Author Topic: Mafia History Mafia - Game Over  (Read 74033 times)

Punch Hopper

• Punch Hopper
Re: Mafia History Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #180 on: May 07, 2011, 07:24:04 PM »
Sailor moon wagon has been unjustified. Light, Kyon, Anon, Prinny.
All leap on borrowing reasons. Continue Observation must it does.

Prinny has was not improvement. Wish still lynch. Sadly easy case are made yet information are substantial.

Frusterations as John Cage. Game decipher work very hard, and John gives effort none. Lynch is waste, and so is living. All mods and players wish respect of effort needing to play.

Agree on Kyon are wishy-washy. Early case is bad on comedian, and also guilty for hopping wagon is mentioning above. If lynch are Kyon, feels many deserved.

Remain vote Prinny. Maybe switch Kyon is desiring of city.

« Reply #181 on: May 07, 2011, 07:48:08 PM »
Gumshoe
R, right, miss Mai never voted Kyon, which means he did just respond without needing a prod.
Kyon reacted just fine.
Mai didn't need to vote him to react.
Do you feel there's good reason to suspect Mai and Kyon are pulling a scum gambit where Mai quickly declares Kyon town?
Please answer the question.
##Unvote
I, I don't think I'll get my Gumshoe lynch today, s, so...
##Vote: Light Yagami
Anyway. Moon looks bad, but I can't quite tell yet whether it's derp bad or derp scummy bad. In any case, I do not like the fear oozing from her posts and the same goes for her flawed speculative reasoning. I would probably give a pass to either, but both taken together... no. Actually, scratch that. She's most likely scum.
"I'm not sure she's scum" i, isn't a good reason to jump on a bandwagon.
T, try perfecting the art of bandwagon hopping before doing it, because it looks bad r, right now.
W, why is fear a scummy trait, and why does it make the bad reasoning scummy enough to convince you she's scum instead of derp?

Sasword

• Sasword
« Reply #182 on: May 07, 2011, 07:50:43 PM »
Whim, what are your opinions on the most likely lynches today? As far as I'm aware, you have not said very much about your stances on them at all, which is somewhat unnerving because it will give us less of your opinions to work with after a flip.

« Reply #183 on: May 07, 2011, 08:05:31 PM »
P, prinny is bad, but he s, smells more of a newbie than he is given credit for.
While not voting and not contributing to town discussion is scummy, the o, obvious way in which this is done while providing minimal a, assistance doesn't sound like a calculated s, scum move.
It'd be very gutsy.

I want to lynch Sailor Moon for the first paragraph in this post: http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,9391.msg625774.html#msg625774
Because she y, yammers too much.
B, but that's not scummy, so I can't vote her for it.
What I would vote her for if she was not being voted so much already is the p, part where she talks about the Kyon business here: http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,9391.msg625202.html#msg625202
H, however, instead of picking a s, side, she parks her vote on an easy target.
She talks about how all three are scummy, b, but places her vote on Prinny to prod him into making a case.
And after all that's happened, I, I'm still not sure if she wants to lynch Prinny for being scummy, or is parking her vote there.

L, Light's bandwagon hop is r, really bad though.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #184 on: May 07, 2011, 09:27:16 PM »
Protoman did already say he thinks Monoe is a virus but has no proof. Protoman does not expect other Navis to understand his digital feelings or vote with them. Protoman thinks Monoe sounds like someone rigid. Protoman is sorry you just feel that way. Protoman will figure it out later. Besides, Protoman already feels sad and alone on one wagon.

Protoman wants to know what Mai thinks of Sailor Moon's biggest post and if she still thinks Sailor Moon is a defensive virus instead of someone who does not understand proper virus hunting technique. If she thinks there are at least two viruses hunting for penguin hats she should say which ones. Blanket statements do not help virus hunting.

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #185 on: May 07, 2011, 09:44:22 PM »
A little more than 90 minutes to go. Prinny is still at L-3.

Sorry for not complete votecounts, I didn't think I would be out this long.
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #186 on: May 07, 2011, 10:56:47 PM »
Protoman can hear his steps echo if he walks loud enough. It sure would be nice if that Prinny bothered to stop by and claim. Protoman doesn't like quiet deletions. Protoman doesn't like quiet Prinnies either but still.

