Author Topic: Iku Quest Che'tyrnadsat: A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 54160 times)

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Iku Quest Che'tyrnadsat: A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #420 on: May 08, 2011, 05:49:08 AM »
> Enter and follow!
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #421 on: May 08, 2011, 06:07:54 AM »
> Enter and follow!

>The Tengu leads you inside, and quickly turns off down a hall you don't recognize. Soon you are lead outside a door, where the tengu knocks twice. After a minute, the paper door slides open and you are ushered inside by another tengu in robes. The sitting room is richly appointed with furniture whose wooden frames have been inlaid with precious metals and beautiful ink paintings cover the paper walls. A large box sits a bit off from the center of the room, holding a few glowing coals that gives the room a lovely warmth after being out in the chilly air. The southern part of the room is open, from which a lovely courtyard can be seen. A large white horse grazes idly there.
>A paper screen, adorned with carp leaping up waterfalls, is set in the middle of the room and  practically divides it in half. You are led to a seat near it, facing toward the field, and gestured to have a seat by the attendant
>"Hello Messenger," comes the voice of Lord Tenma from the other side of the screen. "How are you? I'm fine."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #422 on: May 08, 2011, 11:39:12 AM »
> Have a seat as indicated.
> "I fare better than at our last meeting. Thank you for asking. I have had a talk with the Yama, and she was quite reasonable about the entire situation. I have here a document from her addressed to you; if my conversation with her was any indication, I believe you should be pleased with the contents."
> Pull out the Yama's document and offer it to the attendant.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #423 on: May 08, 2011, 03:21:53 PM »
> Have a seat as indicated.
> "I fare better than at our last meeting. Thank you for asking. I have had a talk with the Yama, and she was quite reasonable about the entire situation. I have here a document from her addressed to you; if my conversation with her was any indication, I believe you should be pleased with the contents."
> Pull out the Yama's document and offer it to the attendant.

>You have a seat, and find yourself quite relieved to have a chance to rest.
>You give a brief explanation and hand the document to the attendant, and find yourself exchanging it for a cup of tea. The attendant then walks around the screen.
>You hear Lord Tenma unroll the paper, and can just see his silhouette through the screen. "Interesting," he says at length.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #424 on: May 08, 2011, 03:37:49 PM »
> Sip.
> "I have not seen the exact contents of that message for myself, but based on my conversation with the Yama, it would appear the decision of what to do with Miss Shameimaru is indeed squarely in your control."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #425 on: May 08, 2011, 04:10:28 PM »
> Sip.
> "I have not seen the exact contents of that message for myself, but based on my conversation with the Yama, it would appear the decision of what to do with Miss Shameimaru is indeed squarely in your control."

>"Now I must decide what to do with her. Hmm." says Lord Tenma.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #426 on: May 08, 2011, 04:15:40 PM »
> "...I realize this may not necessarily be my place, but may I offer a potential solution?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #427 on: May 08, 2011, 04:22:34 PM »
> "...I realize this may not necessarily be my place, but may I offer a potential solution?"

>"You may offer anything you please, Messenger," says Lord Tenma. "Who am I to turn down such gifts?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #428 on: May 08, 2011, 04:34:33 PM »
> Nod.
> "Thank you."
> "One of the things the Yama mentioned to me was a part of the reason for Miss Shameimaru's initial incarceration that I had not heard before from anyone else. I learned that she had tricked the Yama into appearing in Gensokyo by planting a lie about Lady Hijiri in Miss Onozuka's ear, to suggest Lady Hijiri was an incident that required the Yama's presence to solve. Now, Lady Hijiri may or may not have ever heard her name was used in such a manner, but I wonder, perhaps, if part of Miss Shameimaru's sentence could contain community service, where she works at Lady Hijiri's request and command for a duration of time you deem fit."
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 04:36:28 PM by Kilgamayan »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #429 on: May 08, 2011, 04:47:24 PM »
> Nod.
> "Thank you."
> "One of the things the Yama mentioned to me was a part of the reason for Miss Shameimaru's initial incarceration that I had not heard before from anyone else. I learned that she had tricked the Yama into appearing in Gensokyo by planting a lie about Lady Hijiri in Miss Onozuka's ear, to suggest Lady Hijiri was an incident that required the Yama's presence to solve. Now, Lady Hijiri may or may not have ever heard her name was used in such a manner, but I wonder, perhaps, if part of Miss Shameimaru's sentence could contain community service, where she works at Lady Hijiri's request and command for a duration of time you deem fit."

