me is that that was a point used against him for why he's scum it's just worded awkwardly.  That's not a reason for me clearing him.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #310 on: May 10, 2011, 02:12:33 AM »
Kyon (3): Monoe, John Cage, The Comedian, Sailor Moon
Light Yagami (5): Protoman.EXE, Mr. Crocker, Kyon, Chitose Karasuma, John Cage
CATS (0): Anonymous
Sailor Moon (3): Mai Tokiha, Light Yagami, Anonymous
Chitose Karasuma (1): Dick Gumshoe

No vote: CATS, Combo Breaker

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch. You have about 45.5 hours to vote.

CATS and Combo Breaker will be prodded for inactivity after this has been posted.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 02:23:55 AM by Kilgamayan »
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

OOO

• Taka! Kujaku! Condor!
  • TaJaDor
« Reply #311 on: May 10, 2011, 02:26:23 AM »
Quote from: Mai Tokiha
Really Comedian? Posting reads without giving reasoning is ANTI TOWN?

So I assume that gut reads are impossible for you yes? I'll be remembering this down the road. You better make sure every read you post has solid reasoning behind it.

I don't forget things.

Everyone gets gut reads.  Posting them is pointless, because they give no insights into reasoning.  Their only purpose is so you can either say, "See, I was right on an earlier day, so you should go with my case this day!" or else "Oh hey, I had no idea that guy would flip that way, so there's no way I can be scum!"  They should have no impact on cases.  They're not a townie tool.

Quote from: Kyon
  • What do you make of Whim accusing you of cheerleading?

Cheerleading is when you make a strong case on someone, then vote for someone other than the person you have your case on.  It's scummy because it's a disconnect between displayed thought process and action.  I didn't do anything like that, as my primary case was on you and my vote was on you.  Whim was correct that I should've had my vote on Prinny instead of you at that point in the day because you weren't going to get lynched, Prinny was my secondary case, and Prinny was only one vote ahead of Sailor Moon, but she used an imprecise term.

That you keep on pushing this point reeks of abusing buzzwords, and of trying to twist the words of confirmed town to your defense.

• WHAT ABOUT MY FIRST VOTE WAS OMGUS-Y? I've been asking that for a while yet you STILL haven't answered me.

Mai's #33 questioned whether your post quoting the mod had any town intent behind it.  Monoe reponded to Mai in her #47 by saying that she didn't see how your post could've had any anti-town purpose to it.  Protoman's #53 attacked Monoe, and also indirectly cast doubt on you as he stated that he didn't see any pro-town purpose in your posts.  Your #56 then attacked this post of Protoman's, solidifying your RVS vote into a serious one, as you mischaracterized his post as a chainsaw defense when its main purpose was expressing doubt of both you and Monoe.

• How was it possible to make a case that didn't involve me during the the first three pages of the game?

I didn't say that the case shouldn't involve you.  I said that it shouldn't be based on others' opinions of you.  Your case was against someone for not thinking that you're worthy of defense.  A few posts prior to mine, there were votes placed on Sailor Moon, on Protoman, and on Prinny.  You instead continued to attack people for saying you weren't town.  That's not sincere scumhunting.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #312 on: May 10, 2011, 02:26:43 AM »
There is one other thing I've been waiting for you to address that you haven't, Sailor Moon. Right here. You've never shown any real suspicion of me in any of your posts. Your large post agreed that your suspicion of my fluff was silly. You haven't even mentioned me today. Why did you randomly throw my name in with your suspects when you thought you were going to die?

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #313 on: May 10, 2011, 02:30:30 AM »
I love how you declare me as scum... and then proceed to not vote me, and declare Key-on and God scummier than me? Then why outright declare me scum? If you truly believe I were scum, you'd instantly vig me if you could, and if not then vote me. As for God and Key-on, I just don't find them as high priority as you are. And I don't care if I die, as survival is not my number 1 priority, unlike you. However, if I die I want you to die right after me.

EDIT: Great, 2 more cuts. :\

Ouja

• Ouja
« Reply #314 on: May 10, 2011, 02:51:47 AM »
Crocker asked me what I think you are, I think you're scum.

I'll get to Protoman later.

