Author Topic: Iku Quest Che'tyrnadsat: A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 54097 times)

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Iku Quest Che'tyrnadsat: A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #720 on: May 14, 2011, 04:47:59 AM »
> "I must say, this is an odd turnaround from yesterday, when you looked the other way on harboring her."
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #721 on: May 14, 2011, 04:52:24 AM »
> "I must say, this is an odd turnaround from yesterday, when you looked the other way on harboring her."

>"Yesterday I didn't know you were getting even," says Mystia.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #722 on: May 14, 2011, 04:55:59 AM »
> "I suppose those that have been here longer will hold a different opinion on the matter than Miss Usami."

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #723 on: May 14, 2011, 05:00:11 AM »
> "I suppose those that have been here longer will hold a different opinion on the matter than Miss Usami."

>Mystia shrugs. "She's probably not known it's happened yet. Regardless, I don't care what she thinks. This is personal. You get that tengu good for all of us."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #724 on: May 14, 2011, 05:07:52 AM »
> "She's been told it happens. It just has not happened to her yet. At least, not to her knowledge. I expect her opinion will change over time."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #725 on: May 14, 2011, 05:12:17 AM »
> "She's been told it happens. It just has not happened to her yet. At least, not to her knowledge. I expect her opinion will change over time."

>Mystia nods.
>"So, have you refined the plan any?" says Nue.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #726 on: May 14, 2011, 05:20:25 AM »
> "Not yet. I could not talk with Miss Inubashiri for long, as she had her fellow patrolwomen there with her. It would have been awkward to talk about Miss Shameimaru with them around."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #727 on: May 14, 2011, 05:39:25 AM »
> "Not yet. I could not talk with Miss Inubashiri for long, as she had her fellow patrolwomen there with her. It would have been awkward to talk about Miss Shameimaru with them around."

>Nue nods. "Fair enough. I've been keeping out of sight, so no time to look around."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #728 on: May 14, 2011, 05:56:19 AM »
> "Once she arrives, I think we'll be able to organize more effectively."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #729 on: May 14, 2011, 06:07:44 AM »
> "Once she arrives, I think we'll be able to organize more effectively."

>You hear someone land in the leaves outside as you say this. A moment later, Momiji enters the now crowded stand, and says, "Sorry about that, I had to get around that faerie fight up there."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #730 on: May 14, 2011, 06:10:53 AM »
> "Ah, just in time. Welcome. I believe you may be familiar with my contact?"
> Gesture at Nue.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #731 on: May 14, 2011, 06:17:08 AM »
> "Ah, just in time. Welcome. I believe you may be familiar with my contact?"
> Gesture at Nue.

>"Oh," says Momiji. "Hello Hatate."
>Nue just smiles and gives a little wave.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #732 on: May 14, 2011, 06:24:39 AM »
> "Yes, good. To begin, I think it best to give you the details of what is going to happen, as well as why we think it will work. It is predicated on three important aspects of Miss Shameimaru: her disdain for our friend here, her drive to get a complete story, and her loathing-bordering-on-fear of the idea of returning to incarceration. These all need to be exploited to overcome her keen senses and awareness, enabling a picture to be possible."
> "I recently gave Miss Shameimaru an interview as to what happened to my home over the past two days, but I explicitly left all details about the culprit out, as the one responsible for my home's fall desires complete privacy and anonymity. Now, our friend here actually has seen the culprit for herself. Can you imagine what Miss Shameimaru's reaction would be if she learns that, of all the people to have obtained one of the most crucial details to one of the largest stories in recent memory, a detail she herself was directly denied, it would be Miss Himekaidou?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #733 on: May 14, 2011, 07:17:17 AM »
> "Yes, good. To begin, I think it best to give you the details of what is going to happen, as well as why we think it will work. It is predicated on three important aspects of Miss Shameimaru: her disdain for our friend here, her drive to get a complete story, and her loathing-bordering-on-fear of the idea of returning to incarceration. These all need to be exploited to overcome her keen senses and awareness, enabling a picture to be possible."
> "I recently gave Miss Shameimaru an interview as to what happened to my home over the past two days, but I explicitly left all details about the culprit out, as the one responsible for my home's fall desires complete privacy and anonymity. Now, our friend here actually has seen the culprit for herself. Can you imagine what Miss Shameimaru's reaction would be if she learns that, of all the people to have obtained one of the most crucial details to one of the largest stories in recent memory, a detail she herself was directly denied, it would be Miss Himekaidou?"

