Author Topic: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest  (Read 54662 times)

Re: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest
« Reply #720 on: May 08, 2011, 12:12:40 AM »
>"I was hoping it was something clever I might benefit from. But another expectation perishes."

>"Oh, don't be like that," she says. "I'm sure there's lot of ways you can get rid of ghosts without magic. There's uh... um..." She pauses. "Well, I suppose you could always get a priestess to make you some exorcism talismans. Wait, can youkai even use those?"

>HAVE we heard of Tanizawa's before?

>You have. They're one of the shipping companies that move goods in and out of Braston. They're not one of the largest ones, but you think they ferry a lot of high-end goods: precious metals, silks, that sort of thing.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #721 on: May 08, 2011, 12:24:13 AM »
>Can Youkai do that?
>"Guess I'll just have to lob you at them if I find any. Rather like a bottle in a barfight."

« Reply #722 on: May 08, 2011, 12:30:46 AM »
>Can Youkai do that?
>"Guess I'll just have to lob you at them if I find any. Rather like a bottle in a barfight."

>You're honestly not sure. Youkai are vulnerable to spiritual-based attacks in a way that humans aren't, but you aren't sure if this would prevent you from merely holding such a talisman, particularly if it was constructed with ghosts, rather than youkai, in mind.
>Marisa laughs. "You sure know how to make someone feel wanted, Naz."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #723 on: May 08, 2011, 12:41:23 AM »
>"I do my best with what I'm given, eh?"
>"Hey, have you followed this route much?"

« Reply #724 on: May 08, 2011, 12:46:18 AM »
>Molotov cocktail might be a more apt analogy.

>"Lookit this way, you'd be about the best bottle I can think of to do damage with."

« Reply #725 on: May 08, 2011, 12:51:42 AM »
>"I do my best with what I'm given, eh?"
>"Hey, have you followed this route much?"

>Marisa gives you a playful elbow in the ribs.
>"A few times, of course. I've been all over the island at some point or another. Can't say I have much reason to go too far out this way very often, though. I know you grew up in the place and all, but there's never much going on in Easthaven. I mean, that was why you left, wasn't it?"

>Molotov cocktail might be a more apt analogy.
>"Lookit this way, you'd be about the best bottle I can think of to do damage with."

>Perhaps a Molotov cocktail attached to a small nuclear explosive?
>Marisa scratches her head. "Uh, thanks... I think?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #726 on: May 08, 2011, 12:58:17 AM »
>"Shame. I was hoping you knew some little secrets about it."
>Is it a straight route to Easthaven, or might there be a potential for shortcuts?

« Reply #727 on: May 08, 2011, 01:11:36 AM »
>"Shame. I was hoping you knew some little secrets about it."
>Is it a straight route to Easthaven, or might there be a potential for shortcuts?

>"Nah, not really," she says.
>The road isn't entirely straight, but you're not sure if there's a quicker path. The land off the beaten track is fairly hilly to the south and forested to the north - sometimes both. Plus there's river crossing which might get rather wet without a bridge. At least for those without the benefit of air travel, you note with a wry glance at Marisa's broom.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #728 on: May 08, 2011, 01:23:25 AM »
>"You wouldn't happen to know any shortcuts?"

« Reply #729 on: May 08, 2011, 01:27:35 AM »
>"You wouldn't happen to know any shortcuts?"

>"Hey, you've gone this way more than I have. And, uh, none you could follow, I'm afraid." She gives her broom a little shake. "Sorry, Naz."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #730 on: May 08, 2011, 01:46:03 AM »
>"I figured it was too much to hope for. Ah well, guess I just don't get to sleep tonight."

« Reply #731 on: May 08, 2011, 01:47:01 AM »
>"Handy little trick, isn't that. Can all you witch's do that, or just the ones with the right broom?"

« Reply #732 on: May 08, 2011, 01:57:40 AM »
>"I figured it was too much to hope for. Ah well, guess I just don't get to sleep tonight."

>"Shouldn't take that long, should it?" she says with a frown. "Can probably still get there before midnight, anyway."

>"Handy little trick, isn't that. Can all you witch's do that, or just the ones with the right broom?"

>"This broom's only special because it's mine," she says. "And really, what kind of witch are you if you can't look the part?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #733 on: May 08, 2011, 02:27:43 AM »
>"I guess so. The one I did the job for apparently takes her cat everywhere."

« Reply #734 on: May 08, 2011, 02:43:18 AM »
>"I guess so. The one I did the job for apparently takes her cat everywhere."

