Author Topic: Probably general what anime you watching now thread.  (Read 118090 times)

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
Re: Probably general what anime you watching now thread.
« Reply #210 on: August 07, 2011, 03:59:00 AM »
There are people STILL NOT watching Dantalian no Shoka, I can't freaking believe it, this is the good anime you been asking all winter and summer fanservice season and you are not picking this up? holy molley.
or you are busy, I can understand.

but seriously, best general all round anime this season, I love it to bits.
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #211 on: August 07, 2011, 03:30:47 PM »
So yeah, still watching Powerpuff Girls Z, and I figured out one of the main reasons why I'm loving it: Attention to detail.  The big Cartoon Network logo in the opening was a tip off, but it's amazing how many references to the original they put in.

Hell, Bubbles even has her Octi doll~!

But what really made me sit up and notice it was when it changed to the second OP.  Which pretty much triggered a massive nostalgiagasm when I saw Liberty Belle, Harmony Bunny, Maaaaaange (also, Buttercup showing off her unique ability), the freaking Powerpuff Dynamo and POWERPROF.

Added to this the fact that I really like the interpretations of all the old characters.  Most notable is the fact that I actually like Z's version of Sedusa, my least favourite PPG villain, but everyone seems to come out of this pretty well.  Mojo is somewhat less cultured than the original and lacks the elaborate vocal stylings, but he's still a really fun character.  Fuzzy is, as I noted earlier, pretty much exactly the same, so no complaints there.  Princess is an even bigger attention whore than she was before, but they manage to give her a pretty good reason why she's one.  The Gangreen Gang are pretty much the same too, although they all have unique powers (although with the exception of Lil' Arturo, none of them have the same powers as that one episode of the original where they gained powers).  Also Ace looks like Kamina, which is awesome in itself.  The Rowdyruffs are... Somewhat different, but when it comes down to it they're still pretty much just the same bunch of superpowered jerks they always were, which is why we loved them anyways.  And Him (what little we've seen of Him anyways) is no longer a freaky transvestite Satan.  No, now He is a freaky transvestite Satan clown, although he lacks that cool vocal effect the original had.  Oh well.

As for the girls themselves... Blossom is kinda ditzier, obsessed with cakes and superheroes, but still the commander and the leader.  Bubbles is somewhat less ditzy tham the original but still brings the joy and the laughter.  And Buttercup is more tomboyish, but still the best out of three (and the toughest fighter, of course.  Seriously.)  Also, I just have to say that I love the costumes.  Something about the jackets, I guess.

So... Yeah.  After reaching the halfway point, I've enjoyed this far more than I thought I would.  If you're not going to look at it too seriously and not expecting it to be exactly like the original, I'd recommend checking it out.  Um... And hey, this turned into a ramble.  Sorry about that, ahah~ >.>
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #212 on: August 07, 2011, 03:57:01 PM »
MJP has started me on Steins;Gate because I like sci-fi but don't like moeblobbery.  Now I had started playing Chaos;Head a while ago but stopped because the MC is just so goddamn unlikeable so I hope the same fate does not befall this series.

However, after Episode 1 I am so thoroughly confused I hope this clears up!

Also anxiously awaiting Fate/Zero~~~!

Drake

« Reply #213 on: August 07, 2011, 07:38:31 PM »
However, after Episode 1 I am so thoroughly confused I hope this clears up!
prepare to be more confused

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #214 on: August 08, 2011, 02:46:37 AM »
In internet speak: I would say Stein;s Gate as DEEP and Pretentious, there is a lot to like about it, but even more to dislike it...
I dropped it after episode 9 or so as my head can't quite get it. Nonetheless, considering its mileage, I will get the DVD and watch it maybe on one of those lousy days.

on a good note: I am surprised, this season is a double load of good animes coming in August.
one of them includes Boku no Tomodachi wa Sukunai (I have few friends) rated highly by college going and university students in Japan for its curbstomping girls (in attitude) and jokes, which mostly includes trying to get friends... (the story is about this guy who has a lack of friends who met up with this girls who has an 'air-friend' which she says is like air-guitar, except you can talk to him/her whenever you like; and they start a club to find friends and along the way a bunch of weirdos joined the club)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 02:50:31 AM by ♛ Tsundere Bakery »
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Fetch()tirade

• serial time-waster
« Reply #215 on: August 11, 2011, 05:23:13 PM »

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
  • When Ice Cars completely miss the intended target
« Reply #216 on: August 11, 2011, 07:58:03 PM »
Highschool of the Dead
"I'm not sure about this anymore...Are you sure this is safe?"