« Reply #187 on: May 07, 2011, 10:58:20 PM »
I want to lynch Sailor Moon for the first paragraph in this post: http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,9391.msg625774.html#msg625774
Because she y, yammers too much.
B, but that's not scummy, so I can't vote her for it.
What I would vote her for if she was not being voted so much already is the p, part where she talks about the Kyon business here[...]
So you'd vote her, but you do not want her lynched? At the point you switched to me, you said it was because you were sure you couldn't get Gumshoe lynched today. However, at that point, there were no other votes on me, so I fail to see how that works.
The two main wagons are currently Sailor Moon and Prinny. Apparently, you'd prefer to see Moon lynched over Prinny, so where's your vote on her?

W, why is fear a scummy trait, and why does it make the bad reasoning scummy enough to convince you she's scum instead of derp?
Fear by itself is not necessarily a scummy trait - but when there's other things that point towards scumminess, it gives them more weight, because it can easily be scummy.
And it's not just bad reasoning, it's bad speculative reasoning. Taken together, it feels much more like "derp scum in fear of being found out" than "derp town fucking up".
Then there's the other points about her that already been made.

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #188 on: May 07, 2011, 11:09:57 PM »
Urg, taking me to long to catch up from Moon first real post and I don't think I'll be able to make it dood. So I can just say this, dood.

Kyon, what's with that jump? Moon is trying now so you fine with that dood? Trying does not excuse you from being scum, dood.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #189 on: May 07, 2011, 11:11:52 PM »
Less than 10 minutes remaining!
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #190 on: May 07, 2011, 11:12:14 PM »
When I said I wasn't getting my Gumshoe lynch, it meant I intended to look at others instead of holding on to Gumshoe.
My vote on Sailor Moon is absent because I will be around for a while longer and can switch vote easily still.
I understand where you come from, though, and I will withhold pursuing other things for now in favour of the lynch majority.
##Unvote
##Vote: Sailor Moon

I still think your vote was a blatant bandwagon hop for weak reasoning: I still think it's a cop-out to say she could easily be derptown, but you think she's derpscum and then vote her for it.
Since your other reason is "points about her that already been made", I'm still unhappy with my company for voting.
Still.

One other thing: http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,9391.msg626076.html#msg626076
Comedian.
Why stick to a Kyon vote while cheerleading the Prinny wagon?

« Reply #191 on: May 07, 2011, 11:12:54 PM »
A, and then it shows I can't tell time and deadline was closer upon us than I t, thought.
M, miss Liliane, I can explain!
D, d, don't hurt me!

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #192 on: May 07, 2011, 11:13:16 PM »
Penguin. Claim. Now.

OOO

• Taka! Kujaku! Condor!
  • TaJaDor
« Reply #193 on: May 07, 2011, 11:15:17 PM »
Because I thought the wagons weren't so close.  Would prefer Kyon, but since there's no chance of that now:

##Unvote
##Vote Prinny

Ouja

• Ouja
« Reply #194 on: May 07, 2011, 11:15:54 PM »
Nice.  I like all of this support, mainly from Light and Whim.  We need some more opinions before you get a flip to run off with without saying anything, and Whim appears to have placed a bit of a chainsaw defense on Kyon...

Ah well I think I'm going to turn into the fucking lynch if someone doesn't come so claiming.
Vanilla Townie!

Hrrn 10 minutes...
I'm just going to poke that we need to pursue Kyon, Whim, Prinny, and Protoman tomorrow.  Light too since he don't say anything and FUCK if Anonymous and CCCombo Breaker would play... That's it!  I'm surrounded by scum.

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #195 on: May 07, 2011, 11:16:35 PM »
What dood? Well, I guess you could say I explode, that's what we prinnys do you know, dood.

« Reply #196 on: May 07, 2011, 11:17:27 PM »
That's not a chainsaw defence.
That's asking for a clarification, and accusing Comedian of cheerleading a wagon without participating in it.
And invoking OMGUS on everyone who's voted you doesn't help your standing, even if you make it through today.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #197 on: May 07, 2011, 11:18:29 PM »
Dick Gumshoe (1): Anonymous, Whim
Sailor Moon (5): Mr. Crocker, Anonymous, Mai Tokiha, Monoe, Protoman.EXE, Light Yagami, Kyon, Prinny, Whim
Protoman.EXE (0): Kyon
Anonymous (0): Protoman.EXE, Sailor Moon, The Comedian
Light Yagami (0): Mai Tokiha, Whim, John Cage, Whim
Prinny (7): Light Yagami, CATS, Protoman.EXE, Sailor Moon, Mr. Crocker, Kyon, Chitose Karasuma, John Cage, The Comedian
Kyon (2): Sailor Moon, The Comedian, Dick Gumshoe, Monoe
Mai Tokiha (0): Monoe
Monoe (0): Protoman.EXE, Prinny, John Cage
The Comedian (0): Kyon
CATS (0): Chitose Karasuma
John Cage (1): Protoman.EXE

No vote: C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER

With 16 alive, it takes 9 votes to lynch. You have about 2 minutes remaining in the day!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 11:33:15 PM by Kilgamayan »

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #198 on: May 07, 2011, 11:18:55 PM »
Posting between deadline and votecount.

