Author Topic: Minecraft - The block building thread  (Read 159494 times)

pineyappled

Re: Minecraft - The block building thread
« Reply #120 on: June 02, 2011, 10:25:51 PM »
Might you be interested in a Minecraft experience supplement designed to suit your needs from my trench-coat of goodies? :3c
Please share. I put my torches only on the right, but end up getting lost anyways.

Eraiya

« Reply #121 on: June 03, 2011, 12:42:47 AM »
Please share. I put my torches only on the right, but end up getting lost anyways.

Enjoy! :>

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #122 on: June 03, 2011, 01:35:25 AM »
Actually, I no longer get lost because I started to pay more attention, and be more objective whenever I go down @_@
I made a compass too, only to find out it point only to the *original* spawn, and I haven't been there in ages, it's useless..

But thanks, I'll give whatever that is a shot :V
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

pineyappled

« Reply #123 on: June 03, 2011, 01:43:44 AM »
Enjoy! :>
Oh you and your shameless self-advertising. :V
That said, I already have your texturepack.

What happened to the huge forest? Looks like it exploded and took half of jquan's roof went with it.

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #124 on: June 03, 2011, 01:50:15 AM »

What happened to the huge forest? Looks like it exploded and took half of jquan's roof went with it.
Went on one day and found it exploded.
I would like a reason for my time.

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
    • The Grass Feels Like Pants
« Reply #125 on: June 03, 2011, 01:56:10 AM »
I made a compass too, only to find out it point only to the *original* spawn, and I haven't been there in ages, it's useless..

I was incredibly disappointed when I found that out. I really hope Notch changes it to current spawn or something.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #126 on: June 03, 2011, 02:03:57 AM »

What? Did something happen to something of mine?

pineyappled

« Reply #127 on: June 03, 2011, 02:08:09 AM »
Never mind, got the name wrong. Darkshadow something's roof exploded. Then his tunnel got creeper'd. (Sorry!)

Eraiya

« Reply #128 on: June 03, 2011, 03:49:30 AM »

Teehee. :3 More coming up by the end of this post!
You do? I'm glad! Thanks for your support!
More shameless, Minecraft-related self-advertising: I finished two PvP maps and two "canvases" (Maps intentionally left incomplete- though I suppose they could still be used for the same PvP purposes- for map makers to add onto in their own ways to make them more interesting) for people to download and make good use of in servers they own, or by sending them to the owners of the servers they play on if they'd like to have them added to the world!

PvP Maps
Clutter - Recommended number of players: 8-16. Mobs won't spawn within the map boundaries.
Screenshots: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Narrow, v2 - Recommended number of players: 6-12. Mobs won't spawn within the map boundaries.
Screenshots: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Canvases
Narrow, v1 - Recommended number of players: 6-12. Mobs won't spawn within the map boundaries.
Screenshots: 1 2
Narrow, v3 - Recommended number of players: 16-32. Mobs won't spawn within the map boundaries.
Screenshots: 1 2
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 05:30:06 AM by Eraiya »

pineyappled

« Reply #129 on: June 04, 2011, 04:21:23 AM »
Are you the same Eraiya?
http://scpminecraft.wikidot.com/glorious-communist-nuclear-test-site
Because if you are, you certainly went out with a bang. :comedycentral:

Eraiya

« Reply #130 on: June 04, 2011, 06:19:44 AM »
Oh lord, that again. It's easy to point fingers when there's no proof of who did what, especially if you're in a position of power and such a decision- spreading rumors about people to make yourself look better- would benefit you. You want to see what kind of people ran that server? Here. The only chat log I ever saved with the server owner, Teaflower.