"Absolutely! This is 100% safe! ...Not."

« Reply #218 on: August 11, 2011, 08:00:44 PM »
Well I just finished Madoka.

Someone recommend me an IV of happy anime so I don't kill myself.

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #219 on: August 11, 2011, 08:08:37 PM »
Legend of the Galactic Heroes. I finally understand now. I don't know if I can make it through the final season. Speaking of which,

Azumanga Daioh. Always Azu-Dai.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

« Reply #220 on: August 11, 2011, 08:09:20 PM »

here: http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,8895.0.html

Drake

« Reply #221 on: August 11, 2011, 08:10:01 PM »
this season: nichijou, idolm@ster, mawaru penguindrum, nekogami yaoyorozu

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #222 on: August 11, 2011, 08:21:51 PM »
this season: nichijou, mawaru penguindrum

These two and sacred seven (which I'm behind on).

:|

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #223 on: August 20, 2011, 03:38:19 AM »
despite being a trashy type of moe-loaded beach episode, Mayo Chiki still spawns something fun out of it, maybe because it is the first beach episode with a cliffhanger ending to the next episode which is sure to be drama loaded. (also, screenshot paradise this episode is)

Widermelonz

• Delicious
  • Yum
« Reply #224 on: August 20, 2011, 04:38:28 AM »
So I was watching Usagi Drop Ep 7 and I thought to myself, "man, this person sounds a lot like Kana Ueda." Then, 5 minutes later, "oh dang, it is Kana Ueda."

Man, I've experienced this situation quite a lot recently.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #225 on: August 21, 2011, 01:03:23 AM »
Digimon Tamers, the original version this time. Though I'm not watching it by itself, rather I'm doing it as a way to pass the time while doing other tedious things.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #226 on: August 21, 2011, 05:33:05 AM »
This season: Nichijou, No.6, and Penguindrum. Should probably go back and catch up on Steins;Gate and Dantalian no Shoka sometime soon, but meh

Fluffy Rocket Tails

• The fluffiest.
  • Far superior to any Tanuki.
« Reply #227 on: August 21, 2011, 07:53:40 AM »
What I'm watching currently changed slightly to include Penguindrum along with Nichijou and Dantalian.  I'm also watching SKET Dance occasionally, one every couple weeks or so, and I plan to watch Crois?e and Memochou eventually.

Slightly off-topic:
Would a show be considered dropped if you watched only one episode and decided you'd rather count the tiles in your kitchen, or if you thought you were going to watch it and got a few episodes in (say more than 4 for example) and decided to stop?
Take me on a rocket ride.

Kaboom!

« Reply #228 on: August 23, 2011, 10:21:35 PM »
Currently watching: Dantalian no Shoka, Nichijou, No. 6, Steins; Gate, Tiger and Bunny, Usagi Drop, Kamisama Dolls, and Manyuu Hikenchou.

Honestly not so sure why I'm even watching the last two series. Kamisama Dolls is missing....something. I find the main character hard to like and it also reminds me uncomfortably of Zoids for some reason. As for Manyuu Hikenchou well.....that anime is what it is. Nonsensical and purely fanservice, I still watch it once in a while when I have nothing else to do.

In my opinion the best anime I'm watching right now are probably Nichijou, Steins; Gate, and Usagi Drop. Nichijou is just hilarious and
Spoiler:
shrine episode made me laugh the hardest I've laughed in quite a long time.
Steins; Gate is giving me my healthy dose of headbreak and also carries some really emotional segments. I also like Usagi Drop since I really enjoy the pastel colors and the rather calm flow of the episodes. The music for all of these anime is also pretty amazing.

I also just finish the second season of Honey and Clover a few hours ago. That anime was really good. It's been a while since I've been made to care about the characters of an anime so much. The sense of time passing and things changing between the characters was really amazing.

Ahhh summer vacation is magical. Too bad it's ending soon... :(

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #229 on: August 24, 2011, 09:10:11 AM »
oh right I should probably mention

Matsy and I are watching Mawaru Penguindrum (caught up on episode 7) and are speeding through Tiger and Bunny to catch the ending as it comes out. Currently on episode 14 of 21 so far.

I did not expect Tiger and Bunny to enthrall me as much as it did! But it has.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #230 on: August 24, 2011, 09:15:01 AM »
Indeed!

I'm adoring the hell out of Penguindrum, as much as I had thought I would -- and Tiger & Bunny has been incredible, as well. I was pleasantly surprised by how excellent some of the characters are.

Well, mostly Kotetsu.

Kotetsu's a bro of the highest degree. 8)

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #231 on: August 24, 2011, 09:16:45 AM »
Kotetsu is basically Kamina, having traded in the cape for that sweet cabbie hat.