Ouja

• Ouja
« Reply #199 on: May 07, 2011, 11:19:22 PM »
Oh!  That's what I'm doing?  Well that's going to be a nice point to pursue tomorrow since the only two people you've really talked about are me and gumshoe... Sigh.

Skull

• Skull
« Reply #200 on: May 07, 2011, 11:19:57 PM »
Well, guess Kyon ain't happening. In that case:

##Unvote
##Toss Vote: Prinny

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #201 on: May 07, 2011, 11:20:20 PM »
Sailor Moon claimed because why? You're two votes away from being a lynch. Protoman doesn't like when people steal his lines about being surrounded by viruses. Be a good Navi and revote for Prinny would you?

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #202 on: May 07, 2011, 11:20:40 PM »
Prinny is at L-1!

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #203 on: May 07, 2011, 11:21:07 PM »
DEADLINE SHUT UP

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #204 on: May 07, 2011, 11:26:04 PM »
Final Day 1 Votecount

Dick Gumshoe (0): Anonymous, Whim
Sailor Moon (5): Mr. Crocker, Anonymous, Mai Tokiha, Monoe, Protoman.EXE, Light Yagami, Kyon, Prinny, Whim
Protoman.EXE (0): Kyon
Anonymous (0): Protoman.EXE, Sailor Moon, The Comedian
Light Yagami (0): Mai Tokiha, Whim, John Cage, Whim
Prinny (8): Light Yagami, CATS, Protoman.EXE, Sailor Moon, Mr. Crocker, Kyon, Chitose Karasuma, John Cage, The Comedian, Dick Gumshoe
Kyon (1): Sailor Moon, The Comedian, Dick Gumshoe, Monoe
Mai Tokiha (0): Monoe
Monoe (0): Protoman.EXE, Prinny, John Cage
The Comedian (0): Kyon
CATS (0): Chitose Karasuma
John Cage (1): Protoman.EXE

No vote: C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER

Prinny the Vanilla Townie, with the power to do nothing special, was deadline tossed!

It is now Night 1. All roles with night actions have 24 hours to send them in.

Important notes:

- Combo Breaker is officially on my Not Happy List. There will be far less inactivity leniency in the future.
- Dick Gumshoe has requested replacement. If you are following this game and interested in taking part, please let me know in private. First come, first serve, but don't ask to play if you can't make the commitment.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 11:33:06 PM by Kilgamayan »

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
Re: Mafia History Mafia - Night 1
« Reply #205 on: May 08, 2011, 12:28:45 AM »
Ugh, SERIOUSLY? I missed fucking deadline because lol busy? AND Prinny flipped town? God dammit. I guess I'm going to HAVE to spend the night rereading the game. I'll try not to get a headache. Expect something either tonight or tomorrow morningish.

And yes, I can post at night so THERE.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #206 on: May 08, 2011, 01:51:16 AM »
Replacements have been found for Dick Gumshoe. Yes, you read that right. Not generally happy about using a hydra (especially since I denied one in the original signups) but this one is kinda forced due to the nature of who is involved.

Substitution is no longer an issue. Carry on your wayward sons business as normal.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 01:54:05 AM by Kilgamayan »

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #207 on: May 08, 2011, 02:33:08 PM »
All right, time to read this clusterfuck of a game and try not to post a million words doing so.

Hmmm...the thing I immediately notice is that it feels a lot like Kyon is...hanging back, being reserved. He's commenting on the game but...not in a manner that indicates he has reads. This is page 2, but I'm keeping an eye out.

By page 3 I'm REALLY liking Monoe as town, though I disagree on Sailor Moon.

Protoman...looks good on the surface but...he's been more or less going down the chain of "Things Townies Get Attacked For" pretty rapidly...I'm not sure I like that. Granted, Prinny was pretty terrible, but that hot on the heels of a vote for Monoe, who was also a somewhat easy target until she defended?