[15:51] <Eraiya> [15:44] <Eraiya> Sorry to bother you when you're in a bad mood, but what did they do?
[15:51] <Eraiya> [15:44] <teaflower> I don't know.
[15:51] <Eraiya> [15:45] <Eraiya> But it just sounds like they're making a town..
[15:51] <Eraiya> [15:45] <Eraiya> Are you just joking around with them, and I'm misunderstanding it as hostility?
[15:51] <Eraiya> [15:45] <teaflower> No, I'm hostile.
[15:51] <Eraiya> [15:45] <Eraiya> Oh..
[15:51] <Eraiya> [15:45] <Eraiya> But.. What if they really are just making a town?
[15:51] <Eraiya> [15:48] <Eraiya> Er.. Seriously, why are you getting so upset when they're constructively building a nice town, and calling them rude names when they aren't calling you rude names?
[15:51] <Eraiya> [15:49] <teaflower> They've infiltrated a server that may or may not be private.
[15:51] <Eraiya> [15:49] <teaflower> They may as well be just mucking up everything.
[15:51] <Eraiya> [15:49] <teaflower> How would you feel if just a bunch of random people came into our server and started fucking shit up?
[15:51] <Eraiya> [15:49] <Eraiya> They aren't "fucking shit up," though
[15:51] <Eraiya> [15:49] <teaflower> How do you know?
[15:51] <Eraiya> [15:49] <Eraiya> They said they're constructively building a nice town
[15:51] <Eraiya> [15:49] <teaflower> Are you in there?
[15:51] <Eraiya> [15:49] <Eraiya> I know them well enough to know that they're good people
[15:51] <Eraiya> [15:50] <Eraiya> How do you know that they're griefing, as you say they are?
[15:51] <Eraiya> [15:50] <Eraiya> Are you in there?
[15:51] <Eraiya> [15:50] <Eraiya> From what I know of them, they seem like the type of people to build constructively, for the good of a community
[15:51] <Eraiya> [15:50] <Eraiya> That leads me to believe that they're telling the truth
[15:51] <Eraiya> [15:50] <Eraiya> I trust them
[15:51] <Eraiya> [15:50] <teaflower> Are you blind or something?
[15:51] <Eraiya> [15:50] <teaflower> (4:50:07 PM) teaflower: If I get one more PM, I'm gonna start kicking. D:<
[15:51] <Eraiya> [15:50] <Eraiya> I didn't see that
[15:51] <Eraiya> [15:50] <Eraiya> I'm in this tab
[15:51] <Eraiya> [15:51] <teaflower> Well now you see it.
[15:51] <Eraiya> [15:51] <Eraiya> After you kicked me, yes
[15:51] <Eraiya> [15:51] <teaflower> One more PM, you're getting kicked.
[15:51] <Eraiya> [15:51] <teaflower> Again.

I still remember what that above conversation was about. An upstanding, morally upright member of that community, "Dr. Agasa," was playing with one or two friends who were also from the SCP community on another server. With the server owner's permission, they walked a ridiculous distance away from spawn to mess around with TNT in a normal, grassy area, so far from civilization that it would never be found. Again, despite this happening on a completely unrelated server, and with the server owner's permission, Teaflower somehow reached the conclusion that she should throw a major bitchfit over this.

I'd only been a member of that community and known her for a few days. I never realized until then that she's a power-hungry cunt who'll do whatever she can to benefit herself, even if it means lying to, manipulating and hurting others. Knowing that I was busy talking to her in private messages, she used that as an opportunity to give her an excuse to kick me. I can't say I blame her after I humiliated her by forcing her to see how flawed her logic is after the, "How do you know that they're griefing, as you say they are? Are you in there?" comments. My only regret is not saving the chat log from the main channel, since I can't recall what "rude names" she was calling them. All I remember is that she was throwing a temper tantrum over nothing and trying to make good people look like bad people. That didn't sit well with me. Naturally, it only took a few minutes before I seriously began to consider leaving this community, now that I realized the nature of the people in charge of it.

(This is in the main channel where the members of the community all speak together. Before saying this, I'd joined once already, but was kicked without having said a word, or anyone saying a word to me.)
[15:54] <Eraiya> Coming back into #scpminecraft just to say goodbye to the people who actually matter.
[15:55] <Eraiya> Why was I kicked?
[15:55] <Eraiya> Just then, I mean.
[15:55] <Aesop> don't leave
[15:55] <Aesop> :c
[15:55] <Eraiya> I didn't say anything. I simply joined.
[15:55] <Eraiya> I didn't- I was kicked by TheRaven.
[15:55] <&teaflower> Raven, why'd you do that?
[15:56] <~TheRaven> Reflex.
(Sure is incentive for me to stay with this fabulous community in here.)
[15:57] <Akashe> So. Um.
[15:57] <Akashe> http://minecraftnews.com/
[15:58] <Akashe> How about this minecraft related thing?
[15:58] <Aesop> none of it is new
[15:59] <Akashe> http://notch.tumblr.com/
[15:59] <Akashe> This, then
[15:59] <Aesop> How about this picture of the cruxifiction of Jesus Christ /w a snickers logo:http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:UHGpptOXSeZipM:http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii214/Knife ToTheSoul/notgoinganywhereforawhiza5.png&t=1

Meanwhile, in private messages.

