Author Topic: Probably general what anime you watching now thread.  (Read 117756 times)

Formless God

Re: Probably general what anime you watching now thread.
« Reply #300 on: September 17, 2011, 10:07:33 PM »
Finished S;G. Man, such a
Spoiler:
satisfying
ending.
Watching Mononoke. Makes more sense than Bakemonogatari so far :V. Also, dat art.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #301 on: September 17, 2011, 10:17:08 PM »
Aaa why isn't Kaiji episode 24 subbed yet? ;_; I realize it's not in my right to complain about subbers who are working for free, but it's been over four days now since the episode came out, and normally it takes them two days to sub it. Some person said it's just a filler episode, but a quick skim of the RAW says quite the opposite. This is the climax of a very long arc, the wait is killing me. :fail:

The climax? No my friend. Not yet. Remember the dice game arc? How they built up the tension over a dozen episodes that left you screaming until finally, in one episode, they wrapped the whole thing up gloriously? There's not going to be any climax until ep 26. Ep 25 is gonna be a real nail-biter though.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #302 on: September 17, 2011, 10:35:45 PM »
The climax? No my friend. Not yet. Remember the dice game arc? How they built up the tension over a dozen episodes that left you screaming until finally, in one episode, they wrapped the whole thing up gloriously? There's not going to be any climax until ep 26. Ep 25 is gonna be a real nail-biter though.

Oh god I know. When I dived into the subbed episode like an hour after that post, I was all o_o. And then O_O. Now I can say only one thing:

Kaijiiiiiiiii. ;O;
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Tengukami

« Reply #303 on: September 17, 2011, 10:38:03 PM »
Seriously. At this point I'm surprised he hasn't yet grabbed Ichijou by the hair and pounded his face into the Bog until there's no face left. That final twist was just ... "OH COME ON!"

Poor Kaiji can't catch a break.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Drake

« Reply #304 on: September 18, 2011, 07:04:59 AM »
kaijiiiiiiiiii ;;________;;

i'm hoping on "batteries"

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #305 on: September 18, 2011, 07:48:00 AM »
Tiger and Bunny episode 25 watched.

November is going to be a busy month, with NaNoWriMo
Spoiler:
and T&B Season 2
and all.

Fuck yes, I loved that ending. And yeah, 25 episodes, not 26 as originally thought.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #306 on: September 18, 2011, 12:44:11 PM »
Tiger and Bunny episode 25 watched.

November is going to be a busy month, with NaNoWriMo
Spoiler:
and T&B Season 2
and all.

Fuck yes, I loved that ending. And yeah, 25 episodes, not 26 as originally thought.

It was a great ending, indeed--
Spoiler:
complete with cliffhangers like we've become accustomed to throughout this series
!

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #307 on: September 18, 2011, 02:07:35 PM »
Man T&B Ep 25
Spoiler:
"did you even check my pulse?"
just killed me.
I should have expected nothing less from the superhero show that flip turns upside-down all your preconceived notions of superhero shows!

« Reply #308 on: September 20, 2011, 02:52:23 PM »
finally got around to watching Penguindrum 10 but with so many interruptions >:(

I had planned on catching up on the final eps of T&B but that'll have to wait until later, woe.

Spoiler:
and T&B Season 2
I would love for this to happen, so much.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #309 on: September 20, 2011, 08:02:30 PM »
I would love for this to happen, so much.
I'm fairly sure it's already confirmed.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #310 on: September 20, 2011, 08:17:13 PM »
T&B final episode here, too.
Spoiler:
Scarf-tan in the background in the final scene. She shows up as a NEXT in season 2 with the ability to create copies of herself, hence why she pops up so often. Besides, she's cute enough to pop up that often anyway.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

« Reply #311 on: September 20, 2011, 08:56:18 PM »
I'm fairly sure it's already confirmed.
is it? I knew it was a definite maybe but I've not seen any real announcements. I haven't really looked that hard though.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #312 on: September 20, 2011, 09:04:12 PM »
is it? I knew it was a definite maybe but I've not seen any real announcements. I haven't really looked that hard though.
Ah nevermind.  I just checked and it is under consideration.

Still, judging from what I've heard about the series it seems like it could go for another season, though I should probably watch it first before developing any opinions. :3

EDIT:  In other news, there's gonna be some new thing regarding Madoka, but it seems like it's still being decided as to what they'll actually do.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

nintendonut888

« Reply #313 on: September 20, 2011, 11:32:24 PM »
I...wow.

I can't even describe Kaiji S2 episode 25. That was just...wow.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Drake

« Reply #314 on: September 21, 2011, 07:29:40 AM »
[nsfw]http://i53.tinypic.com/ok4f47.jpg[/nsfw]

KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

« Reply #315 on: September 21, 2011, 11:53:02 PM »
My anime club has just exposed me to Dokuro-chan.

Hahahaha what the fuck is this

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #316 on: September 22, 2011, 03:23:33 AM »
Jana's Everyday Life

Excaliborg is like my favorite weapon ever and I want one. :>

Tengukami

« Reply #317 on: September 22, 2011, 11:47:14 AM »
I...wow.

I can't even describe Kaiji S2 episode 25. That was just...wow.