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #315 on: May 10, 2011, 03:49:58 AM »
Everyone gets gut
Hey, the Sailor Moon post I was waiting for finally arrived.
Let's see what it contains.
  • I made a mistake please forget it ever happened.
  • Will reread the part about Anonymous when I can't hear Haruhi laughing in the room next door. :ohdear:
  • I'm not going to share my case on Light Yagami with you because too many people are voting for him.
  • Poke the lurkers.
  • Case on me where the first part attacks me for having asked her about her first three posts several times. Well, I wouldn't have had to restate the question if you had answered it on the occasions when you actually appeared. As for your "I wasn't around after you asked" excuse, please note that I asked you the same question in day 1 and failed to receive a response until just then.
  • And about the post I didn't follow up on, what? Elaborate on how I didn't follow up on this?
  • Also, so much rage. I don't trust rage.
##Unvote
##Vote Sailor Moon

Not impressed at all. I'll address everything else once I can find something to distract Haruhi with.

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #316 on: May 10, 2011, 03:58:31 AM »
What I would say about posting 24 hours later is just going to be seen as fucking "appealing to emotion" so I won't say it.
Yare yare.
Before I get dragged away, I'd like to point out that by saying that, you're appealing to emotion. Again. (The rage and stuff is also appealing to emotion in a more blatant form.)

Skull

• Skull
« Reply #317 on: May 10, 2011, 04:00:56 AM »
*Gumshoe flexes his muscles in anticipation of a rather wordy post*

I'll answer crockers concerns first, so town has a clearer idea of where this new and improved two-headed but sexy orge of a man stands on teh issues.

I am in fundamental disagreement with Gumshoe's first serious post D1 where he votes Kyon scum.  His Mai/Kyon bus theory is also plain wrong.  That said, Gumshoes other posts responding to Whim and others look fine to me. 

The point to be made here is that after reading D1, I don't see Kyon to be Scum, and I find myself justifying Kyon's D1 posts on a guteral level as town motivated.  Let us take the ED1 Protoman/Mai/Monoe/Kyon/Comedian arguemen ts and put it all together.  I very much admire the Comedian for trying to piece it all together in post #311.  to quote,
Mai's #33 questioned whether your post quoting the mod had any town intent behind it.  Monoe responded to Mai in her #47 by saying that she didn't see how your post could've had any anti-town purpose to it.  Protoman's #53 attacked Monoe, and also indirectly cast doubt on you as he stated that he didn't see any pro-town purpose in your posts.  Your #56 then attacked this post of Protoman's, solidifying your RVS vote into a serious one, as you mischaracterized his post as a chainsaw defense when its main purpose was expressing doubt of both you and Monoe.
I agree with the first two sentences in the quote above.  I would only change "indirectly" to "directly" in the third.  I do not agree completely  with the 4th sentence.   I think that while Protoman did not mention Mai, her statement declaring Kyon's Modquotes not pro-town and Monoe's defending "anti-town" behavior a grave offense.  That was poor form of Protoman because modquotes imo are a null-tell.  Protoman attacking Monoe for defending "anti-town" behavior whilst Monoe was only clearly questioning Mai on prodding Kyon for utilizing Modquotes seems like a major misrep.  Kyon called Protoman on it but characterized it as a chainsaw defense of Mai.  Hence the semantics problem that has plagued D1.   In the end this OMGUS-y argument has been interpreted as Kyon attacking Protoman for attacking Monoe for defending Kyon's "anti-town" modquotes.  It's a load of bullocks and has substituted the much simplier explanation: "Protoman misreps Monoe"  Done and Done.  I don't blame either Kyon or the Comedian for the misunderstandings.  (The discussion should have went the way of Protoman vs. Monoe, but this was ultimately dropped abruptly after Protoman's #65)

I wish I had a little more time to get out all my thoughts.  I'll elaborate later I guess, but for now,

light/kyon:  I don't like either wagon, and I think this is a town/town wagon.  However, if I'm forced to chose, I would chose light over Kyon.
Sailor Moon/Headless 4chan:  I find Moon scummier than both light/Kyon, and I really don't like that last raging post.  rereading D1, 4chans posts read town to me, again on a gutteral level.