>"Hmm," says Lord Tenma. "Perhaps so."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #430 on: May 08, 2011, 04:53:47 PM »
> "Of course, Lady Hijiri is not the only one she has wronged in her...adventures in incarceration, shall we say. The disrespect she has shown you must also be taken into account, to some degree."
> "My suggestion would therefore be as follows: Miss Shameimaru is to return to prison for, say, one or two more months. After that, what time would normally remain on her sentence will instead be devoted to helping Lady Hijiri, most likely by assisting the construction of the Myouren Temple. Should she disobey Lady Hijiri, otherwise offend any member of the Myouren Temple, or make a nuisance of herself in the surrounding village in such a way where Lady Hijiri is dissatisfied with her behavior, she would return to prison to serve the remainder of her sentence there."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #431 on: May 08, 2011, 05:01:03 PM »
> "Of course, Lady Hijiri is not the only one she has wronged in her...adventures in incarceration, shall we say. The disrespect she has shown you must also be taken into account, to some degree."
> "My suggestion would therefore be as follows: Miss Shameimaru is to return to prison for, say, one or two more months. After that, what time would normally remain on her sentence will instead be devoted to helping Lady Hijiri, most likely by assisting the construction of the Myouren Temple. Should she disobey Lady Hijiri, otherwise offend any member of the Myouren Temple, or make a nuisance of herself in the surrounding village in such a way where Lady Hijiri is dissatisfied with her behavior, she would return to prison to serve the remainder of her sentence there."

>"This seems like a good place to start," says Lord Tenma. "Assuming, of course, that she does return in a timely manner."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #432 on: May 08, 2011, 05:04:11 PM »
> "Our business is very nearly concluded. I suspect she will return later today."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #433 on: May 08, 2011, 05:25:39 PM »
> "Our business is very nearly concluded. I suspect she will return later today."

>"Very good," says Lord Tenma.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #434 on: May 08, 2011, 05:29:49 PM »
> "If I may ask, what other action do you feel appropriate?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #435 on: May 08, 2011, 05:51:09 PM »
> "If I may ask, what other action do you feel appropriate?"

>"I had not decided yet," says Lord Tenma.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #436 on: May 08, 2011, 05:54:39 PM »
> Nod.
> "Ah, I just remembered. While you are thinking about it, may I divert from Miss Shameimaru a little bit and ask what the punishment for successful trespassing on tengu land is?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #437 on: May 08, 2011, 06:06:54 PM »
> Nod.
> "Ah, I just remembered. While you are thinking about it, may I divert from Miss Shameimaru a little bit and ask what the punishment for successful trespassing on tengu land is?"

>"Normally, they are beaten until they leave our lands," says Lord Tenma. "But in the case of the person you are no doubt inquiring, she would spend some time in prison."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #438 on: May 08, 2011, 06:11:39 PM »
> "Oh...I see..."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #439 on: May 08, 2011, 06:15:53 PM »
> "Oh...I see..."

>"Is that disappointment I hear in your voice, like a kitten trying to hide behind a small object?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #440 on: May 08, 2011, 06:19:18 PM »
> "...I had resolved to take the punishment for her trespassing in her place, should it be something that requires self-exposure on her part."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #441 on: May 08, 2011, 06:33:44 PM »
> "...I had resolved to take the punishment for her trespassing in her place, should it be something that requires self-exposure on her part."

>"Why would you do such a thing?" says Lord Tenma.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #442 on: May 08, 2011, 06:38:59 PM »
> "Because she is my friend, and because self-exposure is an intolerable thing to her. It is the most depraved of acts, practically on par with death in terms of undesirability. It is why she worked so hard to not be seen by your patrols."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #443 on: May 08, 2011, 06:58:39 PM »
> "Because she is my friend, and because self-exposure is an intolerable thing to her. It is the most depraved of acts, practically on par with death in terms of undesirability. It is why she worked so hard to not be seen by your patrols."

>"You seem to be full of ideas today," says Lord Tenma. "What would you have done, instead?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #444 on: May 08, 2011, 07:10:13 PM »
> "That is a bit harder in her case, as she...does not have very many marketable skills, shall we say. It is very likely that, should some service be provided in recompense, it would be better for me to do so simply because I am more likely to actually be able to do so than she is. Now, as for what I could do...I would be glad to put on a show or two for the tengu people, should you deem that equal in value to the committed offense."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #445 on: May 08, 2011, 07:38:30 PM »
> "That is a bit harder in her case, as she...does not have very many marketable skills, shall we say. It is very likely that, should some service be provided in recompense, it would be better for me to do so simply because I am more likely to actually be able to do so than she is. Now, as for what I could do...I would be glad to put on a show or two for the tengu people, should you deem that equal in value to the committed offense."

>"Hmm," says Lord Tenma. "That would admittedly be more useful than having to feed the trespasser. But, it is small problem that the transgressor will get away without any difficulty."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #446 on: May 08, 2011, 07:53:37 PM »
> "This is admittedly true. Mmm...would it be acceptable for me to travel to her and find out what she would be willing to do in recompense in addition to what I have offered, and then report back to you so you may make your decision? I had planned on helping to return Miss Shameimaru to your watch myself anyway."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #447 on: May 08, 2011, 08:01:07 PM »
> "This is admittedly true. Mmm...would it be acceptable for me to travel to her and find out what she would be willing to do in recompense in addition to what I have offered, and then report back to you so you may make your decision? I had planned on helping to return Miss Shameimaru to your watch myself anyway."

>"So you have no ideas at the moment?" says Lord Tenma. "That is disappointing; I am disappointed."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #448 on: May 08, 2011, 08:02:19 PM »
> "Hmm. What needs doing around the village?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #449 on: May 08, 2011, 08:55:56 PM »
> "Hmm. What needs doing around the village?"

>"We are quite self-sufficient, of course," says Lord Tenma. "But the occasional luxury from below is always appreciated."

>_