Author Topic: Probably general what anime you watching now thread.  (Read 118175 times)

Re: Probably general what anime you watching now thread.
« Reply #600 on: January 02, 2012, 05:13:35 PM »
why would you even...?

I probably worded that really bad; I am watching the subbed version, but never watched the dub as it aired here. I'm just trying to draw connections based on what I've heard.

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #601 on: January 05, 2012, 07:53:24 AM »
Current progress on Cardcaptor Sakura: 8/70

...yes I'm slow be quiet. ;_; Interested to see where things go, having not watched the US dub, though I'm not quite sure how said dub would have managed to make Syaoran Li the main character. Even in episode 8, which was apparently the start of the dub, it seemed very Sakura-centric.

Correct me if I'm wrong, since its been really long since I watched Cardcaptors and it was when I was really little. I finished CCS, so I remember that.
Let's see, I believe they made Syaoran the co-cardcaptor of sorts in the dub. Instead of making him like the dickish rival in CCS, they made him into more of a partner rival. Even though Sakura is the only cardcaptor in CCS, Syaoran is also referred as one in CC. This kind of gave him this position as the 2nd main character since he had the same 'occupation' as Sakura. I'd bring up another example, but its rather spoileriffic, so please continue to enjoy your CCS.

Well, the actor for Rurouni Kenshin is also one of my favorite characters in Kamen Rider Kabuto (aka, the best Rider in Heisei era) and plays Kagami in said show/Kamen Rider Gatack.

Wha-seriously? Awesome. Now all we need is Tendou as Saito.
Also, I think that they will try to go for a bit more of realism. Or rather, I hope so since flashy special effects might kill the 'mood'. I think it would be nice if they added in the superhuman effects in a really clever way that adds to the awesome without subtracting from the realism too much. Otherwise, we cant really do Shishio's flame sword stuff like the Kaguzuchi. For that matter, half the Hittenmitsurugi-ryu moves are kind of impractical/impossible. Kuzuryuusen? Ryuutsuisen? Or the Ryuukansen? Especially the final attack whose name I cant remember off the top of my head. Speaking of impossible, how about Sojiro? Yeah.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #602 on: January 05, 2012, 12:38:03 PM »
Technically there is no way in hell gravity permits a sword that can cut horses down with a single swipe and no man, no matter how well trained can wield that shit. Heck, if Spartans won't do it there must be a reason: they can't. What Spartans can't do probably means fuck the Japanese they don't have half that power to match. (considering the ages apart, I reckon the toughest thoroughbred samurai already died from seppuku anyway, or with Tom Cruise whichever comes first. )

Yet, oh yeah, that one guy who can punch and break rocks.
Needs more Hanyo (was that his name?) and that ninja girl with a ponytail, because I really like her.
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #603 on: January 05, 2012, 12:50:03 PM »
So, I started watching Natsume Yuujinchou Shi. I didn't see the first two seasons, nor have I read the manga (which reminds me, I ought to read more manga), but it didn't seem to matter - backstory was provided within the first episode without shoehorning it in. A high school kid who has adventures with youkai only he can see is a premise with a lot of potential, and we're starting off well here, I think. The pacing is steady without being lethargic, and the characters are interesting, even if some of the youkai seem to be lifted directly from Studio Ghibli. It's that Ghibli feel that makes the show charming, to me anyway, and I think it'll be a good watch. And in a season as lacking as Spring 2012 seems to be, that's certainly welcome.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #604 on: January 05, 2012, 08:25:19 PM »
Ammy: Keep me updated on Natsume and how good you think it is. I've read the manga as it's been released in the US, and I think it's one of the most beautiful stories ever committed to paper. If the anime can replicate that, then I absolutely want to watch it.

Also! In between Penguindrumming during the original run of the series, Matsy and I took a break to watch Nanoha classic. It was excellent. That scene with Fate and Nanoha on the bridge in the last episode... now I know how it became an iconic scene.
Last night, since two of our group's viewers bowed out early and the third had to go, Mats and I decided to watch some A's. It was late, but we couldn't put it down until episode 4. It is amazingly engaging from the very first episode, oh man. I can't wait for the A's movie. Saw the trailer a few days ago, and I must see it in full as soon as I can.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #605 on: January 05, 2012, 09:06:48 PM »
Also! In between Penguindrumming during the original run of the series, Matsy and I took a break to watch Nanoha classic. It was excellent. That scene with Fate and Nanoha on the bridge in the last episode... now I know how it became an iconic scene.
Last night, since two of our group's viewers bowed out early and the third had to go, Mats and I decided to watch some A's. It was late, but we couldn't put it down until episode 4. It is amazingly engaging from the very first episode, oh man. I can't wait for the A's movie. Saw the trailer a few days ago, and I must see it in full as soon as I can.

Yep! I know I had heard a lot of folks saying A's was good, but I had no idea it would be so awesome from the get-go. I'm excited to watch more!