I would rather spend what time I have left on Chitose, who I still regard as more scumlike than not.  I'll remark on a few points from your post #292
what with Kyon still pushing that Comedian was being unreasonable when pretty much everyone disagreed with
You keep refering to this.  To me, comedian's first content post did seem unreasonable.  I do not wish to be apart of "everyone".  Kyon may not have explained himself well, but the feeling that Comedian's first content post was not accurate I do agree with: see above.
Lastly, why are you asking for me to pressure lurkers and calling my last vote non-telegraphed when the reasons for their lynch were so obvious throughout the day.  I judge D1 voting targets by how useful they can be after N1 in drawing conclusions from bandwagon, and I found Prinny to be the least-desirable, due to obvious reasons.  Better to raise the unseen against the more interesting targets, than things that everyone are raising.
So you chose Prinny because he was a bad lurker with the most interesting bandwagon, so that come D2, you could analyse the people on the bandwagon?  First, I vote people based on scumminess period.  I don't decide not to vote someone because they posted content D1.  Secondly, if you think Kyon is the worst on the Bandwagon, I find it strange that all you can say about him is that 'he looks bad D1, but at least he's not a lurker like light'.
I asked you to Pressure CATS because while he is a lurker, he was also the person you had your vote on.  Because otherwise it simply looks like you parked your vote, cheerleaded other wagons, and then switched when convienent.
Most importantly, my vote on Light was based on the fact that his Kyon vote was not well-thought out; reasons that could equally be applied to Kyon about how he switched to Prinny due to his active lurking can be applied to us as well, who switched to Prinny due to active lurking too.  Also, he did not evaluate Kyon's earlier day one actions, which are an important part of his case (which I and others have raised so far).  Things against CATS are pretty much still implicit in the environment.

First, Light never voted Kyon.  I am happy that you admit that your prinny switch was scummy, and I am in agreement.  As I have said Kyon's D1 actions seem town to me.
Anyway my case still stands and I would rather see your lynch than anyone else's.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #318 on: May 10, 2011, 04:48:50 AM »
Protoman is really disapointed Penguin Hat wasn't a bomb. Both him and Sailor Moon exploding would have made today so much easier. Protoman always feels like he is waiting for later while processing in the now.

Protoman dropped what Gumshoe pointed out because of exactly Gumshoe's point. Monoe explained he felt Slave Boy's posts were a null-tell. Protoman didn't feel there was anything else there that could be fought over at the time. Protoman is interested in Gumshoe's thoughts and is no longer sure he wants you killed and mangled. Protoman wants to know what you directly think of Monoe and if he is correct about analyzing the wagon on my Penguin Hat.

Protoman can't remember who Light or CATS are. Are they players? Protoman could be fooled right now.

« Reply #319 on: May 10, 2011, 05:55:06 AM »
Moon: Not voting me because everyone and their dog is already voting me kind of sounds like avoiding to get on my wagon so you won't be held accountable if I get lynched and flip town.
Apart from that, her big post continues in the same vein as the previous one, so, well... Yeah, she's still scum.

Mai: Tunneling quite heavily on Moon. I might see this as scummy if I didn't agree that Moon is so obviously scum; but I do, so I'm considering her quite towny.

Chitose: (#250) Unlike you and Crocker, Kyon had been on the Moon wagon at first (Crocker's only vote on Moon was RVS), but later decided to switch to Prinny; not in reaction to what Prinny did, but to Moon's big post. Hence I'm assuming that you two came to a different conclusion on who's scummier and voted based on that; while Kyon switched even though Moon's post did not wipe out the earlier scummy things she had done, which he had voted her for.
Also, that I only raised this point about him in my #238 is simply due to the other things I might have wanted to address already having been pointed out by others, as you said yourself. I like to avoid restating things where possible. Also, the point you specifically refer to did not really seem decidedly scummy to me.

Cage: (#266) First point: Moon's cases in that first big post: Protoman - don't really get that case, even on re-reading it. That goes for the whole exchange that led to it, though; so can't tell whether it's bad. Anonymous - based mostly on speculation. Prinny - fine by itself, less so considering the circumstances. Light - fine. Monoe - I agree much more with what she's attacking (what Monoe said) than with her attack, so it looks rather bad to me. So, if her post consisted only of  these cases, it would not look quite as scummy. But - it doesn't. And the cases are nowhere near good enough to balance that out, let alone her earlier posts.
Next point: It's in my #187.
Next one: Well damn. Seems I overlooked Kyon did that. As for Gumshoe, I haven't written anything about him yet. In both cases, if it was done like Moon did it, then it's also scummy. But neither of them is basically screaming "lynch me please, I'm scum".
Last one: If I can come up with a big load of explanations for something that all point in different directions, then yes, they are completely useless. It's something you can maybe use to decide where to direct your own attention next, but not something to post about. I really shouldn't have to explain to you why discussing WIFOM is not helpful. Well, if you really want me to, I'll write up a list of explanations for that NK that shows how utterly useless discussing possible reasons for it is.
About the active lurking: So I'm completely wrong about that... except Prinny flipped town after doing exactly that. As I said, it's not more than a weak possible scum tell on D1.

Will get to the other stuff and more people in a bit.

« Reply #320 on: May 10, 2011, 07:10:46 AM »
EBWOP: Third point from Cage I addressed: "forgot" instead of "overlooked". I've read that being pointed out several times.