Yeah, that was one satisfying episode alright. Of course we all know it's not gonna be that easy for Kaiji, as the last five minutes suggested. I have a terrible feeling about how this series is going to end, and I hope I'm wrong. But just to have it on record, I predict that
Spoiler:
during a confrontation between the old man and Kaiji over whether his wins were ill-gotten or not, Kaiji will be presented with the choice of freeing his friends from the underground in exchange for his slavery, or being able to skip out on his own, and Kaiji will of course sacrifice himself for his friends.
I really hope they avoid this or some other easy answer, because this series has been one hell of a ride and I'd love to see it go out with a surprise bang.

Drake

« Reply #318 on: September 22, 2011, 02:08:21 PM »
I'm also being extremely wary of
Spoiler:
the formal papers Kaiji haphazardly signed for Endou.

nintendonut888

« Reply #319 on: September 22, 2011, 09:39:07 PM »
Yeah, that was one satisfying episode alright. Of course we all know it's not gonna be that easy for Kaiji, as the last five minutes suggested. I have a terrible feeling about how this series is going to end, and I hope I'm wrong. But just to have it on record, I predict that
Spoiler:
during a confrontation between the old man and Kaiji over whether his wins were ill-gotten or not, Kaiji will be presented with the choice of freeing his friends from the underground in exchange for his slavery, or being able to skip out on his own, and Kaiji will of course sacrifice himself for his friends.
I really hope they avoid this or some other easy answer, because this series has been one hell of a ride and I'd love to see it go out with a surprise bang.

This is more than a little caused by my skimming of the Wikipedia article and forgetting the editors of the site have no concept of spoilers, but
Spoiler:
I'm pretty sure that when Hyoudou was talking about "that trash who owes Teiai 700,000,000 yen," he was referring to the one who let that payment escape. Namely, Ichijou. He talked earlier about how he must keep the appearances of fairness up no matter what, so I doubt he'll deny Kaiji the money.

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
« Reply #320 on: September 23, 2011, 09:20:36 PM »
Ga Rei Zero

Okay let's pick a random series to watch yeah this one looks average so anyway first episode is flashy monster killing but the characters are kinda meh wait what
Spoiler:
now they're all dead and the main characters are different okay this second episode is pretty funky but who the hell is this sword chick wait now it's all backstory are you kidding me actually hang on this is fucking awesome oh now we're back to the present holy shit that's one hell of a body count ROCKET WHEELCHAIR yeah someone might actually want to try killing her oh hey they did it well goddamn that was way better than expected

Or something like that.

JT

« Reply #321 on: September 24, 2011, 05:31:28 AM »
Just finished Kaiji S2 episode 20. I liked the first arc alright, but I'm not really feeling it on this one. There's just way too much stuff that makes me stop and say, "Oh what the fuck? That's bullshit/that would never work/how could he possibly have known that."
Spoiler:
Their plan to get past the flippers
in particular is totally contrived and ridiculous, and depends entirely on mountains of incidental shit that they couldn't possibly have any clue about. It's still a cool show and all, but seriously. We're starting to approach Death Note levels of circumstantial bullshit at this point.

Edit: Also, I got really stoked when I found out
Spoiler:
Endou was going to join the party
, but he's barely said or done a goddamn thing so far.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 05:39:00 AM by JT »

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #322 on: September 24, 2011, 08:58:35 AM »
ended Mayo Chiki, best harem anime this season.

no contest.

decided to catch up with Kaitou Twin Angel (because well, it has a Malaysian flavor to it, simply because of Stormtrooper guy Danny's own character)
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #323 on: September 24, 2011, 09:20:26 AM »
Mawaru Penguindrum 11: One of the most prominent theories regarding the setting has been confirmed.
Spoiler:
The 95 really does refer to the '95 sarin gas attacks.

Ivan The Mouse

• Don't worry, Yoshika... you will (ahn~♥) protect me...
  • Law Abiding Unless Provoked
« Reply #324 on: September 24, 2011, 06:48:26 PM »
Still waiting for Carnival Phantasm Episode 5 to be subbed by UTW. But at least, the full OP has been released already.
Your sig is too big :V ~TSO

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
Re: Probably general what manga you reading now thread.
« Reply #325 on: September 24, 2011, 08:19:46 PM »
Ga-Rei

Pretty much sums up my feelings by the end. Wasn't bad by any stretch of the imagination, but the anime prequel > it in basically every meaningful way.

Aya Squawkermaru

• "You furnish the pictures and I'll furnish the war." - William Hearst
  • Relevant quote is relevant.
« Reply #326 on: September 24, 2011, 08:43:07 PM »
Your brain:  :)

Your brain on Mawaru Penguindrum episode 11:  :getdown::getdown::getdown:

Widermelonz

• Delicious
  • Yum
« Reply #327 on: September 25, 2011, 02:28:29 AM »
ended Mayo Chiki

Uh, isn't there one more episode left? Unless that episode preview after the ED song was just there to troll us.

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #328 on: September 25, 2011, 02:36:50 AM »
I think that is an OVA preview.
sadly Mayo Chiki ends at 12 as far as I know.

<-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Drake

« Reply #329 on: September 25, 2011, 03:19:52 AM »
wiki says 13