Author Topic: World of Warcraft! Now with extra troll murder  (Read 7443 times)

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
Re: World of Warcraft! Now with extra troll murder
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2011, 12:58:59 PM »
I could get couldn't if there were technical limitations but I just can't think of a reason why you wouldn't if you could

Because they didn't want players to have to learn two different effects for their abilities, essentially.

Edible

« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2011, 04:57:38 PM »
Been reading through the list of flirts for hilarity purposes.

"If I wasn't purple, you'd see I was blushing." - Nelf female
"One good thing about being dead: the biological clock seems to have stopped." - Undead female
"You know, I had a girlfriend, but I lost her in the crash. That is the bad news. The good news is, I'm available!" - Draenei male
"I'm the girl the ESRB warned you about." - Belf female
"If you liked it then you should have put a larger, more elaborate ring on it." - Goblin female

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2011, 11:00:01 PM »
The Male Draenei /silly pertaining to their ancestral heirlooms is hilarious, get a listen to it

Nem

• Grrrr!
  • Gimmie money!
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2011, 06:28:22 AM »
Pugging the new instances makes me want to break things. Seriously, how do people fail at fights that are over three years old?

Oh yeah, I have no idea as to why the bosses are critting me. Either they have high crit rates or Improved Blood Presence is bugged.

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2011, 08:50:43 AM »
Finally finished the Vashj'ir zone.

For those that aren't intimately aware of me and my personal preferences, water is a HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE thing for me. People say skydiving is the ultimate guilty pleasure for them, I'm part of the scuba-diving camp instead. Granted I haven't been scuba-ing since forever so it really is more like a not-oft endulged THE POINT IS VASHJ'IR WAS FRIKKIN AWESOME AND I LOVED EVERY SECOND OF IT AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT PEOPLE WERE TALKING ABOUT IN REGARDS TO IT SUCKING/BEING BORING

Nem

• Grrrr!
  • Gimmie money!
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2011, 09:01:55 AM »
I love Vashj'ir for two things: Seahorses and "Thrall's balls! They're everywhere!"

But I hate going down there with a char that didn't do that zone. I want to stab the genius who thought it would be a good idea to stuff the Earthen Ring faction vendor down there.

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2011, 09:31:27 AM »
Every time you go down there and do the Naga Battlemaiden quest-line, you have to have this looping in the background

« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2011, 12:08:25 PM »
AEHGH The Eagle fight in ZA is just frustrating and about impossible without heroism.
Those Brown birds are the color of what that boss fight is...
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 12:30:58 PM by Cadmas »

Edible

« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2011, 01:16:49 PM »
Did heroic ZG last night.  The first boss is harder than the rest of the instance. D:

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2011, 02:51:20 PM »
Got to 80 today and tried the starting areas of Cataclysm...

holy shit they're tough! My gear's pretty shoddy (still LK quest greens) and I am both unable to dps them fast enough and my health is too low to withstand a protracted fight. I shouldn't be struggling to fight the starting mobs of the area and their aggro radius

are

fucking

huge

Which zone? I know Vashj'ir was a bit tricky at first before getting halfway-decent gear, because the underwater aspect means you have to look above and below for stuff coming at you. If you head off to Hyjal instead you should be a little better off.

Edible

« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2011, 03:41:40 PM »
I did Vash'jir once and am perfectly content to skip it for the rest of eternity.  It's not that it's poorly designed, but Hyjal just takes half as long for the same amount of levels. <_<

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2011, 06:37:15 PM »
I did Vash'jir once and am perfectly content to skip it for the rest of eternity.  It's not that it's poorly designed, but Hyjal just takes half as long for the same amount of levels. <_<

You're the people they had in mind when Blizzard implemented 'cold weather flying' as a deterrent to keep everyone from showing up in Northrend and just taking off and flying over all their hard work programming and designing the terrain

Which admittedly is a really dumb reason to do that because honestly Northrend was just a bunch of snow with Shalozar Basin or whatever it's called

Edible

« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2011, 06:45:15 PM »
You're the people they had in mind when Blizzard implemented 'cold weather flying' as a deterrent to keep everyone from showing up in Northrend and just taking off and flying over all their hard work programming and designing the terrain

Which admittedly is a really dumb reason to do that because honestly Northrend was just a bunch of snow with Shalozar Basin or whatever it's called

Hey now, I'm really big into exploration and lore, don't get me wrong.  It's just I've done all that already, so unless I have a reason to do so again I'll go with the more efficient options on future characters I'm bringing to 85.  There really is a huge disconnect between Hyjal as a starting area and Vash'jir.