Punch Hopper

• Punch Hopper
« Reply #321 on: May 10, 2011, 07:27:35 AM »
Gone all day. Posting is after curfew. Much sleep it is not obtained.

I has skimmed day 2. Post is day one wagon analysis on Prinny. No analysis for Whim because no body are making meaningful accusation. As reading day one, it is realize many people say same thing over and over. Little information, yet many people to speak causes many parrots. Many enough that term "parrot" loosed all meaning.

Me and Protoman and Gunshoe is attacking Prinny early. Protoman has many arguement, and Gumshoe has many insight. Do not feel vote is here. Mr. Crocker are late, but are much active. Many people are City are switch vote Prinny.

Kyon is make bad case, and defend. Voted Sailor Moon, but switch at Sailor Moon's angry defense. Kyon claim Sailor Moon make better case, but She is having no case at all. Maybe Kyon only switch is because Prinny proven have does not defend self.

Sailor moon is make weird suggestion on Protoman, but vote Prinny. Algae is little intent in doing so, so honest mistake - it does not tell alignment.

Problem arises in wagon analysis. Two most Algae votes be also counterwagon.
Main suspicions still lie in wagon jumps - Kyon, Anon, Light.
Sailor Moon may also be Algae, so Her? Or Jumpers?

Irregardless. strongest suspicion are Kyon.
##Vote: Kyon

Quote from: Anon, 218
From what little I can understand from this post, it seems he wants us to jump off the Sailor Moon wagon and move on to someone else, like the Townie Prinny.
Four people is opportunity vote in short time. Some of four these must be has evil intent. Post 113(light), 116(Kyon), 124(Prinny), 142(Anon) are happen close together - evidence is Sailor Moon are easy target of belong to City. This is reason for wanted wagon move from She.

I wishing I have investigations.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #322 on: May 10, 2011, 07:47:33 AM »
That's neat. You skipped Chitose. What do you think of them, their vote, and their posts in general?

« Reply #323 on: May 10, 2011, 08:25:53 AM »
Comedian: Has been mostly focusing on Kyon. I'd like to see more cases on people other than Kyon from him.

Cats: So err... you're going to focus only on Kyon? It's nice you also suspect Anon and me, but you don't really write anything about us besides us jumping on Moon. Also, what exactly do you think of Moon? As far as I can tell, you maybe suspect her, too, but you're not really taking any definite stance there.

Actually, I don't like the way this wagon on Kyon is gaining traction. Especially not after Moon decided to go after him instead of me based on flimsy reasoning. I guess I'll have to re-read him again.

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #324 on: May 10, 2011, 10:06:21 AM »
re-read
GODDAMNIT HARUHI DON'T PUSH THAT BUTTON.
Yeah, I lost the post I was writing.
Basically.
  • Dick Gumshoe: So, you've summed up my argument with The Comedian as being a misunderstanding and that you blame neither of us for it. What do you think of The Comedian and I?
  • Sailor Moon, your reasoning for Anonymous is scum is that he has only made a few cases, correct? What stops us from applying the very same reasoning to you? Also, you've basically declared Light, Anonymous and I as scum. Considering how you've stated that Anonymous is scum, that I am scummier than Anonymous, and that Light is just as scummy as me, do you have a case on Light at all? I mean, you have basically said "I have a case on Light but too many people are voting for him so I want to reconsider it." Laying the emotions on thick doesn't help you much, either.
  • Scumpicks: Sailor Moon, Light Yagami, ______, ______(?)
  • So, who could the other scum(s) be?
    • CATS: Sparse activity, only pops in to place a vote on the most prominent wagon at the time.
    • Chitose Karasuma? What's with you completely copying what I said about Sailor Moon in your #157? Seriously, you even used my words. Also your #100 in regards to Sailor Moon looks like some weird ingame coaching.
    • Anonymous? D1 he voted for Sailor Moon for her weird actions in RVS. (Which I also wanted to ask her about and only just got an answer of "I don't know what I was thinking") Almost all of his reads have been about why some people look town, with very few mentions of who might be scum. Oh, and all of these cases are on people that several people have expressed distrust of.

@mod: What's going to happen to C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER? It's been over 3 days and 7 hours since his last (and only) post.
    @mod: Are scum allowed to daytalk?