>"Suppose that works, too. I'd feel a bit sorry for the thing if I ever tried carting one around with me, though."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #735 on: May 08, 2011, 02:52:30 AM »
>"Me too. It was the most docile and passive cat I had ever seen. I don't even think it ate meat."

« Reply #736 on: May 08, 2011, 02:55:02 AM »
>"Me too. It was the most docile and passive cat I had ever seen. I don't even think it ate meat."

>She raises an eyebrow. "Really? You try feeding it some and it wouldn't go for it, or something?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #737 on: May 08, 2011, 03:00:25 AM »
>"No, it was just...perpetually calm. Closest I've ever come to actually liking a cat."

« Reply #738 on: May 08, 2011, 11:28:06 AM »
>"No, it was just...perpetually calm. Closest I've ever come to actually liking a cat."

>Marisa grins impishly and leans in towards you. "How close? Be honest, now."

« Reply #739 on: May 08, 2011, 02:38:28 PM »
>Poke her in the ribs with an elbow. Lightly, of coruse.
>"Not THAT close, Mari. Just be nice if every cat I met was that nice."

« Reply #740 on: May 08, 2011, 02:56:36 PM »
>Poke her in the ribs with an elbow. Lightly, of coruse.
>"Not THAT close, Mari. Just be nice if every cat I met was that nice."

>You give Marisa a poke in the ribs with your elbow. She just snickers.
>"Sure, sure. Whatever you say," she says, leaning back. You notice her grin doesn't waver.
>The two of you are now essentially outside the city, the buildings of Braston falling further into the distance behind you.

« Reply #741 on: May 08, 2011, 03:05:30 PM »
>Wouldn't surprise me if that grin of hers never wavers more than once or twice a day.
>"Second cat I got that close to never tried to take a bit out of me, either, now that you mention. Wonder if I don't taste as good now, or something."

« Reply #742 on: May 08, 2011, 03:11:40 PM »
>Wouldn't surprise me if that grin of hers never wavers more than once or twice a day.
>"Second cat I got that close to never tried to take a bit out of me, either, now that you mention. Wonder if I don't taste as good now, or something."

>Certainly seems that way when she's pleased with herself about something.
>"Naz," she says, shaking her head, "even if you still smell like a mouse to them, I think you're just a little bit out of their league now."

« Reply #743 on: May 08, 2011, 03:28:39 PM »
>"Ehhh, maybe. Still think like a mouse, too, sometimes. Not about to let my guard down around cats just yet, thank you very much. ... 'cept maybe Sokrates, that one wasn't too bad."
>"That reminds me, you ever taken a job from fairys before?"

« Reply #744 on: May 08, 2011, 03:36:16 PM »
>"Ehhh, maybe. Still think like a mouse, too, sometimes. Not about to let my guard down around cats just yet, thank you very much. ... 'cept maybe Sokrates, that one wasn't too bad."
>"That reminds me, you ever taken a job from fairys before?"

>Marisa shrugs. "Suppose I don't know what it's like. Never been a mouse before."
>"Fairies?" She pauses. "Hmmm... I might have, once or twice. They don't usually pay much, though. Why?"

« Reply #745 on: May 08, 2011, 03:39:18 PM »
>Shurg slightly.
>"Just curious. Picked up another job from a group of fairys while I was retriving that witches' cat. Wanted a cat of their own. Well, two, actually, but I only found one for 'em before I figured it was time to hit the road. Have to finish that once I get back."

« Reply #746 on: May 08, 2011, 03:54:29 PM »
>Shurg slightly.
>"Just curious. Picked up another job from a group of fairys while I was retriving that witches' cat. Wanted a cat of their own. Well, two, actually, but I only found one for 'em before I figured it was time to hit the road. Have to finish that once I get back."

>Marisa just chuckles and shakes her head. "Interesting first day you've been having."

« Reply #747 on: May 08, 2011, 03:56:05 PM »
>Laugh lightly.
>"No kiddin'. And don't get me started on the oni."

« Reply #748 on: May 08, 2011, 04:01:54 PM »
>Laugh lightly.
>"No kiddin'. And don't get me started on the oni."

>"Oni?" She raises an eyebrow. "Sounds like you've been pretty busy already. What'd they want, anyway?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #749 on: May 08, 2011, 04:09:09 PM »
>"A fight. So me and Orange gave her one til she stopped being a problem. Think her name was Yuzu or something?"