[15:57] <Aesop> tea does that all the time
[15:57] <Eraiya> She does?
[15:57] <Eraiya> I see.
[15:57] <Aesop> well duhh
[15:58] <Eraiya> Well, if she does it and gets away with it all the time, I guess it can't be helped.
[15:58] <Eraiya> I'll be on a different channel if you need me.
[15:58] <Eraiya> I'll be at [removed]
[15:58] <Eraiya> On the rizon.net IRC server
[15:58] <Eraiya> I'm on there just about every day anyway
[15:58] <Eraiya> If you'd like to play SMP with me on any server, that'd be great

I can't remember him, but looking back on these logs in notepad, Aesop seems like quite a reasonable guy. I guess him telling me that she's like that all the time- and the fact that he knew to tell me in private messages, not in the public chat, lest he set himself up for some sort of betrayal by her in the future- was just another push in the right direction. Leaving that community.

Which happened to be a great opportunity for Teaflower to besmirch my name in my absence. Whether or not any griefing actually took place, I don't know, since I found myself banned from the server soon after leaving the IRC channel that last time. If the griefing described there did take place, I can tell you this much: I had nothing to do with it. In my opinion, based on the kind of person she is, I'd say there's around a 95% chance she has no idea who did it and pinned the blame on me for convenience's sake, a 4% chance that she did it herself and decided to blame me anyway, and a 1% chance that she sincerely believes that I'd do something like that. I'll let you draw your own conclusions from the facts I've provided instead of convenient rumors without any evidence to back them up.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 06:21:34 AM by Eraiya »

pineyappled

« Reply #131 on: June 04, 2011, 06:37:14 AM »
Sorry if I brought up a bad memory. That was definitely not my intention.  :ohdear:

Eraiya

« Reply #132 on: June 04, 2011, 06:41:14 AM »
It's alright, no biggy.  :3 Ooh, and the server's up, by the way~
Though struck by a sudden case of the lag.

pineyappled

« Reply #133 on: June 04, 2011, 06:52:53 AM »
I was so worried that you were angry at me tha it took like ten minutes do decide wether to post it or run away.  :V

Anyways, are the craftable maps actually useful?
lol MotK think I'm using a Mac.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 06:54:33 AM by moooo »

Eraiya

« Reply #134 on: June 04, 2011, 07:08:53 AM »
You're a silly person. :3
Eh, I've done just fine without 'em until now, so I don't see myself usin' 'em in the future unless it directly benefits someone else.
You have no idea, but you secretly ARE using a mac!

Edit: AAAaaand the server's down.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 09:42:09 AM by Eraiya »

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #135 on: June 04, 2011, 05:27:05 PM »
lol MotK think I'm using a Mac.
Haha, I guess you're posting from an iToy iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch? Given how similar iOS is to Mac OS X it's no surprise the forum can't distinguish between them (similar to Linux + Safari combos here, which are often Android phones).
</off-tangent>

Edit: AAAaaand the server's down.
Derp. I guess I'll keep waiting out until a new MC patch and a bit more stability server-side until I join you guys there.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

pineyappled

« Reply #136 on: June 04, 2011, 05:36:53 PM »
Haha, I guess you're posting from an iToy iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch? Given how similar iOS is to Mac OS X it's no surprise the forum can't distinguish between them (similar to Linux + Safari combos here, which are often Android
Yeah, typing on this thing is nothing short of infuriating. Chinese school is trying to kill me with boredom.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #137 on: June 04, 2011, 05:58:43 PM »
Yeah, typing on this thing is nothing short of infuriating. Chinese school is trying to kill me with boredom.
And that's why AAPL needs to support keyboard accessories for their iPhone and iPod Touch (iPad already has the Apple Wireless Keyboard, so no problems there).

As for shitty schooling, I can imagine, given that Korean school (in my case) was a bitch (and was obviously geared towards second-generation speakers - far too easy for first-generation ones like myself).
Bad command or file name

Eraiya

« Reply #138 on: June 04, 2011, 07:26:20 PM »
For those of you who are still looking for a server to play on, my most strongly preferred one is finally up after about a week of downtime.

Edit: It's now almost back up to its usual standards! Not quite, but it's good enough for me- and since 499/500 servers aren't, that's saying something! The thread for the server and the IP can be found here! I hope to see ya there sometime! If you have any questions about what makes it such a great server or anything at all, feel free to ask!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 12:32:42 PM by Eraiya »

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
« Reply #139 on: June 05, 2011, 09:14:24 PM »
I'll let you draw your own conclusions from the facts I've provided instead of convenient rumors without any evidence to back them up.
I knew  that wiki was wrong about you!  It just didn't match your cheerful personality. 
For those of you who are still looking for a server to play on, my most strongly preferred one is finally up after about a week of downtime.