« Reply #325 on: May 10, 2011, 10:17:04 AM »
Okay, he still looks scummy to me. I definitely want Moon lynched over him and I think I'd also prefer Cats lynched over him, though.
Won't get to other stuff before sleeping, so probably at least 10-12 hours till my next post.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #326 on: May 10, 2011, 10:22:38 AM »
Kyon (4): Monoe, John Cage, The Comedian, Sailor Moon, CATS
Light Yagami (4): Protoman.EXE, Mr. Crocker, Kyon, Chitose Karasuma, John Cage
CATS (0): Anonymous
Sailor Moon (4): Mai Tokiha, Light Yagami, Anonymous, Kyon
Chitose Karasuma (1): Dick Gumshoe

No vote: Combo Breaker

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch. You have about 37.5 hours to vote.

After careful deliberation, I have reduced Combo Breaker's time to respond to inactivity prods to 12 hours. Lesson for the rest of you: Do not get on my Not Happy List.

CATS and Combo Breaker will be prodded for inactivity after this has been posted.

- Players with roles with private communication capabilities may use them at any time regardless of alignment.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #327 on: May 10, 2011, 10:27:14 AM »
No vote: Combo Breaker
So a little less than four hours left for him.
Lame people are lame.  :colbert:

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #328 on: May 10, 2011, 11:50:59 AM »
Since I can't guarantee I will still be on break when Combo Breaker's time expires, I will make a pre-emptive declaration.

If Combo Breaker does not have a post by 10:15 AM Eastern, that time shall signify the exact moment of their modkill. They will be considered dead on the spot, and their flip will come at the end of the day. Note that such a modkill will reduce the lynch threshold, though if someone happens to be at L-1 at the time then I obviously won't be a jerk and authorize the modkill to hammer them.

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #329 on: May 10, 2011, 01:02:02 PM »
@Gumshoe:

Quote from: Chitose
switched to Prinny due to active lurking too

I meant due to Prinny active lurking; I never meant to say that my Prinny vote was bad.

There's nothing more that I can say other than the fact that you were apart of everyone on D1,  and that I was on Prinny not just because he was a bad lurker, but because he stood to have the least ability to contribute on later days due to his unoriginality and active lurking, and thus, it could be hard on later days to discern his alignment.  There is also, to me, not much sense to picking who is 'scummy' at a time where there are no bandwagon flips; many questionable things can be left to later days where bandwagons can be evaluated and their alignments divined; I would rather pick a person who has had no evidence of any ability to evaluate anything in an original way, so that he may be less of a headache on later days.

Also, I am interested to learn how I am supposed to pressure a person who wasn't there, and had only a Prinny vote to his name.  The above is why I voted CATS yesterday rather than everyone who seemed to be posting useful content; I wanted him lynched the most on D1 (which I wasn't available very much for) so that he may not cause headaches as he is doing now above, which is merely a restatement of all that has happened yesterday.  Accusing me of not giving a very accurate tab of my opinions through D1 is fair, but asking me to pressure the non-existent CATS sounds silly.

Also, anything can be reduced to 'bad D1' if you feel like it.  I did say more than that.

---

@Light:

A fair and good explanation, which I can't really deny, making that point about Kyon a little more significant.  Nothing more that I can say; I find your clears of Mai without analysis a little unsettling and your D1 and early D2 atrocious, but there's a sense of you shaping up in #319, which shows evidence of going beyond the surface of things (when answering Cage), which I appreciate.  Perhaps my vote on you is a little premature.

##Unvote

---

@Kyon:

Just a coincidence, I suppose, which I can't really substantiate (perhaps it was subconscious).  The essence that I liked Sailor Moon's post is there though.

The questions you ask are pretty much the only interesting things about you, by the way, and I wish you would solidify the answers you get into divining their definite positions on your scumdar.  Going on and on about the Comedian's D1 thing when most people have disagreed with you is not very good, and going for the repeated lurker prods and easier targets with many of the most valid but mundane reasons still feels lazy and unoriginal.

---

@Mai:

I'll drop the Gumshoe thing, since it seems to look differently from my point of view, but there seems to be a disturbing sense of you viewing scum in terms of black and white instead of grey and darker shades of grey, which I can't ignore.  I find that I'm not liking the way you are chasing after Sailor Moon repeatedly and shoehorning your rhetoric since the start of D2 regarding her while ignoring everyone else and their posts since D2, from somewhat similar but less polarizing people like Annonymous and Light to content posters.  Yes, Sailor Moon seems a little worse now, and your reasons for her lynch are... somewhat correct coming into D2, but merely talking about one person seems like a scum thing to do.  I would like, if possible, comparisons between two likely scum more than mere statements on one person, to better ascertain your stance on recent happenings.

##Vote: Mai