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2011, 06:50:19 PM »
Hey, Northrend looked awesome imo. Like the rest of the game.  (Except Boring Tundra. Why I went there instead of the Howling Fjord, I'll never know.)

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2011, 10:10:16 AM »
Didn't Borean Tundra have the quests where you found out about the ROBO-GNOMES though?  So I was amused enough with that.

BEEP BOOP

I really do want to check out TROLLPOCALYPSE 2: KILLZONE dungeons since I never got past the panther boss in ZA when it was relevant, but I am so undergeared the little frogs will laugh at me if I walk in :(

« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2011, 01:59:19 PM »
It didn't help that the area looked like a kindergarten art project.

Anyways you might be pleased to hear that the lynx boss is now the easiest if not trivial fight in ZA.
Tank pulls boss out healing totem. Healer and casters move in. Infinite mana. Problem Lynx?

and here come the nerfs.

"Akil’zon’s Static Disruption will no longer chain if players are more than 5 yards apart and is now cast every 12 seconds, up from 5."
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 04:25:02 PM by Cadmas »

Edible

« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2011, 06:05:09 PM »
We one-shot that boss, but I was the only one left alive.  Haha. <_<

« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2011, 06:10:25 PM »
ZA is somewhat poorly balanced.

Akil’zon is a complete group stomper while the Lynx, Bear, and Malacrass are total push overs.
Dragonhawk and Daakara are pretty average.     

I know the instance is tuned to go from 346 to 353 but most people are in a mix of raid epics and heroics.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 06:31:15 PM by Cadmas »

Solais

• Developer fairy
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2011, 08:58:50 PM »
From what I've heard/seen (since I don't play WoW) on various Youtube videos, both ZA and ZG are very poorly balanced. Like some bosses are hard as hell, while later bosses are just too easy.

« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2011, 12:47:35 AM »
ZG isn't as bad but;

Bloodlord Mandokir has some bugs, Jin'do and  Zanzil are laughable.

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2011, 06:47:39 AM »
Friends had a drunk party. Roped me into it on my 83 Holydin, and we proceeded to four-man Ulduar. I was the only healer - we had a Prot/Fury warrior, a Rogue, and a Shadowpriest. We burned through every boss up to Kolomogar or whatever his name is - the one with the auto-kill squeeze attack and seperate healthbars for his left and right arms.

We only wiped during the Flame Leviathan fight because it only had the two targets to go back and forth between, and drunk friends didn't realize that playing keep away is hard when you yourself run right up to what you're keeping away from :C Otherwise OH GOD MY MANA WHERE DID IT GO AAAAGH
Oh, right, from chain-casting Divine Light.

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2011, 08:47:11 AM »
so apparently blizzard is sending free week reactivations to people who quit during cata

rofl

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2011, 12:28:28 AM »
Didn't they do that with WotLK, too?

Nem

• Grrrr!
  • Gimmie money!
« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2011, 03:51:35 AM »
Wow, I thought Frost DK dps was ridiculous, until my hunter reached 85 and is already doing 17k dps two hours into 85.

Nitoree and Youmu's heroic dungeon adventures went mostly well until my horribad pug curse began to set in. How do people still pull 4k at 85? I was doing that dps at 70...

Good thing for SCIENCE!

« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2011, 04:03:38 AM »
It will always be a  mystery. I say laziness or people are just really stupid. Really shouldn't be that hard considering the majority of dps classes are just smash the light up spell, interrupt X, don't stand in Y. 

Solais

• Developer fairy
« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2011, 09:27:50 AM »