Edit: It's now almost back up to its usual standards! Not quite, but it's good enough for me- and since 499/500 servers aren't, that's saying something! The thread for the server and the IP can be found here! I hope to see ya there sometime! If you have any questions about what makes it such a great server or anything at all, feel free to ask!
Yay new server!  I'll do my best to show up! 
PS: Eraiya stay awesome!  :D
2lazy2createbettersig

Eraiya

« Reply #140 on: June 05, 2011, 11:45:10 PM »
Thank you for your kind words! If you ever need help with anything on the server, don't hesitate to ask! Unless it's spawning diamonds or something for you, in which case, yes, do hesitate. :3

pineyappled

« Reply #141 on: June 06, 2011, 02:42:17 AM »
How do I spawn diamonds?

I cartograph'd my main map, saw a few pools of lava somewhere, and went off on a one minecraft week hellish adventure to find them and get back.
I forgot to bring buckets.
I got hopelessly lost on the way back, and had to make a map that only showed torches.
Then I went back home to find a creeper sitting in my brightly-lit underground tree farm.
 :persona:

Oh, and is there a practical way to mine sand without leaving big ugly holes? I usually patch it up with a block of cobblestone and a block of sand on top, but that's a huge waste of time and resources.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 02:45:37 AM by moooo »

Kinzo the Astro Curious

• One small step for Desu; One giant leap for touhou-kind!
« Reply #142 on: June 06, 2011, 03:57:53 AM »
Oh, and is there a practical way to mine sand without leaving big ugly holes? I usually patch it up with a block of cobblestone and a block of sand on top, but that's a huge waste of time and resources.

If there is, I wouldn't mind knowing it. because I've got a few sand structures, so a few areas of my place got mined the shit out of. On the brightside, I TNT'd the hole left by the sand mining, and made an even bigger hole, then squared it off and capped the top with a roof that comes out the ground. huge underground warehouse/town/whatever I decide to do with it.

Mind you I had more than one sand mine, and I left those as just big holes in the map. one island actually just has a cobble wall around where it was keeping the water out lol

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
« Reply #143 on: June 06, 2011, 04:40:31 AM »
Okay Eraiya apparently on that other server there's already a fancifulghost with pretty significant progress. And it puts me in control of their items...:S Now i dont wanna impede them so imma not go on that server.  The server looks awesome but i know ill screw that other ghost over the min i take a step  :V
2lazy2createbettersig

Eraiya

« Reply #144 on: June 06, 2011, 09:09:53 AM »
Then I went back home to find a creeper sitting in my brightly-lit underground tree farm.
 :persona:

A common thing that people overlook when setting up torches in an area to defend against hostile mobs spawning is placing torches on/near treetops, since enemies can and will spawn on top of trees if given the chance. Uuunfortunately, since 1.6: you can no longer place torches on leaves, making this much more tedious than it used to be. If you don't mind doing this sort of thing, when in doubt, use Zombe's modpack to see if there are any red or yellow areas in your home where hostile mobs may spawn.

Find a beach somewhere, or a desert. If you're on a beach, stand on any block of sand that's on the same level as sea level. Work on removing the sand blocks that are level with your legs, then as you move inward clearing those out, start working on clearing the ones that are level with your face, too. Try maintaining a smooth enough shape that the area still looks natural once you're done. If you're in a desert, find the highest point you can. Clear sand in horizontal layers from that highest point until you feel you have enough. In both cases- obtaining sand either from a beach or a desert- think of it as giving the landscape a quick trim. Shaving the terrain, if you will!

Okay Eraiya apparently on that other server there's already a fancifulghost with pretty significant progress. And it puts me in control of their items...:S Now i dont wanna impede them so imma not go on that server.  The server looks awesome but i know ill screw that other ghost over the min i take a step  :V

Aww, okay. Well, I do hope you have fun on other servers!

« Reply #145 on: June 06, 2011, 05:37:24 PM »
Oh hey guess what game is getting ported to KINECT :getdown: :getdown: :getdown:

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #146 on: June 06, 2011, 06:34:59 PM »
Oh hey guess what game is getting ported to KINECT :getdown: :getdown: :getdown:
Oh god.
I can see people swinging their hands wildly now just trying to cut down their first tree. They may even break the TV/monitor/Kinect this way :getdown:
Bad command or file name

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #147 on: June 07, 2011, 07:55:32 AM »
sweet mother of whatever's sacred in this world
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Eraiya

« Reply #148 on: June 07, 2011, 03:37:24 PM »
Oh god.
I can see people swinging their hands wildly now just trying to cut down their first tree. They may even break the TV/monitor/Kinect this way :getdown:

I forgot all about it until now, but this video mentioned this months and months ago, back in early January.

wooterz

« Reply #149 on: June 07, 2011, 10:15:23 PM »

please dear god I hope you can play without that fucking thing