And yeah, the bridge scene in the first season was incredibly touching. <3

« Reply #606 on: January 05, 2012, 09:26:00 PM »
That reminds me, I've been meaning to rewatch A's some time before Movie 2nd comes out. The series blew me away when I first saw it, and if the adaptation can do to it what Movie 1st did to the original, I'll be very pleased.

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #607 on: January 06, 2012, 03:17:48 AM »
for Nanoha I am just waiting to see that new guy and new girl in action, the black one and the girl in the test tube or something.
lately all Megami magazines has been only about them, tens of new posters... and etc merchandises.

watched Seitokai Yakuindomo OVA, nice as before, dirty jokes galore.
I really like this series if only it is like... Haganai's Rika, separated into 3 very distinct girls, making passes at one another.
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Tengukami

« Reply #608 on: January 07, 2012, 10:11:43 PM »
Nisemonogatari reminds me of my conflicted relationship with Bakemonogatari. It's very pretty to look at, the direction is quirky and sharp, but I find myself spacing out in the middle of all that talkingtalkingtalkingtalkingtalking.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #609 on: January 07, 2012, 10:29:53 PM »
It's not so much the talking but the talking about nothing in particular :V

Tengukami

« Reply #610 on: January 07, 2012, 10:36:04 PM »
It's not so much the talking but the talking about nothing in particular

Actually, when I paused the episode and scrolled back to pay attention to what was being said, I did find it interesting or funny (the bit about how adding "courage" to anything makes what you've said sound that much more important was pretty amusing). They just really need to do some trimming with the script, or at least pace it better.

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #611 on: January 08, 2012, 08:26:07 AM »
and hence why I never bothered with it from beginning to end.

I much rather place my attention elsewhere.

Highschool DxD is probably my guilty pleasuredome this round.
I really like the ED theme on this one.
The fact it has so much boobs probably is the second reason I like this, cool magic circle too.

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #612 on: January 08, 2012, 10:03:04 AM »
Finished Nanoha A's tonight! It was such a wild rush from beginning to end, and the satisfying conclusion at the end is a great note to end a day on. :3c

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #613 on: January 08, 2012, 04:28:22 PM »
Guilty Crown Kiseki : ReAssortment is out, oh yes.
I guess this means BioC~ the album with Mai Kitahara is bound soon.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #614 on: January 09, 2012, 02:37:55 AM »
Nanoha A's was awesome, oh my god :*

I can't wait to watch StrikerS next. :3

Fetch()tirade

• serial time-waster
« Reply #615 on: January 09, 2012, 06:29:00 AM »
Latest Carnival Phantasm:
- oh god the puns
-
Spoiler:
Assassin x Temple
OTP
-
Spoiler:
GRAIL WARS ON MOTORCYCLES
- The sister blade of Rule Breaker,
Spoiler:
Friendmaker

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #616 on: January 09, 2012, 09:28:06 AM »
Ah yeah, Carnival Phantasm's back!  This is awes-

"Next episode: Brainwasher Detective!"

...ABOUT DAMN TIME THE MAIDS GOT AN EPISODE! >.<  Um... Ahem. >.>  Well, that's something to look forward to, I guess.
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
« Reply #617 on: January 09, 2012, 11:26:11 AM »
Goddamn, that episode of Carnival Phantasm was hilarious. Never once stopped grinning, and even watched several scenes multiple times because it was just so much fun :V

Helix ⑨

• No Pain, No Gain
  • No Guts, No Glory
    • my youtube, 95% touhou vids, mainly extras and last words.
« Reply #618 on: January 09, 2012, 03:38:52 PM »
I have no idea what's coming out this season.
What would you guys recommend? I'll probably only follow 1 show in addition to what I am already watching

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
« Reply #619 on: January 09, 2012, 07:13:33 PM »
Mirai Nikki 13

A fair number of changes from the manga here, including fleshing everything out more. Good thing too.

I have no idea what's coming out this season.
What would you guys recommend? I'll probably only follow 1 show in addition to what I am already watching

This season? Nisemonogatari.
Every season? Nisemonogatari.
Seriously.

« Reply #620 on: January 09, 2012, 08:56:04 PM »
I really should get back to Mirai Nikki sometime, it was really picking up the last time I saw it. Probably should catch up  on both that and P4A.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #621 on: January 10, 2012, 09:54:53 AM »
I just rewatched the 2010 Sonohana OVA done by Chuchu...

I cried...

I really cried. I found it incredibly sweet and romantic, especially knowing the relationship between Mai and Reo in the first place, and the music is also really nice to go along with everything, despite the H yuri-yuri part of it, I couldn't help but sniffle just feeling so moved and touched by everything. And the ending was just perfect for me... I can't believe it, but I'd appreciate more H like that. Nowadays it's all the hardcore lame stuff that is quite unpleasant  :(

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
« Reply #622 on: January 10, 2012, 06:17:13 PM »
According to Otona Anime magazine vol.23, Nisemonogatari was announced to be 11 episodes long. Director Shinbo Akiyuki intended to reproduce the high pace of the conversation of the characters in the novel with the relatively short length of the series. Shinbo also said he wanted to animate all the Monogatari novels and catch up with the newly published Koimonogatari. There have been twelve Monogatari novels published so far and the whole series will be concluded by the next three volumes: Tsukimonogatari, Owarimonogatari, and Zoku Owarimonogatari, to be released this year.