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #232 on: August 24, 2011, 01:41:18 PM »
Tiger & Bunny is a fabulous show and I'm so glad more of you guys are watching it :*
Episode 14 is just finishing up the first story arc IIRC , the second.... ohhhhh it gets really good now!

As for me, I am anxiously awaiting Steins;Gate - fortunately it didn't get more confusing it got more AWESOME.

Also Carnival Phantasm is the most ridiculous amazing thing I have ever watched, though I can't imagine it's much fun if you haven't played/seen Tskukihime and F/SN (though they do seem to make a point to not spoil some plot twists from Fate which is nice of them)

Aoshi-shi

• Back at it again in the Land of Origin
  • maior e longinquo reverentia
« Reply #233 on: August 24, 2011, 06:45:13 PM »
oh right I should probably mention

Matsy and I are watching Mawaru Penguindrum (caught up on episode 7) and are speeding through Tiger and Bunny to catch the ending as it comes out. Currently on episode 14 of 21 so far.

I did not expect Tiger and Bunny to enthrall me as much as it did! But it has.

Oh wow, I thought I was one of the very few people that liked Tiger & Bunny.  :ohdear:

Wait, what. 21 episodes out now? I need to catch up. (On 19.)
Art Thread -->
Well gee, I have a Tumblr now.  | Twitter
 What a nice day to complain about mobage!
 |PADherder

Drake

« Reply #234 on: August 24, 2011, 07:48:34 PM »
ahaha just wait for 20

Lloyd Dunamis

• aka Amanie
« Reply #235 on: August 24, 2011, 11:41:14 PM »
Tiger & Bunny, yaaaaay! xD

Hnn, lessee...
My YoungestSis is going (love)nuts over No. 6. Also because the original character design and conceptual design are made by toi8, one of her favorite artists since/because of Soul Cradle/Nomad. They can't seem to tell if my sisters would put it as (aaa don't quote me on this >x<; ) BL or something else, but at some views I somewhat say to heck with categorizing. =w=;

ElderSisters also all over Tiger & Bunny. They pretty much have started the Tiger & Bunny craze in our family. I definitely love season1's Opening~! :*
...Oh, this cosplay/parody pic (The Bodyguard) may be a treat for some Kotetsu & Barnaby fans, or just Tiger & Bunny in general. Eeeh, EldestSis doesn't have any blonde wig for Bunny at that moment of inspiration, but eh =w=;;...

As for me... I'm trying to fit the following in my time:
  • Nichijou - I don't get to watch slice of life very often, so this anime is light-heartening =w=
  • Dog Days - Being unhurt while having the fun of fantasy-ish battles, arenas & the likes (and animal ears/tails fanservice or something for those who like such)? Why the heck not? >w<
    Gosh, I'll definitely be all up for a BASARA / Ys /  -ish game of this!~<3
  • Hanasaku Iroha - I'm getting job-related vibes here. Yakitate! Japan does so much more for a "workforce mindset" or something though...
    Eh, I like Ohana's reactions & hairstyle~<3 >////<. I've grown attached to its opening theme song, too.
...and I'm still only in ep7 for the mentioned anime's I'm watching ?V
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 11:43:05 PM by Lloyd Dunamis »
2010.1212 <Sakana> The only time wasted is the time in which you really do nothing at all, not even enjoying yourself
You may send me suspicious files that could be infected/a trojan, and I'll try analyzing it for you. :3 -Mo?ware, your personal Anti-Malware Engineer

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #236 on: August 25, 2011, 01:59:59 AM »
DEAR GOD

CARNIVAL PHANTASM

It is the best shit all season yo, all TYPE MOON fans report.
This shit be dazzling and phantasming and shit, it is the shit.

seriously, if you thought it was a trainwreck in the making when it was announced all TYPE MOON verse characters decide to come up in 14 minute episodes you are dead wrong, this show is all kinds of win.

« Reply #237 on: August 25, 2011, 02:13:19 AM »
MVPMVPMVPMVPMVPMVPMVPMVPMVPMVPMVPMVPMVPMVPMVPMVPMVPMVPMVPMVPMVPMVPMVPMVPMVPMVPMVPMVPMVPMVP

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #238 on: August 25, 2011, 02:34:04 AM »
Carnival Phantasm is...

epic

Spoiler:
I couldn't fix the rocket =P

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Widermelonz

• Delicious
  • Yum
« Reply #239 on: August 25, 2011, 04:31:54 AM »
Carnival Phantasm fuckyea.

Shirou fan reporting in.