Author Topic: Iku Quest Che'tyrnadsat: A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 54085 times)

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Iku Quest Che'tyrnadsat: A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #240 on: May 04, 2011, 02:51:58 AM »
> "Because her reputation proceeds her. I know of Miss Himekaidou, but not nearly as well, and before this morning I did not even know where in the village she lived."
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #241 on: May 04, 2011, 03:06:07 AM »
> "Because her reputation proceeds her. I know of Miss Himekaidou, but not nearly as well, and before this morning I did not even know where in the village she lived."

>"And why did you not inquire with me?" he asks. "Am I really so off-putting?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #242 on: May 04, 2011, 03:13:31 AM »
> "No. Not at all. I just...made a rash decision in a hurry. A panicked decision, almost. But it is true that I have no worthwhile excuse for not asking permission first."
> Bow head.
> "I am deeply sorry for this insult to your personage."

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #243 on: May 04, 2011, 03:22:14 AM »
> "No. Not at all. I just...made a rash decision in a hurry. A panicked decision, almost. But it is true that I have no worthwhile excuse for not asking permission first."
> Bow head.
> "I am deeply sorry for this insult to your personage."

>"What were you thinking?" he says. "I would like to know."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #244 on: May 04, 2011, 03:33:12 AM »
> "I was thinking that, if anyone could find the culprit, or at least find information leading to the culprit, she could. I had to do whatever it took to restore my home, after all that had befallen it as a result of the catastrophe...and she was right there."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #245 on: May 04, 2011, 03:38:40 AM »
> "I was thinking that, if anyone could find the culprit, or at least find information leading to the culprit, she could. I had to do whatever it took to restore my home, after all that had befallen it as a result of the catastrophe...and she was right there."

>"And this is everything?" says Tenma.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #246 on: May 04, 2011, 03:47:19 AM »
> "I was also thinking I could keep her in check. As it turned out, that has happened, though not in the way I expected. Once she had finished printing her latest newspaper, she will be about set to return to prison."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #247 on: May 04, 2011, 01:25:46 PM »
> "I was also thinking I could keep her in check. As it turned out, that has happened, though not in the way I expected. Once she had finished printing her latest newspaper, she will be about set to return to prison."

>"Explain," he says.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #248 on: May 04, 2011, 02:10:48 PM »
> "Miss Shameimaru is currently printing a story where I explain the circumstances of my home's fall to the extent to which I am allowed by various other parties that have requested privacy. This story explains that my people were not the ones responsible for my home's fall, which many in Gensokyo initially assumed. In spreading this story, my goal is to restore the trustworthiness of my people...which, if accomplished, will ultimately be worth the price I have paid with my own trustworthiness in letting her free in the first place."
> "Once this story is printed, Miss Shameimaru will provide me instructions on how to travel her delivery route. I have someone prepared to deliver the papers in her place, so she may return to prison with her task complete. Admittedly, she has some misgivings about returning, but she has seen and heard of the stress her escape has caused Miss Inubashiri, who has found her duties as a loyal guard and as a loyal friend to clash. Between her own duties as Miss Inubashiri's friend, and having had the opportunity to write Bhava-Agra's story, she is willing to return to her designated place in prison."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #249 on: May 04, 2011, 02:51:23 PM »
> "Miss Shameimaru is currently printing a story where I explain the circumstances of my home's fall to the extent to which I am allowed by various other parties that have requested privacy. This story explains that my people were not the ones responsible for my home's fall, which many in Gensokyo initially assumed. In spreading this story, my goal is to restore the trustworthiness of my people...which, if accomplished, will ultimately be worth the price I have paid with my own trustworthiness in letting her free in the first place."
> "Once this story is printed, Miss Shameimaru will provide me instructions on how to travel her delivery route. I have someone prepared to deliver the papers in her place, so she may return to prison with her task complete. Admittedly, she has some misgivings about returning, but she has seen and heard of the stress her escape has caused Miss Inubashiri, who has found her duties as a loyal guard and as a loyal friend to clash. Between her own duties as Miss Inubashiri's friend, and having had the opportunity to write Bhava-Agra's story, she is willing to return to her designated place in prison."

>"This is curious," says Lord Tenma. "Are you telling me that Aya only escaped to help you?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #250 on: May 04, 2011, 03:09:54 PM »
> "Well, I imagine she also escaped simply for the freedom, as well as the journalistic opportunity. But it does not seem she had ever considered the potential effects the consequences of her escape would have on Miss Inubashiri. Once those were brought to light, she started having serious second thoughts, to the point where she is willing to return."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #251 on: May 04, 2011, 03:22:05 PM »
> "Well, I imagine she also escaped simply for the freedom, as well as the journalistic opportunity. But it does not seem she had ever considered the potential effects the consequences of her escape would have on Miss Inubashiri. Once those were brought to light, she started having serious second thoughts, to the point where she is willing to return."