Kyon's page three behavior is...confusing. I just read page 2. I didn't see any case. Page three doesn't really elucidate this either, yet he's acting as if Protoman has something to respond to...

And...Kyon makes an unexplained vote on The Comedian, who actually voted Kyon fairly reasonably. It's going to go downhill from here, isn't it?

Chitose's vote is honestly atrocious.

Kyon's later stated reasoning on The Comedian doesn't really stand up to the smell test, honestly.

Anyway, becoming less convinced of Protoman scum. A few easy votes, but he's definitely throwing out a lot of data in his fight against Kyon, and it comes off as from a pro town spot.

Protoman apparently misses the part where Sailor Moon throws suspicion on Prinny. I didn't get any impression of disingenuous voting, outside of the fact she MIGHT have been trying to avoid having to truly defend her reads and picked the easiest target of her four.

Also, if it's not clear I'm getting a frustrated townie vibe from Sailor Moon.

I read that sarcastically, Mai. Perhaps I was wrong? (Sailor Moon's appeasement line)

Chitose's second post is significantly better! She's saying a lot of what I'm thinking and I like it! Man, I wish I hadn't skipped page four before! The only problem is she's still voting CATS for ???...perhaps Profit!?

Mai, the thing is, he's voting Kyon, and pointing out odd things about you. Also, you kind of said earlier that he was setting up your lynch if Kyon flipped *town*. Now it's if Kyon flips *scum*?

Protoman...has a really good point about Gumshoe. I missed the Too town to be Town thing. That's a bit :V, there.

Oh, hey, my horribad post. Page 4 would have really clarified things. Oh, Light is still bad, he just hasn't posted so I haven't been able to mention him.

Monoe...am I Seccom Masada sensei? Because I had no idea what you were talking about when I first read that. And thusly, another point for ~*~flavor~*~ being anti town when it gets in the way of clarity. Anyway, it was in that post. It felt like you were emulating Mai. Changed my mind on that though.

Light manages to make himself worse by derping onto the biggest wagon. GOOD SHOW! Light's next post is the next one that stands out and it's still bad.

Hmm, I need to answer Prinny's question since I think I missed it. I failed to notice. Light stood out because I saw him being mentioned and him proceeding with joke voting. His later posts didn't really assuage my scum read of him.

Crocker enters the game smashingly well, honestly.

Monoe, sorry about that, hope this makes it up. I was in a tough spot during the day. I'm a lot more free now.

Anonymous has reporter style down to a science.

Meh, at this point you're acceptable, Protoman. You incorrectly reacted to my apathy. I took it the wrong way.

Your next post about Moon comes from a townie spot. I let myself get caught up in stupid things.

CHITOSE QUIT READAN MY FUCKIN' MIND! And, yeah, let's lynch Kyon today :P.

Protoman and I generate noise for a few posts...

The Comedian: More or less right. It was a huge error on my part. Interesting take on Light though...could you elaborate about the lack of scum intent?

All right...caught up. I apologize for the verbosity of this post and stream of consciousness nature of it. I'll post it just for the sake of having it out there, and then post a tl;dr post as best I can. A lot happened D1.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #208 on: May 08, 2011, 02:36:46 PM »
Holy shit that was longer than I thought

tl;dr

Kyon is scum. He dies tomorrow. He's spent the entire day hanging back and poking people in ways disingenuous with his voting. His reasoning for voting The Comedian in particular reads terribly. He doesn't really actively contribute anything to the town, and his passiveness makes my spleen bleed.

Protoman is town, I was a being an idiot. Monoe is still town though.

Light is scum for basically never taking a strong stance ever. Except MAYBE in his last post. There was a lot more out there. Hell, I skipped the first five pages and I had stronger stances than Light. Not. Acceptable.

I don't really have a third or fourth scum at this time. I do have a lot of town reads and a couple null reads. I see no reasons to reveal any of them other than the two I have already, though at least two more should be obvious from my stream of consciousness post. I expect when Kyon dies tomorrow, we'll be able to solve more scum from his dead body.

I'm ready to enter D2 at full force.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #209 on: May 08, 2011, 11:51:23 PM »
Whim the Vanilla Townie, with the p-power to d-do n-nothing special, w-was k-killed over n-night!

It is now Day 2. Day >1 rules are now in effect. You have 72 hours to vote. Good luck!

After careful deliberation, I have reduced Combo Breaker's time to respond to inactivity prods to 12 hours. Lesson for the rest of you: Do not get on my Not Happy List.