>Momiji nods. "Yeah, she would be pretty angry."
>"You're not gonna tell her, are you?" says Nue, in a low and obviously affected kind of voice.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #734 on: May 14, 2011, 02:46:43 PM »
> Look toward Nue and give a small smirk.
> "Indeed. And with a taunt or two thrown in about being unable to wait to see Miss Shameimaru returned to jail, I expect Miss Shameimaru will be sufficiently agitated to focus on other things."
> Look back at Momizi and put on a normal expression.
> "Now, this will all take place around Kourindou, where Miss Shameimaru and I have planned to meet. I will let it slip that our contact here must be heading to this lamprey stand, due to knowing where my friend is. Between anger at Miss Himekaidou and the chance of seeing my friend, I think that will be enough to lure her here, where you will be hiding in wait."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #735 on: May 14, 2011, 04:40:06 PM »
> Look toward Nue and give a small smirk.
> "Indeed. And with a taunt or two thrown in about being unable to wait to see Miss Shameimaru returned to jail, I expect Miss Shameimaru will be sufficiently agitated to focus on other things."
> Look back at Momizi and put on a normal expression.
> "Now, this will all take place around Kourindou, where Miss Shameimaru and I have planned to meet. I will let it slip that our contact here must be heading to this lamprey stand, due to knowing where my friend is. Between anger at Miss Himekaidou and the chance of seeing my friend, I think that will be enough to lure her here, where you will be hiding in wait."

>Momiji nods. "I'll do my best."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #736 on: May 14, 2011, 04:46:39 PM »
> "Excellent. Now, when we actually arrive here, I expect to have a distraction provided that will get Miss Shameimaru's line of sight away from this stand and out into the forest. I will be contacting my friend to have them make some noise in the forest. Hopefully, believing my friend to be in this area because Miss Himekaidou is also in this area will be enough to grab Miss Shameimaru's attention completely toward the noise. And while I am thinking about it..."
> Turn to Mystia.
> "Miss Lorelei, when Miss Shameimaru arrives, acting however she will be acting at the time, could you possibly inquire as to her activities? Perhaps you are curious about the story of Bhava-Agra's fall, or the culprit behind it. If you keep her occupied toward answering questions and away from searching long enough until after I arrive, that would help tremendously."
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 04:50:56 PM by Kilgamayan »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #737 on: May 14, 2011, 05:20:34 PM »
> "Excellent. Now, when we actually arrive here, I expect to have a distraction provided that will get Miss Shameimaru's line of sight away from this stand and out into the forest. I will be contacting my friend to have them make some noise in the forest. Hopefully, believing my friend to be in this area because Miss Himekaidou is also in this area will be enough to grab Miss Shameimaru's attention completely toward the noise. And while I am thinking about it..."
> Turn to Mystia.
> "Miss Lorelei, when Miss Shameimaru arrives, acting however she will be acting at the time, could you possibly inquire as to her activities? Perhaps you are curious about the story of Bhava-Agra's fall, or the culprit behind it. If you keep her occupied toward answering questions and away from searching long enough until after I arrive, that would help tremendously."

>"I'll see what I can do," says Mystia.
>"If I play my cards right," Nue says, "She'll be way too busy being upset to worry about questions."
>Momiji frowns, first at Nue, then toward you. "Why not have that other person waiting here?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #738 on: May 14, 2011, 05:23:23 PM »
> "Because they are currently stationed near Kourindou as well, and would be nigh impossible to contact without entering Miss Shameimaru's notice first. Sadly, focusing our efforts at this stand did not occur to me until after my last conversation with them."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #739 on: May 14, 2011, 06:50:13 PM »
> "Because they are currently stationed near Kourindou as well, and would be nigh impossible to contact without entering Miss Shameimaru's notice first. Sadly, focusing our efforts at this stand did not occur to me until after my last conversation with them."