>"Now we are in a difficult position," says Lord Tenma after a moment. "What do you intend to do?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #252 on: May 04, 2011, 04:33:54 PM »
> "I can think of three things I intend to do. The first is to appeal for a reduced sentence on Aya's behalf. The second is to return her to custody, once her papers are printed. The third is whatever you desire of me to make up for what I have done."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #253 on: May 04, 2011, 04:42:49 PM »
> "I can think of three things I intend to do. The first is to appeal for a reduced sentence on Aya's behalf. The second is to return her to custody, once her papers are printed. The third is whatever you desire of me to make up for what I have done."

>"Then appeal," says Lord Tenma.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #254 on: May 04, 2011, 04:48:56 PM »
> Nod.
> "I will begin by stating that Miss Shameimaru's current freedom is only because she is performing Bhavagran business, that she would have remained where she was otherwise, and that she will willingly return to prison once her task has been complete. In light of this, I believe there is no reason to extend her sentence, as I understand there was the first time she escaped."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #255 on: May 04, 2011, 04:58:06 PM »
> Nod.
> "I will begin by stating that Miss Shameimaru's current freedom is only because she is performing Bhavagran business, that she would have remained where she was otherwise, and that she will willingly return to prison once her task has been complete. In light of this, I believe there is no reason to extend her sentence, as I understand there was the first time she escaped."

>"Imagine for a moment," says Lord Tenma. "You are at the prison. Look in your hand, there is the key. Now look ahead. There is Aya's cell. Open the cell, tell me what happens."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #256 on: May 04, 2011, 05:00:42 PM »
> "I would presume she leaves, assuming I make no effort to stop her. I strongly suspect she would question my actions before taking actions of her own, though."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #257 on: May 04, 2011, 05:08:48 PM »
> "I would presume she leaves, assuming I make no effort to stop her. I strongly suspect she would question my actions before taking actions of her own, though."

>"Then would she have really remained in place otherwise?" asks Lord Tenma. "Do you think so? I don't think so."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #258 on: May 04, 2011, 05:23:06 PM »
> "Then I have made a mistake in my communication. I mean that she would not have left if I did not require her services, because I would not have opened her cell. She left because she was told to leave, rather than because she was trying to escape."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #259 on: May 04, 2011, 06:06:14 PM »
> "Then I have made a mistake in my communication. I mean that she would not have left if I did not require her services, because I would not have opened her cell. She left because she was told to leave, rather than because she was trying to escape."

>"I understand your words now," says Tenma. "But the matter remains, she would have left. Has she changed her ways at all? I don't know, do you?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #260 on: May 04, 2011, 07:07:23 PM »
> "If you mean her photographic habits, then I very strongly suspect not. She has, however, convinced me that there is no perverted intent in those habits."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #261 on: May 04, 2011, 07:15:27 PM »
> "If you mean her photographic habits, then I very strongly suspect not. She has, however, convinced me that there is no perverted intent in those habits."

>"So she would still be a problem," says Lord Tenma.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #262 on: May 04, 2011, 07:24:01 PM »
> "A problem she has been for years, and, if you will forgive my ignorant forthrightness, one for which she has not been incarcerated previously, to the best of my knowledge."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #263 on: May 04, 2011, 08:03:59 PM »
> "A problem she has been for years, and, if you will forgive my ignorant forthrightness, one for which she has not been incarcerated previously, to the best of my knowledge."

>"Consider it forgiven," says Lord Tenma.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #264 on: May 04, 2011, 08:33:30 PM »
> "So she has been incarcerated for this in the past, then? That is...not very good pattern recognition on her part. That or she is indeed as dedicated to her craft as her words suggest she is."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #265 on: May 04, 2011, 08:49:26 PM »
> "So she has been incarcerated for this in the past, then? That is...not very good pattern recognition on her part. That or she is indeed as dedicated to her craft as her words suggest she is."

>"It's her first sentence," says Lord Tenma. "But she knew that she was on thin ice."

>_

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #266 on: May 04, 2011, 09:26:42 PM »
> Sigh.
> "I wish she had told me this beforehand. I wonder what can be done, then. From what I have seen, she would rather stay in jail and be true to herself than walk free while disavowing her craft."
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #267 on: May 04, 2011, 09:42:24 PM »
> Sigh.
> "I wish she had told me this beforehand. I wonder what can be done, then. From what I have seen, she would rather stay in jail and be true to herself than walk free while disavowing her craft."

>"You are not the only one to observe this," says Lord Tenma.

>_

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #268 on: May 04, 2011, 10:26:20 PM »
> "And I am sure I am not the only one to realize that it is no way for any of the parties involved to live. I have seen this myself, with Tenshi's behaviour in Bhava-Agra, and how it has influenced both her attitude toward her fellow celestials and their attitude toward her. It is...unpleasant upon which to dwell."
> "But...the whole point behind her craft is a demonstration of the equality of personal vulnerability, how no one is without fault. I wonder if there would be a way for her to continue this sentiment while changing activities to something less offensively invasive."
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #269 on: May 04, 2011, 10:43:24 PM »
Oh, I may have just had an idea that prevents us from having to think long and hard about this issue.