Source: Scan of Otona Anime

:getdown: :getdown: :getdown: :getdown: :getdown: :getdown: :getdown: :getdown:

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #623 on: January 10, 2012, 07:16:45 PM »
Fuck all this talk about Nisemono whatever, it is time to talk about what could potentially be the best show this season: Another

Synopsis: 26 years ago, in a third-year classroom of a middle school, there was a student named Misaki. As an honors student who was also good at sports, the charming girl was popular with her classmates. When she suddenly died, her classmates decided to carry on as if she was still alive until graduation. Then, in the spring of 1998, a boy named Sakakibara Kouichi transfers to that classroom, and he grows suspicious of the fearful atmosphere in that classroom. In particular, there is a beautiful, aloof girl named Mei Misaki who wears an eyepatch and is always alone drawing pictures.

Can you not like this just by reading this sentence? well you should.

there is also Ano Natsu - While testing his new 8mm camera at night, Kaito Kirishima is caught amid a mysterious explosion in his small town. Strangely, Kaito wakes up the next day perfectly fine, but with no recollection of what exactly happened the day before. Unfazed by what seems to have been just a dream, he heads to school not giving much thought to the incident. Discussing with his friends about the camera, they decide to make a movie during summer break. They invite two upperclass students to participate in the project: recently arrived Ichika Takatsuki and the odd Remon Yamano. In a strange twist of fate, Ichika starts living with Kaito as his sister has to work overseas. Summer days are about to get exciting for the small film crew.

the censorship is too terrible to watch, skip and wait for BD.

Not so sure about Aquarion EVOL - http://myanimelist.net/anime/10447/Aquarion_Evol
but it seems awesome, I think I watched a few of the original piece, and it somehow smells a lot like Star Driver - hence, watch and see.

Helix ⑨

• No Pain, No Gain
  • No Guts, No Glory
    • my youtube, 95% touhou vids, mainly extras and last words.
« Reply #624 on: January 10, 2012, 09:03:07 PM »
Mirai Nikki 13

A fair number of changes from the manga here, including fleshing everything out more. Good thing too.

This season? Nisemonogatari.
Every season? Nisemonogatari.
Seriously.
Isn't that a sequel?
Cause I haven't watched bakemonogatari (did I spell that right  ???)

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
« Reply #625 on: January 10, 2012, 09:14:24 PM »
Isn't that a sequel?
Cause I haven't watched bakemonogatari (did I spell that right  ???)
Yep it's a sequel. If you haven't watched Bakemonogatari yet you should probably watch that first. Yeah, so go do that. Right now.

Widermelonz

• Delicious
  • Yum
« Reply #626 on: January 11, 2012, 02:15:29 AM »
Sonohana OVA

ohmygodohmygod, the first time I watched it, my heart almost couldn't take it because of how cute and sweet it was. While watching I was like "wtf are you doing there's a reason people stay home when they ar- OH GOD HHHNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGG MY HEART."

Next OVA when?!

Drake

« Reply #627 on: January 11, 2012, 08:23:32 AM »
Mouretsu Pirates? Hell to the yes. OP had me upside-down and threw me in; this just looks absolutely, hilariously, ridiculously awesome. ED is pretty great too. Looking forward to watching this.

Another? OP is really lacking, not powerful at all and doesn't help set the tone. After the OP though, the episode went pretty much like this:
"what the fuck"
"what the fuck"
"uh what the fuck"
"what the fuck"
"...what the fuck"
"what the fuck is this"
"what the fuck"

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Tengukami

« Reply #628 on: January 11, 2012, 09:01:42 AM »
Mouretsu Pirates

OK, the plot to this looks hilarious. I'll have to check this out, and give Another a chance.

Really enjoying Natsume Yuujinchou Shi as well, but it has exactly the type of story idea I'd like, so it can't really fail.

Nisemonogatari will hopefully not be a struggle. That first episode was really pretty, and funny in places but that interview blurb with the director posted upthread doesn't bode well to me. Again, a matter of personal preference, but anime with loads of fast dialogue lose me.

At the same time, Bakuman plods along, but Mirai Nikki just continues to get better.

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #629 on: January 11, 2012, 06:39:10 PM »
ohmygodohmygod, the first time I watched it, my heart almost couldn't take it because of how cute and sweet it was. While watching I was like "wtf are you doing there's a reason people stay home when they ar- OH GOD HHHNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGG MY HEART."

Next OVA when?!
I know right, this is the cutest shit I ever watched and dear god I almost lost several pints of blood.