>Momiji nods. "Well, okay."
>"What I'm going to try to do is lead her through the woods," says Nue. "Hopefully that'll buy you a little time."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #740 on: May 14, 2011, 07:03:47 PM »
> Is Nue using her normal voice?
> "That should work. My friend is likely to work their way through the woods on foot as well, since the open air provides no cover. That will give them a chance to keep pace and reduce the amount of time we stand here treading water."
> Turn back to Momizi.
> "Now, once we all get here, and Aya is distracted away from looking at this stand by a handful of things, we'll be counting on you to be able to sneak out from behind it and getting behind her with the camera without her noticing. I have assumed you have had some sort of stealth training purely due to your position in tengu society, and I know you know how to operate the camera fairly well. Better than most, to be sure."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #741 on: May 14, 2011, 07:14:49 PM »
> Is Nue using her normal voice?
> "That should work. My friend is likely to work their way through the woods on foot as well, since the open air provides no cover. That will give them a chance to keep pace and reduce the amount of time we stand here treading water."
> Turn back to Momizi.
> "Now, once we all get here, and Aya is distracted away from looking at this stand by a handful of things, we'll be counting on you to be able to sneak out from behind it and getting behind her with the camera without her noticing. I have assumed you have had some sort of stealth training purely due to your position in tengu society, and I know you know how to operate the camera fairly well. Better than most, to be sure."

>She is. Momiji is frowning at her again.
>"...Why would i have stealth training?" says Momiji, looking at you. "I'm a guard, not an assassin... But, I can try to get her once she's distracted."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #742 on: May 14, 2011, 07:35:40 PM »
> "Oh. Forgive my presumptuousness, then."
> Take out the camera and offer it to Momizi.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #743 on: May 14, 2011, 07:44:31 PM »
> "Oh. Forgive my presumptuousness, then."
> Take out the camera and offer it to Momizi.

>You give Momiji the camera. She takes it and examines it. "Alright, I'll be ready."
>She looks over toward the stand's owner. "Mystia, would you mind it I hid behind the stand?"
>"You could hide down my dress, if it gets that creep a taste of her own medicine," says Mystia.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #744 on: May 14, 2011, 08:29:54 PM »
> Smile and turn to Nue.
> "I think this was a better focal location that we could have initially guessed."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #745 on: May 14, 2011, 08:45:45 PM »
> Smile and turn to Nue.
> "I think this was a better focal location that we could have initially guessed."

>Nue nods. "So, do you want to talk with Aya first? Or shall I do my thing as soon as we're done here?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #746 on: May 14, 2011, 08:51:22 PM »
> "I think it would be best if I went ahead first, as there is a chance she will decide to wait for me in favor of following you. I also believe I can set her agitation up by talking about what I have learned from Lord Tenma and the Yama recently. You should follow soon behind me, but not so close that you look like you are actually with me."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #747 on: May 14, 2011, 09:02:03 PM »
> "I think it would be best if I went ahead first, as there is a chance she will decide to wait for me in favor of following you. I also believe I can set her agitation up by talking about what I have learned from Lord Tenma and the Yama recently. You should follow soon behind me, but not so close that you look like you are actually with me."

>"Of course," says Nue. "Momiji and I will figure out the best place to lead her, while you're gone."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #748 on: May 14, 2011, 09:18:24 PM »
> Nod.
> "I think that will do, then. I cannot think of anything we have not covered off the top of my head."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #749 on: May 14, 2011, 09:25:20 PM »
> Nod.
> "I think that will do, then. I cannot think of anything we have not covered off the top of my head."

>Nue nods. "Alright then. I'll be following in just a bit."

>_